ReturnDragon

Balance test in Zhan Zhuang (站樁)

17 minutes ago, ReturnDragon said:

Hi, rideforever
Thank you for your safely concern. Yes, you are very correct. It is better to do ZZ on flat ground. Why does one need an apparatus anyway?

If you read the title of the OP, it says "balance test" rather than a practice. Since it is a test, don't you think a special apparatus should be used for an ultimate test with a higher degree of difficulty. Don't you think this practitioner had any training or confidence to perform the balance test. Do you think any average person can just hop on the narrow platform and stood there for a 6 minute video demo?

Ah, semantics: the fire escape of a bad argument.

You were caught attempting to say that the balancing on a board itself was Zhan Zhuang. Then throughout the thread, everyone pointed out how it was not, as did your succeeding posts showing you don't know what it is. 

It is also not that hard of a "test" given that as Starjumper, someone your age group, can do far more balancing than that as he himself implied in his responses earlier here. 

You have no training to speak of based on your history of claiming superiority for reading Chinese and being Chinese, but the fact you have no TCM background or formal training in what Zhan Zhuang is, you're only digging yourself into a hole. 

and from now on , no one is allowed to post here  UNTIL  they have tried it .

OR ELSE  .... I invoke my new moderating powers !    :angry:

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=15105042&key=c14cdc971a

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nungali said:

He still hasnt tried standing on one leg with both arms out and rolling his head around   :)

I suppose that means only me, Nintendao, and you can post here based on who has reported doing it so far! :D

12 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

I suppose that means only me, Nintendao, and you can post here based on who has reported doing it so far! :D

I  meant our OP  here .

YOU  told me you would do it on the weekend , didnt you ?  I thought thats what you said ? 

Do you mean to say you posted  here   without trying it and against my rules  ?  If you try it now, I will let you off .

16 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I  meant our OP  here .

YOU  told me you would do it on the weekend , didnt you ?  I thought thats what you said ? 

Do you mean to say you posted  here   without trying it and against my rules  ?  If you try it now, I will let you off .

I did do it as posted earlier! :D our OP so far hasn’t responded to anything we say for whatever reason he has, though i suspect that it’s because he has neither Zhan Zhuang skill from zero knowledge whatsoever nor does he actually have any balance based on a far more difficult test you’ve shared!

7 hours ago, Nungali said:

and from now on , no one is allowed to post here  UNTIL  they have tried it .

OR ELSE  .... I invoke my new moderating powers !    :angry:

Reveal hidden contents

Done... After two 7% craft IPAs (one of which is called "Hipsters Don't Drink IPA" :D).

Easy... If you know from whence the head rotation should emanate.

Forget that for even a second... And indeed you will start to tilt like that tower in Italy that the ancients made in prescient anticipation of Instagram.

Kinda sad I don't get to do any spanking, though.

Wait a second, I have a solution... 

GOVERNESS, COME HITHER! 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Walker said:

Done... After two 7% craft IPAs (one of which is called "Hipsters Don't Drink IPA" :D).

Easy... If you know from whence the head rotation should emanate.

Forget that for even a second... And indeed you will start to tilt like that tower in Italy that the ancients made in prescient anticipation of Instagram.

Kinda sad I don't get to do any spanking, though.

Wait a second, I have a solution... 

GOVERNESS, COME HITHER! 

Thanks for the hint .   ;)

Now for the next part .....    while doing this , lift your other leg off the ground  ....

any hints on how to achieve this , please post here ;

5 hours ago, alchemystical said:

Exclusive footage of super special, ultra secret chi powers in full effect:

You didnt do the exercise and post the results first ! 

Okay then ..... I am low on compassion today  ....     :angry:

On 19/02/2020 at 1:47 AM, ReturnDragon said:

Don't you think this practitioner had any training or confidence to perform the balance test. Do you think any average person can just hop on the narrow platform and stood there for a 6 minute video demo?

You got some competition - but their Sabre form isn't very good.

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, rideforever said:

You got some competition - but their Sabre form isn't very good.

I wish I have four legs too; but I only have three.

Edited by ReturnDragon
  • Like 1

With all the valuable comments from all the experts, now, I know how much knowledge they had acquired from Zhan Zhuang!