Dalmat

Hello from Dalmatia

Pure chances are better than no chances, as we here say: you'll  cover as long is your blanket.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dalmat said:

Pure chances are better than no chances, as we here say: you'll  cover as long is your blanket.

Except that blanket could be a risk as well that can harm you with bedbugs or smallpox.

• Haha 1

Yes, man can take it that way. 

So, I'll take the liberty to ask you Earl a few questions, as I see you're experienced and full of knowledge.

First: do you understand the mechanism how Fragrant QG works. What is happening while waving hands?

Second, can I do pranayama, or five animal (tao version) or Yi Jin Ying (Shaolin tendon classic), or wim Hoff metod?

What, and way is forbiden during FQG?

2 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

I don't want to be a wet blanket in this discussion 😁. 

Haha, it means, use what is in your reach.

My internet has been broken for abut five times this morning, so it's hard even with online learning.

The best for me is to get a book and find the same thing on youtube.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dalmat said:

So, I'll take the liberty to ask you Earl a few questions, as I see you're experienced and full of knowledge.

I make no assumptions or claims.

First: do you understand the mechanism how Fragrant QG works. What is happening while waving hands?

There is no explanation for how Fragrant qigong works--it is unique in that it can't be explained in any conventional method as it doesn't fit any models of TCM or Ayurveda and scientific paradigms. It was given as a gift to the lineage founder from the heavenly realms when meditating on the mantra Om Mani Padme Hum and the lineage was one master, one disciple at a time. Ji Gong the mad monk was one lineage holder, believe it or not. 

Anyone who tries to give you an explanation as to how each form in the sequence works is making things up because they can't be done separately--they are like a phone number you dial. You can't dial 5 and get the number you want--you will have to dial the full number sequence to reach Jenny's number at 867-5309, which is why doing it out of sequence causes qi deviations. 

Second, can I do pranayama, or five animal (tao version) or Yi Jin Ying (Shaolin tendon classic), or wim Hoff metod?

None. No abstract breathing techniques. If you learned from Dolic, you would have a full list of do's and don'ts, as well as cleansing form, which is not publicly available on the Internet. If you learned it from the free PDF and YouTube, you're getting maybe 70% correct and that's barely passable given how many people like two Germans are doing the forms wrong. 

What, and way is forbiden during FQG?

You need to acquire the full list from Dolic or someone who is generous enough to give it to you for free. The free PDF going around the Internet does not have the full list. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So FQG has some kind of celestial working method? This goes better and better!

Yes, I've learned FQG from that PDF, but also form the video of Masters daughter.  And I have seen the two almost dancing Germans, and thought to myself: "everyone is teaching these days".

How can I contact Master Dolic? Over his website?

7 minutes ago, Dalmat said:

So FQG has some kind of celestial working method? This goes better and better!

Yes, I've learned FQG from that PDF, but also form the video of Masters daughter.  And I have seen the two almost dancing Germans, and thought to myself: "everyone is teaching these days".

How can I contact Master Dolic? Over his website?

Yes. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2020 at 7:45 PM, virtue said:

What's the purpose of this Zhan Zhuang interpretation then? To become an expressionless showroom dummy?

Deep calmness (samatha) meditation is approached through relaxation and inner peace. Both are basically the natural consequences of allowing and yielding. These are very natural and completely alright to happen, and I in fact guarantee that everyone would be happier and enjoy their lives with more natural relaxation and inner peace.

Just being carefree with gravity and with emotions; not pushing against either. What's wrong if the practice becames enjoyable and still enough to be called meditation?

• There are far better ways to achieve complete relaxation than stand still with a dull mind, even though the body may have the facade of repose. Deep meditation is needed for total relaxation of deep tissue, fascia, and nerves.

• There are far better ways to shake tension than the dull ZZ you describe. Again, it isn't possible to relax deeply in a static non-meditative standing position, so that your deep tension really comes off. It's possible to shake off well without meditation, but it really then requires applying a different neurophysiological mechanism through localized dynamic tension like Trauma Releasing Exercises do.

I am genuinely very puzzled if you are unwittingly distorting your teacher's teachings. ZZ is supposed to be internal training and I see little evidence of such.

Thanks for sharing your various opinions and experiences.

On 3/13/2020 at 7:45 PM, virtue said:

Please, care to explain yourself?

I'm almost always happy to provide fairly detailed explanations but as for "caring to explain myself", almost invariably I don't give a flying fuck.

Hope that clears-up any residual misunderstanding?

Edited by gatito
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, gatito said:

I'm almost always happy to provide fairly detailed explanations but as for "caring to explain myself", almost invariably I don't give a flying fuck.

So it seems that you have taken almost an entire month to muster enough wit and courage for a reply, but only to express how you started the day on the wrong side of the bed.

Hope that clears-up any residual misunderstanding?

This forum doesn't enforce participation for the users. If you don't have anything constructive to say than to resort in insincere platitudes, then why bother to write?

There's nothing wrong in not responding if you think the matter is settled and actually care not to discuss.

Edited by virtue
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, virtue said:

So it seems that you have taken almost an entire month to muster enough wit and courage for a reply, but only to express how you started the day on the wrong side of the bed.

This forum doesn't enforce participation for the users. If you don't have anything constructive to say than to resort in insincere platitudes, then why bother to write?

There's nothing wrong in not responding if you think the matter is settled and actually care not to discuss.

Sweet..!

PM me for a personal appointment and we'll all see if you have any more bottle than either Earl Grey or dwaI, because I'll put serious money on my assessment that, like them, you're all mouth and trousers.

PPS: happy to discuss your misunderstanding with all three of you at the same time and place (in the interests of efficiency and effectiveness...).

Drop me a joint PM lads and we'll sort it in-person.