Heartbreak

What’s wrong with choosing Siddhis over materialism including sex?

On 2/14/2020 at 1:27 AM, ralis said:

It was a matter of time before you finally admitted why you are here. Impressing women is a waste of time. Why not be your own person and stop trying to impress. Life will be a whole lot less stressful. 

It is worse than that, he is an already established member using a different name drawing people in baiting them with conversation.

He has done it many times.

Why hello Mikey boy! I would recognize your foul stench anywhere 💩

4 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

It is worse than that, he is an already established member using a different name drawing people in baiting them with conversation.

He has done it many times.

Why hello Mikey boy! I would recognize your foul stench anywhere 💩

He is using different accounts here?

Yes there are allot of people who do. 

administration used to track IP addresses. 

I know as another member here is a member of my household.

When questioned by administration I confirmed the I.P. Overlap was due to this when I was questioned by administration. 

Yes I.P. Addresses can be spoofed via a VPN if I wanted I could make it look like I was posting from New Zealand instead of Florida.   

I have never cared.

People like to get fresh starts it is a flaw in character, better to own your bad behavior.

How else can one grow?

We all know Siddhis come from practice or are with us from birth due to practice in a previous life.

When one sits and becomes still with a lineages guidance the siddhis come.

Why?

Answer:

They are not meant to be used to aggrandize ones participation on any Loka.

You are meant to use your increased perception and unfolding abilities to further your practice to further evolve.

If I tell a novice practice OM, NA, MA, BA, GA, BA, TE, BA, SU, DE, BA, YA root Bija Vibrations in an orbital fashion in the brain Chakras in a specific manner they will experience nothing if they are lucky.

If they are perceptive and unready it could lead not only to siddhis developing  to early but cause great psycholigical and emotional harm due to the de personalizing effects of the higher lokas, even make one an alien to their own life. 

All things in their own good time.

Learn, sit, practice, then life at every moment your practice, whatever comes use it to be a better you. 

Be a better lord of your own self not others.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

They are not meant to be used to aggrandize ones participation on any Loka.

You are meant to use your increased perception and unfolding abilities to further your practice to further evolve.

All things in their own good time.

Learn, sit, practice, then life at every moment your practice, whatever comes use it to be a better you. 

Be a better lord of your own self not others.

My views do not deviate from your views regarding the above points.

My name is not Mike btw.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 9:17 PM, Pilgrim said:

When one sits and becomes still with a lineages guidance the siddhis come.

Why?

In my experience: once a higher gate/Loka is entered into, the changes achieved to self, can sometimes manifest as siddhis in the lower realms, these siddhis seem to be a byproduct of the persons spirit attainment, not any exceptional physical efforts.:)

Edited by mrpasserby
clearity

Hopefully the long process of gaining siddhis results in gaining spiritual maturity.. thus ones goals change along with it.  Without humility and respect for dharma (wisdom teachings) one can go out on dangerous tangents.. paranoia and egomania. 

<<I did say hopefully :)>>

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thelerner said:

Hopefully the long process of gaining siddhis results in gaining spiritual maturity.. thus ones goals change along with it.  Without humility and respect for dharma (wisdom teachings) one can go out on dangerous tangents.. paranoia and egomania. 

Unfortunately this is not the case.

Quit often the abilities develop to some degree without proper guidance or maturity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pilgrim said:

Unfortunately this is not the case.

Quit often the abilities develop to some degree without proper guidance or maturity.

Agreed. When siddhis appear, especially I think when they were developed in a past life and are not understandable in the context of this life, the mind can use any justification it likes in its effort to make sense of them. Proper guidance or maturity would see the nature of the siddhi in the big picture, and not mistake the siddhi for the end goal. 

• Thanks 2

On 2/15/2020 at 6:04 AM, Heartbreak said:

We live in a world where an infinite number of other-dimensional beings are hidden from our mundane eyes.

OK, reel it back!  You are in desperate need of grounding! When you start feeling anxiety, you are getting too far ahead of yourself. Seeing far ahead is not the problem.  Doing it without an anchor is.

Edited by moment
  • Like 4

There are gods goddesses aliens Buddhas bodhisattvas elves dwarves dragons demons devils etc. using all sorts of powers and technologies to masquerade as humans.

Where are the daoist immortals? Is Ralis gonna claim that other dimensional beings do not exist? How many temples exist which pray to non-human entities?

All those who claim I am suffering from paranoia and egomania are merely blind to the hidden spiritual reality hidden beneath the physical samsaric illusion.

Edited by Heartbreak

7 minutes ago, Heartbreak said:

There are gods goddesses aliens Buddhas bodhisattvas elves dwarves dragons demons devils etc. using all sorts of powers and technologies to masquerade as humans.

Where are the daoist immortals? Is Ralis gonna claim that other dimensional beings do not exist? How many temples exist which pray to non-human entities?

All those who claim I am suffering from paranoia and egomania are merely blind to the hidden spiritual reality hidden beneath the physical samsaric illusion.

As Namkhai Norbu told me back in 1989 is that these beings you refer to are your own nature and not external. Get used to it. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ralis said:

As Namkhai Norbu told me back in 1989 is that these beings you refer to are your own nature and not external. Get used to it. 

They are both internal and external in fact too many of them are beyond space and time.

The more you externalize these forces, the more power they will have over you and the more helpless you will become.

