ballzan

Mo Pai Alternatives?

1 minute ago, gatito said:

No.

Culturall,y my world is very different fom the one you've illustrated above.

What I am saying is there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of deluded hippies.

There are not millions of living Buddhas.

Even in the Mo Pai lineage only Bodhidharma and Zhang Sanfeng reached the summit.

4 minutes ago, gatito said:

Have you considered the possibility that everyone naturally retains awarenes after death?

I have no idea what happens after death.  My personal spiritual experience doesn´t extend far enough for me to speculate.  I have however explored a tiny fraction of the practices Steve alluded to earlier and I can tell you from experience that they are worth exploring. 

2 minutes ago, MegaMind said:

What I am saying is there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of deluded hippies.

Even in the Mo Pai lineage only Bodhidharma and Zhang Sanfeng reached the summit.

So, you've actually personally met hundreds of thousands if not millions of deluded hippies?

Or is that just a belief?

And just because you've never knowingly met a single buddha yourself, you extrapolate that experience to make the assumption that there are not millions of living buddhas?

• Thanks 1

Just now, gatito said:

Evidence?

John explained what becomes of a human mind post mortem quite well.

If you think he misunderstood then perhaps you could pursue training in the system and see the reality of it for yourself?

1 minute ago, gatito said:

So, you've actually personally met hundreds of thousands if not millions of deluded hippies?

Or is that just a belief?

And just because you've never knowingly met a single buddha yourself, you extrapolate that experience to make the assumption that there are not millions of living buddhas?

It just is.

3 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I have no idea what happens after death.  My personal spiritual experience doesn´t extend far enough for me to speculate.  I have however explored a tiny fraction of the practices Steve alluded to earlier and I can tell you from experience that they are worth exploring. 

Then you should continue to explore them because, for you, they have value.

• Like 1

Where does  ' the I '  lie ?  

In 'that which perishes' , or in 'that which abides'  ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MegaMind said:

John explained what becomes of a human mind post mortem quite well.

If you think he misunderstood then perhaps you could pursue training in the system and see the reality of it for yourself?

So, you believe John.

Luckily, I don't need to believe anyone because I have my own direct experience (with which I'm entirely satisfied) but thank you for your kind offer.

3 minutes ago, Nungali said:

It depends upon whether you're actually referring to "I" or to "i".

3 minutes ago, gatito said:

So, you believe John.

Luckily, I don't need to believe anyone because I have my own direct experience (with which I'm entirely satisfied) but thank you for your kind offer.

I only believe what I have seen myself and confirmed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MegaMind said:

I only believe what I have seen myself and confirmed.

That's wise.

Let me know when you've died and been reborn and we can then compare our own experiences of that event.

7 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Imagine you were put under for general anesthesia, or fell into a deep dreamless sleep.

You do not cease to exist, and then pop back into existence upon waking up.

However your ability to actively think and interact with the environment is non existent.

Something continues to exist during these times, but that something is not like an active thinking human mind.

• Like 1

Just now, MegaMind said:

Imagine you were put under for general anesthesia, or fell into a deep dreamless sleep.

However your ability to actively think and interact with the environment is non existent.

Something continues to exist during these times, but that something is not like an active thinking human mind.

I don't need to use my imagination because I've experience both general anasthesia and dreamless sleep.

I've also died and been resuscitated.

Futhermore, I've also experienced death during meditation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gatito said:

It depends upon whether you're actually referring to "I" or to "i".

Indeed !    That's the crux . 

If 'life's  download'  is imprinted on and interacted with the i  and 'that which perishes'  , and one knows nothing else , it seems likely both  the  i and that 'life's experience'  will perish as well .  That's why many traditions , in their own way ,  strive for development  and union   between 'life's  download'  and 'that which abides'  ; ' The Immortal Osiris ' , or any one of a 100 other terms . 

'That which perishes '    0:28  ;

16 minutes ago, MegaMind said:

I dont have to imagine that as I have experienced it .

No, of course not  ( I am hoping to get the point soon )

Well, once I was in a deep and dreamless sleep and  my wife yelled at me to get up and do some yardwork .... and apparently  ( from objective testimony  - me being in dreamless sleep )   I   " grunted"  .

But maybe I wasnt in dreamless sleep and I just didnt remember my dream when I woke up  ?

