ReturnDragon

Tai Chi practitioners should know about mitochondria.

Sorry

Spoiler

u7F33ZX7w0Q56Mc3J2npNVLHnhjtIM8Pkcj44RyF

I know I'm being a bit of a dick... it happens sometimes

It must be because it is a Fire/Fire day today on the Tibetan calendar...

Edited by steve

33 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

Yes, but you changed subjects. 

And the title on the thread, which means I am out. 

Tai chi exercise does incease the mitochondrial quantity. In other words, the energy will be increased in the body. Thus the subject has not been changed.

23 minutes ago, steve said:

Why does it matter if the practitioner has theoretical knowledge of mitochondria?

Do the masters of Chen village and the mythical Zhang San Feng suffer for their lack of knowledge about mitochondria?

No problem, Steve, I like you.

Of course, there is no need for anyone to know. However , once you know the concept you wiil be more appreciative in your practice. It would be less dependent on a teacher.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ReturnDragon said:

No problem, Steve, I like you.

Of course, there is no need for anyone to know. However , once you know the concept you wiil be more appreciative in your practice. It would be less dependent on a teacher.

Cool, I like you too

Edited by steve

I´m not so sure that tai chi practitioners need to know anything about mitochondria, though such knowledge might indeed fascinate and inspire.  Mitochondria, however, need to know about tai chi.  Fortunately, implicit knowledge of tai chi (in the broad philosophical sense) is preprogrammed into the mitochondrial operating system.

(Well, I don´t know this for a fact.  But it sounded good to me and so I said it.  By definition, all of nature, including mitochondria, follows the dao.)  

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ReturnDragon said:

Shall we continue within the subject matter of the OP?

HELP!

I just got up and I cannot find your thread. 

Now I have a mild attack of hypochondria.

Or is it an attack of COVID - 19?

My breathing is irregular.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, steve said:

Cool, I like you too

So how does knowing about mitochondria make one less dependent on a teacher? I genuinely want to understand how that works.

Thank you. OK Now, we know that mitos generates energy. They react differently in accordance with the muscle movements. Taiji has lots of movements. Practing these movements  with breathing will affect our body muscle structure and behavior. 

Next thing to know, now, is what happens when the muscles contract? 

Edited by ReturnDragon

1 hour ago, ReturnDragon said:

Thank you. OK Now, we know that mitos generates energy. They react differently in accordance with the muscle movements. Taiji has lots of movements. Practing these movements  with breathing will affect our body muscle structure and behavior. 

Next thing to know, now, is the muscles.

Edited by steve

4 minutes ago, steve said:

How do you know you are doing the taijiquan properly? 

Please let me get to that. Most people ask that question because they didn't know the concept. Please hold your questions until I give more insights.

Next thing you need to know is about muscle contraction. That will answer your question.

Edited by ReturnDragon

17 minutes ago, steve said:

How do you know you are doing the taijiquan properly?

Hi steve,

Please give taijiquan a miss.

I am now not breathing properly.

Can mitochondria relieve me of my hypochondria?

SOS

- Anand

(LL - why are you laughing? Please help me.)

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ReturnDragon said:

Please let me get to that. Most people ask that question because they didn't know the concept. Please hold your questions until I give more insights.

Next thing you need to know is about muscle contraction. That will answer your question.

Edited by steve
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Walker said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I got ten dollars says this is all leading towards "qi energy is stored in ATP so you have to breathe deep to get qi and reverse breathing is the whole point of qigong because it makes you get the most energy from ATP."

Nah, make that $20...

10 hours ago, Walker said:

Bam! Twenty dollars!

Well, glad to see that others see the coming subterfuge...  he is the one who said that westerners can't read, understand and translate chinese texts... and he needed to explain it to everyone.  So, here we go again... but for those wanting to see a few of his past attempts:

What is ATP?

Muscle Contraction and ATP

Why is Chi Kung Practitioners are healthier and stronger breathing the same air....?

Chi Kung - The Ultimate Method of Breathing

I'm not against a discussion where folks can have their opinions and the issue is discussed... and let's see if this changes from the past, but the prior experienced seems summed up by a member years ago:

But you're not asking a question, you're just wanting people to say what you already think is true.

believe many people have tried to explain this but you don't seem to be interested, like i said before I think you just want to try "teach" people what you already believe with this kind of thread.

Example - you say all qigong comes down to breathing, chi is just air. Now its obvious to many qigong practioners on this board that this is completely untrue, and we try to open up your mind to some other possibilities, but from your responses you dont even seem interested.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, dawei said:

let's see if this changes from the past...

