Sign in to follow this  
Jamie552

Max Christensen's Kunlun or Jenny Lamb's YiGong?

I was wondering if anybody is still practicing either of these systems and wouldn't mind highlighting the differences between them for me. I've been attracted to Kunlun for the "water path" description that Max has given it, he advertised it as a path to purify the body and kundalini from the top down as opposed to raising energy from the root up through Yogic practices

The claim is that Jenny Lamb's spontaneous Yi Gong is identical to Max's central Kunlun method, and that Jenny provides more foundational Qi practices alongside her method to help with grounding and health, whereas Max's practice is coupled with other advanced practices to facilitate purification and awakening (Red Phoenix, Red Dragon, 5 Elements etc.)

Any information would be helpful, thanks :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jamie552 said:

The claim is that Jenny Lamb's spontaneous Yi Gong is identical to Max's central Kunlun method, and that Jenny provides more foundational Qi practices alongside her method to help with grounding and health, whereas Max's practice is coupled with other advanced practices to facilitate purification and awakening (Red Phoenix, Red Dragon, 5 Elements etc.)

That sounds like a good summation to me.  If you´re interested in pursuing this I´d get a copy of Jenny´s Self-Healing dvd. Max says that his "kunlun" is different, but having practiced both I don´t see what the difference is.  Perhaps the intention of practice?  Personality-wise Jenny and Max have very different styles.  I´m not sure if Jenny is still teaching, believe Max is.  

• Like 1

In retrospect, I think a complete approach to any skill seems to be 1 part disciplined, technical, "doing" mastery and 1 part organic, NHB, "allowing" inspired artistry.  Think of a great musician or song...

The former portion would be some kind of consistent yoga or IMA practice, etc.  You don't attain the ability to do the splits or full lotus spontaneously...but by consistent effort, for example.

The latter portion would be like Kunlun, yigong, shaking (San Bushmen, Osho, etc).  And I would also include your regular life in this category too, lol.  A lot of breakthroughs are basically spiritual-biological processes that occur on their own when ready (Grace).  So, you can't systematize, paint-by-numbers, micromanage, manually DIY, schedule, or force them to happen.  In fact, you have to totally let loose and let go!  Because they are out of your control and will happen on their own (or not).

If you only do 1 or the other, you will hit a brick wall at some point...

That said, Kunlun is great!  It led me to my biggest awakenings, yet!  But I do think it is only 1/2 of the equation..

Edited by gendao
  • Like 7

46 minutes ago, gendao said:

That said, Kunlun is great!  It led me to my biggest awakenings, yet!  But I do think it is only 1/2 of the equation..

Didn´t know you are/were a Kunlun guy gendao.  That´s great -- me too.  Well, actually I haven´t practiced so much.  But I´m always intending to and making little stabs at it now and then.

Is Kunlun something you´re still doing?  Seems like so many people do it for awhile, get something out of it, but then stop for one reason or the other.  I was doing it really regularly for a spell and stopped when it started bringing up some difficult emotions.  In retrospect, I wish I´d kept going, worked through whatever was coming up.  Oh well, my "stuff" will still be there waiting for me when I next get to it.

• Like 2

^ Oh yea, I was there back in the "spiritual Woodstock workshop" days crisscrossing the country over 10 years ago, now!  That ish was cray-cray with people primal screaming and convulsing on the floor, lol!  I know we all got stories!

I bailed on home solo practice not too long after I felt like I stalled out...and wasn't getting many kriyas anymore.  I also tried a few other meditation methods with the same results (none).  I think that might have just meant I needed to do more remedial, disciplined methods to work out a lot of the nitty-gritty crap really ingrained in me.  Remember, even Max started out with a lot of physical martial arts training.  Which is what I eventually shifted into (physical foundation work) and have been doing for the last number of years.  As drewhempel says, "you can't fake the full lotus."

Anyways, I might start reincorporating a little more spontaneous shaking occasionally again, at this point...to balance out my rigorous routine.  I guess it could be like a seesaw you keep angling up or down as needed.

As far as tough emotions, I try NOT TO SHY AWAY and feel them so I can release them, especially in regular life wherever they organically arise...  I mean, that's one of the whole working mechanisms of practice and healing. 

For example, I actually was eventually able to recognize the old pattern replicated by the attempted outcasting of me by a clique...and acknowledged it to myself.  After which, it sort of peetered out like a raft I no longer needed on the other bank of the river.  So ultimately, it's all grist for the mill...if you know how to properly recognize and internalize it (NEIGONG/MIRROR WORK).

Anyways, my approach has largely been organic, often original, and DIY.  Like, most lately I've been zeroing in on reconnecting with some prime archetypal forces...which has led to some interesting experiences and trickle-down effects.

What about you?

Edited by gendao
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,

I opened up a thread but noone replied so I thought I ask directly those who engage in these practices:

Anyone practices pontaneous/ZifaGong with Music?

What Kind of Music do you "use/recommend"?

Do you focus your choice on spiritual qualities ("aura", "fragrance", "channeling", "peacefulness" ....) activating rhythm, relaxing mood, enhancing fluidity or hat else?

Thanks

I feel that the shaking practices bring a subtle layer of physichal and mental tensions which need to be released with great care after each practice session

• Like 1

Max's system has a number of influences. I've learned from a friend of his and a former student of Chris'. I can't speak on what Max teaches but it has been seriously recommended to us to study with him if we can. One of my Xingyi brothers is an apprentice, it's really helped up his life.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this