Goku76

Levitation and possibly flight?

2 hours ago, GSmaster said:

The part where master drags you out of physical body to experience and master the technique of levitation and flight.

Well, make sense. Even drinking from cups and riding bikes is taught. Easy for a small child to find a "master" (usually mom and dad) who can teach how to use cups or ride bikes. Not so common these days to have a mom or dad who can drag a kid out of his or her body to learn to fly! (Hell, half the parents around these days don't even seem capable of dragging their kids away from their iPhones...) 

The only single difference with levitation in physical body is that technique has to apply the force equal to the body mass to pull off.

I'm guessing this means accumulating a huge amount of qi once one has learned the technique?

And you are risking to die if your skill is lacking and you fall at some point.

An unfortunate end!

Edited by Walker
  • Like 1

Now if levitation is or isnt possible, is it even desirable?

I mean if someone catches you doing it there’ll be a shitload of exasperating interaction to follow.

People’ll start asking you to fly over to the store and pick something up, etc.

I think levitating is the social equivalent of having a fly ass ride but always being the designated driver because nobody actually cares more than to have their own thrills and be like super nice feeling all awesome.

Another probability is that levitation is a little bit like cocaine, it amplifies your experience and personality, also those parts that you’re not too proud of.

I wouldn’t want either. Too much hassle, get found out and everybody suddenly wants your favours for themselves.

EDIT

Threads like these in the daoist section spontaneously bring a hilarious line by Lauryn Hill to mind:

and even after all my logic and my theory, i’ll add a ’mothafucker’ so you ignorant n***** hear me.

No disrespect to anyone in particular but this siddhi talk is usually the precursor to escalating conflict, ad hominems and all sorts of grief and grieviances.

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
Clarification
  • Like 4

I generally take people at their word if they say they can levitate, talk to celestial beings, see my aura from thousands of miles away, etc. Why argue? The question that remains is, “how’s that working out for ya?” And if the person in question still spends time trying to act cool on an Internet forum the answer appears to be “not very well.” Some basic virtues like humility, compassion, and patience still matter and without them the rest is bullshit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, GSmaster said:

When you are repeatedly incapable of showing respect and keep thinking people will just spoon feed you knowledge free of charge in return, this is amusing.

Luke is ok. Maybe there has been a miscommunication?

3 hours ago, Rocky Lionmouth said:

I mean if someone catches you doing it there’ll be a shitload of exasperating interaction to follow.

It depends. Most people in big cities will never interact with you twice in your lifetime.

If you could do that but never say a word in their presence nor communicate in any way, there will be no need to justify anything.

Not that i see any point in flying in front of people. Just saying....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

There was rather a direct quote and ask for a ban in some other thread. He also sounded hurt being called "not a cultivator".

I can see how you´d take offense at the quote you are referring to but if you´ll go back and read it you´ll see that I did not ask for you to be banned.  Quite the contrary.  The point was that you -- and Gendao -- should not be banned.

My "asking you for advice" was an attempt to put the resulting mini-conflict behind us and relate to you openly from a fresh place.  A failed attempt, it seems.  You say you can levitate and presumably understand the dynamics behind the siddhi.  That´s interesting.  I take you at your word and ask you about it.

Please don´t take my question as a demand to be taught.  It isn´t.  It´s not even asking for advice, really.  It´s just a question about something interesting that you know about and I´d like to know about.  This is a forum.  Most people are here because they either want to learn things or want to share what they know, or both.  If you´d rather not share what you know, I´m fine with that.  

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 5

levitated twice in my young life

or rather, localized mind harbors vivid memories of such...

once out of body while exiting the dream state

and

once wide awake, off the back of our couch

These days, I'm more interested in emulating the high skill of the likes of Liminal_Luke than floatsies.

Integrity, Sincerity and Poise.  Those are siddhis I crave.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

I don´t know.

Part of me wants to rail against this interpersonal ugliness.  I hate this dynamic, the dynamic where one person asserts their superiority over another. I notice myself wanting to lash out and, at the same time, I know the futility of lashing out.  There´s nothing I could say that could pierce the armor of the offending person.  And it´s not my job to pierce that armor anyway.  I´ve got other fish to fry -- my own.  Like quicksand, attempts to escape the dilemma with a clever counterattack would only pitch me further into the mire.

All I can do is feel into the wound in my own heart.  To meet myself with compassion where I am.  If I am upset, it´s not because of anything happening now.  It´s because what´s happening now reminds me of something that happened long ago.  But what?  I don´t know.  I´m not convinced I need to know, though I would welcome the knowing if it comes. 

Can I remember another situation in which someone tried to dominate me with presumed omniscience?  (Hi dad!) 

Should I post these ruminations for all to see?  I think I will though not all will understand or relate to them.  I firmly believe that there is power in vulnerability.  Not power over others -- which is not a very useful kind of power anyway -- but power to connect.  In opening to myself I create the possibility of connecting more deeply with myself first and secondly with others.  Hurt dissolves into love.  

Chances are I´ll never levitate.  Too bad, so sad.  Still, when I meet my seeming shortcomings with acceptance a quiet confidence surges up: I know I´m gonna be alright.

If he meant it as comedy, it would be clever, if it is meant to be taken seriously; it is just boring. Anyone who bothers to actually be a positive force on TDB, knows you are good people, liminal.

Edited by moment
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2020 at 6:38 AM, silent thunder said:

levitated twice in my young life

or rather, localized mind harbors vivid memories of such...

once out of body while exiting the dream state

and

once wide awake, off the back of our couch

These days, I'm more interested in emulating the high skill of the likes of Liminal_Luke than floatsies.

Integrity, Sincerity and Poise.  Those are siddhis I crave.

I have had several out-of-body experiences, all memorable, all unpredictable (mostly) and I still only understand a small fraction of them. I find that lucid dreaming or half-wake condidions are the most productive. Though, I was getting a lot of it (lucid dream flying) after a certain type of Kriya (I will not name it because, it can be destabilizing if a proper foundation has not been laid). The layers of, underlying realities intertwined with, subconscious garbage and all that:rolleyes:.

Edited by moment
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

Imagine the holy hell that would follow you if you demonstrated it on the news.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

On a day when spring was giving way to summer, and all the students had been sitting under some pine trees listening to lectures for a long time, they said, "Sun Wukong, in what life did you earn your present destiny? The other day our teacher whispered to you how to do the transformations to avoid the Three Disasters. Can you do them all yet?"

"It's true, brothers," said Sun Wukong with a grin, "I can do them all. In the first place, it's because our master taught me; and in the second place, it's because I practiced them hard day and night."

"This would be a good time for you to give us a demonstration." At this suggestion Sun Wukong braced his spirit to show off his skill.

"What's it to be, brothers? Tell me what you'd like me to turn myself into."

"Turn into a pine tree," they all said. Sun Wukong clenched his fist, said the magic words, shook himself, and changed into a pine tree.

It was truly Green and misty throughout the four seasons,

Raising its upright beauty to the clouds.

Not in the least like a demon monkey,

Every inch a tree that withstands frost and snow.

When the students saw it they clapped their hands and chuckled aloud, saying, "Good old monkey, good old monkey." They did not realize that the row they were making had disturbed the Patriarch, who rushed out through the door, dragging his stick behind him.

"Who's making a row out here?" he asked. The students hurriedly pulled themselves together, straightened their clothes and went over to him.

Sun Wukong, who had now resumed his real appearance, said from the forest, "Master, we were holding a discussion here, and there were no outsiders making a din."

"Yelling and shouting like that," the Patriarch angrily roared, "is no way for those cultivating their conduct to behave. If you are cultivating your conduct, the subtle vapours escape when you open your mouth, and when you wag your tongue, trouble starts. What was all the laughing and shouting about"

"Just now Sun Wukong did a transformation for fun. We told him to turn himself into a pine tree, and he did. We all praised and applauded him, which was why we disturbed you with the noise, master. We beg you to forgive us."

The Patriarch sent them all away except for Sun Wukong, to whom he said, "Come here. Is that a way to use your spirit? To change into a pine tree? Is this a skill you should be showing off in front of people? If you saw somebody else doing that, wouldn't you ask him to teach you? If other people see you doing it, they're bound to ask you to teach them, and if you want to keep out of trouble you'll have to do so; otherwise they may do you harm, and then your life will be in danger."

Sun Wukong kowtowed and said, "Please forgive me, master."

"I shan't punish you," the Patriarch replied, "but you'll have to go." Sun Wukong's eyes filled with tears.

"Master, where am I to go?"

"Go back to where you came from." Sun Wukong had a sudden awakening, and he said, "I came from the Water Curtain Cave on the Mountain of Flowers and Fruit in the country of Aolai in the Eastern Continent of Superior Body."

"If you hurry back there," the Patriarch replied, "you will be able to preserve your life. If you stay here it will be absolutely impossible to do so." Sun Wukong accepted his punishment.

"Yes, master," he said. "I've been away from home for twenty years and I do miss the old days and my children and grandchildren. But when I remember that I have not yet repaid your enormous generosity to me, I can't bring myself to go."

"What sort of kindness would you be doing me if you stayed? I'll be happy enough if you keep me out of any disasters you cause."

Seeing that there was nothing else for it, Sun Wukong bowed and took leave of him, saying good−bye to all the other students.

"Now that you're going," the Patriarch said, "I'm sure that your life will not be a good one. Whatever disasters you cause and crimes you commit, I forbid you under any circumstances to call yourself my disciple. If you so much as hint at it I'll know at once, and I'll tear off your monkey skin, chop up your bones, and banish your soul to the Ninth Darkness. I won't let you out for ten thousand aeons."

