Goku76

Mingmen "Door of Life" cultivation for Dantien

When you guys do any kind of cultivation exercise, whether it be Fragrant qigong, or Zhan Zhaung  etc. Do you focus more on the mingmen initially

focusing on the breath going there and then ease your way to breathing into the dantien and mingmen at the same time.  To create the girdle or(band) from the mingmen to the dantien to really make sure your activating it to the fullest for the most chi to flow. Or after you have activated your Dantien you just focus on the breath just into the dantien?

10 minutes ago, Goku76 said:

When you guys do any kind of cultivation exercise, whether it be Fragrant qigong, or Zhan Zhaung  etc. Do you focus more on the mingmen initially

focusing on the breath going there and then ease your way to breathing into the dantien and mingmen at the same time.  To create the girdle or(band) from the mingmen to the dantien to really make sure your activating it to the fullest for the most chi to flow. Or after you have activated your Dantien you just focus on the breath just into the dantien?

Seems like you’ve never done any of those practices mentioned or even done any research, let alone approach a teacher for questions. 

You should probably do that instead of posting to people online to do your research for you.

• Like 1

Different areas do different things, at different stages of your practice. 

And this differs between different practices, which have different purposes and lead to different places. 

Regarding that, the question is hard to answer, because "any kind of cultivation exercise" might use any kind of approach. 

Most practitioners will follow what they were taught by their teacher. 

And we can discuss which approach is superior. 

If a teacher haven't told you the specifics, I would vouch for a soft focus in the lower abdomen. That is actually a great start, laying the foundation for more interesting methods. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

Seems like you’ve never done any of those practices mentioned or even done any research, let alone approach a teacher for questions. 

You should probably do that instead of posting to people online to do your research for you.

Actually I have done Zhan Zhaung before and also have done some research, not everybody has the same teacher just like how to have the dantien and mingmen In line to make a horizontal line to open it is not the same in every tradition. I just wanted to see if anybody else has done breathing into the mingmen AND the dantien and has experience with it so they can offer tips to help with my or even others who may have the same question with this.

1 minute ago, Goku76 said:

Actually I have done Zhan Zhaung before and also have done some research, not everybody has the same teacher just like how to have the dantien and mingmen In line to make a horizontal line to open it is not the same in every tradition. I just wanted to see if anybody else has done breathing into the mingmen AND the dantien and has experience with it so they can offer tips to help with my or even others who may have the same question with this.

Your phrasing shows you don't understand it as well. 

Someone claimed to be doing Zhan Zhuang recently, but he was just standing on a board. 

Other people claim to have learned it from teachers or books, but when I've seen some people, their Zhan Zhuang isn't even Zhan Zhuang at all--they don't even know Chen Bao, and they think ten minutes is adequate to get any kind of internal power. 

So nope--you sound like a neophyte here, especially because doing the focused breathing you're inquiring about at your stage of development having done your Mo Pai level 1 is only going to cause you more problems. 

But we all know you aren't inclined to listen to advice that you need to hear, but doesn't tell you what you want to hear. ;) 

34 minutes ago, Goku76 said:

just like how to have the dantien and mingmen In line to make a horizontal line to open

My first thought was "bend over", but I guess that is not what you are after? 

I just wanted to see if anybody else has done breathing into the mingmen AND the dantien 

No, not in a way that in any way resembles this description. 

Edited by Cleansox