alchemystical

A lot of you are deluded

Been here for a while now and read a few insights and replies from some posters and one thing that I've noticed again and again is that there is a hardcore contingent of folk who are severely deluded. They may choose different areas in which to weave their self illusion in an attempt to pull the wool over the readers eyes so they don't realize the wolf wears no clothing and bears no resemblance to Grandma anyway but the core of the matter is still the same.

Lying to themselves.

Lying about their insight. Abilities. Spiritual progression. Wisdom. Lack of ego....

That last one especially, ye gads sometimes you can almost feel the false self image dripping from the screen as you read their often verbose posts. Which leads me onto another thing, the waffle waffle waffle mentality - why use one word when 3000 will do and then usually talking in circles as they attempt to emulate a Yoda stuffed with psychedelic truffles and instead come across like R2D2 having a seizure.

WTF people?

Do the rest of you see this and are too polite to mention it or do you just bung em on the ignore list and keep it moving?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

What you perceive as unwarranted spiritual pretensions, haughtiness, and delusive self-deception are in fact the layers of misdirection woven by true masters- arrogance so brazen it is in fact a form of humility, thereby protecting the uninitiated from burning themselves by encountering true wisdom before they are sufficiently prepared. To learn more, send me 20,000 euros to attend my exclusive seminar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Just now, SirPalomides said:

What you perceive as unwarranted spiritual pretensions, haughtiness, and delusive self-deception are in fact the layers of misdirection woven by true masters- arrogance so brazen it is in fact a form of humility, thereby protecting the uninitiated from burning themselves by encountering true wisdom before they are sufficiently prepared. To learn more, send me 20,000 euros to attend my exclusive seminar.

:lol: Spoken like a true master! Please send me your bank details and I will transfer the money </Nigerian Prince voice off>

Although that does highlight another aspect of all of this because whilst we all know most "gurus" are fake and purely in it for the paper what a lot of these online wannabes with delusions of piety seem to gloss over is they are attempting to glean the same kind of reverent energy transfer from acolytes... The ego is a slippery bitch.

Or maybe I'm just thinking too much into it and they're just trolls attempting to offset their ho hum lives via the spice melange pretending to be someone else online provides?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The ego co-ops everything, including spiritual practices and experiences, it's a bit like the Borg. So most spiritual people are usually more egotistical than regular folk it is just more subtle and sophisticated form of egotism 

• Like 7

Nah, there's enough ruckus that goes on here. You could join the few that call people out individually :) It always makes fun reading. Peace.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Jetsun said:

The ego co-ops everything, including spiritual practices and experiences, it's a bit like the Borg. So most spiritual people are usually more egotistical than regular folk it is just more subtle and sophisticated form of egotism 

True but its just so obvious that I can't help but wonder how others don't comment on it even if the purveyors themselves are blind to it?

22 minutes ago, Rara said:

Nah, there's enough ruckus that goes on here. You could join the few that call people out individually :) It always makes fun reading. Peace.

Whats the point? Speaking on them by name transfers energy toward them whilst validating them so they win either way. Even if push comes to shove its not like they'll go anywhere, will they? It would be different if we were all sitting in a physical place and you could Uncle Phil them but otherwise, pointless.

I suspect a lot of experienced posters are inured to it and just know when to scroll past. Religious forums in general attract these sorts of people all the time. With some rigorous moderation a lot of it can be weeded out but not completely.

• Like 1

Just now, GSmaster said:

I have surpassed ego and mundane levels a decade ago. I came here out of humbleness and humility to save people.

I test their ego and moral principles, and time after time they fail. But what can we great masters do about it? I feel like giving up.

Yes, seeing as we are so unworthy and stubbornly ignorant, the only thing a master like yourself can do is ascend back to his Pure Land and leave us in our self-imposed darkness. It's time!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

Guys, we blew it. It was a once-in-a-kalpa opportunity and we threw it away. Thanks to our pettiness, bullying, and failure to render proper obeisance to the manifest deity among us, he has decided to abandon us to our sordid devices and ascended back to his plane. We may now commence flinging poo at one another.

eyup, he was too good for this world and this forum. 

He will be sorely missed

until we get another master

who comes here to

exalt themselves and save us. 

Whilst I don't know that guy or his issues with some members I can say he raises a lot of interesting points in his statement, especially about how the conduct of many belies their purported prowess in cultivation as that was in part what motivated my original post as it all seems so immature and I'm stunned people actually have that much free time to sit around BSing.

