Sign in to follow this  
Earl Grey

Town Hall Meeting on Self-Governance for TDB Re: No Mods or Sean Currently

14 hours ago, steve said:

I find you to be one of those exceptional ones, whether you realize it or not...

Nice ~ we are on the same page.

21 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

I often feel like I´m overdosing on opinions...

It's maddening if i tune in on a certain level to it... incessant thoughts being bandied about... even the 'well thought out' ones, become like gnats after a time.  Just noisome, flotsam, stream of babbling word salad.

Like if you've ever played that game of repeating a word, until it loses relevance and reveals its inherent absurdity.

Many conversations become this when I try to share my more esoteric interests with folks who have no interest in it.

The eyes glaze over mid sentence and I realize... 'ope... tuned out.  time to move on'.

My gal and I were having a conversation last night and the phrase of overdosing on other's thoughts was shared.

I find lately, I have less inertia, gravity, desire and patience for thinking thoughts made of words, or any thoughts, be they mine or another's.  In particular, the thoughts of others and thoughts born of my own 'storyteller' are growing wearisome, repetitive, often from their manipulative and coercive intentions and their projective, illusory nature.

The power of thinking is the power of creating your experience of reality in mind.

Buddha was pretty clear on this point and from the moment I heard it, it's resonated.

What we think is our experience of reality in that moment...

Which implies, I said to my wife last night, that 'As long as I can keep you listening to my words, I am, for those moments, in control of the experience of your mind.'  

Whether you agree with the thoughts i share or not, the act of your mind tuning into my thoughts and words, is paving and coloring your mind and its experience of reality.

My wife and I don't talk much about the house lately.  There are no words spoken just because a thought happened.  We share when something arises that resonates, or when something requires communication.  But all the extraneous over talking and over sharing and constant stream of consciousness babble, has come to a very natural end for us.

Among those close to me, an interesting trend has developed, whereby in the middle of a sentence, in the middle of a story i'm sharing, i'll realize... 'i have no gravity for these words, or this sharing'... and I'll stop and say "na... nevermind.  tired of the sound of my own voice."

and I'll go silent.

"hey, why'd you stop? i was listening!"   I'll get asked. 

'not every fart deserves a name.'  is my common reply lately.

Some folks sigh in relief, glad it's over, others were engaged and cutting off the stream of their mind the way I do is jarring.

for me, it's a realization that the words being shared are not worthy of sharing... they are word salad... or talk noise.

Even the well intentioned and highly thought out words and stories... lose their relevance and importance often before being spoken.

Our mind is our experience of reality.

To influence what others' minds are focused on, is a great responsibility, opportunity and endeavor... greater than i heretofor imagined until last nights' conversation, i am coming to register.  This hit me like a train of realization... which explains the plethora of words I'm willing to use in direct contradiction of its premise now...  

These words seemed to carry significance, worthy of being shared.

Every word, every action is a seed planted in the awareness of all those we affect with them.

We are all of us Gardeners, wittingly or un...

And I've just streamed a host of these words and thoughts into the mind of whomever reads this... for that i don't apologize, but in the interest of giving you back your mind... i'll shut up now.  For it seems i've said my peace on this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@silent thunder

Thanks for relating your experience. Seems to me the paradox of a spiritual forum like this is that we´re all trying to use words to communicate something best expressed wordlessly.  (Though as a lover of language, I will mention that sometimes truth slips through in the negative space between words.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

@silent thunder

Thanks for relating your experience. Seems to me the paradox of a spiritual forum like this is that we´re all trying to use words to communicate something best expressed wordlessly.  (Though as a lover of language, I will mention that sometimes truth slips through in the negative space between words.)

well said my friend!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Buddha was pretty clear on this point and from the moment I heard it, it's resonated.

• Like 1

As someone who lives a fairly reclusive life, I come here for community to some degree. I like connecting with other people whose spiritual life is foremost. At times I feel the real warmth that comes from genuine connection. And there’s plenty of variety in personalities and perspectives here.  Also there’s occasionally information I find particularly helpful. 