Hi dawei,

Is a change synonymous with the past ~ a change? 

Mosquitoes breed in stagnant water...

tnwDT7.gif

Let's see.

- Anand

4 hours ago, dawei said:

Well, glad to see that others see the coming subterfuge...  he is the one who said that westerners can't read, understand and translate chinese texts... and he needed to explain it to everyone.  So, here we go again... 

Exactly.

The Han-chauvinist racist element ChiDickdrip's agenda is informed by is among its most repugnant aspects.

This fool actually believes that the color of his skin and his native language qualify him as an expert in fields he has never really studied. 

Like all race-based notions, the basis of this is stupidity and delusion. The result is a steady stream of lies.

A pity that this banned member did not spend the last six years learning anything new, and is instead returned here to press repeat.

Like a putting a piece of cold poop in the microwave to warm it up and call it dinner.

Edited by Walker
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Walker said:

Exactly.

The element Han-chauvinist racist element to ChiDickdrip's agenda is informed by is among its most repugnant aspects.

This fool actually believes that the color of his skin and his native language qualify him as an expert in fields he has never really studied. 

Like all race-based notions, the basis of this is stupidity and delusion. The result is a steady stream of lies.

A pity that this banned member did not spend the last six years learning anything new, and is instead returned here to press repeat.

Like a putting a piece of cold poop in the microwave to warm it up and call it dinner.

Can I just say that every creative criticism or insult you make is not only hilarious, but is visualized both immediately and easily with the manner that you write and the images you describe? :D 

56 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Can I just say that every creative criticism or insult you make is not only hilarious, but is visualized both immediately and easily with the manner that you write and the images you describe? :D 

Lol, it ain't me, the God of the Dozens whispers little flames in my ears...

P.S., I apologize for the visual. You'll never look at a microwave the same way again 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Walker said:

Lol, it ain't me, the God of the Dozens whispers little flames in my ears...

P.S., I apologize for the visual. You'll never look at a microwave the same way again 😂

I haven’t used a microwave for twenty years now. They banned them in the Soviet Union for a reason. But a microwaved turd can describe a lot of futile behavior...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Walker said:

Hi RD

On 1/5/2020 at 8:15 AM, ReturnDragon said:

Hello, everyone:
I was a long time member here,  AKA Chidragon. Now, I am returning back to the Thedaobums community; and hope things will be better in a Taoist atmosphere.

On 2/10/2020 at 12:08 PM, ReturnDragon said:

Hi Steve
Thank you for your welcome back. I saw your posts and was wondering when you will be noticed of my return.

On 2/10/2020 at 12:17 PM, ReturnDragon said:

Mr Walker, 
Nice to see you today. Thank you for summing up my posts of the subject. As a matter of fact, I had gone through the forum twice to find the info with no luck. You had done a very good job.

Are you this... ?

tnwDT7.gif

hir0003-d08.gif

RIP

- Anand

7 minutes ago, Apech said:

I think this mixes up the Soviet Union and Russia.  They were banned in the Soviet Union.  After its demolition, the resulting states got incorporated into the free microwaving world.  But I remember that large-scale study -- it was actually conducted in Belarus, then a republic of the Soviet Union -- and resulted in a ban.  They were feeding the workers of the huge Minsk Tractor Plants microwaved dinners for some six months or a year, don't remember, all the while a team of doctors and researchers monitoring their health dynamic.  The outcome was what they named "microwave sickness" which had all the features of a muted, low-grade radiation sickness.  And the experts convinced the government to ban them.  And there was no corporation in existence to bribe or strong-arm its way to the microwave market past those recommendations.  So, no mistake there.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

I think this mixes up the Soviet Union and Russia.  They were banned in the Soviet Union.  After its demolition, the resulting states got incorporated into the free microwaving world.  But I remember that large-scale study -- it was actually conducted in Belarus, then a republic of the Soviet Union -- and resulted in a ban.  They were feeding the workers of the huge Minsk Tractor Plants microwaved dinners for some six months or a year, don't remember, all the while a team of doctors and researchers monitoring their health dynamic.  The outcome was what they named "microwave sickness" which had all the features of a muted, low-grade radiation sickness.  And the experts convinced the government to ban them.  And there was no corporation in existence to bribe or strong-arm its way to the microwave market past those recommendations.  So, no mistake there.  

Thank you for reminding me I’m not that gullible.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Haha 1