Heartbreak

What’s wrong with choosing Siddhis over materialism including sex?

Recommended Posts

What’s wrong with choosing Siddhis over materialism including sex?

 

Given a choice between being a Siddha like Osho or being a tall hunky TOP 100 actor like Liam Neeson, wouldn’t you choose being a Siddha anytime?

 

Why would anyone want to have sexual relationships with unevolved beings anyway no matter how beautiful their made up faces are?

Edited by Heartbreak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Heartbreak said:

What’s wrong with choosing Siddhis over materialism including sex?

 

Given a choice between being a Siddha like Osho or being a tall hunky TOP 100 actor like Liam Neeson, wouldn’t you choose being a Siddha anytime?

 

Why would anyone want to have sexual relationships with unevolved beings anyway no matter how beautiful their made up faces are?

 

:huh:

 

Why would you site Osho as a counterpoint?

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Heartbreak said:

What’s wrong with choosing Siddhis over materialism including sex?

 

Given a choice between being a Siddha like Osho or being a tall hunky TOP 100 actor like Liam Neeson, wouldn’t you choose being a Siddha anytime?

 

Why would anyone want to have sexual relationships with unevolved beings anyway no matter how beautiful their made up faces are?


Osho was not what you think! He was a fraud! You are highly evolved and the rest of us aren’t?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Osho was about as materialistic as any 'guru figure' ever. Have you even read about his lifestyle ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, adept said:

Osho was about as materialistic as any 'guru figure' ever. Have you even read about his lifestyle ?

 

A very good friend of ours gave away her entire inheritance to him. She wasn't the only one! What was it 22 Rolls?

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well there are plenty of masters besides Osho. He is just one example. I apologise if you all think Osho is a bad example of a Siddha.

 

All I am saying is every human being in this world is born with unawakened siddhi powers and they waste their life away without doing anything to awaken their powers all the while wasting their time and energy away on materialistic stuff.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Heartbreak said:

Well there are plenty of masters besides Osho. He is just one example. I apologise if you all think Osho is a bad example of a Siddha.

 

All I am saying is every human being in this world is born with unawakened siddhi powers and they waste their life away without doing anything to awaken their powers all the while wasting their time and energy away on materialistic stuff.


Since you are so judgmental then what are your accomplishments?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ralis said:


Since you are so judgmental then what are your accomplishments?


No accomplishments yet just a most sincere wish to cut off every material desire in my thoughts in order to attain enlightenment and samadhi in this life time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a slight aside.  But, since the door was opened and also since it happened in my area and time:

 

The 1984 Rajneeshee bioterror attack was the food poisoning of 751 individuals in The Dalles, Oregon, through the deliberate contamination of salad bars at ten local restaurants with Salmonella. A group of prominent followers of Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (later known as Osho) led by Ma Anand Sheela had hoped to incapacitate the voting population of the city so that their own candidates would win the 1984 Wasco County elections.The incident was the single largest bioterrorist attack in United States history.

 

I have been hearing off and on about the great Osho, etc. So,--- He was a truly evil SOB That was so good at mind control that he could get many people ( such as Ma Anand to fall on their swords for him), because of that the Feds here, could not put him in a dark hole, forever like he deserved. Instead, my government deported him and banned his return for life. He is a perfect example of being turned by the forces that he tried to control.  Truly a lesson here about the irresponsible use of powers..

Edited by moment
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Heartbreak said:

As I said there are many masters with siddhis why only talk about Osho?

 

Because you brought him up and apparently you did not do your homework on the subject.

 

Edited by moment
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason why I started this topic is because I finished reading a series of topics about how humanity’s spiritual prowess is dumbed down all because of the need to acquire material stuff.

 

Every second wasted on material stuff is a second lost not invested in meditation..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Heartbreak said:

As I said there are many masters with siddhis why only talk about Osho?


You brought it up! Also if you are so concerned about materialism, why are you hanging out online in front of a computer screen? Shouldn’t you be out in the middle of nowhere in deep samadhi? Or, are you lonely and in need of online companionship?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, moment said:

 

Because you brought him up and apparently you did not do you homework on the subject.

