I think it would be interesting to begin a discussion about people's various experiences with love spells and magick of various traditions and your results with them, as well as how to.

Not looking for advice that they shouldn't be done.

• Like 1

This probably belongs in the Occult Section....but ill bite. Taoism emphasizes dual cultivation...this is a kind of love magick...a very powerful form of exchanging energy for mutual benefit. Mixing of Yin and Yang so too speak. 

Love Spells that target "specific individuals" can get a bit dicey as people can go a bit crazy either trying to hang onto busted relationships or trying to force people into romantic entanglements that they would be otherwise unwilling. If the polarity is there then the fire naturally kicks into gear....trying to force energy to move in a way that is not "natural" will cause difficulties. 

Path Notes by Glenn Morris was my first intro to this kind of practice. His chapters on Dual Cultivation are still highly relevant. Several other authors that have good texts on the topic:

The Art of Sexual Magic by Margot Anand 

Sex, Sorcery and Spirit by Jason Miller 

Tantric Sex for Men by Diana Richardson 

Simply writing down what you desire in a partner so that you have a firm idea of what you "truly want" and then casting regular intentions for this is a valuable practice for simple reflection and practical manifestation. 

Edited by RiverSnake
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RiverSnake said:

Taoism emphasizes dual cultivation...

Some Daoism advocates it. The Celestial Masters movement advocated it for their married couples, in part as a way to encourage the production of seed children who would survive the apocalypse.

Shangqing and Lingbao looked on the practice with contempt. 

Nowadays it’s a great way to sell books but how many people actually know what they’re doing?

• Like 4

Opinions always vary, perhaps a Taoist scholar will chime in. 

Masculine Core and Feminine Core energies are something I picked up from reading Way of the Superior by David Deida. For either of the sexes looking to increasing there attractiveness and connection to Truth and Love....they are good areas to investigate. Such facets provide many benefits to romance. 

5 hours ago, dmattwads said:

I think it would be interesting to begin a discussion about people's various experiences with love spells and magick of various traditions and your results with them, as well as how to.

Not looking for advice that they shouldn't be done.

My experience with them s been in practice and in observation of others  doing them, mostly in the area of  'neo western paganism / magic ' .

Results have been anything from unproductive wishful thinking , to   gaining a  stalker .  Some get outraged  that others might act so 'unfairly'  , yet practice the 'spells' of scent, make up and dress .    :)

The best ' love spells '  ( and the most dangerous )  are done on the self - to 'fall in love with '  'deity'  ( the path of 'bhakti')  .   Done right, it can be wonderful.

I just remembered .... I have    a piece  posted on it round TBs somewhere : 

Spoiler

The Demon Lover.

It all started innocently enough.

Immediately after I had first met L. I began to become attracted to her. Then I began to imagine, at night, lying in my bed, that she would be lying next to me. It was nice, warm and wholesome. But then the serpent reared it’s head and my feelings began to take a sexual turn. This somewhat surprised me. But I kept control of it. However my night imaginings became more intense, until, one night I broke the rule.

I have no excuse. My teacher had warned me about this while he was still alive. “Never,” he informed me, “must the Magician enact a sexual penetration on another whilst in his Body of Light UNLESS he has first had that experience on the physical plane and  with the consent of that person.”

I broke the rule. I was tempted to excuse myself by saying I couldn’t help it; a pathetic and ridiculous excuse for a Magician. It happened little by little, until one night … I did it. I wasn’t worried at first as L. seemed to be enjoying it. I continued my ‘affair’ each night. It was very enjoyable for me as well but little did I know back then, that by breaking the rule I had released … The Demon.

As time went on The Demon became more powerful, soon I was lost to it. But I could not tell as I was in a storming vortex of desire.

I had altogether stopped seeing her on the physical plane. But at night I called her and she came … every night. My love making became more intense. I called her and she came.

My Body of Light had sprouted horns and long fingers with talons. I did unspeakable things to her … and I delighted in it.

Then one night I thought, ‘I always draw her here, what if I go to her place and invade her very bedroom?’ With that wicked thought the Demon grew stronger, the horns grew longer, like a goat’s, the talons grew sharper.

