Sign in to follow this  
silent thunder

Pale Blue Dot

Such an awakened scientist.

One of my workmates for a couple years, working in feature films was a close friend of Carl Sagan's.

I endlessly prodded him and hung on his every word of the private aspects of this man who influenced my young mind so much!

One of the greatest speeches about our human mypica... our obsessive leaning toward self importance of a priveleged position in the universe.

Our entire biosphere... but a speck in the inky sea of lights.

So vastly impacting to me, and yet, so utterly inconsequential in the grand scheme...

how exquisitely lovely the paradox!

• Like 1

Just like individual humans .

Considering the 'miracle of earth'   (and i do consider it a 'miracle' )   ; I have often heard the details .... the fragile boundary on which we live , the cosmic cataclysms  we avoided or had . The massive changes in the 'bio-sphere '. Mass extinctions and re populations.

How one issue leads to another  ... how we 'just happen to be' the right distance from the sun,  the right  amount of gasses, enough oxygen .... all incredibly 'arranged' so life could evolve  here .

OR

This type of life evolved here because of  those  circumstances .  - for all I know, there might be gas giant planet somewhere under the influence of a highly radioactive binary Sun system .... with electromagnetic beings there postulating on their own miracles of existence  and how none of their life might have evolved without the nourishing radio activity and the arsenic in the atmosphere  .

They might even think they are special and unique , and their 'God' designed things that way , just for them .

But really, I am a 'home-body' .  When I travel, I often lament about how far away home is  and have   worries about 'what if I cant get back there ' ? 

As much as I appreciate the beauty of the blue dot , and the amazing effect it must have on one being 'out there' looking back at home ...... urrrgh ! 

Imagine the feeling coming back though, and having your feet on earth again ! 

Photo%252520Jul%25252029%25252C%2525202012%2525202%25253A00%252520PM.jpg

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this