Sign in to follow this  
ReturnDragon

Whose signature do you like?

@thelerner
** I tend to edit, re-edit and re-re-edit my posts.  Not to change there their content, usually to improve grammmar and flow.  Occasionally my conscience will put a gun to my head to clean up bad attitude.  

Edited by ReturnDragon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Marbs signature is still brilliant RD, thanks for reminding me. Miss him a lot still.

Mani and Lerner too and who can not like Rumi? 

But props are due at the source, that quote is from my dear friend, one of our fairly unsung sharpest typers and contemporary spiritual social realist poet extraordinaire @silent thunder. May he ever have Much Love Bud in his immediate surroundings. ❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rocky Lionmouth said:

Marbs signature is still brilliant RD, thanks for reminding me. Miss him a lot still.

Mani and Lerner too and who can not like Rumi? 

But props are due at the source, that quote is from my dear friend, one of our fairly unsung sharpest typers and contemporary spiritual social realist poet extraordinaire @silent thunder. May he ever have Much Love Bud in his immediate surroundings. ❤️

@Kar3n
Recognize mind has never once had a thought that wasn't your own choice already.

9 minutes ago, ReturnDragon said:

@Kar3n
Recognize mind has never once had a thought that wasn't your own choice already.

If I watch my thoughts, I notice that I never choose them. One moment they are not there and in the next, a thought is there, unbidden and unselected. If I leave it be as it is, it soon is gone again. Certainly we can choose to think about a topic or reminisce or plan but generally, they simply appear and the subject matter is unpredictable.

Edited by steve
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, steve said:

If I watch my thoughts, I notice that I never choose them. One moment they are not there and in the next, a thought is there, unbidden and unselected. If I leave it be as it is, it soon is gone again. Certainly we can choose to think about a topic or reminisce or plan but generally, they simply appear and the subject matter is unpredictable.

Wasn't that your choice of thought to tell me already?

Edited by ReturnDragon

1 minute ago, ReturnDragon said:

Was that your choice of thought to tell me already?

It was a reaction to your post.

I am referring more to the spontaneous thoughts that come and go from time to time.

Edited by steve

1 minute ago, steve said:

It was a reaction to your post.

I am referring more to the spontaneous thoughts that come and go from time to time.

Yes, any thought from you is your choice of thought. It is because that was the thought in your mind you want to tell me.

34 minutes ago, ReturnDragon said:

Yes, any thought from you is your choice of thought. It is because that was the thought in your mind you want to tell me.

I’m pleased you have your understanding.

Mind is different.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, steve said:

Dependent arising and karmic storehouse.. 

More like how clouds coalesce and dissipate.. without choosing their form. 

• Like 1

@Erdrickgr
"We are a company of ignorant beings, feeling our way through mists and darkness, learning only by incessantly repeated blunders, obtaining a glimmering of truth by falling into every conceivable error, dimly discerning light enough for our daily needs, but hopelessly differing whenever we attempt to describe the ultimate origin or end of our paths" - Leslie Stephen

@Way

Seeing misery in views and opinions, without adopting any, I found inner peace and freedom. One who is free does not hold to views or dispute opinions. For a sage there is no higher, lower, not equal, no place in which the mind can stick. But those that grasp after views and opinions only wander about the world annoying people.

Buddha, Sutta Nipata.

Edited by ReturnDragon

I think I had stepped my foot on the wrong side but not by mistake. Rather it is good to be on two sides. Like the yin and the yang.

Edited by ReturnDragon

Sign in to follow this