;) 

Of course not  and  an 'active thinking human mind.'  does not constitute  '  I  '  .

An active thinking human mind is ;that which perishes' .

2 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I dont have to imagine that as I have experienced it .

No, of course not  ( I am hoping to get the point soon )

Well, once I was in a deep and dreamless sleep and  my wife yelled at me to get up and do some yardwork .... and apparently  ( from objective testimony  - me being in dreamless sleep )   I   " grunted"  .

But maybe I wasnt in dreamless sleep and I just didnt remember my dream when I woke up  ?

;) 

Of course not  and  an 'active thinking human mind.'  does not constitute  '  I  '  .

An active thinking human mind is ;that which perishes' .

Which, of course, it does pretty much every time you go to sleep because without dreamless sleep your mind would not survive.

Just like your body wouldn't survive if you stopped drinking for a few days or stopped eating for a few weeks.

7 minutes ago, gatito said:

What if we're really the "I" but not really the "i"?

= we are

" We "   ?

In a way, you pre-empted me thinking what I would add to my above posts .   :) 

I was going to  say  ...    a developed I might find compassion and help all the little ' i ' s  along  with  the 'I that abides' 

- a sort of self integrated 'Bodhisattva'.   And a very advanced stage in Goetic evocative magic  ......   and some 'Tibetan stuff'   ;) 

... but thats a bit far out  ..... so i didnt say it .

... and a little 'dangerous' for the  average  i 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVd8j1lKjLXoZqpZuboya

4 hours ago, gatito said:

Again, there is no evidence that consciousness disappears at the point of death.

None that I'm aware of

4 hours ago, gatito said:

What do you imagine happened to our ancestors before someone invented your religion?

Why imagine when we can look at death and dying among ancient and indigenous cultures?

The Bön practices and perspectives are informed by its shamanic roots in Zhangzhung, they're very old.

The point is not so much whether consciousness persists after death but how and if we choose to prepare.

Like Luke, my devotion to the practice is based on personal experience of its power.

YMMV

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steve said:

None that I'm aware of

Why imagine when we can look at death and dying among ancient and indigenous cultures?

The Bön practices and perspectives are informed by its shamanic roots in Zhangzhung, they're very old.

The point is not so much whether consciousness persists after death but how and if we choose to prepare.

Like Luke, my devotion to the practice is based on personal experience of its power.

YMMV

Sounds interesting.

Is it free?

How many hours a week is it necessary to practice?

What's the end point?

How long (on average) does it take to get to it?

6 hours ago, ऋषि said:

2_KING_and_queen_2.jpg

3_KING_2.jpg

In the first of the sequence, the fountain pours forth the three substances that supposedly flow from the centre of the soul. These are 'Lac Virginis' (the Virgin's milk), 'Acetum fontis' (the spring of vinegar) and 'Aqua Vitae' (the water of life). The latter represents the force within man, that which originally exists. The other two represent, once again, a contribution from both the feminine, receptive, lunar forces, and those of the penetrating, sharp, solar male. These mingle and mix in the lower part of the soul - the fountain's basin - and the substance created is known as the water of Mercury. The latter stages of the alchemical process take place in these waters.

https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/library/files/special/exhibns/month/april2009.html

10_Hermaphrodite_2.jpg

One of the reasons I love Mo Pai is that it is stripped bare from all the spiritual trappings.

Mo Pai puts things into very simple and unambiguous terms, explanations of what is happening are clear and simple.

No symbolism.

No mantras or rituals.

Just simple, no non-sense explanations and exercises.

Things don't have to be complicated and convoluted, sometimes they can be very simple to understand and grasp.

Edited by MegaMind
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MegaMind said:

Anyone I meet could give rise to their buddha nature at any point, and I've seen the clarity shine through numerous times - even if clouds may again gather. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ऋषि said:

To each their own...  so go ahead and fuck off with that "nonsense" insult.   

47 minutes ago, ऋषि said:

WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG

• Haha 1

its not necessary to all get along

have your nonsense

just don't think I will buy into it.

and pot stirring is so overrated----

and so are childish emoticons and childish avatar images

and not about to click on any links and read anymore rubbish today.

fresh air, water, walks in nature, cleaning...

• Like 1