dwai

Can we please drop the rancor and bickering?

1 hour ago, gatito said:

Problem solved.

Unless, of course, you're someone who can't let go of needing control...

Reminds me of a friend whose father worked in the government during the riots in Paris in the 1960s and 1970s: everything in his home or illumairen and her PPF are orderly but the unrest outside and dangers can go on because they’re safe inside.

Remember we also have lurkers and members who browse while not signed in at work who can’t access PPJs. 

Some order is still necessary. 

Feel free to pitch your own ideas in the town hall meeting as well, but if you are completely laissez-faire, it’s an opinion, just not one that helps move the discussion forward because it effectively ends any effort to be inspired and come with with some creative ideas for moving forward as a community.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Starjumper said:

I don't see how this will get better any time soon, for several reasons.   One of the reasons is due to social engineering, which results in what I call the 'Great Stupidification and Infantilization.'  Part of 'the plan' is to increase immaturity in society as much as possible.  I know why it is being done, but that doesn't apply here.  Some of these things that I have noticed in society, due to my age, are things that others will likely label as conspiracy theory.  In fact the term conspiracy theory was created by the FBI as a pre-emptive strike to discredit those who have a good idea about what is going on, in the minds of the 'normals'.

There is another aspect, and that is the creation of division, which is part of the divide and conquer plan.  Society is being divided in every way possible, religious, gender, race, political, age, financial, and others I won't list right now.  In other words, the Immaturity, linked with divisiveness, and political correctness (another form of divisiveness designed to eliminate truth) all work together to create infantile strife in as many ways as possible.

Another aspect is that internet relations are all very yang.  There is only the written, mental, influence, unaltered by the yinning effect of eye to eye contact and body language.

Then, to make things worse, as it applies to this forum, there is no moderation, and a lot of the more mature, well grounded, people here were forced out or left in disgust recently, leaving a majority of immature, divisive, cry baby types.

In other words, as it stands now I don't think it will change or that appeals for maturity will have any effect.

363ED928-165C-48A7-9709-628FAB28A65E.jpeg

• Like 2

lots of "educated" people and even people who believe they are "spiritual" voted for and still support trump.... which is mind control or an accepted and growing insanity beyond all norms of reason, morality, decency, ethics, and common sense that a democracy can not exist without - such also shows a lack of humanity and related spiritual truths or the dharma's of tolerance, kindness,  common ground co-operation, harmony with nature, etc.. which have been twisted and perverted at trump destructive rallies of hate, violence and cruel mockeries that are touted or chanted by him and his followers!   Thus creating a state and arena lacking all spirituality and instead paying homage to and bowing down to an obvious malicious dictator and purveyor of hell mind.   ("oh but he has learned his lesson", no we have not learned ours!)

Edited by old3bob
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, gatito said:

Good idea Luke.

Trolljegerprøven er hinderløp med fokus på SAMARBEID og mestring, som hjelper deg å bli et sterkere og bedre menneske både mentalt og fysisk

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

Men dom som misslyckas fastnar i frustrationsträsket. 

Men dom som misslyckas fastnar i frustrationströskel?

But those who fail get stuck in frustration threshold (a frustrating place).

Basically, Cleansox is intimating that failing cooperation is frustrating.  I certainly agree with that!

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Then, to make things worse, as it applies to this forum, there is no moderation, and a lot of the more mature, well grounded, people here were forced out or left in disgust recently, leaving a majority of immature, divisive, cry baby types.

In other words, as it stands now I don't think it will change or that appeals for maturity will have any effect.

This seems rather ironic, in the humorous sense and even more so, the Greek tragedy sense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moment said:

Basically, Cleansox is intimating that failing cooperation is frustrating.  I certainly agree with that!

Cooperation seems dependent upon a shared vision or goal. When the goals and/or vision are in conflict, and cooperation will not naturally arise, we (as a collective) tend to fall back on "goodness" and "decorum".

