Cameron

Kunlun Level 2

Has anyone tried doing Kunlun 2?

I think K1 will be enough for me to work on for awhile but was interested if anyone went ahead and practicing K2. If so, how has the practice added to K1 practice?

BTW, Max said he doesn't think too many people will be able to do K2 or have the discipline to practice it long term. I think I would like to try it eventually but want to make sure the whole nervous system thing is cool and channels are good first.

Also, if Mantra is reading does Max ever plan on teaching K2 or does he prefer people focus on K1 and Red Phoenix?

Max said he doesn't think too many people will be able to do K2 or have the discipline to practice it long term.

I've noticed that and I like a challenge, but I've got a few months to go with K1 yet (getting it back to everyday would be nice too, currently at do 2, miss a day)

Has anyone tried doing Kunlun 2?

I think K1 will be enough for me to work on for awhile but was interested if anyone went ahead and practicing K2. If so, how has the practice added to K1 practice.

BTW, Max said he doesn't think too many people will be able to do K2 or have the discipline to practice it long term. I think I would like to try it eventually but want to make sure the whole nervous system thing is cool and channels are good first.

Also, if Mantra is reading does Max ever plan in teaching K2 or does he prefer people focus on K1 and Red Phoenix?

I did level 2 for about one month before I dropped out of practicing kunlun. That was after doing level 1 for about 4 months. Level 2 felt great! It really lifts the practice to a whole new level. But it was hard. And it was very difficult to know if I did it correctly based on the descrption in the book. I did write to Mantra but didnt get an answer. Guess it got lost in all the level 1 questions. I dont mind.

Max said in the book that most people drop out here, but that their curiosity gets them started again after a while. I guess Im one of those :)

Yeah, i would like to know also!

i dont do any but i do have similar breath retention exercises and what not. Do you hold the breath down into the Dan Tian on level 2 or circulate it?

WYG

Yeah, i would like to know also!

i dont do any but i do have similar breath retention exercises and what not. Do you hold the breath down into the Dan Tian on level 2 or circulate it?

WYG

Dont think the book said anything about holding it in the dan tian. It just said to hold the breath.

From the bit of K2 practice I've done, reverse breathing is pretty much a must. I'll see if I can even start putting to words what the difference was, but in a way its like trying to describe K1 energy to someone that's never practiced it before.

Hi, i dont reverse breath in kunlun 2 posture, you mean the standing posture right ? I dont breath that much at all in that posture :)

Feels like your starving and instead of absorbing oxygen you start absorbing the kunlunenergy you developed in the K1 posture (wich you practiced right before K2 and kept the magnetic potential .. the KL-energy .. alive).

My focus is on the hand not on the dantien, dantienfocus is after the excercise for grounding or you act weird from all the energy bouncing/waving around in your body (and head) hehe.

I dont know if anyone ever mentioned it here but after K2 for a certain amount of time it seems like you get an intense energyfield (because of lack of better words) wich you can also perceive clearly as your upper dt gets the necessary fuel :D The visual perception of the energy starts around your hand and arm and after a while your whole body, its kinda hard to ignore.

edit: I especially keep it a bit vague so people wont try to reproduce the K2 posture witouth having read the book toroughly.

Cheers !

edit2: the book didnt lie when they said KL2 will put great energetic pressure on your system if your not used to the energy from the KL1 posture, KL2 is indeed very strong and the longer you practice KL1 the better your foundation will be for KL2. KL2 seems to compress the energy you allready aquired in KL1 and add extra !

Also think about the fact this is yust how i perceived it personally and its possible you will get other results, yust tried to put it as clear as possible witouth giving to much away. There is more yes but i dont want people confused (im no expert and english is not my 1st language so its hard to explain sometimes) or even worse .. looking for things to happen as it would defeat the purpose of kunlun.

Edited by minkus

good one minkus, my experience has been much the same. first bunch of times I did it my eyes teared kinda like the quick fire tears Luk described in Taoist Yoga. I also had these weird memory rushes and more niwan experiences.

I forgot about the feet...it makes my feet buzz like crazy...also got this corkscrewing energy coming off the sword finger...

curious to see what augustleo's experience with this will be when he gets to it...we should talk to max in NJ and get a quick couple of pointers :)

Edited by joeblast

Guest winpro07

saw bio field very clearly around arms and fingers during K2.

perception is much magnified.

Having great insights into this system.

corkscrewing energy

Not only at the fingers i noticed, after exhale when you get back to starterposition and again to finger what it feels like is your making a corkscrewer of your whole body.

Same as with KL1 when you need that littlebit extra you twist your spine from left to right with hands still in KL1 position and you get that vortex again.