The next night the Demon arose from my body and flew through the air and stopped above her house and hovered. I knew that she knew I was there. I descended through the roof and hovered above her canopy. I knew that she knew I was there. I descended through the canopy and hovered over her bed. She looked up and I knew that she could see me. She squirmed in her sleep, but I knew she could not escape. I began my descent down upon her.

Then something strange happened to me as I began to enter her auric field. I began to feel very different. I looked over in her mirror and saw the form of my astral body – that can’t be right! My body was a field of energy, my chakras were geometric mandalas of light. Lines and fields of energy linked and flowed through them, arching and spiraling. I tried to change back but I couldn’t. I tried to stop my descent to her but I couldn’t. And then a ray of pure brilliance entered my crown chakra, streamed down through my Body of Light and out through my base chakra. I descended towards her, a vertical geometric Vajra of magnetic light.

I looked at her, lying flat on her back beneath me, her Body of Light looked as mine, except instead of a line of energy, a giant black whirlpool had formed over her base chakra. I panicked, not being in control, this should NOT be happening … actually, what IS happening? My Body of Light assumed the lotus position hovering above her and the stream of light pouring out beneath me entered her whirlpool.

I hovered in lotus just above her body, the energy poured into her and she squirmed with delight. Then I too moved into a horizontal position facing down, she lay on her back facing up. Our chakras were aligned and energy flowed from mine to hers in a blue white ray. Then, I started to move slowly up  her body until our chakras aligned differently; my base on her sexual centre, my sexual centre on her navel, my navel on her heart, my heart on her throat, my throat on her third eye, my third eye on her crown and the streaming light joining them changed color. Then I moved up another level with another color and so on until my base was connected to her top chakra. Then I moved all the way down, aligning each set of chakras until finally her base was above my top chakra.

I looked at her and all of a sudden was struck by her incredible physical beauty. I saw her feet and wanted to touch them. I reached out my hands of Light and then I heard a strange, electro-static, tearing and ripping sound and my physical hands pierced through my auric shell and touched her physical feet. I wanted to kiss them and now my head and shoulders and arms, making the same echoing, electro-static noise, pierced through my shell.

I looked at her and saw the shock on her face. The Demon loved that, he laughed and thought, ‘How delightful, imagine what it must be like to know your night Demon is now there physically.’ I laughed. But then, she laughed too. I began to stroke and kiss her feet  and words rushed out of me praising her feet and their beauty, their hills and valleys, the paths they have walked and experiences they had led her to. I kissed them. Then I moved up to her knees worshipping them as well and praising them for never kneeling in submission to another but only in honor and worship of the Goddess. I moved up to her thighs. My arms turned to writhing pythons which twisted around her thighs and gripped and slid and squeezed them. Other parts of me became snakes and, startled I realized some of them had begun to enter her.

Now I was starting to think, ‘This is too much, this is too full-on, I can’t do this, it’s too weird.’ But SHE laughed at ME! Then, with a strange compassion for my fear, allowed me to resume my previous form. I moved slowly up her body, worshipping each part of it. I noticed her beautiful olive skin, and although her hair was as dark as the desert night her skin was covered in tiny blonde hairs. I looked closely and saw they were not hairs at all, they were the glistening spear points of millions of tiny angels swarming over the surface of her skin, no, not swarming over her skin, they WERE her skin. Then I lay upon her and suddenly was struck by a brilliant white light, immediately followed by a quick flashing succession of pictures of her face showing all the orgasms she had had with me, passing quicker and quicker until in one giant climax her body writhed, she let out a call in a language I have never heard, her eyes rolled back in her head so only the whites could be seen. Our Bodies of Light were pulsating in a wild chromatic energy field of intersecting lines. Where each of our lines crossed a spark of brilliance was formed that flew off in all directions making a geometric fountain of light. And then, like one giant skyrocket going off, it exploded and I was hurled back into my body and bed and woke up with a start, in a hot sweat, panting and …. Ok, I’ll admit it … I was a little frightened.