I'm a new signup here so don't know what this place was like in its heyday nor do I recognize any "characters" or anyones old rivalries but there seems to be an absolutely immense amount of signal to noise which is oddly tolerated by whoever is supposed to be calling the shots for whatever reason.

Like I said I'm here to learn and pick up some hints and tips along the way but man from what I've been reading it makes me wonder if this site isn't some kind of containment place that stops people signing up to the true cultivation discussion forum (wherever that may be - do I need to roll up a trouser leg?) like some kind of shield?

Truly bizarre.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm grateful when my delusions are managed to be brought into focus by one compassionate enough to stick around and endure it, and capable enought to get me to see it from within the lensing distortion of my own process.

it's so hard to garner from within the process

this is why qualified observers are so precious to me.

Most walk on by and can't be bothered to reach in and hold up a mirror.

The reason we use Directors in theater, is not to have a boss to run things... but to have an external perspective of the fish bowl to provide qualified observations of the actors and the action.

As an actor, I may be feeling and experiencing all sorts of fantastic process... but how it's presented externally, how it sounds and how it fits in with the entire ensemble is beyond my ken to see and reference while in the midst of rehearsal and performance.

Directors function as a mirror.  Allowing us insight to how our internal process as an actor, is being portrayed externally and is observed by those outside the process.

Relationships are like directors to me.  My wife, my son, my trusted work-mates, my close friends... all have proven their qualified observations and are invaluable mirrors when they touch base and say... 'hey Creighton?  Is this what you're intending to put out?  (holds up mirror describing how my actions and words are coming across), cuz this is how it's coming across to us...

invaluable.

Provided it's offered in sincerity and not seriousness.  Serious is a quick path to stilted energy and lack of vitality in my experience. 

Sincerity, playfulness, humor and nurturing is where it's at...

Animals are great mirrors to inner process.  No dissembling energetic prompts with them.  People are complex in mind and so their mirrors tend to have some bubbles and such, but I'll take them, when offered in sincerity.

eta:

Dao Bums, quite a few of them, have become invaluable qualified observers for me.

This place continues to inspire, motivate and connect me to an expansion of life.

All forums I have visited have their regular flow of Trolls. Dao Bums from my experience is remarkably resistant to them.  They come, they blow about and then tire and leave.  Been contributing here for about 8 years and lurked for a couple prior to that... the pattern is observable with fundamentalists, and misery spreaders and megalomaniacs... they need to vent this stuff, or it will eat them up inside, they know this.

Trolls seem to be most satisfied when they can manage to inspire misery and anger in others.  But trolls soon blow themselves out, like storms.... the most violent cannot sustain for long. 

Sometimes, its me and you who need to be the mirror for them... allow them a safe space to get it out, it'll maybe help.

But remember, when functioning as a mirror, reflect, don't absorb.

Mirrors reject nothing, reflect everything and hold on to nothing when the images shift.

I wish for all of us... more Mirror Love... Sincerely.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, alchemystical said:

Whilst I don't know that guy or his issues with some members I can say he raises a lot of interesting points in his statement, especially about how the conduct of many belies their purported prowess in cultivation as that was in part what motivated my original post as it all seems so immature and I'm stunned people actually have that much free time to sit around BSing.

I'm a new signup here so don't know what this place was like in its heyday nor do I recognize any "characters" or anyones old rivalries but there seems to be an absolutely immense amount of signal to noise which is oddly tolerated by whoever is supposed to be calling the shots for whatever reason.

Like I said I'm here to learn and pick up some hints and tips along the way but man from what I've been reading it makes me wonder if this site isn't some kind of containment place that stops people signing up to the true cultivation discussion forum (wherever that may be - do I need to roll up a trouser leg?) like some kind of shield?

Truly bizarre.

You can roll up your trousers if you like - but please don't post any pictures.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, alchemystical said:

Been here for a while now and read a few insights and replies from some posters and one thing that I've noticed again and again is that there is a hardcore contingent of folk who are severely deluded. They may choose different areas in which to weave their self illusion in an attempt to pull the wool over the readers eyes so they don't realize the wolf wears no clothing and bears no resemblance to Grandma anyway but the core of the matter is still the same.

Lying to themselves.

Lying about their insight. Abilities. Spiritual progression. Wisdom. Lack of ego....

That last one especially, ye gads sometimes you can almost feel the false self image dripping from the screen as you read their often verbose posts. Which leads me onto another thing, the waffle waffle waffle mentality - why use one word when 3000 will do and then usually talking in circles as they attempt to emulate a Yoda stuffed with psychedelic truffles and instead come across like R2D2 having a seizure.

WTF people?

