Goku76

Levitation and possibly flight?

Is he really leaving?  If I was a more spiritually evolved person I would, like ilumairen, sincerely wish him well.  Someday I hope to be that person.  As for right now, the best I can do is say I don´t wish him harm.

This has been a difficult chapter in my Dao Bums history.  I don´t like fighting with people and usually manage to avoid it.  While I don´t believe I have anything to apologize for, if I had it to do over I would say a few things differently.  If I´d had my emotional intelligence cap on I would have realized from the get-go that nothing positive would come from mentioning GSM in the first place.

@sean I´m left wondering where we are now as a board and as a community.  Are there still rules?  Is it now OK to insult, to threaten? Many prefer a more anything-goes atmosphere but not me.  I´d prefer more active moderation, though I realize that´s a lot of work and I´m not volunteering for the job.

Part of the answer, for me anyway, is to do a better job of moderating the way I use the board.  This is perhaps more important than any external policing or lack of policing.  Who do I choose to engage with?  Which threads do I welcome into my mindspace?  TDB is a large and varied buffet offering many nourishing and scrumptious dishes.  I still believe this.  But not everything suits my digestion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My guess is that @sean is handling DB as one would handle a large nation, or a small fish...

Don't over-meddle and things will sort out to their natural order.

Some folks will leave, others will arrive.

Trolls will come and bluster and  then leave.

Others will arrive.

Will our constant meddling fix them, stop them?

I tend to ignore and walk away, except when I don't, then I engage fully and as sincerely as i am capable.

Mostly i tend my own garden and protect what i find precious.

I find more strength in striving to protect what I love and appreciate... than in slinging shit toward what i despise.

muddiest waters

undisturbed by meddling

rest in clarity

I've found that the most vehement of trolls do not linger over long.  Anyone remember Isimziz Biri?  or Hancock?  or ______?

Just as the most violent storms soon blow themselves out, trolls cannot maintain such virulent passions for long.

They cannot maintain the inertia on their own. 

Fire requires three things to burn.  Fuel, Heat and Oxygen.  Remove any one and the fire dies quickly.

Trolls I have found, to thrive, require Acknowledgement, Engagement and to be taken Personally.

Remember that not everyone who talks to you, sees you.

Remember not every comment, merits a response.

Remember that the universe is not happening to you, but through you.

one of my most potent realizations this life was to stop taking the universe personally.

qualified observers.

Perhaps alongside the Bums I am Missing thread, we should have a Troll Hall of Remembrance?

To honor the path we've walked together and the bogs we've walked through and come out again.

our true nature is spotless... we can't by words or deeds be sullied, tainted or broken.

who can drive a nail into the sky and hang a picture on it claiming 'the sky is retarded and fucked"?

I'd love to levitate physically again, i'm exponentially more grateful for learning to levitate internally...

Sincerity, Silence, Clarity, Emptiness...

awake is not 'out there somewhere'... it's right here, now if anywhere.

and it's utterly bouyant

Shunryu Suzuki's description of Waking resonates.

"Enlightenment is just like normal life, only two inches off the ground."

Levitating for me, is an internal process.

Edited by silent thunder
added the bouyant comment
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ilumairen said:

I wish you well @GSmaster

It's been an interesting little stretch. Thank you for the time you shared with us.

Take care. 

Don't worry he will be back.

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

My guess is that @sean is handling DB as one would handle a large nation, or a small fish...

Don't over-meddle and things will sort out to their natural order.

Some folks will leave, others will arrive.

Trolls will come and bluster and  then leave.

Others will arrive.

Will our constant meddling fix them, stop them?

I tend to ignore and walk away, except when I don't, then I engage fully and as sincerely as i am capable.

Mostly i tend my own garden and protect what i find precious.

I find more strength in striving to protect what I love and appreciate... than in slinging shit toward what i despise.

muddiest waters

undisturbed by meddling

rest in clarity

I've found that the most vehement of trolls do not linger over long.  Anyone remember Isimziz Biri?  or Hancock?  or ______?

Just as the most violent storms soon blow themselves out, trolls cannot maintain such virulent passions for long.

They cannot maintain the inertia on their own. 

Fire requires three things to burn.  Fuel, Heat and Oxygen.  Remove any one and the fire dies quickly.

