Lord Josh Allen

Weather Magick

1 hour ago, Lord Josh Allen said:

I hear you. If you are looking for some escapism and entertainment, I make green screen productions with special effects and lots of editing. It makes a nice change from the heavy subjects. 

Are you here as an entertainer or interested in being serious? As of now, I don't take you or your claim of being a Daoist weather maker seriously!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Opportunities for this style of learning have been increasing for me of late.  Is the weather changing?

Definitely! 

The clouds are dissipating and when that happens the sun can’t help but shine.

• Like 3

:) About "Weather magick" -- Yes I know of one teacher in my lineage who encouraged his students to practice affecting weather. Unfortunately he is no more in this world -- but from what I've heard, he was legit. 

• Like 2

Jung was pretty out of the loop.  Here's a few books randomly off my shelf that I would recommend on the subject:

0-4.thumb.jpg.c3cb943cfe30f1f7367a75ba6c75a569.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

Jung was pretty out of the loop.  Here's a few books randomly off my shelf that I would recommend on the subject:

0-4.thumb.jpg.c3cb943cfe30f1f7367a75ba6c75a569.jpg

I posted it given from what I know Jung was correct on that. It was not meant as a summation or even a brief overview of shamanism, but one little point to the OP of this thread. A warning not to play with fire as the OP seems to have a penchant for.

Thanks for the reading list! I would also include Mircea Eliade's seminal work on Shamanism.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ralis said:

I posted it given from what I know Jung was correct on that. It was not meant as a summation or even a brief overview of shamanism, but one little point to the OP of this thread. A warning not to play with fire as the OP seems to have a penchant for.

Thanks for the reading list! I would also include Mircea Eliade's seminal work on Shamanism.

Thank you.  I read Mircea Eliade of course, and Joseph Campbell, and some (not enough) of Joseph Needham, and scores (probably over a hundred in each language I know well enough) of other books great and small that touch on shamanism or are directly concerned with it, it's just that I didn't collect them all, since many were borrowings and also because I practice minimalism and donate books as soon as my storage capacity starts overflowing. 

Yes, it's true that one is better off not dabbling in shamanic practices without a modicum of caution (to put it mildly) -- one thing I noticed though was that the OP's initial post referenced Jerry Alan Johnson who is no dabbler by any stretch of imagination, and another thing is... about Jung -- methinks he drags his "collective unconscious" which is a familiar stomping ground for him into matters that he hasn't the foggiest about.  In other words, he is being a dabbler and ought to have been a lot more cautious. :)   

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Starjumper said:

I like that attitude, and can identify with it.  I sincerely believe that you can't become a Taoist wizard by reading a book, and I've known a couple of them.  Also, my 'family' generally take the Ninja attitude of not standing out or wearing costumes, but staying in the shadows.  In fact I know that a lot of people who wear tai chi costumes are amateurs.  I, and many others, naturaly assume that showing off in fancy costumes is because a person is trying to make up for something  :D    

I agree 100 percent that you can't become an expert on anything just by reading a book. 

20 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

Thank you.  I read Mircea Eliade of course, and Joseph Campbell, and some (not enough) of Joseph Needham, and scores (probably over a hundred in each language I know well enough) of other books great and small that touch on shamanism or are directly concerned with it, it's just that I didn't collect them all, since many were borrowings and also because I practice minimalism and donate books as soon as my storage capacity starts overflowing. 

Yes, it's true that one is better off not dabbling in shamanic practices without a modicum of caution (to put it mildly) -- one thing I noticed though was that the OP's initial post referenced Jerry Alan Johnson who is no dabbler by any stretch of imagination, and another thing is... about Jung -- methinks he drags his "collective unconscious" which is a familiar stomping ground for him into matters that he hasn't the foggiest about.  In other words, he is being a dabbler and ought to have been a lot more cautious. :)   

Thanks for your thoughtful response!

I owned all of Jung’s writings at one time and read most of what is far too voluminous for many lifetimes. I too grew weary about his extensive lecturing on the collective unconscious. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lord Josh Allen said:

I agree 100 percent that you can't become an expert on anything just by reading a book. 

