Goku76

Levitation and possibly flight?

3 hours ago, ilumairen said:

But there isn't a next question. :lol:

Dang  .....   fish not  biting today          :(

If you like I can   violate  your rainbow body for you    ... ooops ... I  mean  scan  and  re-align   your rainbow body for you .

'Violate' is what you think I am doing ,  not what I think I'm doing , thats why I used a  wrong  term about what I was not doing and  ..... something ....  something  ....    errrmmmm ....

< does  a   runner >

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, SirPalomides said:

I do wish topics other than cool powers and preternatural phenomena got more attention here.

Like boring anthropological stuff examining the  essential nature of humanity  or even hermetics   ?      :)

• Like 2

On 2/5/2020 at 10:55 AM, ilumairen said:

I wish you well @GSmaster

It's been an interesting little stretch. Thank you for the time you shared with us.

Take care. 

He is back

• Haha 3

On 04/02/2020 at 3:14 PM, dwai said:

Yes. Simple...encourage a model of discourse such that people are civil to each other, in spite of differences of opinions. This is the reason the trouble-makers have been banned from here before. For those who can't self regulate, a public voting system should ensure whether they should lose their posting privileges for specific period of time. 

I don't think banning is a good solution -- but too many people hide behind their internet aliases and think it gives them the freedom to be asshats... Implementing a system where negative points will result in their posting privileges auto-suspending for 7 days etc might be far more productive. 

I support this. I'm here to share REAL Daoist discussions, it's a shame that said asshats are allowed to stick about.

If one goes to a school and behaves this way, one gets kicked out.

Edited by Rara
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rara said:

I support this. I'm here to share REAL Daoist discussions, it's a shame that said asshats are allowed to stick about.

If one goes to a school and behave this way, one gets kicked out.

It would be nice if it was possible to create a personal section on here and only allow a few people, who are knowledgeable, friendly, and who are on similar paths, to see it and join in. 

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Rara said:

If one goes to a school and behave this way, one gets kicked out.

Right, we should kick out the undisciplined people who didn’t follow the rules in the say something nice about someone thread! :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

It would be nice if it was possible to create a personal section on here and only allow a few people, who are knowledgeable, friendly, and who are on similar paths, to see it and join in. 

Funnily enough, I just asked for one. That might take a while.

Ugh, me as usual showing up way too late for stuff. I need to be kicked out for lazy attendance.

2 minutes ago, Rara said:

Ugh, me as usual showing up way too late for stuff. I need to be kicked out for lazy attendance.

Nah, we will just have you do 100 knuckle push-ups. Then 200 double pump jump squats. And 300 ab crunches.

Get to it! Or I’ll bring the flog!

• Haha 1

On 22/02/2020 at 4:03 PM, Rara said:

Oooh, my ego, quoting myself!

Actually, I liked the shuffle where Daoist Discussion eventually ended up above GD on this forum. Maybe Personal Practice should be bumped up as well.

People that want to come here to learn should see inviting stuff. Otherwise, they'll come here with high expectations, see all these threads and be like "Wow, those Daoists are horrible people"

It's a big thing that major religions struggle with - bad PR due to a select few that shout and attack bigger and bigger so that the peaceful philosophy gets drowned out.

Can't we all get back on the down-low? Take a leaf out of the monks' books...

Edited by Rara
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rara said:

In all seriousness, someone should be able to host a thread. I would volunteer, but I am wondering if I can do something on an invitation basis, but everyone else has observer status and posts questions to a sibling thread or something like that to control quality. Not sure how to go about it though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

Right, we should kick out the undisciplined people who didn’t follow the rules in the say something nice about someone thread! :D

That's right. First, beat them with a stick though.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Nah, we will just have you do 100 knuckle push-ups. Then 200 double pump jump squats. And 300 ab crunches.

Get to it! Or I’ll bring the flog!

Lol, you read my mind...see what I just posted above?

It's time to bring the old school flogging back. Seems to be the only way.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

In all seriousness, someone should be able to host a thread. I would volunteer, but I am wondering if I can do something on an invitation basis, but everyone else has observer status and posts questions to a sibling thread or something like that to control quality. Not sure how to go about it though.

Sounds constructive to me!

Just now, Rara said:

Sounds constructive to me!

I will think this through and then start something in my PPD. Starting with a discussion on what we want there and what we don’t want.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

You can do that in a PPF.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gatito said:

You can do that in a PPF.

That is what I was referring to. ;) My point was more towards how to control who gets in and out short of deleting unwanted posts.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

That is what I was referring to. ;) My point was more towards how to control who gets in and out short of deleting unwanted posts.

Does it really matter?

2 minutes ago, gatito said:

Does it really matter?

If I host it, I certainly don’t want someone who claims to have power and looks like this: