Sign in to follow this  
Earl Grey

Town Hall Meeting on Self-Governance for TDB Re: No Mods or Sean Currently

2 hours ago, Apech said:

It's not easy being tediously boring you know.

Were we mods when that thread was going on?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

1) volunteers who will approach people individually and in private, akin to someone asking, "Hey, can I borrow you for a moment?" pull the individual aside, talk to them as a friend and try to understand them, then ask them to dial things back a bit. One member does this and has done so for me to good success. They won't need to announce who they are publicly either. 

2) volunteers who can highlight like @Walker did here when I was pretty much completely pissed off and losing control and face in a manner that communicates care and mutual interest for the community and for the individual member. 

This is a good idea, though I do think that you, Earl Grey, were unusually open to feedback. Kudos to you.  Most of the Bums who could stand to dial it back a bit wouldn´t listen.  Still, doesn´t hurt to try.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

This is a good idea, though I do think that you, Earl Grey, were unusually open to feedback. Kudos to you.  Most of the Bums who could stand to dial it back a bit wouldn´t listen.  Still, doesn´t hurt to try.

Voluntary is key here, as I have no idea what to do about unwillingness. SirPalomides with his scrutiny approach works for sorting out skill and blowing hot air, but for non-skill related discussion, this is another question altogether.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nungali said:

Here is what I dont get ;

IMO, degrees of freedom start at 100% for thought, and decline slightly with speech, and then more with action.

Given that this board exists only in the mental realm of thought and speech, it should thus allow close to 100% freedom.

Real life is a different story because people can obviously take many actions too...and thus requires more regulation.

That said, with the wei wu wei here...some people took their own vacays that proved therapeutic in many ways, and I also stumbled upon a creative solution for my own posts that some had complained about.  The problem with forceful modding is that it would have short-circuited these individual solutions that eventually evolved organically on their own...and left a lot suppressed with no closure.

I mean, it's only a matter of time now until GDMaster comes back for a group hug! :D

3 hours ago, Apech said:

Only one man can pull the sword from the stone.

What would be cool is if we had a psychic test that if passed, would qualify someone to be a mod if they wanted to be.  As in, someone who could accurately read chakras, subtle bodies, etc...would thus have real, novel insight into conflicts.  They could also then regulate in a more therapeutic way...by diagnosing what is actually going on in the beef.  Hey man, you're triggered because of this past life...or cuz your solar plexus chakra is totally clogged, bro!

In the real world, I am not against all hierarchy...but I guess hierarchy that is not based on relevant levels, lol.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, gendao said:

IMO, degrees of freedom start at 100% for thought, and decline slightly with speech, and then more with action.

Given that this board exists only in the mental realm of thought and speech, it should thus allow close to 100% freedom.

Real life is a different story because people can obviously take many actions too...and thus requires more regulation.

That said, with the wei wu wei here...some people took their own vacays that proved therapeutic in many ways, and I also stumbled upon a creative solution for my own posts that some had complained about.  The problem with forceful modding is that it would have short-circuited these individual solutions that eventually evolved organically on their own...and left a lot suppressed with no closure.

I mean, it's only a matter of time now until GDMaster comes back for a group hug! :D

What would be cool is if we had a psychic test that if passed, would qualify someone to be a mod if they wanted to be.  As in, someone who could accurately read chakras, subtle bodies, etc...would thus have real, novel insight into conflicts.  They could also then regulate in a more therapeutic way...by diagnosing what is actually going on in the beef.  Hey man, you're triggered because of this past life...or cuz your solar plexus chakra is totally clogged, bro!

In the real world, I am not against all hierarchy...but I guess hierarchy that is not based on relevant levels, lol.

I think suspensions and bans now are more likely to reinforce aggression and agitation, so unless someone is absolutely dangerous and making threats (individual will not be publicly outed here), I now advocate voluntary breathing room.

Now if someone is left with a shitty situation at home and harm can come, we aren’t professionals either, we’re just an online community. I was able to get some catharsis from my resources in the form of my training, my pets, friends, and a little volunteering, and okay, video games too. But if one has a decent offline life, probably better to be there than to stick to aggravation online, as mental space is a lot more damaging than physical space.

Voluntarily stepping out creates a different mental space than being suspended or banned, so I advocate that especially when others give that advice framed as looking out for us rather than punishing us.

I will also take this opportunity to make a public apology in addition to my private one to you earlier.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, gendao said:

I like this.. thanks for sharing your experience and insight. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Voluntary is key here, as I have no idea what to do about unwillingness. SirPalomides with his scrutiny approach works for sorting out skill and blowing hot air, but for non-skill related discussion, this is another question altogether.

Everybody comes to this board with different sensibilities.  Some Bums have blustery personalities (looking at you, Starjumper) and bring a little bit of biker bar atmosphere to the board.  Some like a very loose moderation approach -- or no moderation at all -- and think that the board works best when it´s allowed to grow wild, that apparent anarchy is the way of the Dao.  Others, such as myself, would suspend folks just for using the laughing emoji in a "laughing at" manner.  If it was up to me everyone would hug and sing songs and nobody would say an unkind word.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, moment said:

I believe that sean has been overwhelmed, by numerous circumstances, in his personal life--anyone with more information please step forward! 

man-relaxing-in-the-sunset-and-drinking-

2 hours ago, moment said:

We need to offer him all of our support and take care of ouselves (through community building) in the mean-time.

:huh:    ....... you mean  ......   Poppa gone away  ?  

