Goku76

Levitation and possibly flight?

I am sure you've all heard about monks in Tibet, and in India who claim to be able to levitate, and how in full lotus position they would fly like a bird flapping their wings. Anyone know more information on this, or know anybody who still practices this to today.

Edited by Goku76
  • Haha 1

Do you realize how much power that would take to do that, if what you say is true then what method did you do to get that much power in the first place, and how what did you visualize to get off the ground. For example you put your energy underneath yourself, and felt it push you up or etc.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

Just put your hands under your butt and lift really hard.

Takes some practice. At the beginning stage, one will start swingin', which just looks plain shabby.

• Haha 1

You could always induce an out-of-body experience. Easier in a fully equipped psychology lab (pm me for references), but surely managble at home as well. 

• Like 2

Apply to the TM Center in Fairfield Iowa, pay out megabucks and you to can learn levitation. Or, is it just yogic hopping. Looks really hard on the groin muscles which may cause hernias, and other injuries. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ralis said:

Apply to the TM Center in Fairfield Iowa, pay out megabucks and you to can learn levitation. Or, is it just yogic hopping. Looks really hard on the groin muscles which may cause hernias, and other injuries. :lol:

Thank you Ralis, that was hilarious!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moment said:

I know someone that spends most of his time in Fairfield in which he spends tons of money trying to fly and develop other siddhis. He is to this day weak minded and can’t fly. BTW, the courses there are 25k each.  :lol:

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ralis said:

I know someone that spends most of his time in Fairfield in which he spends tons of money trying to fly and develop other siddhis. He is to this day weak minded and can’t fly. BTW, the courses there are 25k each.  :lol:

Yikes!

A former taoist teacher of mine told me he levitated.  Seems incredible but I don´t think he´d lie.  What´s interesting to me is not so much the levitation itself as the qi dynamics that underlie this phenomenon.  Anybody know?  GSMaster?  What needs to happen energetically or alchemically to set the stage for levitation?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moment said:

Obviously they only show the ones who've mastered the whole art- the up And Down parts.  Early on they didn't teach the down movement first.  They musta lost 8, 10 practitioners.  Up, up and away, never seen again. 

Tragedy.. and why they're only allowed to hop these days.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

flying in itself is a very foolish goal...although one could travel across the entire cosmos in the blink of an eye (so to speak) if the spiritual need was very great, true and pure!  

6 hours ago, GSmaster said:

There is no method, this is not a repair shop.

Thing happened naturally. I never did a practice to develop this or that abilities. Abilities themselves are not the motivation.

No, I just levitated at the ceiling of the room while meditating.

I can levitate   down from the ceiling .   :) 

• Haha 2

flying in lucid dreams is a skill I wish I had. 

ones thats attainable too.  one day night.

learning to pilot an ultralight

is another dream.

probably easier, just $$ and time

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

I used to walk out of window and levitate all the way down to the earth.

Yes.  When 'mastery' is achieved , gravity is  a secondary consideration ;

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GSmaster said:

What do I gain from teaching you?

Another he is a troll bla bla bla. Later on.

I don´t know.

Part of me wants to rail against this interpersonal ugliness.  I hate this dynamic, the dynamic where one person asserts their superiority over another. I notice myself wanting to lash out and, at the same time, I know the futility of lashing out.  There´s nothing I could say that could pierce the armor of the offending person.  And it´s not my job to pierce that armor anyway.  I´ve got other fish to fry -- my own.  Like quicksand, attempts to escape the dilemma with a clever counterattack would only pitch me further into the mire.

All I can do is feel into the wound in my own heart.  To meet myself with compassion where I am.  If I am upset, it´s not because of anything happening now.  It´s because what´s happening now reminds me of something that happened long ago.  But what?  I don´t know.  I´m not convinced I need to know, though I would welcome the knowing if it comes. 

Can I remember another situation in which someone tried to dominate me with presumed omniscience?  (Hi dad!) 

Should I post these ruminations for all to see?  I think I will though not all will understand or relate to them.  I firmly believe that there is power in vulnerability.  Not power over others -- which is not a very useful kind of power anyway -- but power to connect.  In opening to myself I create the possibility of connecting more deeply with myself first and secondly with others.  Hurt dissolves into love.  

Chances are I´ll never levitate.  Too bad, so sad.  Still, when I meet my seeming shortcomings with acceptance a quiet confidence surges up: I know I´m gonna be alright.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

49 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

I can tell, but the catch 22 situation is that those who know, don't tell, isn't that right?

Just as a note, I´ve got no issue with people who choose not to share things, no issue at all.  There are all sorts of reasons why someone would want to keep information close to their chest, and I´m fine with all of them.  The way I figure, people have a right to ask and those asked have a right to answer or not answer as they wish.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GSmaster said:

Ugly is to blame people for not giving you what you desire at the first ask, as if they owe you something.

When you are repeatedly incapable of showing respect and keep thinking people will just spoon feed you knowledge free of charge in return, this is amusing.

Playing out a victim is becoming the tendency of this board. 

I think you are misinterpreting Luke's post... I don't see any blame anywhere, or playing of the victim. 

Back to the topic. Levitation is easy to experience. 

He was asking why you say this is so. What are the mechanisms that make it easy? Obviously 7+ billion people cannot levitate, so to us it does not seem easy. Usually "easy" means things that everybody or nearly everybody can do after a little bit of study, like drinking a glass of water or riding a bicycle. 

Since levitating is not easy for 99.9+% of humanity, what, specifically, are we missing?

Edited by Walker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Just as a note, I´ve got no issue with people who choose not to share things, no issue at all.  There are all sorts of reasons why someone would want to keep information close to their chest, and I´m fine with all of them.  The way I figure, people have a right to ask and those asked have a right to answer or not answer as they wish.

I hope you had a chance to read the instructions before I deleted them.  Since it was you who asked nicely.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Starjumper said:

I hope you had a chance to read the instructions before I deleted them.  Since it was you who asked nicely.

I did.  Thank you!