OK, good.  if I recall correctly you said you got your information from books.  I also know that Jerry Johnson is very knowledgeable about Taoist magic, and I guess someone who is smart can learn a lot from them.  Did you happen to have an in person teacher? 

I myself learned a kind of magic that is never found in books and is a spontaneous result of doing a proper nei kung practice, which can only be learned in person.  I don't even know most of them silly words that these bookophiles toss around here, nor do I need to.  I like plain English.

Anyway, if you enjoy slinging crap from time to time, you came to the right place.  Most of the crap slingers here don't enjoy it, much to their dismay.  Self honesty is difficult to come by these days.

My chi kung teacher told me some bits about controlling the weather, and I had an Indian buddy who claimed to do it.  Both were focussed more on calling the sun into cloudy Seattle.  I tried it a couple of times and lost interest.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

I'm a massive fan of The Three Kingdoms, I make a lot of videos on the mythology and history. Is anyone here familiar with the story from the novel Romance of The Three Kingdoms, chapter 49 to be exact? An example of Taoist sorcery used to change the weather, known quite famously as "Kongming Borrows The Southeastern Winds At The Red Cliffs" The story goes that during the years of 208-209 the two kingdoms of Wu and Shu-Han had joined forces to form a coalition army against the massive naval fleet of Cao Wei, led by Cao Cao. The allied forces were massively outnumbered and in order to obtain victory, strategies, schemes and cunning plans had to be made. In the novel it states that Zhou Yu (Gongjin) and Zhuge Liang (Kongming) both came up with the same plan, to launch a fire attack on Wei's fleet of ships. The preparations for this attack were carried out but Zhou Yu had forgotten to consider the direction of the wind which during Winter was blowing from the Northwest where it should be blowing from the Southeast. 

If the allies had attempted to launch this attack, the flames would destroy their own ships. Zhou Yu realizes his plan is in jeopardy and he falls ill with worry. Kongming goes to visit him and offers him an incredible solution, he tells Zhou Yu that he has the ability to influence the winds and the rains by using Taoist weather magick. Kongming asks for a special outdoor altar to be constructed, known as "The Altar of The Seven Stars" which must be built in accordance with the rites. It must be nine spans high, with three steps, guarded by 120 specially selected men. On the altar were several flags, in the South were seven red flags to represent The Red Vermillion Bird. In the North, seven black flags to represent The Dark Warrior (Black Tortoise) In the West, seven white flags to represent The White Tiger and finally in the East, seven blue/green flags to represent The Dragon. There is a lot more to this, if you want to know more about the altar I recommend you watch my documentary on the subject. 

In short, Kongming robed himself as a Taoist, he wore black robes as this is known to attract dark stormy clouds. Weather magick is deeply connected to Sympathetic Magick. An example of this would be in certain Tao schools, weather practitioners would dance naked around a burning fire, as they sweat, the drops of sweat represent raindrops, therefore the belief is that this would encourage rainfall. Kongming paced The Northern Dipper, performed incantations and Hand Seals and changed the direction of the winds to Southeast. As a result, the battle was a decisive victory for the allies. I hope you have found this informative. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Lord Josh Allen said:

I'll drive through in my big black Jag! I can't resist a humble brag about my car. Any car guys on here? 5e44b22017a79_47989716872_cc5d5c711d_o(1).thumb.jpg.d0e96831db7ec5a7db054291efd9f3db.jpg

Sort of .... I used to own one of these ;

maxresdefault.jpg

I see in your photo you have mastered  that old joke ;

A guy takes his friend for a drive in his new Rolls Royce   .....  ( or a Jaguar  if you like ) .  he turns to his friend and

" I bet you have never been for a ride in one of these before ! "

" Well, no    ........ not in the front seat .  "

In my case .... I was always in the front seat ... and my passengers would be in the back ,  scoffing my goodies out the onboard mini cocktail bar    :(

Nowadays I go 'new  retro '

0.jpg            dsc-0267a_orig.jpg

[ Your style   ( personal image / presentation ) reminds me of an old friend  ' Ram Ayani '  (aka 'Sam' ) ]

Anyway ,  I was going to respond to the weather magic .... hang on    weather  MAGICK  topic  ( I did that just for Starjumper   :)  )

but I thought to finish reading through the thread first   (if I make it to the end ) .

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lord Josh Allen said:

Hey! I never claimed to be a Saint, I'm not an immortal or a perfected being. I'm not a guru looking to get students, I don't even offer any formal lessons. I'm just someone who walks the path of Weathermancy and I want to spread the importance of it to others. Does England need it? Well sometimes it does but I can't fix all of the world's problems. I help when I can and most importantly when I am ASKED. I'm a grey arts magician, I'm not Left-Hand Path or Right-Hand Path, I walk the Middle Path. It will take a lot more than one person to make a massive difference. There is nothing worse than someone who believes he can save the world. Besides, what's wrong with ostentation? 

I cant resist being distracted     :)

21 hours ago, Walker said:

Word up.

Howzabout this:

You, being from a family rich enough that your parents trust you to drive their car, can evidently afford a plane ticket to Aus, no problem. So, you go there, and @Nungali (sorry to volunteer you, mate) can help find a nice spot where nobody will object to you setting up your altar and donning your costume (I am pretty sure Nungali knows most of the "weirdos welcome" grassy knolls in Oz). You put out the forest fires, and I will personally lead a fund raising drive on this site to reimburse your plane ticket and I will also try my best to browbeat people into not making fun of you.

DAMN YOU   !   BASTARD !  

Now look what you have gone and instigated !   :angry:

20 hours ago, Lord Josh Allen said:

Hi there buddy! Thanks! Wow, what a story you have. Great to meet you. One thing you should know about me, I don't take myself seriously at all, I make fun of myself more than anyone can. I'm really not at all bothered by what people say, I get flack online, offline, you name it but I'm unapologetically me. I've walked down the street and been physically attacked for the way I dress, I've experienced everything. Not everyone will resonate with it but that's not my goal, I'm here to meet people who may have similar interests and I'm here to learn from people who are polar opposites to me. Awesome Tesla by the way! I've heard great things about them. I've never had an electric car, Jags going to release an electric XJ soon. I'll be ordering it! 

Excellent ! 

Pleased to meet ya ! 

bogan.jpeg

{ I will get to weather magickkkkkkkk  soon ,  I promise .  )

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Taomeow said:

I participated.  It was my second attempt at hurricane management.  The first one I was actually smack in the middle of -- Irene -- when 2.5 million people got evacuation orders and Manhattan was expected to share the fate of Atlantis and so on and nothing much wound up happening.  The night everybody was bracing for the landfall I was in a hotel that had no power and was inhabited by a stranded Canadian hockey team and no one else -- the personnel chose to flee.  Those guys rolled all the chairs on castors they could find out into the corridor and raced each other riding those chairs, lit by candles and lightnings and glowing cigarettes, and there was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary life about the whole scene, the wind and rain picking up and suddenly I was transported back to the rain forest where I got my crash course in rain management.  So I stepped outside and stood in the rain and spent a good hour diffusing the hurricane -- no, I don't have scientific proof, or any other kind.  And, no, I can't manipulate the climate -- just what I was taught, extreme rainy weather threatening life and limb, nothing else.  And no, I can't undrought a drought or turn Africa into Seattle or London.  

Diffusing is the perfect word!  Changing the form of something already existing.  Multiply something that is already there.  I'm so glad you remember the tornado situation with Mal.  Were you as awestruck as I was when it made a square step away from the town?  I'm currently reading the series about the Masters of the Far East by Baird Spaulding - I'm guessing you've already had your way with this series of books?  One of the masters that appeared to them in Book 4 was Jesus, who talked with them about walking on water, using the water molecules to thicken themselves somehow - but he definitely takes the mystery out of those physical anomalies by somehow merging mind energy so it participates with the object of his focus.