However, the nitty gritty of my experience is in working through difficulty.  I live within a semi-wilderness environment and my communion is mostly silent interaction with nature. That’s the core of my life. I don’t need any shields against intrusive human vibes or to expend energy on projecting an identity. But that in itself can lead to inner weakness. I’ve learnt that I also need meaningful opposition. That’s what I find on Dao Bums. 

The forum abounds with heavily defended city dwelling people, sensitive people who have needs for strong psychic shields. There’s so much unexpressed emotion lurking behind the words, so much psychic content to contend with.  Strong ego’s, forceful opinions, powerful identities, hostility both expressed and covert.  You name it, it here in spades. All these attributes help me gain insight into similarities within my own psyche; reveals to me my weaknesses and shows me how fragile my serenity can be. Shows me what work I need to do to strengthen myself so that my heart can remain open amongst difficulty and opposition. 

If a community could ever be perfect then none of us would need to develop inner connection with Spirit, with the Divine. Of course, I appreciate the effort people here, including myself, have made in the past and continue to make to try to maintain some degree of health here. That’s vital. It's in all of our interests. However, it will always be a futile task to try and impose that from the outside using rules. Ultimately the quality of discussion can only ever be a reflection on our collective de, with the most active contributors having the greatest influence.  To my mind, Dao Bums is very good for an online community. Underneath all the surface froth there’s real Spirit at work here. And that can only ever be something that's revealed to us in glimpses. 

Edited by Yueya
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, Yueya said:

To my mind, Dao Bums is very good for an online community. Underneath all the surface froth there’s real Spirit at work here. And that can only ever be something that's revealed to us in glimpses. 

Hi Yueya,

Good to touch base again.

tumblr_nndq22W4o01rk0k2jo1_500.gif

Thank you for sharing ~ the way... only you can.

- Anand

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/15/2020 at 8:09 PM, Earl Grey said:

We did have chat before, now we have to basically meet off-forum to become friends, unless you're Marblehead who was just the same guy online and offline (RIP).

Apologies for posting off-topic but...Marblehead died?!!!

When was this?! Does anyone know how he went? Heart attack? Cancer? or just simply gone in his sleep one night?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, JustARandomPanda said:

When was this?! Does anyone know how he went? Heart attack? Cancer? or just simply gone in his sleep one night?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, JustARandomPanda said:

Wow! Revisiting the RIP thread made me really feel his loss again. I’m also feeling the loss of a number of former friends and members who posted there and are no longer here for whatever reason...

It’s sad that we let things come between us, things that seem so important at the time. When put in the perspective of death,  these things that separate us don’t seem quite so important...

• Like 6

As Nungali and i have posted comments from tarot and the Akashic respectively, one thing I like is pulling out the public records of deceased individuals.

I would ask the public records of Marblehead for his thoughts on the forum and where it will go, but without his full name, this is difficult to get any information so far as it is concerned.

Otherwise, based on what was posted earlier, following up with additional questions is encouraged so long as people are willing to ask and act.

6 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

As Nungali and i have posted comments from tarot and the Akashic respectively, one thing I like is pulling out the public records of deceased individuals.

I would ask the public records of Marblehead for his thoughts on the forum and where it will go, but without his full name, this is difficult to get any information so far as it is concerned.

Otherwise, based on what was posted earlier, following up with additional questions is encouraged so long as people are willing to ask and act.

Why do you want to do this?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

That is the one I have downloaded on my computer...

ommanipadmehum.gif

beijaflor.gif

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

I was looking for that chant you posted in the Jeff thread

Hi Steve,

The Great Compassion Mantra?

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement

3 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Here it is...

Thank you Anand.

May the Force be with you.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Apech said:

Why do you want to do this?