The next night the same thing happened. And the next. She called me and I came. I could not resist it. I willed it not to happen, but still, she called me and I came.

I declared; ‘This will NOT happen!’ with my full magical intent. It didn’t work.

I did the pentagram ritual each night. It didn’t work.

I covered my room with spells, incense, pentagrams, talismans, geomantic figures, herbs, garlic, wolfbane and hyssop. It didn’t work.

I moved my bed into my magic circle and chained myself to my bed with one hundred and eleven silver chains. It didn’t work.

She called me and I came.

I began to feel weak, I began to loose weight. But still she called me and I came. My horns began to shrink back to their normal size, a moon crescent appeared in the furrows upon my brow, and my hands became soft and sensuous.

People began to notice. “Gosh, you’re looking great lately. Lost a bit of weight too?” they would say.

It made The Demon angry.

She called and there was nothing The Demon could do about it.

So he eventually gave up. And then, he left me altogether.

I finally confessed to L. what I had done, as for some time we had started seeing each other again on the physical plane.

“I know.” She told me and smiled.

And then one day she looked me in the eye and said, “I release you.”

“What if I don’t want to be released?” I asked her.

“Well, that’s up to you now isn’t it?” She replied.

Now, she calls and I come. I can resist it very easily -  If I want to.

........     But I don’t want to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

My experience with them s been in practice and in observation of others  doing them, mostly in the area of  'neo western paganism / magic ' .

Results have been anything from unproductive wishful thinking , to   gaining a  stalker .  Some get outraged  that others might act so 'unfairly'  , yet practice the 'spells' of scent, make up and dress .    :)

The best ' love spells '  ( and the most dangerous )  are done on the self - to 'fall in love with '  'deity'  ( the path of 'bhakti')  .   Done right, it can be wonderful.

I just remembered .... I have    a piece  posted on it round TBs somewhere : 

Reveal hidden contents

The Demon Lover.

It all started innocently enough.

Immediately after I had first met L. I began to become attracted to her. Then I began to imagine, at night, lying in my bed, that she would be lying next to me. It was nice, warm and wholesome. But then the serpent reared it’s head and my feelings began to take a sexual turn. This somewhat surprised me. But I kept control of it. However my night imaginings became more intense, until, one night I broke the rule.

I have no excuse. My teacher had warned me about this while he was still alive. “Never,” he informed me, “must the Magician enact a sexual penetration on another whilst in his Body of Light UNLESS he has first had that experience on the physical plane and  with the consent of that person.”

I broke the rule. I was tempted to excuse myself by saying I couldn’t help it; a pathetic and ridiculous excuse for a Magician. It happened little by little, until one night … I did it. I wasn’t worried at first as L. seemed to be enjoying it. I continued my ‘affair’ each night. It was very enjoyable for me as well but little did I know back then, that by breaking the rule I had released … The Demon.

As time went on The Demon became more powerful, soon I was lost to it. But I could not tell as I was in a storming vortex of desire.

I had altogether stopped seeing her on the physical plane. But at night I called her and she came … every night. My love making became more intense. I called her and she came.

My Body of Light had sprouted horns and long fingers with talons. I did unspeakable things to her … and I delighted in it.

Then one night I thought, ‘I always draw her here, what if I go to her place and invade her very bedroom?’ With that wicked thought the Demon grew stronger, the horns grew longer, like a goat’s, the talons grew sharper.

The next night the Demon arose from my body and flew through the air and stopped above her house and hovered. I knew that she knew I was there. I descended through the roof and hovered above her canopy. I knew that she knew I was there. I descended through the canopy and hovered over her bed. She looked up and I knew that she could see me. She squirmed in her sleep, but I knew she could not escape. I began my descent down upon her.

Then something strange happened to me as I began to enter her auric field. I began to feel very different. I looked over in her mirror and saw the form of my astral body – that can’t be right! My body was a field of energy, my chakras were geometric mandalas of light. Lines and fields of energy linked and flowed through them, arching and spiraling. I tried to change back but I couldn’t. I tried to stop my descent to her but I couldn’t. And then a ray of pure brilliance entered my crown chakra, streamed down through my Body of Light and out through my base chakra. I descended towards her, a vertical geometric Vajra of magnetic light.

I looked at her, lying flat on her back beneath me, her Body of Light looked as mine, except instead of a line of energy, a giant black whirlpool had formed over her base chakra. I panicked, not being in control, this should NOT be happening … actually, what IS happening? My Body of Light assumed the lotus position hovering above her and the stream of light pouring out beneath me entered her whirlpool.

I hovered in lotus just above her body, the energy poured into her and she squirmed with delight. Then I too moved into a horizontal position facing down, she lay on her back facing up. Our chakras were aligned and energy flowed from mine to hers in a blue white ray. Then, I started to move slowly up  her body until our chakras aligned differently; my base on her sexual centre, my sexual centre on her navel, my navel on her heart, my heart on her throat, my throat on her third eye, my third eye on her crown and the streaming light joining them changed color. Then I moved up another level with another color and so on until my base was connected to her top chakra. Then I moved all the way down, aligning each set of chakras until finally her base was above my top chakra.

I looked at her and all of a sudden was struck by her incredible physical beauty. I saw her feet and wanted to touch them. I reached out my hands of Light and then I heard a strange, electro-static, tearing and ripping sound and my physical hands pierced through my auric shell and touched her physical feet. I wanted to kiss them and now my head and shoulders and arms, making the same echoing, electro-static noise, pierced through my shell.

I looked at her and saw the shock on her face. The Demon loved that, he laughed and thought, ‘How delightful, imagine what it must be like to know your night Demon is now there physically.’ I laughed. But then, she laughed too. I began to stroke and kiss her feet  and words rushed out of me praising her feet and their beauty, their hills and valleys, the paths they have walked and experiences they had led her to. I kissed them. Then I moved up to her knees worshipping them as well and praising them for never kneeling in submission to another but only in honor and worship of the Goddess. I moved up to her thighs. My arms turned to writhing pythons which twisted around her thighs and gripped and slid and squeezed them. Other parts of me became snakes and, startled I realized some of them had begun to enter her.

Now I was starting to think, ‘This is too much, this is too full-on, I can’t do this, it’s too weird.’ But SHE laughed at ME! Then, with a strange compassion for my fear, allowed me to resume my previous form. I moved slowly up her body, worshipping each part of it. I noticed her beautiful olive skin, and although her hair was as dark as the desert night her skin was covered in tiny blonde hairs. I looked closely and saw they were not hairs at all, they were the glistening spear points of millions of tiny angels swarming over the surface of her skin, no, not swarming over her skin, they WERE her skin. Then I lay upon her and suddenly was struck by a brilliant white light, immediately followed by a quick flashing succession of pictures of her face showing all the orgasms she had had with me, passing quicker and quicker until in one giant climax her body writhed, she let out a call in a language I have never heard, her eyes rolled back in her head so only the whites could be seen. Our Bodies of Light were pulsating in a wild chromatic energy field of intersecting lines. Where each of our lines crossed a spark of brilliance was formed that flew off in all directions making a geometric fountain of light. And then, like one giant skyrocket going off, it exploded and I was hurled back into my body and bed and woke up with a start, in a hot sweat, panting and …. Ok, I’ll admit it … I was a little frightened.

The next night the same thing happened. And the next. She called me and I came. I could not resist it. I willed it not to happen, but still, she called me and I came.

I declared; ‘This will NOT happen!’ with my full magical intent. It didn’t work.

I did the pentagram ritual each night. It didn’t work.

I covered my room with spells, incense, pentagrams, talismans, geomantic figures, herbs, garlic, wolfbane and hyssop. It didn’t work.

I moved my bed into my magic circle and chained myself to my bed with one hundred and eleven silver chains. It didn’t work.

She called me and I came.

I began to feel weak, I began to loose weight. But still she called me and I came. My horns began to shrink back to their normal size, a moon crescent appeared in the furrows upon my brow, and my hands became soft and sensuous.

