Sign in to follow this  
exorcist_1699

Qi vs Virus

As a guy who has been experiencing  the disasters of  two  epidemics caused by first the SARS virus , then  currently the Coronavirus, I am confident to say that  qi is something that makes you virus-proof . I was  living just 20 meters  from the most infected Estate , the Amoy Garden  where in just one block of  it   40 persons were killed,  when  the SARS epidemic struck Hong Kong in 2003 . I never worried  wearing any medical mask although I always went to  the mentioned estate for visits, sometimes  deliberately to test the qi inside me. Nor do I get any  mask to wear in recent days when hundreds or thousand of people , fear of the new Coronavirus , are before dawn  queuing up in front of  dispensaries for  buying  some medical masks before they open . Epidemic ,the more serious it is,the better for qigong practitioners to test their competency.

Qi definitely can kill  virus, whatever forms they are in , or whatever forms they are going to change into . It simply is   because qi is more " fundamental "  than DNA of living things , and represents the utmost life energy .  For example , when your  PC is attacked by computer virus  and stops working  , and after many efforts to cure it you fail,  then the final solution you think of is to format your hard disk and make it return to its  original status , that basic  series of  0011001110..( yin and yang in the case of Qi  )  appeared as some kind of software stationed in the MBR of the hard disk..

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, exorcist_1699 said:

For example , when your  PC is attacked by computer virus  and stops working  , and after many efforts to cure it you fail,  then the final solution you think of is to format your hard disk and make it return to its  original status , that basic  series of  0011001110..( yin and yang in the case of Qi  )  appeared as some kind of software stationed in the MBR of the hard disk..

I like this analolgy. I find I have to at least clear my cache quite often!

On 03/02/2020 at 6:23 PM, Rara said:

I like this analolgy. I find I have to at least clear my cache quite often!

Thanks. Qi is in fact from emptiness, so of course more basic than any other forms of livings. However,  in the area of modern science,  people are accustomed to separating  subjects of knowledge and technology, and cannot understand Taoist approach. Physicsts Hawking and Feymann  get different diseases and suffered from them , yet nobody will think that because they are experts in black hole, gravitation, sub-particles ..., the basic stuff of this universe ,  then they should be able to cure  themselves and not going to see doctors who are experts in dealing  with  things mainly at other levels say cell and molecular levels..

In the case  of qigong practice , we get a very strange approach:   once people  can mobilise qi,  and can sustain an emptied mind for minutes ,for example, then they start to get their fate in their  own hands , not relying on other so-called experts.  Qi is so basic,  just with a correct grasp of shen, it becomes god-like and solve all our problems  ;  how strange an approach it is .

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 5

Not dismissing your achievements, but often life has a way of tripping you up when you start feeling invulnerable. Call it God's great banana skin. Be confident in your resilience, for sure, but don't be reckless. Make sure you wear a mask, stay safe. Life is too precious. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just came across an article on COPD, but coronavirus was also thrown into the mix. Thought I'd share :)

Screenshot_20200206-120733_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200206-120625_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 8:19 AM, exorcist_1699 said:

As a guy who has been experiencing  the disasters of  two  epidemics caused by first the SARS virus , then  currently the Coronavirus, I am confident to say that  qi is something that makes you virus-proof . I was  living just 20 meters  from the most infected Estate , the Amoy Garden  where in just one block of  it   40 persons were killed,  when  the SARS epidemic struck Hong Kong in 2003 . I never worried  wearing any medical mask although I always went to  the mentioned estate for visits, sometimes  deliberately to test the qi inside me. Nor do I get any  mask to wear in recent days when hundreds or thousand of people , fear of the new Coronavirus , are before dawn  queuing up in front of  dispensaries for  buying  some medical masks before they open . Epidemic ,the more serious it is,the better for qigong practitioners to test their competency.

Qi definitely can kill  virus, whatever forms they are in , or whatever forms they are going to change into . It simply is   because qi is more " fundamental "  than DNA of living things , and represents the utmost life energy .  For example , when your  PC is attacked by computer virus  and stops working  , and after many efforts to cure it you fail,  then the final solution you think of is to format your hard disk and make it return to its  original status , that basic  series of  0011001110..( yin and yang in the case of Qi  )  appeared as some kind of software stationed in the MBR of the hard disk..

Thank you, very inspiring!

Do you know at which stage - foundation, Jing to Qi ... - one gains the immunity?

Also I assume it's the same for pathogenic bacteria, fungi, mold, right?

Are you still in HK? If you are in China you might get a drone asking you to wear a mask :lol:

On 2020/2/8 at 11:02 PM, KuroShiro said:

Are you still in HK? If you are in China you might get a drone asking you to wear a mask :lol:

Thanks your concern. I am still in HK . Medical masks have  become something so precious that I think better leave others who really need them to have it . :P

• Like 1

On 2020/2/8 at 11:02 PM, KuroShiro said:

Do you know at which stage - foundation, Jing to Qi ... - one gains the immunity?

Also I assume it's the same for pathogenic bacteria, fungi, mold, right?

Likely people who , at the initial stage of  their capability of mobilizing qi ,  will  find  themselves begin to heal some  minor disease like  a cold or some ringworm(mold) on hip ;  it  then proceeds to heal more serious ringworm between toes ,  heal  hemorrhoids and other not malicious tumors ; Furthermore it  can be something like syphilis (bacteria) and serious epidemic like bird flu( virus ) ,then cancer..  , so it can be many forms.

Qi is nourished from jing ,  so its  healing power  is proportional to the  quality of  jing inside  ; as we always do many things in daily life to  undermine  our life energy , so qi's  power  can be fluctuating.  How good the quality of our qi  power can be judged by the following :

1) Whether there is sex pleasure or heat arisen when your qi is mobilized?
2) Whether there is a light, delicate flow of current , inside or around your body , instead of your sensing only something  dull and heavy ? 
3) Whether you find your qi expand , eliminate your sense of the body boundary and make you feel immersing yourself with the outside world..etc.

Of course,  there are also spiritual proofs  say whether qi  makes you sustain an emptied mind much easier ; the appearance of some dot/shape of light unintentionally before you , not necessarily in front of your  eyes..etc . 

A  simpler form of qi healing can be just a projection of your spirit , it may looks similar to other  religions' ;   for example, some Christian clergy , totally not known  of any qi  theory,  just  via praying   , can do some healing on people. However, from the standpoint of Taoism , any healing ability has to  be sustained by jing and qi,  so  as the  healer   gets  older or   overuses his  power  ,  he may   lose it   ( In fact, this is true for all supernatural abilities  , not necessary healing power ) .

I think the significance of  Taoist jing-qi-shen path of gaining healing power is to  show people  a more touchable, controllable series of steps of how  it  arises, sublimates   then turn  into  purer spiritual form, preventing  people from falling  into  Mysticism . 

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2020/2/5 at 4:10 AM, Vajra Fist said:

Not dismissing your achievements, but often life has a way of tripping you up when you start feeling invulnerable. Call it God's great banana skin. Be confident in your resilience, for sure, but don't be reckless. Make sure you wear a mask, stay safe. Life is too precious. 

Thanks your concern.  Hardly do I view it as any  kind of achievement  at all . Only because I need some examples to elaborate my points do I mention them . 

• Like 1

@exorcist_1699 -  can you tell us a little about your qigong practice?   I'm always interested in the methods people practice to build their qi and jing.  

Thanks... 

• Like 1

I had a staph infection for a while that was made worse by taking antibiotics.

The so called expert at the hospital swore that the original wound deep in the joint of my finger was an injury sustained by intravaneous drug use.

It was not.

I was a commercial fisherman at the time and was stuck in the finger with a fishspine. My finger swole to twice the size and felt like a hammer smashed it for a few days by the time I went to the hospital.

The skipper of the boat I was fishing on was telling the guy he new for a fact it was a fishing injury and tried to assure the guy I wasnt on drugs. He actually laughed and said that fish spines weren't made out of cellulose which still baffles me to this day; niether is an IV needle made out of cellulose but that doesn't stop it from carrying bacteria deep into the tissue.

At any rate they put me on an IV drip that they later told me was the first half of the powerful antibiotic they were giving me and told me I'd have to come back the next day for another run. After I did that they said I'd need to follow up with a oral antibiotics while I recovered from the IV antibiotics.

They had cut open the wound and wrenched it out which was probably all they needed to do

The whole time I was taking the oral antibiotics I could not help but notice that the wound never stopped draining puss.

A week or two after I ran out of the oral antibiotics I started breaking out in boils all over my body which I still have scars from.

All over my body, on my spine, my face, all the places that they say you should be worried of you have a bacterial infection due to proximity to the brain and CNS.

At one point I could run my hand on my neck and jaw and my beared hair just sloughed off leaving it hairless. I could press my jaw o er by my ear and neck and puss would ooze out of a hole in my chin. I could put a q-tip in one hole and pull it out of another hole.