Do the rest of you see this and are too polite to mention it or do you just bung em on the ignore list and keep it moving?

When I first came here I was told I was under attack by an astral, night time visiting, punishing and smiting ,  traditionally garbed Samurai,  Turkish guy that worked in a nuclear power plant ( in Turkey) and was a Daoist   by   said astral, night time visiting, punishing and smiting ,  traditionally garbed Samurai,  Turkish guy that worked in a nuclear power plant ( in Turkey) and was a Daoist   :)

What ?   You dont like stuff like that ?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, alchemystical said:

Truly bizarre.

I would say that you have enough 'nous' to differentiate the  market place dross   from the  ore that does contain some gold  .... then you can do your own refining  :)

17 hours ago, alchemystical said:

Whats the point? Speaking on them by name transfers energy toward them whilst validating them so they win either way. Even if push comes to shove its not like they'll go anywhere, will they? It would be different if we were all sitting in a physical place and you could Uncle Phil them but otherwise, pointless.

Absolutely. So no need to get involved :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nungali said:

When I first came here I was told I was under attack by an astral, night time visiting, punishing and smiting ,  traditionally garbed Samurai,  Turkish guy that worked in a nuclear power plant ( in Turkey) and was a Daoist   by   said astral, night time visiting, punishing and smiting ,  traditionally garbed Samurai,  Turkish guy that worked in a nuclear power plant ( in Turkey) and was a Daoist   :)

What ?   You dont like stuff like that ?

I remember the golden years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, alchemystical said:

Lying to themselves.

WTF people?

My man, we have our moments of getting stressed, jaded, angry, disappointed, and fed up. 

...Guilty as charged, by the way.

The most spiritual thing I can say is to go out and have a beer with some friends, have fun, and enjoy whatever insights you have developed over the years to set you on the straight and narrow path to where you want to go. 

Those who learn with me and my lineages are the ones who choose to, the others who are respectfully staying in their own lane and not bothering me can do as they please, and ideally, the cultists and self-initiates who are obnoxious and muck up threads forcing their uninformed opinions can crawl back into the bleeding orifice from which they descended from instead of disrupting discussions.

But in short, you won't be pleased here all the time with everyone, though you might find a few gems--if you're willing to stick your hands into a pile of shit inside the port-a-potty in hopes of finding a diamond or an emerald, which you probably don't need if you've already got something that's gold in your head. 

The right people will come your way, the wrong people will either stay in their own lane or annoy the hell out of you maliciously, but no one can take away whatever insight you've realized or whatever practice keeps you going forward. Until then, buy yourself a beer, or let me buy you one, and don't stress too much about this place. 

• Like 3

^ Yeah, thats a valid point. The issue with cultivation is its truly a solo sport and I'm surrounded by people that have the spiritual insight of a house brick. Part of my reason for signing up here I guess because speaking to them about it and they slap a Scooby Doo look on their face.

giphy.gif

Its like the more I discover the more questions I have so the more I discover and so on... whilst most folks are oh so content running the wheel, watching reality TV and gossiping like schoolgirls about whatever the internet tells them is hot at the moment and spending what little money they have on things they don't need to impress people they don't forget to like, comment and subscribe! Rinse and repeat.

Try and speak on the metaphysics of being, nature of reality, ways of expanding your consciousness and the underlying fabric of stuff or any of the other laser beam shooting iridescent thoughts that run through my awareness in each moment and you can literally watch their brains start to melt as its so far out of their paradigm. Not only that but you can actively see them shutting down, like they're trying to get to the end of their life and be able to advertise parts for sale:

1 Brain. Barely used, never raced, rallied or modified. As new condition.

Like I said, I really don't get it. We're all born with innumerable gifts, just as standard equipment and because they're free most choose to ignore them and to even think of developing them is anathema to the "coolness" of collective ignorance whereas my raging curiosity has questions and seeks answers whilst wanting to share my adventures but people don't remember how to play the old fashioned way.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, alchemystical said:

^ Yeah, thats a valid point. The issue with cultivation is its truly a solo sport and I'm surrounded by people that have the spiritual insight of a house brick. Part of my reason for signing up here I guess because speaking to them about it and they slap a Scooby Doo look on their face.

giphy.gif

Its like the more I discover the more questions I have so the more I discover and so on... whilst most folks are oh so content running the wheel, watching reality TV and gossiping like schoolgirls about whatever the internet tells them is hot at the moment and spending what little money they have on things they don't need to impress people they don't forget to like, comment and subscribe! Rinse and repeat.

