Sign in to follow this  
steve

New Yungdrung Bön translations

Dan Brown and Geshe Sonam Gurung have recently published several important translations of Bönpo Dzogchen texts.

Anyone interested in Yungdrung Bön should check them out.

Two key texts of the secret and utmost secret cycles of the Oral Transmission from Zhangzhung are included, as are key works by Shardza Tashi Gyaltsen Rinpoche, and the the core text of the A-Khrid cycle of Dzogchen teachings.

Here is some info on the currently available publications.

https://www.pointingoutthegreatway.org/books/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

The subject matter of Self-Arising Three-Fold Embodiment of Enlightenment is likely beyond my present level but I´m bowled over by the cover art.  Just looking at that image feels like a potent meditation.  What is it a picture of?

Edited by liminal_luke

I believe it's meant to represent the author, Shardza Tashi Gyaltsen Rinpoche. He is said to have achieved the rainbow body in 1935. You can tell it is a tantric practitioner by the phurba, a ritual dagger, being held in the left hand with the mudra of a wrathful deity. The rainbow lights emanating from the heart represent the attainment of the rainbow body of light. The book has very detailed instructions regarding both tantric and dzogchen practices, among them tummo, thodgal, even sexual practices. It's a fantastic resource but not really well suited as a practice manual without personal instruction. 

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this