manitou

Wow, great forum

Hello friends,

I'm a 12-stepper of 27 years, have walked the Tao to the best of my ability for the past 20. I've been looking for a forum like this. I'm very glad to be here.

• Like 1

Hello friends,

I'm a 12-stepper of 27 years, have walked the Tao to the best of my ability for the past 20. I've been looking for a forum like this. I'm very glad to be here.

so your a friend of Bill W.'s? welcome.

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome. I can't really figure out how this is set up. I hope you get this reply.

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome. I can't really figure out how this is set up. I hope you get this reply.

what do you need to know? what are you having trouble with?

Hi,

This is technoligically challenging to me. To comment on a thread, how do you do it without doing an entire quote of the person previous to you? Have we created a thread by our several messages back and forth? What is guided mode?

Are you a friend of Bill's as well?

On 3/5/2008 at 6:22 PM, manitou said:

Hello friends,

Hello manitou, It's a pleasure to meet you.  *Daniel bows deeply to manitou in honor of 39 years*

( it was 27 in 2008, that means it's 39 years now )

• Like 2

On 2008-03-06 at 7:25 AM, manitou said:

This is technoligically challenging to me. To comment on a thread, how do you do it without doing an entire quote of the person previous to you? Have we created a thread by our several messages back and forth? What is guided mode?

Are you a friend of Bill's as well?

Welcome Manitou 🙏

This website is a message board. There are many sections that are specific to certain types of discussion. Within each section people create a “thread” with a title. And then people respond to these threads. 

For instance, you created a thread called “wow, great forum” in the “Welcome” section and all of these replies are specific to this thread you created.

You do not have to quote to reply. You can simply scroll to the very bottom of any thread and there will be a reply option. This will allow you to type a response and hit submit reply. There are many options in this reply box for stylization, links, etc...

Sometimes you will want to quote someone which is what the “quote reply” function is for. You can go in and erase parts of the quote if you are only referencing a short section. Obviously don’t alter the quote.

If you want to speak completely privately you can click on a users profile and send them a “Private Message” or PM. 

Hope this may assist your technological challenges. Feel free to send me a PM if you need.

Cheers,

E. S. A.

The Wanderer

1 minute ago, E. S. A. said:

Welcome Manitou 🙏

This website is a message board. There are many sections that are specific to certain types of discussion. Within each section people create a “thread” with a title. And then people respond to these threads. 

For instance, you created a thread called “wow, great forum” in the “Welcome” section and all of these replies are specific to this thread you created.

You do not have to quote to reply. You can simply scroll to the very bottom of any thread and there will be a reply option. This will allow you to type a response and hit submit reply. There are many options in this reply box for stylization, links, etc...

Sometimes you will want to quote someone which is what the “quote reply” function is for. You can go in and erase parts of the quote if you are only referencing a short section. Obviously don’t alter the quote.

If you want to speak completely privately you can click on a users profile and send them a “Private Message” or PM. 

Hope this may assist your technological challenges. Feel free to send me a PM if you need.

Cheers,

E. S. A.

The Wanderer

Thank you for the clarification.  However, my technical challenges were in 2008.  It's now 2020 and I'm doing pretty well with all this.

Welcome to this wonderful website, Wanderer.  You snagged a very old thread on that one.  Check the dates of the post, for future reference.

Oh geeez haha. I saw Daniels post yesterday and just assumed. Totally my bad. I will be more diligent in the future 😂 glad to see you have become technologically awakened. Lol.

Cheers. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, manitou said:

Thank you for the clarification.  However, my technical challenges were in 2008.  It's now 2020 and I'm doing pretty well with all this.

Welcome to this wonderful website, Wanderer.  You snagged a very old thread on that one.  Check the dates of the post, for future reference.

There are time travellers in this board :)

• Haha 1