Sign in to follow this  
rideforever

Spiritual States, Limitation of "Awareness", Unconditioned Mind

A Sufi poet cannot write the Daodejing, neither can a Taoist write Sufi poetry, neither could they write the Upanishads.

All realisations are different and the result of long devotion.

"awareness" is often the first state people reach.  It is a real state but it is also very shallow.  Being so shallow people often cannot see how shallow it is, or what is really happening inside them or what the difference is with the state they were born into.  Many spiritual people with the "awareness" make statements like:

- I am everything

- awareness is everything

- consciousness is everywhere

- nothing ever happened

- nobody exists

- there is nothing to teach

These statements are all rubbish, and simply mean that the state is very basic and so there is no inner orientation ... it is a state so shallow that you cannot even see the situation.  Unfortunately much of spiritual history is filled with all sorts of statements like this that mislead seekers.

"awareness" is a state that emanates a few inches behind the forehead, in the forward 1/3 of the skull.  It is a state that requires no energy-body, or a very small energy-body.  Consciousness emanates much further back at the rear of the head this state requires a substantial energy-body.  Due to the fact of no energy body, those in "awareness" cannot tell who or what they are.  Thus they imagine they are everywhere and that nobody ever learnt nothing and that they are everything.  They can tell they are in "awareness" but they can't really feel their own presence due to the small size of the energy-body of the state.   They also imagine they know all the spiritual states.  But the fact is that due to the lack of energy-body in this state they cannot easily identify where they are.  This has caused a lot of confusion in human spirituality and damaged many spiritual seekers, for instance like being told there is no-one and nothing to do, this has probably destroyed the possibilities of many spiritual people.

In the Indian Advaita tradition and most other traditions it is understood that you need many years of intensive work ... they simply know that as a practical fact.  And it is because it deepens your state so that it matures so you can see that it is only a beginning.

"awareness" people often do no formal practice and therefore do not improve their state, and keep boasting about how everything they are until they die.  This is actually the false-self using a small state of "awareness" to make itself appear impressive, and is not real spiritual devotion.  Which is the value of being in a traditional context.

"unconditioned" : existence is not making a mistake by conditioning us.  Why has existence created so many planets and people?  It is seeking through conditioning through dividing.  It is seeking itself, individuation and conditioning is how it does it.  An awakened human is an individuated part of existence that has reached self-realisation through conditioning which leads to knowledge.  You cannot gain knowledge without experiences thoughts and trials.  Only then can the vessel of the human reach self-knowledge and become an individuated microcosm.  Realisation is not the result of unconditioning, it is a step change in the intelligence of the being that arises due to the development of intelligence ... awakened states require a subtle intelligence to grab them, and this intelligence is learnt through life.  Which is the entire purpose of living.  Therefore it is very important for people to get conditioned, and learn from life at all times.  Fear of life simply leads to failure and the death of the possibility to awaken.  Therefore human life is very important, and this is why Krsna says to Arjuna that "you must fight", because Krsna knows that if you do not fight you will fail to achieve the goal of your existence through lack of knowledge.  Knowledge is gained through the experiences of life.

That's my opinion.

• Like 1

I think its interesting how a babies initial state of embodiment perceives no "self" in the sense that they are literally existing in a state of oneness with predominant Theta brainwaves that syncronize their mothers to further facilitate the state of "I am the world, I am the children, I am the one who makes a brighter day" and so on. Even observing them from birth onwards you can spot the moment they discover their embodiment as "The matter with me" and the surprise this brings.

Crazy to think we then spend decades attempting to get back to this pristine state and the insight it brings. Whilst it may or may not be the "correct" interpretation of this image I always felt that what this says to me:

ZyNIMBOw4Y6u-zgwfO6rjzXPDJzRSOJRQ0Iz829t

because it starts off very fine and individuated before being homogenized and collecting stuff along the way before (hopefully) getting back to the original point but at a higher vantage point in the spiral (the 2D image doesn't convey that data, you've got to feel it) which in turn makes old the new new...

Which leads me to another thing, all babies communicate except most adults don't hear what they are saying but if you listen to the shapes of the sounds they have the uptick of a question, the flat end of a statement, passion, intonation, emotional content etc... that shows whatever they are attempting to convey is super important. Yet socialization kicks in and the internal message is overpowered by the external tuition and they become good little borgs.

• Like 1

Another interesting thought :

The human vessel is very flexible and can exist in many states.  Why do we exist in this one?  The answer is that according to society you are induced to enter a particular type of "consciousness" with particular types of identifications, meaning more psychological less physical more emotional less awareness etc...   The society you are born into actually presses you to adopt a certain kind of energy state that you then live in.  Others may be available, some states are not available.

Edited by rideforever

Sign in to follow this