Trolls I have found, to thrive, require Acknowledgement, Engagement and to be taken Personally.

Remember that not everyone who talks to you, sees you.

Remember not every comment, merits a response.

Remember that the universe is not happening to you, but through you.

one of my most potent realizations this life was to stop taking the universe personally.

qualified observers.

Perhaps alongside the Bums I am Missing thread, we should have a Troll Hall of Remembrance?

To honor the path we've walked together and the bogs we've walked through and come out again.

our true nature is spotless... we can't by words or deeds be sullied, tainted or broken.

who can drive a nail into the sky and hang a picture on it claiming 'the sky is retarded and fucked"?

I'd love to levitate physically again, i'm exponentially more grateful for learning to levitate internally...

Sincerity, Silence, Clarity, Emptiness...

awake is not 'out there somewhere'... it's right here, now if anywhere.

and it's utterly bouyant

Shunryu Suzuki's description of Waking resonates.

"Enlightenment is just like normal life, only two inches off the ground."

Levitating for me, is an internal process.

I perform the Anjali Mudra an offer you my respect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, silent thunder said:

t @sean

To honor the path we've walked together and the bogs we've walked through 

In the moderation logs 

You will find 

Remembrance lost 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

In the moderation logs 

You will find 

Remembrance lost 

Entry into the Troll Hall of remembrance is a trophy every troll wishes for. Can you imagine the legendary status they would have acquired...now they can fly across the universe riding their third eye AND be immortalized on the internet! :o 

Edited by dwai
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, moment said:

"There are 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

------ The Blues Brothers

Hit it -->

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cleansox said:

In the moderation logs 

You will find 

Remembrance lost 

Ha!  true story.

The thread already exists, thanks for the reminder :P

9 hours ago, moment said:

We are all guilty of feeding this thread.  Many of us have more positive intentions but, our feeding of it, is keeping it viable..  As of lately, Walker and ilumairen have been good examples for TDB. An example that I hope newbies see for what it is-- TRUE SPIRITUAL CULTIVATION, that comes with a lot of patience and time. GSmaster has promised to leave, we will see if he keeps his word, that too, will say much. We need to get together on some system of ignore that lets newbies see some things more clearly.  Without sean taking responsibilty for his inactions, I have no idea how this can be done.  Without some type of BALANCED moderation, TDB will get a reputation beyond this site that will harm us for years to come..

Yeah .... like I said, I guess people just wt to do this.   In my experience , people dont leave that say they re going to ... not when they say that , at least.   I still think 'the system' should be 'the pit' , it was restricted and people could slug it out in the mud in  private room with  door in, if you wanted to 'play'  or a 'watching window' for the morbidly inclined  :) .

Regarding Sean and 'inaction' ,    ummmmmm   .....  'Daoist '  forum     ;)

'Funny ' thing is ; look at my join date and number of posts . I have probably been to the Daoist section of the forum once or twice before, but never really posted here ( I was first attracted and mostly stayed in the western esoteric section,  as I am not a 'learned Daoist' )  .

I m still wondering what the Daoist  view on levitation is though     :D 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Walker said:

Well, ahem, some people rather like a long, solid post.

I dont think our new friend likes big things .    He just told me I am on ignore as the images I posted are too big  and I need to reduce them   as he '   "  had to put me on ignore because of this  "  .   ( my 'evil laugh button' ) 

I know its ' not kosh'  to revel someone's PM on the forum  .... but , if I am on ignore  ... he won't know will he  ?  

51LRwzyAZnL._SL1000_.jpg

..... unless one of you arseholes  quote me    

:P

6 hours ago, SirPalomides said:

When I was growing up there was a series of popular children's books called "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark". You might have heard of them- a movie came out recently based on some of the stories. The second volume had a game called "Ghost in the Mirror" which involved dimming the lights, staring into the mirror, and repeating "Any ghost, any ghost." My brother and I did it and contorted manifestations began appearing on our faces. So I suspect if a children's game can accomplish it then it is not exactly something for "Heru" to boast about!

Indeed .   The best part was when ' Heru himself ' warned me not to do the trick he had been fooling gullible people with himself   :D 

You know, I actually made myself  n unpopular tarot leaader by not doing this .