"I promise never to give away a single letter of your name," said Sun Wukong. "I'll just say that I taught myself."

Sun Wukong took his leave and went away. Making the spell by clasping his fist he jumped head over heels, summoned a somersault cloud, and went back to the Eastern Continent. Within two hours he saw the Water Curtain Cave on the Mountain of Flowers and Fruit. The Handsome Monkey King was so pleased that he said to himself:

"When I left here my mortal flesh and bones were heavy,

But now I have the Way my body's light.

No one in the world has real determination,

To the firm will, the hidden becomes clear.

When I last crossed the seas the waves got in my way,

But now on my return the journey's easy.

The parting words still echo in my ears;

When will I see The Eastern Ocean again?"

Sun Wukong put away his cloud and headed straight to the Mountain of Flowers and Fruit. As he followed the path there he heard the call of the cranes and the cries of the apes.

The crane calls echoed beyond the Milky Way,

and the ape cries were pathetically sad.

From "Journey to the West"

That story touched me, thanks for sharing !

• Like 1

Can I remember another situation in which someone tried to dominate me with presumed omniscience?  (Hi dad!) 

When I was quite young one of my dad's favorite things was to try instructing me on the proper jumping and arm flapping needed to fly. One day he had me jumping off the couch, flapping my little arms in various ways when my mother entered the room. It didn't go over soo well. Nor did me sharing what my father had said with a cousin, only for us to be caught jumping off the table in the sun room. 

Life is interesting sometimes.. better for most to just focus on it imo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

When I was quite young one of my dad's favorite things was to try instructing me on the proper jumping and arm flapping needed to fly. One day he had me jumping off the couch, flapping my little arms in various ways when my mother entered the room. It didn't go over soo well. Nor did me sharing what my father had said with a cousin, only for us to be caught jumping off the table in the sun room. 

Life is interesting sometimes.. better for most to just focus on it imo.

My brother and I jumped off the garage roof and landed on the grassy lawn feet first when we were kids. If I remember correctly, the height was 10 ft and never once were either one of us injured. :lol:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Zork said:

Luke is ok. Maybe there has been a miscommunication?

It depends. Most people in big cities will never interact with you twice in your lifetime.

If you could do that but never say a word in their presence nor communicate in any way, there will be no need to justify anything.

Not that i see any point in flying in front of people. Just saying....

Errrrmmmm ... no sure .   I am usually ignored, seen as insignificant, not cool or noteworthy   (looking like a 'dag' helps  :)  )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dag_(slang)

But if I 'display a skill' all sorts of kooks flock in to scavenge and pick up the crumbs .

Eg.  We used to hold  a great alternative festival on our property most years. They had various themes .  One was a spring equinx festival . Central to that was a spring equinox ritual that I was  to get together and focus .  

Some people  warned me before hand  ( not knowing who I was or my experience or 'track record ' )  :  " Yu are playing with dangerous forces you do not understand !  .... lots of people here are out of it , that energy will warp things and it will get out of control  .... etc etc  blah  blah  "

It went off fantastically ; magically and in organisation , over 300 people turned up to participate ( I thought, about 50 max )  - okay, we have a HUGE outdoor ritual circle .  IMO , the 'more magical ' event was how those 300 ' flowed together' beautifully .  Afterwards people where beaming and some came up to me and thanked me , told me the effect it had on them and some said the best ritual they had ever been to.

But then this guy cam up to me , I had already sussed him out before  and was avoiding him ... he was a 'new age / spiritual / magical self appointed teacher  who was full of BS .  Not only did he DEMAND of me , aggressively , to know how I 'pulled all this off', he said he had tried to organise similar rituals with much smaller numbers and they ended up chaotic and unfocused ... AND  all the time he was ranting this, his arms where flailing about  and his arms and hands where making movements towards me , hands clutching and dragging back to himself , as if his unconscious body la'language was trying to drag the 'power'  out of me into him.

Much to his surprise and total confusion, I insulted him and walked off .

Later ,  over the next 2 days ,  2 others asked me similar questions, nicely and reasonably , so I explained it all to them .

Much as I would here on DBs, if anyone asked me nicely and  reasonably .

But carefull  Zork !  Or you end up like .....

• Haha 1

In some ways things seem to be lightening up.  I am certainly glad to see it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, moment said:

In some ways things seem to be lightening up.  I am certainly glad to see it.

Wait ... was that a levitation pun ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Wait ... was that a levitation pun ?

Always like a good/bad pun!

Edited by moment
  • Haha 1

Started a new levitation class recently.  I went straight to the top of the class.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Nungali said:

People who claim to levitate are always looking down on others .

I wonder why levitation is not done upside down? :huh:

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Thanks for the puns guys.  In some ways this thread has been a real downer so the levity is appreciated.

Were you feeling like you'd been grounded? :lol:

• Haha 7