Lord Josh Allen

Weather Magick

4 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Actually, no.  Starjumper went to post a picture of a shaman and...somehow threw up a picture from my private internet files.  How does that even happen?  Perhaps there´s something to what Manitou keeps telling us -- we´re all one.

So, its not a picture of you  ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, steve said:

Yeah but if we’re all one why don’t my abs look like that?

:huh:

Obvious .

becasue you are not one of Starjumper's  ' Real Men' .

You must be one of them fake weak men ?

Man up !    -  Get rid of your shirt, go get a cowboy hat and a few hundred $ worth of  ;

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNIhmcQ7ouKpkSBAiVq

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQiXZfi6Nbll1LsMote

31Y5g+M1JEL._SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

makes skin look like velvet perfection.

Highlights, creates a subtle glow, enhances natural skin tone,

• Haha 1

More  of Starjumpers  'Real Men'  :

367426.jpg         muscle-worship.jpg      Pumping-Dangerous-Fad-in-Gay-Mens-Community-Peter-Dovak-lede.jpg?resize=1800,1200&w=1800         albron_bed-768x911.jpg

Ooops ... that 3rd one is out , he forgot to shave  .... his body .

• Haha 1

When Lord Josh Allen first introduced himself and started this thread, do ya think he had any idea what strange turns it would take?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

When Lord Josh Allen first introduced himself and started this thread, do ya think he had any idea what strange turns it would take?

Depends on whether he lurked here for a while first...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, steve said:

That beard just looks so in love with itself!

🤣

A selfie for his own selfie album so he can look at himself later  :)  .

310px-John_William_Waterhouse_Echo_And_N

" Hi there handsome ...........     I said  -  HI THERE  HANDSOME  !   .....    OI  !   "

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

I am sure he is used to his presence   having  'strange turns' around it .

Anyway, if I might get back on topic -  my ''low level , fat arse'  shamanic opinion on weather magic  ( and considering my  experience - as opposed to '  just sayin ' - is 'regional'  ), and its original primeval form  is that it  was mostly about weather predicting . 

In a society that is highly mobile,  'vulnerable'  to the elements,  has no substantial housing, no means of distant evacuation, or dependent on  canoe travel , knowing what the weather is going to do is an invaluable art .

And of course ,  predicting the weather is very close to 'making' weather , to those who do not understand the prediction process.

A while back, an indigenous  elder was  telling me things  ( he probably should not have , as another one interrupted and shut him up )  that where interesting .   The first part of what he said seemed to imply 'control'  or some type of 'manipulation'  .

The context of the conversation  was about how some indigenous where angry about a  group walk , long distance, some people where on  and a 'spiritual white guy' had been planting 'charged crystals'  along the way at 'special spots' .

The elder became enraged and went off on a tirade of abuse including  how it will interfere with things and people should leave crystals where they are   and   broken rant  , like  "  ... and I have to go into this big cave  with all these holes in the wall and each one, its got these big crystal rods and I gotta look at them and  put them back in the right holes   ... "  ( thats the bit where another told him to  be quiet ) .

Then the process seems to imply prediction ;   he went on  , generally , not about the details  "  .... so if someone mucks it up , how am I going to know if a big storm is coming, or  a giant wave , how will I tell my people  before it happens so they can be safe ?"

It was explained  to him that these people where not digging up the crystals from here , they where from elsewhere ,   bought in a shop and they probably came from South America .   Then of course , he wanted to know why the hell people where bringing crystals from South America to bury  in his land .    They agreed together that this should first be explained to them by the person that wanted to do it and why ... and THEN  he should ask permission of them to see if he should do it  or not .  I agreed with them on that too and told them i would tell people not to do it .

So,

Hey you lot , dont go planting crystals in Australia , talk to Indigenous about it first !

Another version was  from an elder woman I saw interviewed on film , she was explaining how she knew, from traditional teachings, about weather cycles . She was having a hard time explaining the concepts in  English, but from what I could get she was explaining  levels of cycles  within  cycles that sometimes line up and some times dont , over short, medium, long and very long times .  I got the concept of 'ring gears ', like this ;

HTB1_L32aER1BeNjy0Fmq6z0wVXau.jpg

But  many of these cycles inside each other, 'geared' inside and out . 

or like the Mayan Calender works

long-count-maya-calendar.gif

So, like we say now ;  we have large '20 year floods' ( 1 in 20 ) , larger '50 year floods' and much larger 200 year floods ( Euro records here dont go back further ) .   The same with other weather events . It depends what parts of what cycles have lined up for any date or time period .

