Heartbreak

What’s wrong with choosing Siddhis over materialism including sex?

Just now, ralis said:

As an addition, as long as one is in a material body then there is no escape from it. 

An abridged retelling of an old Zen story: a master was found inside a brothel enjoying sake, and one of the students asked what the hell he was doing there. 

The master said, "If you think enlightenment is found only in drinking tea and in the monastery, look closely: you'll find it in the brothels and in sake too, just like you will find those trying to escape their problems through the teachings and hiding in the monastery while drinking tea."

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Just now, ralis said:

As an addition, as long as one is in a material body then there is no escape from it. 

Well the Buddha escaped from it even though he died a material death.

May I also add that throughout the ages there are countless immortal masters who escaped material death through attaining a body of light and the like?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

An abridged retelling of an old Zen story: a master was found inside a brothel enjoying sake, and one of the students asked what the hell he was doing there. 

The master said, "If you think enlightenment is found only in drinking tea and in the monastery, look closely: you'll find it in the brothels and in sake too, just like you will find those trying to escape their problems through the teachings and hiding in the monastery while drinking tea."

I forgot about that one. It is a great lesson!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

I spent more than my fair share of life in brothels and bars.

Since I am not a Zen master I am unable to fend off the energetic attacks on me in such dark places.

2 minutes ago, Heartbreak said:

Well the Buddha escaped from it even though he died a material death.

May I also add that throughout the ages there are countless immortal masters who escaped material death through attaining a body of light and the like?

‘What are you doing here?

Just now, ralis said:

I forgot about that one. It is a great lesson!

The problem with people seeking siddhis and enlightenment I find is that in trying to be Divine, they forget to be Human. 

Being Divine is great. Being Human is how the Christ and the Buddha inspired others. Without this grounding, there was no way to relate to them, and this elevation makes it difficult to see their teachings as merely guidelines to achieve divinity accessible to all. 

• Like 2

There are higher dimensional races with the powers to manipulate time and space and energy.

I doubt if Ralis would ever be accepted as one of the higher dimensional races.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Since I am not a Zen master I am unable to fend off the energetic attacks on me in such dark places.

Don't invite them then. I can go into the Hustler store in Sunset boulevard in Los Angeles and have a nice quiet afternoon drinking a smoothie and reading a book amidst the smut and the giggling customers who come from the local colleges with the tourists. Every fifteen minutes, an announcement comes over the speakers: 

"Relax, everyone: it's just sex."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why do you imply this is a desirable thing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heartbreak said:

There are higher dimensional races with the powers to manipulate time and space and energy.

Contrary to popular belief, he would be accepted, as would you. Those higher beings see all of us as kids whom they are watching and waiting for the moment that we all evolve collectively as a species.

Those judgments about who is and who is not worthy of being accepted create artificial separation and false dichotomy that prevent us from ascending. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Heartbreak said:

Unevolved human beings will always be energetic food prey for demons devils and other dark forces.

Feel free to be fish food for dark forces if any of you wanna indulge in material desires.

Newbie speak!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Don't invite them then. I can go into the Hustler store in Sunset boulevard in Los Angeles and have a nice quiet afternoon drinking a smoothie and reading a book amidst the smut and the giggling customers who come from the local colleges with the tourists. Every fifteen minutes, an announcement comes over the speakers: 

"Relax, everyone: it's just sex."

Well I live in a first world material country where you have to earn a living in order to pay for sex date sex or any other types of sex.

No sex no need to work to impress women.

No time lost.

Edited by Heartbreak
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Well I live in a first world material country where you have to earn a living in order to pay for sex date sex or any other types of sex.

No sex no need to work to impress women.

You would do well to realize that I am also an American, but currently live abroad and have cultural exposure to multiple contexts to see that it is not as black and white as you are making this to be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Heartbreak said:

Brothels are not well lit especially if you have your eyes closed during the act which you must be referring to. The only darkness is between your ears which are full of concepts which the Buddha warned about illusory concepts. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, idiot_stimpy said:

Maybe he doesn't want to be a higher dimensional race

Then wtf is anyone doing in this forum if they do not want to Ascend to become a higher dimensional race or even a God or Goddess?

If you are a Celestial God or Goddess living as part of a higher dimensional race you can have sex for infinity without any sacrifices

You can even have space time sex.

Edited by Heartbreak

10 minutes ago, Heartbreak said:

Geez! Ralis is far more educated on this particular subject than you are!  To pass such judgement without doing research (history and forum searches here on TDB) reveals exactly why we must be cautious in giving out information to you.  Start looking around and learn.  Again, consider that as a primary need in your spiritual practice, now.

Edited by moment
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

You would do well to realize that I am also an American, but currently live abroad and have cultural exposure to multiple contexts to see that it is not as black and white as you are making this to be. 

I am a poor guy and I am an ugly guy.

I need to work to make money to impress women all of whom look like shit without makeup.

What the fcuk for?

Then wtf is anyone doing in this forum if they do not want to Ascend to become a higher dimensional race or even a God or Goddess?

If you are a Celestial God or Goddess living as part of a higher dimensional race you can have sex for infinity without any sacrifices

If you know anything regarding Buddhism the gods/goddesses fall back down to do it all over again. Their time/karma expired!

...you can have sex for infinity without any sacrifices

So you don't want material sex, just seek sex in the formless realms?

This is what you call spiritual materialism. Still a ploy of the ego to find something more or better.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, moment said:

Geez! Ralis is far more educated on this particular subject than you are!  To pass such judgement without doing research (history and forum searches here on TDB) reveals exactly why we must be cautious in giving out information to you.  Start looking around and learn.  Again, consider that as a primary need in your spiritual practice, now.

Sounds more like dark dimensional races to me.

Can’t be bothered with Ralis and his bs.

Just now, ralis said:

If you know anything regarding Buddhism the gods/goddesses fall back down to do it all over again. Their time/karma expired!

I am talking about Enlightened Gods and Goddesses on par with Buddha.

You think Shiva himself need to reincarnate again?

I need to work to make money to impress women all of whom look like shit without makeup.

What the fcuk for?

I sense pain and confusion here.  Alright, many here have worked through that.

• Like 4

What the fcuk for?

It was a matter of time before you finally admitted why you are here. Impressing women is a waste of time. Why not be your own person and stop trying to impress. Life will be a whole lot less stressful. 

• Like 1