Edited by idiot_stimpy
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Heartbreak said:

Except at your level of understanding and cultivation, most external forces are projections more than they are the actual beings you claim to deal with now.

Most people who have actually met such beings can’t handle it as it is quite frightening and yet wonderful simultaneously for benevolent beings, while the malevolent beings often mask themselves as benign—such as the one that is in charge of Jeff and his cult.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Heartbreak said:

They are both internal and external in fact too many of them are beyond space and time.

How do you know you aren't beyond space and time? Why do you differentiate between internal and external?

Whether beings outside of you exist or whether they’re a figment of your imagination, resistance to them - real or not is like inviting Ants to the picnic. I would suggest you stop inviting ants to your picnic - your resistance attracts, holds, grabs all the figures that you mention whether real or imagined.

There is not one entity - real or imagined that can touch You - and on the mundane plane there is not one entity real or imagined that can touch you if you are above the planes of fear and extrapolation within it.

The fiercest of beings is but lint to any of the higher planes - and these “higher” planes are not some exalted out of reach planes reserved for the “perfected” - they are here and now in a flower - in a forest - in a head not filled with fear.

Allow your vibration to be unshackled and rise - drop the focus on the lower teachings of religion and superstition - whether real or imagined - unclench from this petty banter and the rituals of the lower realms.

I am not asking you to put your head in unicorns and rainbows - just pull it out of the bowels of fear.

I am reminded of the story of a great guru who was asked by his village to give them something to ward off evil spirits. Evil spirits that were hunting them and attacking them. So he taught them very carefully over quite a bit of time some very ““ secret” and powerful mantras. 

One of his close students asked why he gave the simple mantras for reaching higher consciousness - that they were not meant for warring off beings - and he replied “nothing is more effective - they have no power “there”.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Spotless said:

One of his close students asked why he gave the simple mantras for reaching higher consciousness - that they were not meant for warring off beings - and he replied “nothing is more effective - they have no power “there”.

Spotless, wonderful words, I can't tell you how much I have wanted to post something like this, but the words fail me. Transcendence!!! Right ON.:)

• Like 1

We are born with many siddhis - but they are overwritten time and again with petty worries and mind loops of fear as well as pecking order puffery and pursuits.  A great many are functioning in our daily lives but our loudness hides them in its noise.

We are acclimated to judgement and competition and subjugation with that which we perceive as outside of ourself. 

We dissipate in our crudeness and shutdown and wall off in our judgement - and the seeds of higher nature do not sprout.

We are mesmerized by our ever expanding positions and settle into our comfortable assumed limits and fortifications 

Sex, things, enthusiasm for life is no hindrance whatsoever to siddhis or Awakening - it is grasping upon our relationships to them - being proud - looking down with a frown - adopting our prowess or our failings in a me-ness that anchors us to premature deaths on a thousand unexamined planes.

Fear - and all the knobs we grab to hold us upright against a storm which in reality does not exist - this constant deepening cluster of resistances and buttress - this trance is what we become - it is the spell of comfort foods we have placated ourselves with.

Sex, things - Living and dancing - these do not contain badness - it is the grasping of them that perverts them.

The blame we concoct for our perverse bent grasping on others, victimhood and devils - entities whether real or imagined are not and have never been “the problem”. And our resistances are the super glues and magnetisms that hold them and attract them and everything that jams up and obscures our relationship with Self - Divine Essence.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

The purpose of my thread is this.

For many years I have been meditating and practicing very little. Not consistent and not disciplined at all in my approach to enlightenment and samadhi.

Lately, my inner voice is shouting at me why am I still chasing after materialism including money and sex. Why am I still trying to join the local meetup parties in my city? Why am I still chasing after women? 

Why am I not shaving off my head hair completely as a sign of renunciation to the material world without necessarily being a monk? 

Why not become a city monk?

You can become a monk anywhere without officially joining a temple.

So my bottom line is .. do you want siddhis or do you want materialism? How much time in the world do you have each day to focus on non-siddhis stuff like work and sex and socializing and networking and all that?

My inner guru is screaming at me that there is not much time and opportunities left in the world for me to chase after siddhis so that I can complete my soul evolution in order to attain enlightenment.

I am suppose to meditate for many hours a day.

Edited by Heartbreak

17 minutes ago, Heartbreak said:

The purpose of my thread is this.

For many years I have been meditating and practicing very little. Not consistent and not disciplined at all in my approach to enlightenment and samadhi.

Lately, my inner voice is shouting at me why am I still chasing after materialism including money and sex. Why am I still trying to join the local meetup parties in my city? Why am I still chasing after women? 

Why am I not shaving off my head hair completely as a sign of renunciation to the material world without necessarily being a monk? 

Why not become a city monk?

You can become a monk anywhere without officially joining a temple.

So my bottom line is .. do you want siddhis or do you want materialism? How much time in the world do you have each day to focus on non-siddhis stuff like work and sex and socializing and networking and all that?

My inner guru is screaming at me that there is not much time and opportunities left in the world for me to chase after siddhis so that I can complete my soul evolution in order to attain enlightenment.

I am suppose to meditate for many hours a day.

False dichotomy, jumping from one extreme to the other. 

Read Hermann Hesse's Siddartha and recall the observation he made: there is no difference between someone who hides in a temple in deep contemplation than there is a in drunkard hiding in front of his mug, as both are trying to escape rather than seek balance. 

Recall a Zen analogy mentioned before: there is as much enlightenment in a temple as there is a brothel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1