Sign in to follow this  
Wun Yuen Gong

Is there a Heaven and Hell?

Hi Guys,

Recently i looked through all my old books and stuff when i was ordained as a Daoist. I was given a book called "Journey to the underworld" and it scares the hell out of me. The book was written by the temples priest that went into trance and recorded his journey to the underworld and to write a book of all the hells in hades!

To be honest i am alittle worried due to my actions and was thinking how do i release all this bad karma and not go to this place.

No im not on drugs but this book is kind of freightening!!!

Any help on Daoist prayers or anything???

WYG :o

A book is only words Wun Yuen ! Wait until you encounter the real thing ! Now thats gonna be even diffrent, i assume not in a pleasant way :unsure:

Namo Guan Shi Yin Bodh Satt ... is a mantra wich gives tribute to Guan Yin, a prayer if you wonna call it that way, it protects you and makes you calm and confident.

I read a story somewhere about a student talking with he's master and asking what he will do after he dies.

The masters answers: Im going to hell.

The student looks strangely at the master and asks him why ?? as he never saw anyone with more virtue, compassion and kindness then he's master. No way he can ever go to hell !

The masters answers: i will go to hell because its the place where they need my help the most.

Ohm shanti !

Edited by minkus

I like this story from Zen Master Hakuin,

Once upon a time, a man with a certain military bearing approached the Zen master Hakuin and asked: "Master, do Heaven and Hell actually exist?"

The master wanted to answer in the affirmative, but knew that this would give the man a false impression. In all likelihood the man operated under the mundane paradigm that Heaven and Hell exist as places for souls in the afterlife. The master knew what he must do to break through that false preconception.

"What is your occupation?" He asked.

"I'm a general." This explained the military bearing about him.

The master burst out laughing. "What idiot would ask you to command an army? You look more like a butcher to me!"

This enraged the general. With a roar he drew his sword. He could cut down this defenseless old man in an instant.

"Here lie the gates of Hell," said the master. These simple words stopped the powerful general dead in his tracks.

Realization flooded in. The general sudden understood that the master had risked his life in order to teach him a great truth in the most effective way imaginable.

"Forgive me, master, for what I was able to do." He felt all at once gratitude, amazement, and shame.

"Here lie the gates of Heaven," said the master.

WYG,

Don't attach to these things. Continue to cultivate Dao. Sit in stillness and forgive yourself. YOUR DAO is YOUR DAO!

Wudangspirit

Hi Guys,

Recently i looked through all my old books and stuff when i was ordained as a Daoist. I was given a book called "Journey to the underworld" and it scares the hell out of me. The book was written by the temples priest that went into trance and recorded his journey to the underworld and to write a book of all the hells in hades!

To be honest i am alittle worried due to my actions and was thinking how do i release all this bad karma and not go to this place.

No im not on drugs but this book is kind of freightening!!!

Any help on Daoist prayers or anything???

WYG :o

Great story Cameron thanks! :)

Wudang,

Your words have now brought my mind clear again cheers, i can see how people get scared into religions!! :unsure:

WYG

Heaven and hell are constructions of human thought.

They are real if you believe them to be.

What about all the religions and talk of rebirth how they have to pass through different realms of hells and spirits?

WYG

Everything ever written or spoken - past, present, and future, is created by human thought.

How could it be otherwise?

perhaps past present and future is all now.

perhaps we are jesus and buddha and all the rest.

perhaps we are both a particle and a wave.

perhaps a particle is space

and a wave requires time

perhaps we are merely where time and space meet.

perhaps einstein was right

that time is curved and falls back on itself

and All is Now.

perhaps everything is allegory

and those greats of the past were merely men

perhaps joseph was really the father

and jesus was conceived out of wedlock.

what humble circumstances that would be.

perhaps they just showed us the way

to kill ego

and find out who we really are

and of what we are a part.

perhaps I am.

perhaps We Are.

Sign in to follow this