Lord Allen, you are capable of seeing so many facets of the dynamics.  And you appear to be an exquisite showman - your photos are wonderful.  And I'm guessing you are one really knowledgeable person.  What you have done is climbed a mountain at your young age, but now your spirit needs to grow in a different direction.  That's probably why you found your way to us.

Many of us here have realized that there is a place of commonality between all paths.  I call it the place of metaphysics, but there are other words for it.  It is self-realization, regardless of what path we choose to get there.  It is what remains within us after we have spent many years allowing the Dao (or the Dao working through something else, like NA or AA) to bring our egos down to size.  The funny part of this segment of the path, is that it's counterintuitive to everything we've learned previously.  It's not learned by piling knowledge upon more knowledge - rather, it's discovered within us after we have given a concerted effort to parent ourselves, to be of the best character we can be, because we know that the total clarity we seek can only be seen through a clean vessel.  Those things that obstruct our vision must be removed.  Many of us here have walked a long path together.

This is the true beauty of the Dao Bums.  We love each other.  My suggestion would be to look within and see exactly why you remain in a state of rebellion.  I recognize it because I was it.  When you're rebelling from something or someone, you are forever tied to that person or thing.  If someone says to go left, you have to go right because of the rebellion.  That limits you in your actions by 50%.  Whereas if the rebellion has been resolved, you will be able to go either left or right.  Look for the origination of this - way back when; and one you become aware of it, ask your higher self to remove the tendency.  Then, just chop wood and carry water and see what happens.

Do have fun on this new playground.  Glad you're here; just be kind to everyone, that's all.  Same advice for everybody.

• Like 7

20 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Sure thing, pal. I apologize for the ribbing earlier--didn't expect you to join the forum, but you're showing you're fairly open, so we can discuss some stuff. 

Maybe 'stuff' is outa the way now ?     My posts about weather magic are getting closer now .

9 minutes ago, manitou said:

Many of us here have realized that there is a place of commonality between all paths.  I call it the place of metaphysics, but there are other words for it.  It is self-realization, regardless of what path we choose to get there.  It is what remains within us after we have spent many years allowing the Dao (or the Dao working through something else, like NA or AA) to bring our egos down to size.  The funny part of this segment of the path, is that it's counterintuitive to everything we've learned previously.  It's not learned by piling knowledge upon more knowledge - rather, it's discovered within us after we have given a concerted effort to parent ourselves, to be of the best character we can be, because we know that the total clarity we seek can only be seen through a clean vessel.  Those things that obstruct our vision must be removed.  Many of us here have walked a long path together.

Your clarity shines like the sun!

:wub:

9 minutes ago, manitou said:

Do have fun on this new playground.  Glad you're here; just be kind to everyone, that's all.  Same advice for everybody.

Love you darlin'!

• Like 3

To my memory, two Bums have mentioned their weather working in this thread -- Lord Josh Allen and Taomeow.  I hope they´ll forgive me if I mention that I´d love to watch a True Life drama of the two of them paired up riding around the country in Josh´s Jag diffusing dangerous hurricanes and tornados.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Starjumper said:

OK, good.  if I recall correctly you said you got your information from books.  I also know that Jerry Johnson is very knowledgeable about Taoist magic, and I guess someone who is smart can learn a lot from them.  Did you happen to have an in person teacher? 

I myself learned a kind of magic that is never found in books and is a spontaneous result of doing a proper nei kung practice, which can only be learned in person.  I don't even know most of them silly words that these bookophiles toss around here, nor do I need to.  I like plain English.

Anyway, if you enjoy slinging crap from time to time, you came to the right place.  Most of the crap slingers here don't enjoy it, much to their dismay.  Self honesty is difficult to come by these days.

My chi kung teacher told me some bits about controlling the weather, and I had an Indian buddy who claimed to do it.  Both were focussed more on calling the sun into cloudy Seattle.  I tried it a couple of times and lost interest.

That's right, I have read Johnson's books but I haven't met him. I don't have any in-person teacher at this time. 

29 minutes ago, manitou said:

Diffusing is the perfect word!  Changing the form of something already existing.  Multiply something that is already there.  I'm so glad you remember the tornado situation with Mal.  Were you as awestruck as I was when it made a square step away from the town?  I'm currently reading the series about the Masters of the Far East by Baird Spaulding - I'm guessing you've already had your way with this series of books?  One of the masters that appeared to them in Book 4 was Jesus, who talked with them about walking on water, using the water molecules to thicken themselves somehow - but he definitely takes the mystery out of those physical anomalies by somehow merging mind energy so it participates with the object of his focus.

Lord Allen, you are capable of seeing so many facets of the dynamics.  And you appear to be an exquisite showman - your photos are wonderful.  And I'm guessing you are one really knowledgeable person.  What you have done is climbed a mountain at your young age, but now your spirit needs to grow in a different direction.  That's probably why you found your way to us.

This is the true beauty of the Dao Bums.  We love each other.  My suggestion would be to look within and see exactly why you remain in a state of rebellion.  I recognize it because I was it.  When you're rebelling from something or someone, you are forever tied to that person or thing.  If someone says to go left, you have to go right because of the rebellion.  That limits you in your actions by 50%.  Whereas if the rebellion has been resolved, you will be able to go either left or right.  Look for the origination of this - way back when; and one you become aware of it, ask your higher self to remove the tendency.  Then, just chop wood and carry water and see what happens.

Thank you for complimenting my photos. I believe creativity and magick go hand in hand. Taoism is not the only focus of my life, I have many other interests and goals which have little to do with ritualism. That being said, I have dedicated a lot of my energy, money and time into Taoist Occultism. I'm currently enjoying the book "The Teachings of Taoist Master Chuang" I'm quite impressed with the information within that book. I am tied to many things, that is true, but these ties give me pleasure and purpose. I don't know a whole lot about this forum having just joined very recently but I'm no stranger to various forums. I'm on the Become A Living God page which is mostly for Left-Hand Path Occultists. I'd hesitate to call them "my people" as I usually feel like an alien in pretty much every community, not complaining about that either. Thank you for sharing your wisdom with me. 

• Like 2

On 13/02/2020 at 10:52 AM, Lord Josh Allen said:

. Has anyone had experience with this art? Please feel free to share. 

Yes, as a youth , in a certain way , I failed .

Then I did 'cloud dispersal '  .... it worked .   WOW !     But then I just observed clouds  ... without any intent magick or anything .

If one observes ...... for a LONG time  .....   (and I mean longer than the modern person usually  observes things  -  like when you are  lying on a couch out on the verandah , with an expansive view .... and have  a broken ankle ... or cant walk becasue of your back ... for days on end  )  one notices  things  , like ;      certain clouds disperse by themselves       :D    ya just gotta pick the right ones !

Lets go forward ..... I tried 'occult rituals '   and  altars and occult tools   and ....      ( we will get to that later, I hope   .....  my 'set up - for  other  ritual, not for weather magic  ...   'altars and occult tools'  seems just as 'flamboyant '   ( hmmm ... does that mean 'lifting the flame '?   :) )   as some of your set ups .    .... oh yeah , that failed .

But, after learning more ,  I could actually demonstrate weather 'magic' to observers  .... they where gobsmacked !  

Objective observer ;  a clear nice day , clear blue sky in late January , late afternoon .  I do my ritual .  Clouds come from 'nowhere' out the western  horizon ,  they gather and rumble  .  Mad lightning storm around us . Now I am outside the temple, holding aloft a huge ritual steel sword  (hand made from the remains found in an old abandoned sawmill , the main circular blade ... they  dont make steel like THAT anymore ...  the stories and adventure THAT metal has holds ! ) and the 'magicum electrum' bowl held aloft , the sword swinging spirals .   Our new ' Neophyte tells me I am crazy  .. he actually did a runner   :D    ( later he said he was scared of being hit by the lightening   as it hit the  sword . )     I collected some rain water, some light hail and some 'wind blown rubbish ' in the bowl .

- we drank it later .