Why not? This is something that we do as an exercise in our Akashic lineage for insight. People call their ancestors or the public records of dead historical or well-known figures to get insight into relevant issues.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Why not? This is something that we do as an exercise in our Akashic lineage for insight. People call their ancestors or the public records of dead historical or well-known figures to get insight into relevant issues.

What do you mean by public records?

18 minutes ago, Apech said:

What do you mean by public records?

Haha I take it that the Akashic is neither something you’re familiar with nor interested in, and you haven’t seen the FAQ in my PPJ.

Okay, so every individual has an Akashic record. Everything has one. However, aside from one’s own and other individuals (with their permission only), we can access freely the collective, the universe, and for anyone who has died, we can access what is publicly available like a library book, but not private information that requires permission either from the individual or Source/God/The One. At my level of skill, I’m allowed access to the heart of the records for individual soul, planetary, and cosmic consciousness, but I don’t have access to the big one, Metatron’s Palace, which has the multiverse and metaverse. That only comes with mastery and designation in my lineage, which I don’t have (at least for now).

Getting someone like Marblehead’s public record is his persona, but not the actual individual himself, who has already moved on. It has the insight of being free from ego trappings and seeing beyond our level of reality here in the material world of Malkuth so that we can have insight on what he would give to the forum—kind of like an AI designed to imitate the personality of someone to convey to us with emotional connections to that individual and relate much more easily. It’s not him, but it does relay the information to the Source where Marblehead’s individual soul now exists with others as One, so it technically still reaches him.

I have opened records of people like Jim McMillan before and am probably going to open John Baharudin/Ie Djie Djiang for my own purposes later too. I’ve opened up the records of Kurt Cobain, Satoru Iwata, Sigmund Freud, and Vladimir Lenin too, and other members of my group opened up people like Jose Rizal, the Virgin Mary, their lineage founders for Karate, and others that have yielded great insights for issues that we wanted to know about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here's a proposal that I think @ralis and others seeking a means to find order and punitive measures for people affecting the quality of life on this forum.

As we don't have the ability to ban people and Sean seems to not give a crap anymore, I recommend the following:

• Open a thread, maybe in tech support-moderation logs
  • Title the thread the name of the user and violations
  • Post screen captures and a short description of violations for record keeping
  • Discuss amongst the community what is unacceptable. Discuss why and what can be done to improve behavior
  • Post updates and if there has been any resolution, especially self-initiated corrections and effort of the offender to recognize and rectify their behavior voluntarily
  • As this is voluntary and nothing can be enforced, at the very least, it will maintain a record of things Sean or whomever comes here to moderate can see and address in the future for the specific individual if it has not been dealt with, or to see historically what has happened in case another member repeats such actions again

I haven't asked the Akashic for this, but I'm proposing this to the community to see what we can do about this or potential weaknesses of this approach, and how to improve this. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Here's a proposal that I think @ralis and others seeking a means to find order and punitive measures for people affecting the quality of life on this forum.

As we don't have the ability to ban people and Sean seems to not give a crap anymore, I recommend the following:

• Open a thread, maybe in tech support-moderation logs
  • Title the thread the name of the user and violations
  • Post screen captures and a short description of violations for record keeping
  • Discuss amongst the community what is unacceptable. Discuss why and what can be done to improve behavior
  • Post updates and if there has been any resolution, especially self-initiated corrections
  • As this is voluntary and nothing can be enforced, at the very least, it will maintain a record of things Sean or whomever comes here to moderate can see and address in the future for the specific individual if it has not been dealt with, or to see historically what has happened in case another member repeats such actions again

I haven't asked the Akashic for this, but I'm proposing this to the community to see what we can do about this or potential weaknesses of this approach, and how to improve this. 

If members are interested in more moderation here, they may want to send sean a private message and volunteer to be a moderator.

Has anyone tried that?

1 minute ago, steve said:

If members are interested in more moderation here, they may want to send sean a private message and volunteer to be a moderator.

Has anyone tried that?

I already tried that when Sean came back on the site last year. I have no idea what is going on with him.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this