The woman interviewed said she knew of about 5 of these levels, but a lot of knowledge has been lost, in the teachings there are talk of many more levels that people used to know about, spanning vast distances of time .    - Considering her ancestors have been here, and their descendants still are , over many tens of thousands of years ; through ice age , drought ,huge fire events, volcanoes, tidal waves and ocean rising - massive climate change  ..... they had some powerful  ' weather magic '   happening here  .

Spoiler

In case people dont realise about ancient Australian tidal waves ;

'Gigantic Wave '  -     https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-32701311

'Ancient Tsunamis' -  https://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2014/05/01/3990761.htm

Sydney Harbour - 1960 ... from Chile !  ;

10376812-16x9-940x529.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Nungali said:

... you are telling lies about what you said ...

I see , so you understand yourself to be a 'real man' .    

And those that dont pump at the gym and   dont have   puffy muscles  and  dont get make up for photos  are NOT  the  'real'   men  ? 

They some kind of fake or inferior men , yeah ? 

Keep going with the posting here  ... you are embarrassing yourself even more than I could ! 

Yes, in fact I am a real man, and no, you are trying to embarrass me in the minds of others (but mainly in your own mind) with twisted words and a sick imagination, very infantile, and it isn't working.  I guess you smoke WAAAY too much pot.

Don't be jealous, Moron Breath, you turned yourself into a fake and inferior disgusting sack of shit all by yourself, AND you are a cheap imitation of a lowest level shaman.  Speaking of fake and inferior, look in the mirror, Numb Nuts.

The only exercise I do is my chi kung, you can read all about it in my book "A Lineage of Dragons" available on Amazon, and you can buy one of my chi kung videos "Tien Shan Chi Kung", available on Vimeo, to try to improve yourself, YAHAhahaha.

it's a real shame you can't come here and call me a liar to my face, because obviously you are a coward.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/7/2020 at 3:18 AM, Starjumper said:

It's ok. Numb Nuts is so pig headed and/or stoned that he seems to always miss the point and is completely immune to my explanations.  This all came about because I said that wizards are a type of shaman that I am familiar with, and they don't wear costumes but like to blend in.  So in the West they can sometimes be seen wearing faded blue jeans and cowboy hats.

Not quite what you actually wrote:

On 3/4/2020 at 10:40 AM, Starjumper said:

Any spiritual path that requires costumes is a joke.  Those costumes are for mid and low level shamans, for ones who need the help of spirits and for public displays.  The high level shamans don't need no steenking ceremonies, and they can often be seen in faded blue jeans and cowboy hats.

The part about knowing wizards came in subsequent post (which I suppose falls under the "completely immune to [your] explaintions" spin..

On 3/4/2020 at 11:29 AM, Starjumper said:

You said costumes are required for dedication to a spiritual path.  That is incorrect.  Costumes are worn in religions, and religions are, like I said, a joke compared to real spiritual paths.

My source is Lao Tzu:  "The sage wears his jewel behind rough clothing"  My sources also originate from knowing a couple of top level powerful Taoist wizards, they wouldn't be caught dead in some costume..  

I can't speak to the disgusting habits of new age fairies and losers.  If you think you can learn the real thing from books, go ahead.

Does this actually matter? Only if one cares you are attempting to paint another member here as a liar, instead of simply taking responsibility for what you actually wrote.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Not quite what you actually wrote:

The part about knowing wizards came in subsequent post (which I suppose falls under the "completely immune to [your] explaintions" spin..

Does this actually matter? Only if one cares you are attempting to paint another member here as a liar, instead of simply taking responsibility for what you actually wrote.

18 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Yes, in fact I am a real man, and no, you are trying to embarrass me in the minds of others (but mainly in your own mind) with twisted words and a sick imagination, very infantile, and it isn't working.  I guess you smoke WAAAY too much pot.

As I said , YOU yourself a doing a better job at embarrassing Starjumper in the minds of others  than I ever could !  And other readers are noticing that .  I mean , just look at this post and the claims you are making in it alone .  yet all can see, from what you wrote before that here , again ,  YOU are the one being delusional .

I dont see what pot has to do with it .   people much worse or more untogether than me dont smoke pot all .   Also, I smoke more than most people around me, and they have not got their shit together  anywhere near I have  , on multiple levels .

Maybe if you smoked some you would chill out more and become less aggressive and concerned about everyone else's way  ?

Then again, maybe not  ... apparently it can magnify  some peoples psychotic problems . . . . . if they already have them .

Don't be jealous, Moron Breath, you turned yourself into a fake and inferior disgusting sack of shit all by yourself, AND you are a cheap imitation of a lowest level shaman.  Speaking of fake and inferior, look in the mirror, Numb Nuts.

That phrase is usually reserved for people that claim OTHERS are the way they actually  are  and they should look in a mirror to see it in themselves .  Except here   YOU  where the one that started   calling  Shamans, from traditions  across  cultures, times and locations all fakes and started some 'low , medium high'  classification system of shamans , depending on whether they  wore a costume or appeared as a gayboy cowboy model .

So your ;  "  speaking of fake shamans  "    .... YOU where the one speaking about !     ... but now I should go look in the mirror .

And that Starjumper classic is followed by you calling  ME   numb nuts  ?     :D 

- MORE  self embarrassment !

The only exercise I do is my chi kung, you can read all about it in my book "A Lineage of Dragons" available on Amazon, and you can buy one of my chi kung videos "Tien Shan Chi Kung", available on Vimeo, to try to improve yourself, YAHAhahaha.

Ya know , writing insane stuff like the above and doing your psychotic laugh thing  , right alongside and advert for people to buy your 'Tien Shan Chi Kung' *   home made video ..... might NOT be a good marketing ploy .

:D

it's a real shame you can't come here and call me a liar to my face, because obviously you are a coward.

I dont need to go there and call you a liar to your face , that is not my intention .  What would be the point of that ?  You would continue to argue while I continued to affirm .   I would rather do it here, where others , can give you 'objective feedback' -  TBs style  :) .

My intention was to draw you out from ignoring me, via silly taunting , so you would make your own posts , that I knew would embarrass you far greater than anything I could write here .

And it worked . 

giphy.gif

Here is some more Starjumper  ' wisdom  '  ;

"  If you think you can learn the real thing from books, go ahead.  "  ... and all his comments  against fakes and 'losers' who try to learn from books .

Well  ........ ahem  !  

a-lineage-of-dragons.jpg

:rolleyes:

Edited by Nungali

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

"  If you think you can learn the real thing from books, go ahead.  "  ... and all his comments  against fakes and 'losers' who try to learn from books .

The book explains about it, it doesn't teach it, and it explains why the real thing can't be learned in books, I guess you missed the word 'about' in the post you quoted.  You miss most of the details in everythingI write.

You can't learn nei kung from books or videos but you can learn some chi kung from videos,  I guess you missed that the last hundred times I wrote it.

I mentioned the book only in hopes it would annoy you, you idiot.

Edited by Starjumper

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

My intention was to draw you out from ignoring me, via silly taunting , so you would make your own posts , that I knew would embarrass you far greater than anything I could write here .

And it worked . 

giphy.gif

While you're doing this, this reminds me of a lesson from a friend when I was in university whom I wanted help with dealing with some jerks. He told me to chill out and relax because upon looking at them and how much they were pissing me off for being assholes, he said that many people do more damage to themselves than I ever will. 

This was reinforced later on with a friend who told me the old maxim, "Never argue with idiots: they will beat you with experience."

The I-Ching then reinforces this in many of my readings: sit down and wait--let the Tao handle things naturally. Acting only delays resolution and changes the natural resolution by the energy I add to it. 

Gurdjieff apparently only needed 24 hours--he apocryphally told people if they said anything to them that he would only respond after 24 hours, allowing insight and reflection between the two before a response was made. 

• Thanks 1

I have noticed a trend in my emotional response to folks who've sparked my anger and before action can even arise, the anger simply vanishes.  

For some time i wondered if this was linked to the growing apathy i have experienced for all the former pleasures and pursuits that could draw my interest and pull me into joyful loss of time. 

Or if it was some growing passivity due to age and/or wisdom of the heart.

perhaps it's both, or neither. 

Regardless, the realization upon looking back at potential altercations is that there is no need for me to interfere, or respond, or seek retribution, they do not merit the attention; and as for retribution, why bother?   I do not see what i could do that would be harsher or more appropriate a punishment than what they inflict on themselves, every day by being who they are... 

nothing i do is going to be more fitting punishment, than for them to wake up tomorrow and continue being who they are...

i leave them to it.

My idea of revenge is to live a full, rich life nurturing what i love, instead of feeding what i despise.

Life is short, someone can use my energy for healing, or simply sharing a good meal and a deep conversation, or a simple sunset.

Live life... let the puddle seekers stomp about and feel strong... it matters not a whit.

5e65cdee155db_idontcarewhatyouthinkaboutme.jpeg.b330cf3e5621136cc64128effac20031.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

I have noticed a trend in my emotional response to folks who've sparked my anger and before action can even arise, the anger simply vanishes.  

For some time i wondered if this was linked to the growing apathy i have experienced for all the former pleasures and pursuits that could draw my interest and pull me into joyful loss of time. 

Or if it was some growing passivity due to age and/or wisdom of the heart.

perhaps it's both, or neither. 

Regardless, the realization upon looking back at potential altercations is that there is no need for me to interfere, or respond, or seek retribution, they do not merit the attention; and as for retribution, why bother?   I do not see what i could do that would be harsher or more appropriate a punishment than what they inflict on themselves, every day by being who they are... 

nothing i do is going to be more fitting punishment, than for them to wake up tomorrow and continue being who they are...

i leave them to it.

My idea of revenge is to live a full, rich life nurturing what i love, instead of feeding what i despise.

Life is short, someone can use my energy for healing, or simply sharing a good meal and a deep conversation, or a simple sunset.

Live life... let the puddle seekers stomp about and feel strong... it matters not a whit.

5e65cdee155db_idontcarewhatyouthinkaboutme.jpeg.b330cf3e5621136cc64128effac20031.jpeg

Everything you wrote and the quote of Jack Nicholson here reminds me of this clip with The Fonz:

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 4

This thread is typical of a Dao Bum thread. Someone can bring up a serious, perhaps contentious subject, everyone thinks they are experts (but they are not). The consensus start to pick on one person or other and it all goes downhill pretty quickly with name calling and insults, digs, etc. etc. Such a waste of time. Personally I have left the Dao Bums many times due to the quality of the posts that are written on here. There is no moderation; we have gone from a dictatorship to a free for all. Personally I get very discourage posting anything on here at all.:(

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, manitou said:

I think it just takes a little longer to find the jewels.  It seems to ebb and flow.

Your post reminded me of a post that I made about weather magic. 98% building energy, 1% focus, 1% execution:

Spoiler

Then comes the Joy!         !unless it backfires!: 5e66adbe0efa4_vvvv-Copy.jpg.34099bd77c98b4ce0c37bc35bbbf0f01.jpg

Edited by mrpasserby
clearity
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

While you're doing this, this reminds me of a lesson from a friend when I was in university whom I wanted help with dealing with some jerks. He told me to chill out and relax because upon looking at them and how much they were pissing me off for being assholes, he said that many people do more damage to themselves than I ever will. 

Especially when 'they' write ignorant  stuff about Shamanism like that which was written here .

This was reinforced later on with a friend who told me the old maxim, "Never argue with idiots: they will beat you with experience."

That was in the days before one could easily put up references and historical pictures right next to what one was saying .  You might not win the argument , in the others head , but   anyone else can clearly see the evidence put up by one side and the silly attempts  put up by the other .    Eg ,   numerous historical pictures of shaman put up   Vs   one cowboy gaymodel .  . . .  then a sting of angry abuse   .    :D 

The I-Ching then reinforces this in many of my readings: sit down and wait--let the Tao handle things naturally. Acting only delays resolution and changes the natural resolution by the energy I add to it. 

I disagree that acting always delays resolution .   Eg  Did not your actions in resolving things with Gendao  speed up resolution ?  Where would you be now with that if you had not acted ?  

Gurdjieff apparently only needed 24 hours--he apocryphally told people if they said anything to them that he would only respond after 24 hours, allowing insight and reflection between the two before a response was made. 

"Would you like a cup of tea Gurdjief ? "

.....   "   Errrmmmmm    ....... ummmmmmm   .....  well   ........       "

500_F_198478337_2aZRPoo6xePlLJWwJIifyrhO

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nungali said:

I disagree that acting always delays resolution .   Eg  Did not your actions in resolving things with Gendao  speed up resolution ?  Where would you be now with that if you had not acted ?  

Touché, old friend. I suppose I should have reviewed what I wrote because the I-Ching also stresses the virtue of humility, not necessarily inaction, which I wrote and now realize. Humility includes reconcilliatory measures, which I took with Gendao too and sped up resolution. Not acting and having no virtue of humility as you imply would have definitely lengthened conflict and resentment--and to the credit of @gendao, he himself approached me first and welcomed me back privately, thus opening the door to me apologizing there first, and then publicly after. So he deserves as much praise for this effort too. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

......    < 24 hrs later >  ......

Gurdjief ;     "  Yes ...    Yes I will have that cup of tea. " 

" Okay then .  Milk ?  "

"  Ummmmmmmmm ...... " 

• Haha 1