Its fun and also pleasant at your feet yeh :)

Anyone still in level 2?

1/could retention be done with closed eyes?

2/ has somebody tried to timeout how long is one's session in level 2?

Mine currently is 10-10.20 for 12 reps(6 left+ 6 right)...

Guest winpro07

Anyone still in level 2?

sounds similar. I was off KL2 for two, or three weeks. The pressure, or resistance build up is really amazing. At first the exhilaration after practices made me wonder why anyone would ever quit. After two weeks in the intensity was very overwhelming. Sitting here typing right now the pressure build up is very distracting. The long term benefit of completing level two, fortunately is so obvious that quitting is not an option.

Edited by winpro07

Anyone still in level 2?

Retention with eyes closed produces some intresting results :)

Didnt time sessions yet.

Max actually doesn't practice level 2 himself because it will cause him to transition over very quickly. Critical mass.

He has to keep himself here a little while longer for all of our sakes.

Edited by Mantra68

Max actually doesn't practice level 2 himself because it will cause him to transition over very quickly. Critical mass.

Hi Mantra I sent you a pm did you get it??

I wish to learn more. Will Max ever make a DVD of Kunlun to go with the book? Is a new book on the way?

Peace

Jedi777

One thing that is happening a lot is that I get dizzy spaced out and exhausted spinning during Kunlun if I allow my body to do its thing. I don't know if this almost fainting dizzy feeling is what some call the *death experience* or sth else.

I often do Red Phoenix immediately after K1 . A more advanced student said one can continue w/o closing kunlun and let the kunlun enrgy work the red phonix. The closing is done after both practices. In this case, shall I do the right over left red phoenix closing or the left over right kunlun closing at the end of the session?

One more question:

Does one need to do a closing down after doing K1 before K2? I assume that closing is not done as the book said something like to continue w/o break.

Thanking all in advance for helping to clear up these questions.

"There are few people who will make mistakes with fire after having once been burned. Of people who regard water lightly, many have been drowned." -Hagakure

Guest sykkelpump

LOL,yes he better be careful.he dont wanna do that

One thing that is happening a lot is that I get dizzy spaced out and exhausted spinning during Kunlun if I allow my body to do its thing. I don't know if this almost fainting dizzy feeling is what some call the *death experience* or sth else.

I often do Red Phoenix immediately after K1 . A more advanced student said one can continue w/o closing kunlun and let the kunlun enrgy work the red phonix. The closing is done after both practices. In this case, shall I do the right over left red phoenix closing or the left over right kunlun closing at the end of the session?

One more question:

Does one need to do a closing down after doing K1 before K2? I assume that closing is not done as the book said something like to continue w/o break.

Thanking all in advance for helping to clear up these questions.

No closedown between 1 & 2...gotta keep the energy going!

No closedown between 1 & 2...gotta keep the energy going!

Thanks for your clarification. Another question for who care to answer:

I often have spontenous Kunlun movements outside of my dedicated practice sessions. Though unscheduled, I allow it to take its own course if I am at a safe place. These too can be quite intense.

Is closing down needed for these movement that happens on its own?

Guest winpro07

I work on ladders . Sometimes my body self corrects from tension built up by shooting my arm out very quickly to the side -its' very fluid, and sort of martial. I am never worn out from work any more.

Great nature will not allow harm. I think this stuff appears very attractive to sensitive people. Insensitive people (are there any left?) don't seem to notice. Martial artists seem to get very competitive. Competitive, and living in the dark for many years. In the middle of the day bright light slips in..what pains rise to the surface. No body wants to do the dirty work. It's like a basement filled with papers needing to be sorted, better to burn it all up? Naw, but then the house would burn down! Maybe just one bundle of paper in the furnace at a time...? Better have some water on hand just in case, there's a faucet up stairs... .. .

Hi Chris.. so who will be shepard for Kunlun Two crowds and answer their's questions?

Neither you nor Max don't do it...

In the millions of bits of Kunlun info I remember

"One thing to keep in mind is that traditionally this practice was given to the student and then they were told to leave and come back in seven years. They were left on their own to discover their own truths and to fight their own demons." from Mantra68 (advanced search keyword "seven" and member "mantra68")

Perhaps we won't need a Shepard :)

(personally I don't think my foundation is ready for L2 yet, have not given it a go)

Practical Pilgrims Dahaah! "So there I was... surrounded by Indians..." S.M.

Edited by Spectrum

Guest winpro07

Mantra

Is there a practice that will slow it down a bit? for several days? Maybe shut it off?

Stopping practice doesn't effect the progression, which is still going light speed, and i am not ready for that last step right now

Metamorphosis sucks