People began to notice. “Gosh, you’re looking great lately. Lost a bit of weight too?” they would say.

It made The Demon angry.

She called and there was nothing The Demon could do about it.

So he eventually gave up. And then, he left me altogether.

I finally confessed to L. what I had done, as for some time we had started seeing each other again on the physical plane.

“I know.” She told me and smiled.

And then one day she looked me in the eye and said, “I release you.”

“What if I don’t want to be released?” I asked her.

“Well, that’s up to you now isn’t it?” She replied.

Now, she calls and I come. I can resist it very easily -  If I want to.

........     But I don’t want to.

What are some specific examples of ones that you have seen to be effective?

I remember the words and procedure, involving a candle and a needle, well - believing as a foolish teenager they would be harmless and nothing was likely to happen. 

I almost ended up dead.. Yeah, you didn't want the warnings, but this was my experience. Now we could say things like he was already unbalanced, and I could lay out entirely mundane reasonings for the way things played out.

But I destroyed the book I found the spell in, and never played with spells of this sort again. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I remember the words and procedure, involving a candle and a needle, well - believing as a foolish teenager they would be harmless and nothing was likely to happen. 

I almost ended up dead.. Yeah, you didn't want the warnings, but this was my experience. Now we could say things like he was already unbalanced, and I could lay out entirely mundane reasonings for the way things played out.

But I destroyed the book I found the spell in, and never played with spells of this sort again. 

8 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

I've tried candle spells and nothing happened.

An analogy:

OP: Can someone tell me their experience riding a motorcycle and doing any cool tricks like standing on it or not using your hands?

ilumairen: I didn’t think it would be a problem just going around the corner without a helmet. I almost died. I decided I wouldn’t ride a motorcycle anymore.

OP: I rode without a motorcycle helmet before and drove my car without a seatbelt on. Nothing happened to me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dmattwads said:

What are some specific examples of ones that you have seen to be effective?

The 'best ones' I mentioned above . 

but  ...

10 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

I've tried candle spells and nothing happened.

I m guessing you want  different type  to the 'best ones'  .

Look ,  if you want to connect with a woman

Light   a  blue candle

Then 

1.  Don't try spells or manipulations on women  .

2.  Be light and happy  - they like that , a happy man is less likely to become violent

3. Be confident and be confident  in being  yourself -  that way  you might attract someone that likes  the real you and someone compatible  and not someone that is attracted to something you are not .

They're a funny lot women ..... in my experience they dont care too much how you look , its more how you  are .

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nungali said:

Look ,  if you want to connect with a woman

Light   a  blue candle

Then 

1.  Don't try spells or manipulations on women  .

2.  Be light and happy  - they like that , a happy man is less likely to become violent

3. Be confident and be confident  in being  yourself -  that way  you might attract someone that likes  the real you and someone compatible  and not someone that is attracted to something you are not .

They're a funny lot women ..... in my experience they dont care too much how you look , its more how you  are .

:rolleyes:

I'm more interested in exploring the various techniques and their efficacy than trying to meet a woman.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nungali said:

The 'best ones' I mentioned above . 

I can't seem to find a specific one that you mentioned earlier?

7 hours ago, dmattwads said:

I'm more interested in exploring the various techniques and their efficacy than trying to meet a woman.

Well .  'woman' or 'whatever' .

If not either ,  then why a love spell  specifically  ?

if you are " more interested in exploring the various techniques and their efficacy "  , keep a magical record and  practice rituals and spells in the spirit of 'scientific illuminism ' .

5 hours ago, dmattwads said:

I can't seem to find a specific one that you mentioned earlier?

Because I have not mentioned it yet .

First ,  are those the type you are interested in  .     You dont say or describe much , so I m trying to find out what your aim and interest is , you have been very general , if you can narrow it down more .

Eg.  are  you interested in  what I refereed to as ;the best love spells'  , i.e.

" The best ' love spells '  ( and the most dangerous )  are done on the self - to 'fall in love with '  'deity'  ( the path of 'bhakti')  .   Done right, it can be wonderful.

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1