Try and speak on the metaphysics of being, nature of reality, ways of expanding your consciousness and the underlying fabric of stuff or any of the other laser beam shooting iridescent thoughts that run through my awareness in each moment and you can literally watch their brains start to melt as its so far out of their paradigm. Not only that but you can actively see them shutting down, like they're trying to get to the end of their life and be able to advertise parts for sale:

1 Brain. Barely used, never raced, rallied or modified. As new condition.

Like I said, I really don't get it. We're all born with innumerable gifts, just as standard equipment and because they're free most choose to ignore them and to even think of developing them is anathema to the "coolness" of collective ignorance whereas my raging curiosity has questions and seeks answers whilst wanting to share my adventures but people don't remember how to play the old fashioned way.

I'm not sure about what your particular practice is and how long you've done it, but for the ten years I've done it with primarily Taoist foundation followed by some Vedic mantras and doing things like attending a Shinto shrine monthly, I am by all means a happy hermit because I don't care if women see me as odd, people have a hard time labeling me, and people from other paths and traditions either hold me in high regard or think that I know nothing (the latter is usually the self-initiates). 

A lot of what people will say seems highly spiritual at the time, other times it's platitudes like a parrot repeating "Om" and not knowing what it means...or hell: people who slap "Om" stickers on their water bottles and get tattoos of it along with Chinese characters on their body and Bible verses, then think they're masters. 

I get the sense that your personal life offline is as difficult as it is here and whatever other forums you have. Perhaps you may be told by people now and then that "You think too much", as though thinking were a crime in an age where people act without thinking as though that were natural...

Again: I don't know what your background or practice is, but the right community, right teacher, right system, [being the] right student, and having the right lineage are all integral to being free from a lot of the angst we get as solo practitioners. So as I don't know about the other four pillars, I would presume the right community is one you are struggling with, and likely may have to build it yourself. 

Who knows? Maybe starting a group on WhatsApp or Telegram curated by you and a few small individuals whom you trust can begin to alleviate some of the tension you've got now. 

Until then, go enjoy a cold one and see if you can find some inspiration. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Again: I don't know what your background or practice is, but the right community, right teacher, right system, [being the] right student, and having the right lineage are all integral to being free from a lot of the angst we get as solo practitioners.

This hits the nail on the head.

1 hour ago, alchemystical said:

Yeah, I hear that. It actually sounds like you're ready to take off and search for answers. I'm as curious as @Earl Grey with what it is you've been practicing so far etc.

It sounds like you'd benefit greatly from time with monks or equivalent and undergo some training in a community that you can relate to. All I can say is that from my experience, when you do, suddenly you feel at home. You can speak the way that your heart speaks and everyone understands you, even if they don't know your language.

Now, here in England, I have refined who I have surrounding me. Not out of hate, I still love them dearly, but my training has taken me away. One fella always sent me stacks of images of games he was playing late at night, drinking copious amounts of alcohol. While I can appreciate that, sorta, I'm really not interested and I think he eventually got the hint.

"Since you got back, you've been a gay and don't play games anymore" is what he said haha. In his and his friend's world, that's a loss but for me, I have 16-17 hours a day of very important and rewarding things to do.

I should probably change my avatar after all that :D

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rara said:

This hits the nail on the head.

Yeah, I hear that. It actually sounds like you're ready to take off and search for answers. I'm as curious as @Earl Grey with what it is you've been practicing so far etc.

It sounds like you'd benefit greatly from time with monks or equivalent and undergo some training in a community that you can relate to. All I can say is that from my experience, when you do, suddenly you feel at home. You can speak the way that your heart speaks and everyone understands you, even if they don't know your language.

Now, here in England, I have refined who I have surrounding me. Not out of hate, I still love them dearly, but my training has taken me away. One fella always sent me stacks of images of games he was playing late at night, drinking copious amounts of alcohol. While I can appreciate that, sorta, I'm really not interested and I think he eventually got the hint.

"Since you got back, you've been a gay and don't play games anymore" is what he said haha. In his and his friend's world, that's a loss but for me, I have 16-17 hours a day of very important and rewarding things to do.

I should probably change my avatar after all that :D

Hey, I cultivate, but I'm a hardcore Nintendo nerd. Been playing even since the Atari 2600, had everything since the NES all the way to the Switch (okay, I skipped the Wii U, but I did have a Virtual Boy!). Actually, you can find inspiration even in nerd culture, whether it's the comics or games I'm exposed to--playing Dark Souls or Bloodborne made me laugh because the parrying technique is a lot like what I naturally do when sparring or brawling--shift to the side and strike while simultaneously parrying and then a visceral attack in the back or dragging the opponent backwards and holding his head in control. 

