Sign in to follow this  
Mspitzer65

Cultivation technique???

So I am a late beginner and was just hoping someone, could shoot some light my direction. I did exercise alot but after my baby was born haven't had the time I do exercises after work but not alot. Hoping someone for know could help me. Search alot on the site but not what I was hoping for. O is body refining pills a thing I can make my self. Any info good or bad helps along the way.

• Like 2

(Parent and cultivator speaking)

This is a perfect time to begin meditation again - and you actually have plenty of time:

When you put your child down you generally need to stay by their side for a time - this is a great time to meditate for a bit. 

As they grow older you will generally need to read to them and then as they drift off you will need to stay around for at least 20 minutes or more in case they open up an eye and find you gone and then they will cry and you have to start all over again.

So as they drift off - meditate 

You may only meditate for 20 minutes but you will find that if you meditate for an hour or more you will need less sleep and be far more able to handle stress of any kind. However 20 minutes will also help along these lines in the same way!

This will go a long way to a wonderful lightness of Being with your child and in life in general.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Mspitzer65 said:

Thx, is there any special technique or is it just meditation?

I sat in full lotus or half lotus on a cushioned upholstered chair and may have also meditated in a full upright sitting position with my feet on the floor.

”just meditation” brought Awakening on that chair. 

Meditation with awareness in the center of the head - an embodied non-trance meditation.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

Hi, Mspitzer65:
Do the lotus sitting as suggested above but you must do slow deep breathing constantly. It is because you will need lots of oxygen for your body to perform all the activities of the internal organs. Even you are not sitting in a lotus position, you should do the slow deep breathing method as your normal breathing habit if you can. Breathing slowly means inhale and exhale slowly.

I am sure you will feel the difference in your health condition in few weeks or months.

BTW  Taiji is the best exercise to improve your health.

Returndragon

Edited by ReturnDragon
  • Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 12:50 PM, Mspitzer65 said:

So I am a late beginner and was just hoping someone, could shoot some light my direction. I did exercise alot but after my baby was born haven't had the time I do exercises after work but not alot. Hoping someone for know could help me. Search alot on the site but not what I was hoping for. O is body refining pills a thing I can make my self. Any info good or bad helps along the way.

Or maybe you are a beginning later! What is your gorgeous baby's name?  Ilumairen or taomeow is your best bet for women's help!  If, you do not get a quick response, try the front porch thread and gently, bump ilumairen awake, she rests because she has lived!  You may have much to share!

Edited by moment
  • Like 2

Welcome friend. 

You're sure to encounter some practical and helpful bits here.

My wife was spun deeply and penetratingly at the birth of our son.

We breathed and cried and hugged and laughed and ate and walked our way through it.

Peace and Love to your growing family from mine!

• Like 2

Thx for great responses, baby's name is Aiden Gene I plane on teaching him qi gong if I'm able to at young age. But I had a question hope u all can answer when I'm meditating with laying down or sitting lotus stance, I feel tingling every where back head arms legs and feet. Not sure if it's right what do I think about, I think about life energy but I am confused, I tried to find books on it but no luck as of yet.

I think most people get that tingly, legs falling asleep when they do sitting meditation, especially in lotus or half lotus.  Bit more unusual for it to be happening while laying down.  Perhaps a little stretching and light movement before hand could help.  Time helps.  You know what helps me keep it at bay longer, a trick I learned in Stillness Movement meditation- doing a rocking motion while I meditate.  A slight bob from the waist will allow me to sit longer.  That's after decades of trying to be still, I enjoy a slight bobbing. 

For sitting its good to prop up the butt a few inches with firm pillow.  In one room I have a yoga mat rolled up tight and sit on that.  For beginners its not so bad to lean against a wall a bit, but try to keep a straight back. 

Imo, for just sitting you don't need a whole lotta books and theory, no worries about life force.. just sit, quietly.  No worries, let thoughts settle.. what should happen will. 

Course as I guy I need gadgets & apps but most could and should live without them. 

Hi Mspitzer65,
I was curious about the tingling feeling on my fingers when I do Tai Chi. In general, you will not get a good answer from any practitioners. Since this is a physical thing in the human body. Therefore, I did a research by reading books on physiology to understand the human body.

What I had found out is that when we do exercise the blood circulate faster than normal. Hence, the pressure is higher when the blood reach the capillaries. The reaction of the capillaries is contract to neutralize the blood pressure, otherwise the capillaries will explode. The tingling feeling was from the contraction of the capillaries. It is completely normal inside the human body. I am happy with this explanation. There is nothing to worry about.

Good luck! Happy Qi Gong practice!

Edited by ReturnDragon

O ok thx when meditating for qi gone what should I think about to feel my dantin is there a way I should do it or don't think about anything. I thought I had to imagine the energy flowing in me or am I wrong?

Yes, don't think about anything. You just do the abdominal  breathing like when you were laboring but very slowly. In other words, you just concentrate on your breathing with your nose not your mouth. Indeed, your body will do the rest.

Edited by ReturnDragon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mspitzer65 said:

Just confused on the meditating I guess. I breath inhale exhale out of my nose and use my belly. Am I missing something.

It means just breathe like a baby. You breathe in with your belly expanded and contract inward when exhale. 

PS You must do it slowly. Just breathe as deep as you can but don't force yourself to go too deep. Otherwise, you might get dizzy as a beginner.

Edited by ReturnDragon
add: don't

12 minutes ago, ReturnDragon said:

Cold temperature is not good for a novice body. Please wait until you become a master.

So speaks someone who has no idea what he’s talking about as usual...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mspitzer65 said:

Question? Mediation outside in the cold where snow is. Can I do that or not recommend and why please

No, you cannot do that. You will lose your body temperature in the cold. You will have a greater cold temperature resistance later after proper practice. Beside, you don't want to breathe too much cold air into your lung. It is very bad for the lung.

Edited by ReturnDragon

34 minutes ago, ReturnDragon said:

No, you cannot do that. You will lose your body temperature in the cold. You will have a greater cold temperature resistance later after proper practice. Beside, you don't want to breathe too much cold air into your lung. It is very bad for the lung.

Besides how Wim Hof takes absolute beginners with his method up mountains, you're still giving bad advice as someone with no proper practice and are not even a master. 

Ignore all misinformation from ReturnDragon/ChiDragon!

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I'll wait to try it. If someone could explain if they could better I just want the dos and fonts before I do something don't want to hurt myself.

He can but not you. For your health and your baby sake, please stay away from it. Do it inside, not outside where you're at. Your body is not ready for that yet. Not for a long time anyway.

Edited by ReturnDragon

Sign in to follow this