alchemystical

A lot of you are deluded

On 14/08/2021 at 11:07 PM, zerostao said:

had to give + 1 for Jacob Marley.

@Toni

is there a reason that you are not posting in the Current Events section?

I fully support your right to voice your opinion and share your perspective. 

The Current Events section was created specifically for these types of discussions.

I stand with @idiot_stimpy

knowing full well or is it fool well?? regardless, I know I harbor delusions.

I'd like to see the conversations concerning covid and/or politics continue in the ppf's or Current Events.

I am guessing its the same reason that he got mods to make him a PP for his won views and then went on immediately to re post and argue them in general forum ... and instead of whacking him back into PP you then made a whole new sub forum to discuss the things his posting bought up ... and now he is back again .

AND suggesting Steve not give him advise about his tone but look into what he is saying   ....  here in the public forum ... again !

I just got an idea !   Instead of  banning  or suspending 'someone' , just restrict their right to post ONLY in  current events .

- Mwa ha ha harrr!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 15/08/2021 at 7:55 AM, Michael Sternbach said:

Well, I would say that we all are both deluded and enlightened to varying degrees...

I am de luded  ... gave em up ages ago

Spoiler
Top definition
A Quaalude (a tranquilizer, downer), or an abbreviation for a Honda Prelude (but only by the younger generation). Contrary to the belief of some idiots, it is not the word for crass behavior. That would be LEWD, you tools.
He took a bunch of ludes, amazed us all by his lewd behavior, and promptly passed out in the back of his buddy's Lude.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I am guessing its the same reason that he got mods to make him a PP for his won views and then went on immediately to re post and argue them in general forum ... and instead of whacking him back into PP you then made a whole new sub forum to discuss the things his posting bought up ... and now he is back again .

AND suggesting Steve not give him advise about his tone but look into what he is saying   ....  here in the public forum ... again !

I just got an idea !   Instead of  banning  or suspending 'someone' , just restrict their right to post ONLY in  current events .

- Mwa ha ha harrr!

quite astute of you

On 2/6/2020 at 12:39 PM, alchemystical said:

uts and even that is being generous in terms of their depth and the more I've walked the more of them I've left behind simply because we resonate so differently.

I think it's important to remember that if you can identify those qualities within another person, it's because you either have, or have had, those same qualities.  Maybe not at this particular point in time, but at some point.

The most helpful way (for my own progression) to walk the minefield is to remember that we're all the same entity.  That will bring more love into the equation and less dissention.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, manitou said:

The most helpful way (for my own progression) to walk the minefield is to remember that we're all the same entity.  That will bring more love into the equation and less dissention.

A useful, loving, saintly, point of view.  

often the best I can do, is show others respect til given a reason not to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally, I find the challenge is to get along with everybody, regardless of their actions toward me.  One of the four agreements of Don Miguel Ruiz is Don't Take Anything Personally.  If I don't take things personally, nothing bothers me.  It seems to be a choice.  There is a way to embrace the Is-ness of a person's bad behavior without buying into it.

• Like 5

No longer taking the universe personally. 

Readily one of the most magnificent and appreciated side effects of my life path.

i highly recommend it to anyone who'll listen.

eta:  and when i find myself shifting off-center, or becoming emotionally extended, etc... it more often than not, traces back to falling into taking conditions/situations personally.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

No longer taking the universe personally. 

Readily one of the most magnificent and appreciated side effects of my life path.

i highly recommend it to anyone who'll listen.

eta:  and when i find myself shifting off-center, or becoming emotionally extended, etc... it more often than not, traces back to falling into taking conditions/situations personally.

I find it happens to me when I’m more invested in situations beyond what is necessary. A good sign for me is if I’m thinking about something more frequently than I normally do. The “taking personally” seems to be a side-effect of “wanting” something (to happen/not happen). And the recourse (for me) is to just “observe” the patterns arise/subside.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dwai said:

I find it happens to me when I’m more invested in situations beyond what is necessary. A good sign for me is if I’m thinking about something more frequently than I normally do. The “taking personally” seems to be a side-effect of “wanting” something (to happen/not happen). And the recourse (for me) is to just “observe” the patterns arise/subside.  

A counterpoint from a famous American social commentary.

Edited by virtue

On 8/23/2021 at 9:44 PM, dwai said:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Apech said:

maxresdefault.jpg

I did not learn how to knit. Might not be a bad idea for finger dexterity. Thanks for the suggestion. :D 

• Like 1

Just now, dwai said:

I did not learn how to knit. Might not be a bad idea for finger dexterity. Thanks for the suggestion. :D 

who does your nails tho'?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Apech said:

who does your nails tho'?

My teeth usually (Apparently I love my collagen) 

• Haha 1

Just now, liminal_luke said:

...some more entertainingly than others.

What is more fascinating or entertaining than streams of delusion?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, silent thunder said:

are all delusions equal?

Equality is a delusion.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Apech said:

What is more fascinating or entertaining than streams of delusion?

That´s what I keep telling the friendly women who keep calling me about supposed "past due notices."

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, silent thunder said:

prove it?

You see ... had you just posted 'prove it' rather than 'prove it?' shows that you are yourself questioning the validity of your question.  If equality was real then it would be its own proof.

On 8/23/2021 at 1:44 PM, dwai said:

The “taking personally” seems to be a side-effect of “wanting” something (to happen/not happen). And the recourse (for me) is to just “observe” the patterns arise/subside.  

Oh, it boils down way beyond wanting something to happen.  It's usually 'wanting to control what happens' :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Apech said:

You see ... had you just posted 'prove it' rather than 'prove it?' shows that you are yourself questioning the validity of your question.  If equality was real then it would be its own proof.

objectively?

1 minute ago, Apech said:

matter is matter.  I'm guessing some matter has more consciousness than other matter.  Isn't the concept of equality a bit on the moot side?

• Thanks 1