 


so talk about other masters then .. Osho isn’t the only fish in the ocean

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, moment said:

As a slight aside.  But, since the door was opened and also since it happened in my area and time:

 

The 1984 Rajneeshee bioterror attack was the food poisoning of 751 individuals in The Dalles, Oregon, through the deliberate contamination of salad bars at ten local restaurants with Salmonella. A group of prominent followers of Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (later known as Osho) led by Ma Anand Sheela had hoped to incapacitate the voting population of the city so that their own candidates would win the 1984 Wasco County elections.The incident was the single largest bioterrorist attack in United States history.

 

I have been hearing off and on about the great Osho, etc. So,--- He was a truly evil SOB That was so good at mind control that he could get many people ( such as Ma Anand to fall on their swords for him), because of that the Feds here, could not put him in a dark hole, forever like he deserved. Instead, my government deported him and banned his return for life. He is a perfect example of being turned by the forces that he tried to control.  Truly a lesson here about the irresponsible use of powers..


Thanks for reminding me of that!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ralis said:


You brought it up! Also if you are so concerned about materialism, why are you hanging out online in front of a computer screen? Shouldn’t you be out in the middle of nowhere in deep samadhi? Or, are you lonely and in need of online companionship?


Voicing out my thoughts can be considered part of my spiritual practice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Heartbreak said:


so talk about other masters then .. Osho isn’t the only fish in the ocean


‘Stop referring to him as some enlightened master! He wasn’t!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Heartbreak said:


Voicing out my thoughts can be considered part of my spiritual practice.


‘What is your practice? Catharsis?

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is nothing wrong with choosing siddhis over materialism including sex, but there is also nothing wrong with choosing materialism including sex over siddhis.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Heartbreak said:


so talk about other masters then .. Osho isn’t the only fish in the ocean

 

Absolutely not!  There are some good, knowledgeable people on this site for this particular subject.  But, you need to figure out who they are.  Now, that is part of your spiritual practice.

Edited by moment
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before I got into any Taoist practice and formal lineage training, my dad used to give me Osho books in the early 2000s, telling me I needed to have a better spiritual understanding. I devoured his books like crazy and shared them with my friends.

 

Later on, reading about his history, it was hard to reconcile that he was the same person who was behind those biological attacks. 

 

Having the foundation I do now, re-reading his books, it is easy to see why two of my teachers can't stand him, why another friend refuses to stock his books in his store, and with my retrospective lens, I see 90% of what he writes as unoriginal, and the other 10% marketing language, all packaged as platitudes for people too lazy to really dissect his arguments or lack thereof. 

 

As for choosing siddhis over materialism, I'd argue that materialism is in of itself not bad, it's the attachment and obsession with abstract material value and branding, again, which comes from advertising culture. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unevolved human beings will always be energetic food prey for demons devils and other dark forces.

 

Feel free to be fish food for dark forces if any of you wanna indulge in material desires.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Earl Grey said:

Before I got into any Taoist practice and formal lineage training, my dad used to give me Osho books in the early 2000s, telling me I needed to have a better spiritual understanding. I devoured his books like crazy and shared them with my friends.

 

Later on, reading about his history, it was hard to reconcile that he was the same person who was behind those biological attacks. 

 

Having the foundation I do now, re-reading his books, it is easy to see why two of my teachers can't stand him, why another friend refuses to stock his books in his store, and with my retrospective lens, I see 90% of what he writes as unoriginal, and the other 10% marketing language, all packaged as platitudes for people too lazy to really dissect his arguments or lack thereof. 

 

As for choosing siddhis over materialism, I'd argue that materialism is in of itself not bad, it's the attachment and obsession with abstract material value and branding, again, which comes from advertising culture. 


As an addition, as long as one is in a material body then there is no escape from it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Heartbreak said:

Unevolved human beings will always be energetic food prey for demons devils and other dark forces.

 

Feel free to be fish food for dark forces if any of you wanna indulge in material desires.

 

Those demons and devils are your own, and live inside of you. You created them in the first place.

 

Be kind to your children.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Heartbreak said:

Unevolved human beings will always be energetic food prey for demons devils and other dark forces.

 

Feel free to be fish food for dark forces if any of you wanna indulge in material desires.


Judgmental aren’t you! Isn’t it past your bedtime? Didn’t mommy tuck you in yet?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites