Earl Grey

Say Something Nice About Someone Chain!

Here's an idea I saw over a decade ago in another forum that I think would be good here. 

The rules are simple:

1) Say one nice thing about the person who posted before you.

2) Say one nice thing about another member on the forum whom you can nominate after and tag them to participate in the chain.

3) The next person posting says something nice about you and nominates someone else. The chain then continues.

Example: As this is the first post, there is no one before me, so I will consider Sean the person before me because he started the forum. 

@sean has great taste in books and is a funny, chill kind of guy whom I probably would have loved smoking hookah with in college and talking late at night about philosophy. 

Next, I tag the person whom I nominate to say something nice about and follow up in the chain, who in this case is @silent thunder

@silent thunder is a very compassionate and understanding guy who tries to see the good in everyone, no matter what and has good, long posts trying to pull back and see the bigger picture. 

4. The next post does not have to be whom you tag--anyone can jump in and post something nice about the person before them and nominate someone else. 

For example, if the next person posting is neither Sean nor silent thunder but someone like Taomeow or Nungali, for example, they would then say something nice about the person posting above them, then tag someone else and say something nice about them. 

5. No passive-aggressive comments--genuine and sincere wishes only

Let's see how well this experiment works. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Earl Grey He embodies the early 90s nerd culture to the fullest positive degree.

@liminal_luke His behavior portrays the cool gay uncle type I wish everyone knew in their life: Nothing dramatic or flamboyant flashy, but lots of common sense and good heart.

Edited by virtue
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

@virtue  I know nothing about virtue but he/she was quick to jump in and say some nice things, that's cool!

@ilumairen  She is an intelligent and passionate badass who I admire

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I don’t know @virtue at all, so it’s really easy to be entirely positive as my default position is (or should be… ;-) ) I’m OK, You’re OK because that’s naturally every human’s default setting. So, it's probably his default position as well. Nice1 @virtue!

Unfortunately, not knowing him leaves me at a loss to point out any of @virtue's specific valuable attributes, other than that he was the first member to jump onto this topic to help @Earl Grey’s excellent initiative* to rebuild this forum into what was, I believe, @sean's outstanding vision for it when he founded it. So, @virtue can be very quick to spot the positive and build upon it.

* He has demonstrated leadership by example and real humility, both of which are attributes of a genuine teacher.

PS @steve, a truly dedicated practitioner, got here before I'd finished writing my own response.

PPS Sorry about the cheat in tagging 4 people in my response. rotfl.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

@gatito I appreciate the pithiness of some of your posts - which call for exploration and self reflection, and how supportive you were of my sharing of experience here. Thank you gatito.

@steve As a more seasoned practioner of the lineage whose practices and teachings I've resonated with, your gentle reminders and fellowship have been invaluable. _/\_

@thelerner I enjoy your sense of exploration and openness in regard to practices and life experience. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@ilumairen who is an online warrioress and can always be counted on to say what she independently thinks, without regard for cliques and alliances. 

@thelerner who presents himself authentically, not pretending to be more or less than he is  (so refreshing!)...and who seems to like food as much as I do.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

@ilumairen who is an online warrioress and can always be counted on to say what she independently thinks, without regard for cliques and alliances. 

@thelerner who presents himself authentically, not pretending to be more or less than he is  (so refreshing!)...and who seems to like food as much as I do.

Lukey lukey lukey loo,

How we all do love you!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Apech said:

Lukey lukey lukey loo,

How we all do love you!

1 hour ago, CloudHands said:

Great !

@Apech funny wise cat. Deep with touch of lightness which makes I enjoy many your posts.

Remember: comment on the person above you and then tag someone else after!

Cloudhands has some funny and lighthearted posts!

@Nintendao is a sweetheart trying to be fair to everyone!

• Like 5

@Earl Grey is even more passionate about supporting worthy causes than dismantling deluded ones!

Hey @Seatle185 I like seeing you liking so many posts. You’re definitely paying attention. It’s encouraging that relatively quiet members can also participate.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

What ?! that's all the love we got ?

I like @Rara , for showing openness

I like @silent thunder , I rarely see such a big heart

I like @Taomeow because she showed me more paths than any other bum (btw I started on Lao She  then I saw you just post about him)

I like @thelerner I feel him simply kind and true here.

and I like @Earl Grey for bringing so much dynamic here

Edited by CloudHands
english
  • Like 5

@Earl Grey thank you for making this topic, you are always looking to help this community come together and have always shown willingness to help those that seek it.

@Nintendao - thanks, well i have always loved your name and wish i had thought of a name that cool! Haha i also sense a kindness and humbleness when i see your posts.

Even though i do remain pretty silent around here, i have been able to form intimate personal relationships with many of you, and the people i have been able to meet have been very kind, open and helpful to me along the way. ( & that definately includes people that may appear harsh or overly critical in their public posts 😂) i do appreciate all who take the time to post their experiences with these practices and what they have learned in the process. 

Im sure i could say something nice to just about everyone here, but for now i  guess i will call out @freeform. I continue to find your open sharing of your experiences inspiring. Hope to continue listening to them!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Trying to get back to the rules suggested by the OP. 

@CloudHands Witty and sharp, kind-hearted and thoughtful and a taiji aficionado

@Rocky Lionmouth Perceptive and empathetic and knowledgeable yet never overbearing, never lording it over to others 

• Like 7

@Taomeow is brilliant.  I've always thought of her as being on the same planet, different world, because her knowledge, experiences and viewpoint are so different then the tic toc world. 

@Megamind, If I was in a fox hole Megamind would be a great person to have beside me.  He's calm under fire, grounded and has years of dedicated meditation experience.

Beyond the OP, there are so many people on this site I consider friends.  Ones I'd love to visit, have a beer with, invite over.  Wonderful people with great insights, knowledge and compassion.

There are also people that I've insulted, been rude to and made fun of.  To them, I apologize, mea culpa.  I get hot headed and stupid, loosing perspective.  Please take my annoying and/or Pollyanish writings with a grain of salt. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 6

Ok, here goes. Disclaimer: I have A LOT of you to speak of, so I am going to start small and add to this chain over time. I think I understand the rules.

@thelerner

Always sincere and kind, and will go the extra mile to help. I remember a specific email that I got after starting a certain thread a long time ago...it's always nice to get a little something extra on my journey :)

@Rocky Lionmouth

You've been nominated twice now, so get your arse over here. I think in recent years, we found each other to be on the same page with most things and had a "Dude? Duuuuude!" moment haha.

More to follow. Lovely thread, thanks @Earl Grey

• Like 8

I am feeling the love @Taomeow and @Rara, you know how much it is reciprocated right? Most definetly lots!

Ra! Thank you, hugs and kisses to you!

Rara is a pillar and a gentleman, he is real and has never written anything here i wasn’t spontaneously going ”word up” as i read it. The Duuuuuuude moments he speaks of are real, he’s my friend.

Love his down to earth demeanor barely masking the power and virtue he carries.

I saw good folks been mentioned early which is good, shoutouts because i cant help myself:

Earl for doing this, you big cuddly bear you!

Seattle185 because the ever reassuring presence keeps us on our toes. Seattle NEVER sleeps, always studies.

Meows is one of the coolest people i know, wise and sharp, funny and true. Honest, compassionate and steadfast. Most likely to attain immortality sooner than most. Dont tell nobody but i harbor a crush for this cat.

Who else can drop such amounts of knowledge smoothly seasoning with wit and sparkly eyes? Bright eyes, whiskers front, ears perked and tail straight, sometimes with a hook on the end because its a curious world and so much to investigate.

Luke because he’s my man if not the man, like people say in movies about somebody who just is on point and solid, the full opposite of The Man who is the downpressor and protector of evil. If yall even knew what kind of strenght and resolve Luke has you’d be afk for a week just reeling.

ILU because she’s Queen, nobody died and made her it, she just owned it from day one because its her nature to be and do so.

Silent Thunder, my viking brother. You shine and we bask.

Nintendao, i really really like you a lot!

Even Apech is up in this, effortlessly cat, effortless! We aint talked much but i always smile when i see him up.

If someone is feeling left out it’s just cause i’m dead tired and my ADHD is tugging at my focus, trust me whan i say none of you, dear friends, is forgotten.

Onto tagging:

I wish our buddy @soaring crane would pop up sometime again, i really miss reading him. On point, ever kind and humble, never afraid.

@Brian because you know why and you know who he is.

@Limahong because he is a kindhearted and loving guy, some of you cant grasp the size of this guys heart. He’s on sabbatical, i know but i’d feel like a complete ass if i didn’t ping him. You do you Bro, i’m working on that beautiful challenge you gave me, i just wanted to represent a little.

@Walker because his feet never tire, nor his fingers and he seems to have the natural perseverance of a mountain and he’s got lots of heart and insight.

Peace!

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Rocky Lionmouth said:

I am feeling the love @Taomeow and @Rara, you know how much it is reciprocated right? Most definetly lots!

Ra! Thank you, hugs and kisses to you!

Rara is a pillar and a gentleman, he is real and has never written anything here i wasn’t spontaneously going ”word up” as i read it. The Duuuuuuude moments he speaks of are real, he’s my friend.

Love his down to earth demeanor barely masking the power and virtue he carries.

I saw good folks been mentioned early which is good, shoutouts because i cant help myself:

Earl for doing this, you big cuddly bear you!

Seattle185 because the ever reassuring presence keeps us on our toes. Seattle NEVER sleeps, always studies.

Meows is one of the coolest people i know, wise and sharp, funny and true. Honest, compassionate and steadfast. Most likely to attain immortality sooner than most. Dont tell nobody but i harbor a crush for this cat.

Who else can drop such amounts of knowledge smoothly seasoning with wit and sparkly eyes? Bright eyes, whiskers front, ears perked and tail straight, sometimes with a hook on the end because its a curious world and so much to investigate.

Luke because he’s my man if not the man, like people say in movies about somebody who just is on point and solid, the full opposite of The Man who is the downpressor and protector of evil. If yall even knew what kind of strenght and resolve Luke has you’d be afk for a week just reeling.

ILU because she’s Queen, nobody died and made her it, she just owned it from day one because its her nature to be and do so.

Silent Thunder, my viking brother. You shine and we bask.

Nintendao, i really really like you a lot!

Even Apech is up in this, effortlessly cat, effortless! We aint talked much but i always smile when i see him up.

If someone is feeling left out it’s just cause i’m dead tired and my ADHD is tugging at my focus, trust me whan i say none of you, dear friends, is forgotten.

Onto tagging:

I wish our buddy @soaring crane would pop up sometime again, i really miss reading him. On point, ever kind and humble, never afraid.

@Brian because you know why and you know who he is.

@Limahong because he is a kindhearted and loving guy, some of you cant grasp the size of this guys heart. He’s on sabbatical, i know but i’d feel like a complete ass if i didn’t ping him. You do you Bro, i’m working on that beautiful challenge you gave me, i just wanted to represent a little.

@Walker because his feet never tire, nor his fingers and he seems to have the natural perseverance of a mountain and he’s got lots of heart and insight.

Peace!

Hooray! We're all amazing!

...But let's try to focus on the guidelines for one person above you and one person you tag to nominate rules moving forward. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Hooray! We're all amazing!

...But let's try to focus on the guidelines for one person above you and one person you tag to nominate rules moving forward. :) 

Yeah... what a bunch of undisciplined bums !

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, CloudHands said:

Yeah... what a bunch of undisciplined bums !

Could you imagine all of us in class together? Teacher would lose their mind.

Except not with me, I'm teacher's pet and get it right every time :D

Edited by Rara
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, Rara said:

Could you imagine all of us in class together? Teacher would lose their mind.

Except not with me, I'm teacher's pet and getbit right every time :D

That's more or less what mods do ! Except there is an exit button

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

On 3/7/2020 at 11:26 PM, virtue said:

@Taomeow knows a lot and isn't afraid to share her wisdom. Many thanks for staying around and being awesome!

@virtue walks through the forum like the sages of Tao Te Ching walked through the world.

@zerostao walks through the world like the sages of Tao Te Ching walked through "the devil's country" of the I Ching.      

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This is one of those threads where fabulous members here can be overlooked.  There is something good could be said about 99+% of this communities members. The remainder could be Zen masters or something.

I will start with @Earl Grey the originator of this thread. Which is a good reason in itself. Not that long ago, he was thinking of taking a break from this forum. I salute him for sticking around. 

@steve time and space do not allow large enough parameters to mention, the why.

@Taomeow same time space thing applies with her too.

@Apech I lost count years ago how many times he's caused me to laugh. And he shares unique perspectives on important topics not so mainstream.

@Nungali keeps the down under vibe  going here. I know others do too. But nungali always shows up.

@mYTHmAKER who found a way to continue to make his remarkability available to me.

@rainbowvein goodnessisity

@manitou looks deeper, fearless in what she shares here.

@seanmany reasons are obvious. 

@Mak_Tin_Sishared expert advice on paintball markers on his you tube channel.  I will be getting the marker he recommends.

I will add more in a timely fashion. If I haven't mentioned you yet,, I likely will.

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2