Sign in to follow this  
thomas_p

Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone,

So nice to be here. My name is Thomas. I have been checking in and reading various posts for some time. I am especially interested in Kunlun having recently bought the book Pillars of Bliss and just started level 1 of the practice. I saw there was to be a workshop with Max in May in New Jersey and would love to attend. Can anyone tell me how to go about registering for the New Jersey workshop and where it will be held.

Many years ago 1980(s) I studied with Mantak Chia up at Big Red Indian in New York Catskills and have practiced some other forms of meditation and yoga over the years. Mostly, it is because of my Kunlun interest that I decided to join at this time.

Thanks for the web site and forum .... much appreciated. I look forward to sharing with you all.

Thomas

Edited by thomas_p

Welcome to taobums! Just check in on kunlunbliss.com on their schedule for when it officially opens for registration.

Thanks Yoda ... will do ...

BTW, if you do not mind I have a quick Kunlun I question. The description and arm-hand positions are very clear in the book. I have an injury on my right side, three ribs detached from upper spine, cartilage ripped in an accident so after keeping my right arm up for some time the muscles pull on my neck because of lack of skeletal support pulling my neck vertebrae out of alignment.

1) What do you think of either switching arm positions so the left arm-hand is on top by the throat with the right arm-hand by the navel or if that is not good

2) Alternating .... maybe right arm-hand at throat, left arm-hand at navel for 10 min then reversing followed by left arm-hand at throat, right arm-hand at navel.

Both 1) and 2) help relieve the problem caused by the injury. However, if both of these alterations are counterindicated, I guess I will just use directions as given for short period of time until neck starts pulling out usually after about 5-10 minutes.

Thanks for any help offered.

Thomas

Thomas,

There's a lot of material on the site about this. It might be in the Kunlun Prophet Speaks thread. Also, you'll get a better response rate to a question in the main board, but the right hand can be in front of the throat or in front of the solar plexus or anywhere in between. I'd say just to hold the position for as long as comfortably possible and then start moving rhythmically in any way you'd like. You arms can move, stay in the position, or rest on your lap or at your sides.

Hope that helps!

Kyle

Sign in to follow this