Any placey skin would break from the tiniest of scratches would turn into a festering wound with the flesh eating away. Boils would pop up everywhere 

I'd let the boils gett massive and pop them and clean them out and try to keep them clean. They kept coming and coming. I had a morbid fascination with how disgusting and horrific it all was.

I lost toenails from boils forming beneath the nail.

I had holes in my body that would fill with tiny flies, that I would brush off to get them out and they would pour out for like twenty seconds like tiny bats flying out of a cave.

When I would pop a boil I would feel so much relief as muscle tension all around my body suddenly relaxxed and the cool puss ran down my enflamed skin.

One night I could not sleep because when I payed in the dark it was agaony. This pain in my foot was so great I had to take a nice and stab onto my foot from the underside to go through the thick skin to Lance a boil that relieved so much tension it felt like a deep tissue massage in my shoulders.

At some point I realized in a moment of clarity that I was going to die. The realization got me foccussed Wich pulled me out of a certain mental and energetic state

I became super foccussed and determined to beat the infection. I became very present and productive, cleaning and focussing on projects, acting very deliberate about all of my moves.

I stopped messing with the boils, stopped popping them, but I showered at least a couple of times a day where I would wash out and over all of the boils and open wounds, but did not pop any.

I was washing them before, but I was tweaking out on them with q tips and things. I stopped doing that and simply foccussed my mind.

Boils still emerged grew and burst over the next week or two, but less and less and I could tell I had beat it in an instant and now it was just playing itself out. It basicly peaked right after I decided to beat it which was the moment my qi really started flowing.  My own life force kicking in pushed it out and gave it nothing to grab hold of.

Everyone told me staph is impossible to beat and I needed antibiotics. Antibiotics wiped out my immune system and the bacteria took over with nothing to fight it off.

Now that I beat it inspite of antibiotics I have a powerful immune system and haven't been even slightly sick since then and no wound has shown any sign of even the slightest infection.

Edited by ion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 2020/2/12 at 10:11 AM, Fu_doggy said:

@exorcist_1699 -  can you tell us a little about your qigong practice?   I'm always interested in the methods people practice to build their qi and jing.  

Thanks... 

Hi,  Nothing seems to be significant about my qigong practice. If there were some  , I already posted them here . Most of them are reflections  when I read the Chinese  classical qigong/TCM/acupuncture writings   and their applications on my or  acquaintances' bodies .  

I had dengue fever a couple years ago and used medical qigong to great affect, as in the worst it got was I puked once and pooped strange for a couple weeks.

Let say  you get a malicious tumor in your brain ,  right inside your consciousness , and  it develops quickly daily , can you , by using your mind only , to squeeze it , burn it ,  chop  it  off..because it is that close  , that  touchable ? The true is  , by  whatever ways of visualizing or mind concentration of getting rid of it , you likely fail .  Not only because when you were told by the doctor of the  existence of the brain cancer scared you , plunged you into great panic that makes you confused and discouraged   , but also because the gap between the mind and the tumor is  so far away  beyond reach  despite  of its being  "inside you " . Maybe some medium inbetween is needed ?

Say if  you deal with it from a Taoist way, from a way related to jing and qi, then the result can be very different. In  TCM , Taoist expression in medicine , our brain  is called  "髓海 " (" Sea of marrow") , which is linked to our spine and down to the lowest part of our body  where  our yang-qi arises. In fact, our spine and brain is just the material expression  that some mammals developed in order to get  a higher  form of  shen . Capable of sublimate jing into qi  , even then qi into shen  ( the so-called  "reversing jing upwards so as  to nourish the brian "   (' 還精補腦 ' )  )will definitely help you healing diseases in your brain , more effective than just using some kind of visualization or mind concentration , which is something still entangled in the realm of daily consciousness, some kind of yin-typed of mind .

This likely is also true for nerve damage when  people hurt their spinal cord. In fact it is very difficult for you to visualize your nerve cells to regenerate themselves because  they  differentiated and become too mature, you need  some more "original" , more basic cells , the so-called stem cells,  to do the job  .  In terms of Taoist medical treatment  , no life force is more original , delicate and  effective than jing and qi provided that  you fulfill some  precondition  :  In  that status of paralysis and pain, you still get a clear mind , not a defeatist mind , and can initialize qi even in  a lying down posture, which is much more difficult than a sitting one. 

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this