There was a wonderful article I read about the kinds of friends we have, and obviously, we need to compartmentalize. For the friend who is great to have drinks and shoot darts at the pub with, he may be fun for that, but he may also not be the person you go to if you need to borrow money (chances are he may want to borrow from you more), nor is he one for giving relationship advice or understand spiritual matters. Likewise, your spiritual friends may not inspire you to be human, and luckily, my cultivation Bros play video games, read tarot cards, listen to hard rock classics from Tool and Rage Against the Machine to Stone Temple Pilots and Guns N' Roses, get together and do Zhan Zhuang, occasionally have beers, and if in the same country, go on road trips. 

Be human first, then let the friends come your way. Be a friend too I say to the OP. 

I see you're angsty now OP, and I hear you. I was that way too and am that way at times when I feel like the world could use better people. 

Go watch the movies Stand By Me and American Pie. See what it's like to have the right friends and how even those friendships can drift apart. Hell, go watch The Shawshank RedemptionJerry Maguire, and see what quality friendships are like in tough situations, such as Morgan Freeman and the main character in the former, and how Tom Cruise and Cuba Gooding Jr. formed something by quality over quantity. Connect with people, be vulnerable, and don't be afraid if some people dismiss you because you're angsty--someone may come over to the corner and buy you a beer, hear you out, and let you know that one bad moment isn't going to color you forever. 

As for you, Rara (I quoted you after all), good you found a way to compartmentalize. Don't change your avatar--you'll always be remembered as Twilight Link to me. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Hey, I cultivate, but I'm a hardcore Nintendo nerd. Been playing even since the Atari 2600, had everything since the NES all the way to the Switch (okay, I skipped the Wii U, but I did have a Virtual Boy!). Actually, you can find inspiration even in nerd culture, whether it's the comics or games I'm exposed to--playing Dark Souls or Bloodborne made me laugh because the parrying technique is a lot like what I naturally do when sparring or brawling--shift to the side and strike while simultaneously parrying and then a visceral attack in the back or dragging the opponent backwards and holding his head in control. 

There was a wonderful article I read about the kinds of friends we have, and obviously, we need to compartmentalize. For the friend who is great to have drinks and shoot darts at the pub with, he may be fun for that, but he may also not be the person you go to if you need to borrow money (chances are he may want to borrow from you more), nor is he one for giving relationship advice or understand spiritual matters. Likewise, your spiritual friends may not inspire you to be human, and luckily, my cultivation Bros play video games, read tarot cards, listen to hard rock classics from Tool and Rage Against the Machine to Stone Temple Pilots and Guns N' Roses, get together and do Zhan Zhuang, occasionally have beers, and if in the same country, go on road trips. 

Be human first, then let the friends come your way. Be a friend too I say to the OP. 

I see you're angsty now OP, and I hear you. I was that way too and am that way at times when I feel like the world could use better people. 

Go watch the movies Stand By Me and American Pie. See what it's like to have the right friends and how even those friendships can drift apart. Hell, go watch The Shawshank RedemptionJerry Maguire, and see what quality friendships are like in tough situations, such as Morgan Freeman and the main character in the former, and how Tom Cruise and Cuba Gooding Jr. formed something by quality over quantity. Connect with people, be vulnerable, and don't be afraid if some people dismiss you because you're angsty--someone may come over to the corner and buy you a beer, hear you out, and let you know that one bad moment isn't going to color you forever. 

As for you, Rara (I quoted you after all), good you found a way to compartmentalize. Don't change your avatar--you'll always be remembered as Twilight Link to me. 

Oh sure, don't get me wrong. There is so much greatness in games, and I am currently slowly (very slowly) playing through the RE2 remake. But everything else comes first. For me, being self-employed, a musician and taiji guy certainly limits my time greatly, as I like to eat fresh and get my sleep in as well. I just found getting competitive in gaming was extra stress, whereas at uni, I'd happily take aiming for Tekken Lord over actual kung fu practice.

"Compartmentalize"...that's a great word to use.

But my point is, my life is healthier this way, rather than doing 9-5 then coming home, cracking beers open and playing for 4-5 hours and repeating the pattern.

Btw, with that music taste, you and I are going to have to hang at some point haha. I grew up on all that, but I run the risk of derailing this thread if I continue!

And ok, Twilight Link can stay. Although, Twilight is in fact the weakest Zelda game imo...or maybe M.M? Again, must....not...derail...

Edited by Rara
  • Like 3