Think warring states and Confucius, or the DDJ "when virtue is lost"..

Please forgive the open ruminations - just chewing the cud to aid digestion I suppose. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Over the past few years another transformation has taken place and it has affected this incredible space in the best of ways and yet in new divisive ways.

”new” students of practice from years ago are now far more advanced and with this “certainties” emerge - many well found and some well found given the student or teachers level of view. It takes time for one to understand that “ they know nothing” and become practiced in not holding to beliefs (rigidized understandings) as these are continuously expanded if good practice continues. Maintaining Beginners mind while owning ones understandings is a fragile line - a great deal of heart and gut must be cultivated.

Only a few years ago saying one had Awoken brought every level of sneer and competition - now we certainly have at least 6 regularly contributing. 

Whole potions of heretofore extra sensory siddhi abilities are now not just related to by one or two with experiential authority - many are expanding these themselves - and however naive or expansive they are in what they are coming to know - they are definitely speaking from experience vs mass amounts of quoting from teachers often ten centuries or more ago as was often the case in the past. (Nothing wrong with ancient teachers)

We also have some underlying trends that are a bit cultish - members teaching and grouping and advising as they sprout roots in their practice. This may be the most difficult to enunciate without stirring up considerable backwash and it is to be expected and is not necessarily a problem but more of a frat group thing which can add a sort of overall tint to what those members contribute.

All in all the site is better and better in most aspects particularly given the extreme climates politically and the enormity of what is on the line.

All the very best to everyone

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, ralis said:

So called energetic shifts are just New Age BS.  

I respectfully disagree.

I don't want to derail this excellent and important discussion and I'm just beginning to read it; but want to mention that there are ancient traditions that describe such things in considerable detail. The Bön tradition is one. 

They speak of winds (a name for energetic movement) that affect things on a personal, community, and global basis.

Learning to recognize and navigate such things can be supportive and serve as the basis for a lot of various practices.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, moment said:

Thats a relief !   I thought you where saying    ' My dominatrix ' Miss Lickas' has a fast frustration snorkel  '   :o

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Cooperation seems dependent upon a shared vision or goal. When the goals and/or vision are in conflict, and cooperation will not naturally arise, we (as a collective) tend to fall back on "goodness" and "decorum".

I used to tell people to go look at our communal veggie garden .     Then I would say , now go look at the local Satyananda  Ashram's  ( or the Hare Krishna farm's ) veggie garden .  Then go look at the local towns 'communal garden'   ( what an abandoned  mess ! )

4 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Think warring states and Confucius, or the DDJ "when virtue is lost"..

Please forgive the open ruminations - just chewing the cud to aid digestion I suppose. 

" Virtue  "    .... what an 'old fashioned '  word .     ;)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steve said:

I respectfully disagree.

I don't want to derail this excellent and important discussion and I'm just beginning to read it; but want to mention that there are ancient traditions that describe such things in considerable detail. The Bön tradition is one. 

They speak of winds (a name for energetic movement) that affect things on a personal, community, and global basis.

Learning to recognize and navigate such things can be supportive and serve as the basis for a lot of various practices.

Sometimes the 'wind '  gusts ;

radiationbelts.png

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Magnetic_Storms_Affect_Humans_As_Well_As_Telecommunications.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

Thats a relief !   I thought you where saying    ' My dominatrix ' Miss Lickas' has a fast frustration snorkel  '   :o

Try to behave, Nungali! ----- On second thought, please don't!:rolleyes:

Edited by moment

repeated for starjumper since he seems to get so  much enjoyment being a trumpist and pasting stupid icons on my posts!

....which have been twisted and perverted at trump destructive rallies of hate, violence and cruel mockeries that are touted or chanted by him and his followers!   Thus creating a state and arena lacking all spirituality and instead paying homage to and bowing down to an obvious malicious dictator and purveyor of hell mind.   ("oh but he has learned his lesson", no we have not learned ours!)

• Haha 1