Me;  " I see you have done well for yourself financially ."

Client ;  " Yes ... yes I have ,  you must be psychic . "

Me;  " Oh no , it just that you re covered in gold and diamond jewellery . "

:D     ( seriously, stuff like that happened all the time )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/4/2020 at 2:17 AM, liminal_luke said:

I´ve always been intrigued by mirror work.  Some people say fantastic transformations are possible just by staring wordlessly in a mirror.  Earl Grey once alluded to an esoteric mirror practice and I asked him by PM if he´d share.  He declined.  Well, that´s not really true: he said that the practice would likely be accesible to me but would require an online meeting with a teacher and a substantial investment of time and money.  

Well, the Dao works in mysterious ways: I´ve stumbled onto an effective mirror practice right here on TDB and for free!  Funny though, it´s not nearly so fun as I´d imagined.

On 2/4/2020 at 6:10 AM, Nungali said:

I offer free advise and technique all the time ... no money .... no PMs ....  nuffin .   so, its worth nothing    ha haa HAR  :D

Even though I got   me real  'multiple field' , cross-referenced  learning  and experience  :)

1. As a teen  I had a Malaysian  friend at school - no one liked him as he was 'weird'  ( ie. Malaysian  :rolleyes: ) . I found him different and interesting. One time, he shows me another of his interesting cultural sides ; "  I  will show you how I can turn into a demon . "

He sets two chairs up facing each other in the darkened garage , and we sit on them, our faces close and I'm instructed to stare. After a while his face morphs into demonic  cat like weirdness . I was startled by it at first, then curious of the phenomena .   He said you could do it yourself in front of  mirror .  I tried it - freaky  . . .   yep, you can see your 'demon self' in the mirror ... just have to get the right distance right   ( hint hint ) .

2. In later life after I took up ritual magick  and included the practice of 'assumption of God forms ' *  I tried the mirror trick and could get my face to 'morph' into  likeness of various Egyptian Gods  .... neat trick .

3. Much later, I had  meeting with  guy who claimed to be a reincarnation of 'Heru'  and had  a bunch of Aboriginals believing him and following him as a  cult leader ( this was the phony that had claimed to translate the  phony 'Egyptian' hieroglyphics found in Australia ) .  I was being cheeky and  sceptical to him ... as usual ....  so he decided to put me in my place ; darkened the room, sat the required distance away , gave me a stern look and his face transformed into an eagle's face .  So I  do it back to him, choosing  my 'God form' meditation for Djehuti .  He nearly jumped out of his skin    :D    I dont know if he saw me with an Ibis face or what ( he never said what he saw )  but he was shocked, then composed himself and says  " I see you have contact with the Gods "   then , hilariously warns me not to try  things like that with the Aboriginals  as they will ' see right through me '   :D    it was exactly what HE was tricking them with .   .... but I kinda thought he didnt really know the trick, he just stumbled upon it  and thought it was  'power'

There are people like us around , and people that know a bit and cash in on it  and  people that  know nothing of the  Mage's arts of illusion and trickery .... and dumbly believe and follow   ..   and  are hypnotised by the 'glamour'  ** of it all .

https://hermetic.com/stavish/rituals/godform

attractive or exciting quality that makes certain people or things seem appealing

enchantment; magic.

Witchcraft; magic charm; a spell affecting the eye, making objects appear different from what they really are

A kind of haze in the air, causing things to appear different from what they really are

Any artificial interest in, or association with, an object, or person, through which it or they appear delusively magnified or glorified.

Alluring beauty or charm

I aint got no glamour  ....     thank goodness     ... Imagine the types I would attract     ^_^

Yup, that mirror technique is similar to what we teach. I’m not permitted to teach yet though, so my Sifu does that.

It achieves exactly what you discuss on the base level. Higher levels, however— it does more without a mirror or nearness needed—even remote work with a photo can do stuff later.

What is intriguing is when people not doing the practice together watch from the side and see similar things too.

• Like 2

Seeing how this topic developed now that I’ve caught up, I’m going to say that there seems to be no moderation at all—anarchy at the moment is not bad, but permitting abnormal behavior and preaching tolerance (see my thread in the rabbit hole that led to me taking two weeks off for stress leave) is as concerning as villain of the week.

I saw a member who threatened me has returned to the forum recently (not in this thread), an action that once led to a suspension or a ban—and Sean did see the message where the member threatened me—threatening is now something that appears to be free of consequences, sadly.

At this point, it’s a lot more common to find self-initiates arguing they know better, conspiracists, threats, and other behavior that makes coming here less fun at times.

Then again, Buddha goes to hell because he is needed there more than in heaven to liberate others, so we should try to help alleviate each other and ourselves.

I still don’t want conspiracy nuts invading my threads or people trivializing it and saying be tolerant, but hey, at least what happened here with the unfortunate exchange is more relevant to show that we’re on our own since nobody is enforcing and moderating to cut things off before they get uglier.

”Are you there, God Sean? It’s me, Margaret Earl Grey.”

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 6

On 2/5/2020 at 5:25 AM, Rocky Lionmouth said:

@GSmaster 

I seek no war and i will recieve no war, there is no war between us regardless of your actions and words. 

Indeed. 

On 2/5/2020 at 12:00 PM, liminal_luke said:

Is he really leaving?  If I was a more spiritually evolved person I would, like ilumairen, sincerely wish him well.  Someday I hope to be that person.  As for right now, the best I can do is say I don´t wish him harm.

I made Tsok offerings my dear Luke, pacifying, purifying and satiating Tsok offerings of the illusory body for any angry, fearful, or vengeful energies which may have manifested through interactions in this thread.. any and all being welcomed to the feast which forgoes war. 

Not wishing harm is good imo, as is honesty. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ilumairen said:

I made Tsok offerings my dear Luke, pacifying, purifying and satiating Tsok offerings of the illusory body for any angry, fearful, or vengeful energies which may have manifested through interactions in this thread.. any and all being welcomed to the feast which forgoes war. 

and thank you ilumairen, because I'm a little wiser having learned about Tsok.  Finding a very nice story.  Like all things it links to recent experience.  

from Brief Teaching on the Practice of Tsok By Lama Tharchin Rinpoche

I have one story. A few years ago, we had a visitor from Europe who came to a tsok. He was very “professional” looking, dressed up like a yogi, with a topknot, wearing a meditation belt. When I first saw him I thought, “Wow, a real yogi came today!” Then we all did tsok together. I kept looking at his face, but it was very tight, lots of muscles very tense. At the end of the tsok offering, he came up to me and said, “Do you consider yourself a Buddhist?” I said, “Yeah, kind of.” He said, “What are you thinking, eating meat and drinking wine?! Not only that, but you put them on the shrine! How can you fit that into Buddhist philosophy?”

He was really seriously uptight! I felt that if I answered his question, it wouldn’t really penetrate, so I simply said, “Yeah, we’re bad Buddhists gathering here.” Then Khenpo Orgyen Thinley Rinpoché, who was new here at the time and didn’t speak much English, asked what was said. When I told him, he said, “That’s a really good answer! No more argument.” 

also

"..This body of ours is actually the mandala of deities. According to the Vajrayana view, all phenomena are the deity. Countless dakinis already exist in our own bodies. When scientists look into the body with their powerful microscopes, they see innumerable tiny bugs. Tantric practitioners see immeasurable deities and dakinis. We are feeding all of these deities with the inexhaustible wisdom nectar of the symbolic tsok substances. We can actually satisfy all deities with these physical bodies of ours. That’s an incredibly powerful practice. Understanding that nature, integrated with knowledge, faith, and devotion, merges all wisdom energies, mingling them in oneness."

Not one of my practices but I can learn from it when doing my own brachas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Indeed. 

You reminded me of  time long ago , on another forum  - when people got too silly or out of line or whatever  ....  I would post an appropriate  thangka as a response  :)

Mandala-designs.jpg

19 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Seeing how this topic developed now that I’ve caught up, I’m going to say that there seems to be no moderation at all—anarchy at the moment is not bad, but permitting abnormal behavior and preaching tolerance (see my thread in the rabbit hole that led to me taking two weeks off for stress leave) is as concerning as villain of the week.

I saw a member who threatened me has returned to the forum recently (not in this thread), an action that once led to a suspension or a ban—and Sean did see the message where the member threatened me—threatening is now something that appears to be free of consequences, sadly.

At this point, it’s a lot more common to find self-initiates arguing they know better, conspiracists, threats, and other behavior that makes coming here less fun at times.

Then again, Buddha goes to hell because he is needed there more than in heaven to liberate others, so we should try to help alleviate each other and ourselves.

I still don’t want conspiracy nuts invading my threads or people trivializing it and saying be tolerant, but hey, at least what happened here with the unfortunate exchange is more relevant to show that we’re on our own since nobody is enforcing and moderating to cut things off before they get uglier.

”Are you there, God Sean? It’s me, Margaret Earl Grey.”

This reminded me of  little story ;

I spoke to the Goddess last night  and I said ;  " Oh Goddess , there is so much pain and suffering in the world . "

Goddess :  "  There is ? "

Me ; " Of course there is . People are running round being cruel and spiteful, hurting and killing each other ."

Goddess; "  And they dont like that ? "

Me;  " NO .  Of course not . "

Goddess ;  "  Well, tell them to stop doing it then . "

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, thelerner said:

and thank you ilumairen, because I'm a little wiser having learned about Tsok.  Finding a very nice story.  Like all things it links to recent experience.  

from Brief Teaching on the Practice of Tsok By Lama Tharchin Rinpoche

I have one story. A few years ago, we had a visitor from Europe who came to a tsok. He was very “professional” looking, dressed up like a yogi, with a topknot, wearing a meditation belt. When I first saw him I thought, “Wow, a real yogi came today!” Then we all did tsok together. I kept looking at his face, but it was very tight, lots of muscles very tense. At the end of the tsok offering, he came up to me and said, “Do you consider yourself a Buddhist?” I said, “Yeah, kind of.” He said, “What are you thinking, eating meat and drinking wine?! Not only that, but you put them on the shrine! How can you fit that into Buddhist philosophy?”

He was really seriously uptight! I felt that if I answered his question, it wouldn’t really penetrate, so I simply said, “Yeah, we’re bad Buddhists gathering here.” Then Khenpo Orgyen Thinley Rinpoché, who was new here at the time and didn’t speak much English, asked what was said. When I told him, he said, “That’s a really good answer! No more argument.” 

also

"..This body of ours is actually the mandala of deities. According to the Vajrayana view, all phenomena are the deity. Countless dakinis already exist in our own bodies. When scientists look into the body with their powerful microscopes, they see innumerable tiny bugs. Tantric practitioners see immeasurable deities and dakinis. We are feeding all of these deities with the inexhaustible wisdom nectar of the symbolic tsok substances. We can actually satisfy all deities with these physical bodies of ours. That’s an incredibly powerful practice. Understanding that nature, integrated with knowledge, faith, and devotion, merges all wisdom energies, mingling them in oneness."

Not one of my practices but I can learn from it when doing my own brachas. 

Thanks for sharing this. 

The offerings I made are from the teachings of the Bön tradition, the Ngondro in particular, and didn't involve meat or wine, but an elaborate meditation - where in my own illusory body becomes both vessel for and offering itself, with purified karmic tendency and traits becoming the nectar shared by a lovely goddess able to calm and pacify the angry and fearful energies with enough flowing nectar to fill and satiate all in need. 

There's more to it, but this is enough for now. I suspect meat and wine would sit better with some. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

You reminded me of  time long ago , on another forum  - when people got too silly or out of line or whatever  ....  I would post an appropriate  thangka as a response  :)

Mandala-designs.jpg

How did you determine which was appropriate?

:D 

Okay

Lets say someone was not being very wise and needed further insight  ;

il_794xN.1645032054_ep25.jpg

Maha Manjushree

Or if they are an egotist with strong passion that lacks virtue ;

220px-Vajrayogini_from_Thangka.jpg

Vajrayogini .

Or  if they keep annoying me  I might go beyond thangka   :)    ;

Spoiler

600_446711103.jpeg

( I bet I know what your next question is   :D   )

I vividly recall my first Tsok. Indeed there was meat and wine served to everyone. For anyone not familiar with this, when we denounce something, we can be equally strongly tied to it. The meaning is to be free of the desire as well as the aversion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1