Spoiler

I hid this bit as I dont want to spoil peoples 'fun'    ;)

yeah , after  25 years here  back (then) I knew that  that particular year with those particular weather patterns  at that time of day a storm was more than likely to appear exactly  the way it did .   The ritual was actually  collecting the charged water  and drinking it .

I also observe that when the blood wood  trees flower at their peak, that is the most likely time that  afternoon storms and thunder and hail appear .   Of course , bloodwood is a powerful  indigenous medicine  , topically .  its a bit rough to make a tonic out of .  But the flower essence  works great internally ... especially  when made in an electrically charged atmosphere  and magically zapped  .... 'on the rocks '  .

Another time ... moving along IN time  ...   I had a visiting Aboriginal elder  ( from outside my area ) . We talked about calling up a storm or rain .  I told him I could do that   (  some of the older generation indigenous around here , now sadly 'passed on'   had a nick name for me  ' Biaganbelligen '    the 'native cat' or marsupial quoll    from Dreamtime  he is known as ' a cheeky fellow ' )

He immediacy responded  " Oh yes , so can I !  "   Then I explained how I did it  ( as in spoiler above )    and he " No not like  that I can do it any time , I can do it without tricks , I can  ...  "      okay then   :)

Time moves on , I study and learn and practice all sorts of things , including getting a teacher  in  Australian Aboriginal Shamanism .

let's move forward to now .  Everything is sooo simple   ..... or am I just older and smarter   ?    :D

Spoiler

Mark Twain  ( please excuse the paraphrase  ) :

When I was 17 I could not believe how stupid my father was . By the time I was  ( ?   some age  ?  ) I could not believe how smart the  old man had become in a few years !

:D

Now it goes something like this ;

" Big Mum .....  cant you stop this bushfire  ?  "

" The forest needs to burn .  Even you have noticed the build up of leaf litter and non rotted material and how dry it is out there .  people stopped burning off .  You already realised how 10,000 years of land management set up this place , no one has done it properly for over 200 years !  And you know I cant look after you lot properly UNLESS you follow my laws ... they are there to HELP you , live happily  for  over LONG periods of time . "

" Yes , your right ... but my house !  and all this , cant you just stop it or divert it or   ... "

" Oh all right then !  "  ( Mums are like that   :) )  .... but what about next year ..... all the bits that arent burned  will be worse and the fire bigger . You are going to have to do something about that . "

Now ;  "  Hey Mum , we having a huge flood now ? "

" Of course ....   country  get a good 'smoking '  ....

Spoiler

_56099124_ceremony_ap.jpg

they even do it at official government ceremonies , opening, weddings , etc now ;

7086572-3x2-940x627.jpg

Now she need a good wash . "

I find my recent attempt interesting though ; I recently got back in contact with a very close exGF long lost and lamented one . Ahhh, the sparks still there .  But she is having a hard time on multiple fronts , then devastating fire  threatened her  area .

I asked Big Mum to look after her , and told her to ask Big Mum too .    " Let's try and get a bubble around you . "

Now when I look at the fire map  (just in her area ), its rather 'interesting ' ;

NSW%20RFS%20PDF%201.jpg

Its the white area  on the coast .

Did I do that ?    Couldn't care less if I did or not   as

that was not the point

the point was to help my friend ... so it all worked out well .

Did  Big Mum do that ?  Of course she did  .... you just have to understand  'who  '  Big Mum is and how she works .

Did my asking cause Big Mum to consider things  ?   I think that is best left to individual interpretation .

All I will say  is ,  I have learnt what works really good for me  .... and to be appreciative and thankful helps  ;)

... and now the sun is shining brightly , I can see across the valley over the rainforest to the escapement , all 3 waterfalls are abso pumping !  But the river is raging ..... Big Mum must have me flooded in still , so I can spend all day on TDBs   .... enlightening people .

B)

{ and you guys thought  Lord Josh Allen was up himself !  ) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I believe a lot of people who are just beginning to research this topic, tend to misunderstand the goals of weather magick. There are really two camps, those who see the practice as simply "controlling" the weather (summoning storms, wind, rain, etc) and those who see the deeper meanings. Every type and condition of weather corresponds to an emotion, just as there are external storms there are also internal ones that exist within the mind and body of man "As Within So Without" Practicing magick to suppress an external storm may be used as a meditation exercise to quell or overcome ones "inner demons" For example, one could work with the wind to blow away bad luck or blow away self-destructive patterns of behavior such as addictions. One could work with rain to wash away the old therefore bringing in the new (manifesting new opportunities, jobs, meeting new people, having new experiences) When working with snow, ice or frost, one of the most amazing things you can do is self-heal traumatic memories. Within my system, snow is linked to memories and the past. The practitioner should go outside and begin energetically projecting their traumatic experiences into a concentrated area of snow on the ground. 

One should visualize the most uncomfortable and disturbing things they have ever been through in their lives, imagining that it is being imbued into the external world. Then, the practitioner will begin the exercise to heat the snow by projecting qi into the area. Eventually, the heat will melt the snow and this represents the memories being dissolved into nothingness. I created this spell for my own benefit and I can say, for me, it does work very well. It is also worth mentioning that hail is viewed as a creation which is the result of Yin and Yang colliding together, I always that was fascinating. If a Taoist wished to “Call The Winds” he or she would make use of magical hand gestures known as “Hand Seals” There are eight different hand gestures that control the eight different directions of the wind, each seal corresponds to a trigram within the Bagua. For example, to invoke the powers of the Southeastern wind, the practitioner would attempt to re-create the trigram of "Xun" (Wind/Air) with his or her fingers. As the hand gesture is performed, an incantation should accompany it, there is more to it of course but you get a general idea. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

To my memory, two Bums have mentioned their weather working in this thread -- Lord Josh Allen and Taomeow.  I hope they´ll forgive me if I mention that I´d love to watch a True Life drama of the two of them paired up riding around the country in Josh´s Jag diffusing dangerous hurricanes and tornados.  

Thunderbirds are GO !

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, manitou said:

Yes, I'm glad you remember Mal's tornado too!  Cool idea with using sympathetic magic alongside some high/low pressure science, very much like some of the creative shamans go about these things -- or a cat presented with a box: if I fits, I sits.  I remember doing some preparatory reading on ayahuasca before undertaking the trip, and coming across an account by an entheogens science guy who suggested to the indigenous shaman, based on his (scientist's) knowledge of biochemistry, that he could add this and that plant to enhance the effect of chacruna (which prevents the breakdown of ayahuasca's DMT in the gut).  He expected a stern rebuff even as he was speaking.  The shaman took the plant he was suggesting, examined it, sniffed it, then proclaimed, "What an excellent idea!" and threw it into the pot where he was cooking his ayahuasca-chacruna concoction without further ado.  It changed nothing, as it later became clear.  But there's no harm in trying if there's trust, right?

No, I'm not familiar with that series of books, thanks for the reference, I'll look into that.  About Jesus who knew how to make super-dense water (normally encountered in the Solar system only on some of the moons of Jupiter) -- a very interesting bit of information! -- the technology is actually natural, it's just that the application on Earth asks for some kind of know-how that is bound to look  supernatural...  as Arthur C. Clarke put it, "any sufficiently high technology is indistinguishable from magic."    In the case of the  hurricane, I used the technology I know -- wuxing negotiations coupled with ayahuasca's rain-specific 4 hour long crash course.  It is absolutely natural to someone with a background in taoist empiricism.  I don't know of course if it worked or I merely witnessed two coincidences with Mal's tornado and hurricane Irene.  (And Wang Liping's audience with the Moscow Dragon I wrote about at some point too...  another coincidence perhaps...)  

As a general approach though I try not to jump to the "coincidence" conclusion without sufficient proof -- the burden of which I place fully on the party proclaiming "just a coincidence."  I'm not a coincidence theorist. :D   After all, those square hats coincidence theorists wear upon graduation were invented by taoists to symbolize a square earth...  Coincidence?.. ;) 

• Like 3