:(

1 hour ago, gendao said:

Yes, good point .

1 hour ago, gendao said:

That is the way 'free-form' is supposed to work  ..... with time , or over time  , 'give it time' ,   'memory '   and 'nurturing . What I mean is , time and patience  and 'allowing'  ( the bit I highlighted  above ) , memory is remembering a good solution and remembering when to apply it .  Nurturing is looking at the results   and  adjusting the method to get better results    - and remembering that .  And of course not continually repeating failed methods  and results.

1 hour ago, gendao said:

Well, now we know where to send him ! 

See how it all works out  in the end   !    ;) 

1 hour ago, gendao said:

Whoa  !      Thats exactly what the crazies do here when they rebelled and when they got into government  ( to be the company they rebelled about )  and now  try to pull rank ... its their most desperate bottom line !  Dont look at the here and now issue, subvert it with past life stuff and chakra imbalances " Go and get your chakras balanced Man ! "   (Hippy insult )

BUT  you suggest more , a testing to make sure we get skilled people . Great .   This is similar to the system I outlined above ; demonstrated skill , natural, learnt and development ... but ALSO then training to be able to do that specific job under whatever rules and agreements .    Just cause you can read chakras doesnt mean you can sit on a board or be a moderator  ;)

1 hour ago, gendao said:

I agree.  I found that out in a very real and 'in your face '  way in the Supreme Court .... I was encouraged to press forward after the rough beginning when I consulted Art of War , randomly ; the passage  was about not fearing people in high office or 'in robes'  ;   ' they might not have skill or intelligence , they might have got their position by inheritance, luck, corruption ,   etc,  press forward ..   I did .... and the Art of War  'reading'  was right about them . 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Nungali said:

man-relaxing-in-the-sunset-and-drinking-

:huh:    ....... you mean  ......   Poppa gone away  ?  

:(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

I will also take this opportunity to make a public apology in addition to my private one to you earlier.

Wow, deep bow, man!  Color me touched! *sniffle*

4 minutes ago, Nungali said:

BUT  you suggest more , a testing to make sure we get skilled people . Great .   This is similar to the system I outlined above ; demonstrated skill , natural, learnt and development ... but ALSO then training to be able to do that specific job under whatever rules and agreements .    Just cause you can read chakras doesnt mean you can sit on a board or be a moderator  ;)

Right, but maybe "moderators" aren't what we actually even need...if we had authentic psychic facilitators that could provide genuinely deeper insight to help conflict resolution.  That's a big if though...as I don't think we even have anyone here like that, lol...

But it does seem that our free form did seem to do quite well on its own, anyways...

Well, if psychic skills are one suggestion, @gendao, list down some questions and a couple volunteers ask on behalf of us all.

I will volunteer my Akashic skills and someone can volunteer tarot or i-ching, and someone else can just sit and meditate.

Lets us put forth some questions here and the volunteers can bring what their sources said in response to our scrying.

@Nungali can also use the New Age Bullshit Generator if he wants because we know he’d love that.

9 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Well, if psychic skills are one suggestion, @gendao, list down some questions and a couple volunteers ask on behalf of us all.

I will volunteer my Akashic skills and someone can volunteer tarot or i-ching, and someone else can just sit and meditate.

Lets us put forth some questions here and the volunteers can bring what their sources said in response to our scrying.

@Nungali can also use the New Age Bullshit Generator if he wants because we know he’d love that.

I will do 'readings on them '' from The Art of War      :)

and  dowse their avvie pics   to see how much their own BS is interfering with their 'clear channelled messaging '

Now .... let's all do an  OM  .

• Like 2

You and gendao did the elaborating ... I just   thought of a catchy forum title  ..... instead of   'Welcome'    or  " Newcomers Corner' ;

I.e.  all potential new members / posters have  to first pass though  'Scan for Scam '  forum first .   A  sort of 'Crossing the Desert'    with 'people with skill'   either side  'testing '  them .

0:33

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alchemystical said:

LOL at the level of petty on display on this forum from a self professed bunch of adepts. Tells you all you need to know really.

Sure. Also, I responded to your post on another thread and hadn’t heard back from you there since. Feel free to respond there rather than here.

3 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Sure. Also, I responded to your post on another thread and hadn’t heard back from you there since. Feel free to respond there rather than here.

Stop rushing me, Comrade.

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

You and gendao did the elaborating ... I just   thought of a catchy forum title  ..... instead of   'Welcome'    or  " Newcomers Corner' ;

I.e.  all potential new members / posters have  to first pass though  'Scan for Scam '  forum first .   A  sort of 'Crossing the Desert'    with 'people with skill'   either side  'testing '  them .

0:33

I was thinking more along the lines that we would scrye for what to do without moderators to handle scammers. Remember elijah wilson? Someone lost thousands to him.

10 hours ago, moment said:

I believe that sean has been overwhelmed, by numerous circumstances, in his personal life--anyone with more information please step forward!  We need to offer him all of our support and take care of ouselves (through community building) in the mean-time.

F**k that!  Let's have a fight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, steve said:

Were we mods when that thread was going on?

No.

You'd resigned (and I was told that Apech was sacked for failing to clean out his own litter tray...).

Incidentally, that thread was initially pinned at the top of the Buddhist subforum.

Edited by gatito
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gatito said:

No.

You'd resigned (and I was told that Apech was sacked for failing to clean out his own litter tray...

petmd-cat-litter-location.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Sign in to follow this