Earl Grey

Why gendao is worth having on this forum

1 hour ago, mrpasserby said:

I just got back from a several month exploration of world gate four. Did I miss something? :huh:

Welcome back! I see your last posts before this week was on July 2019, around the exact time that the "No more right-wing bullshit" proclamation, and removal of moderation committee. I was afraid you might've left along with the other members who didn't jive with all that, but glad to hear it was just a coincidence.

I guess you could say there's been a bit of resettling and evolution, but seems the community is strong. Let's leave this thread as an example, as the OP indicates.

I look forward to hearing some of your new stories!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nintendao said:

Welcome back! I see your last posts before this week was on July 2019, around the exact time that the "No more right-wing bullshit" proclamation, and removal of moderation committee. I was afraid you might've left along with the other members who didn't jive with all that, but glad to hear it was just a coincidence.

I guess you could say there's been a bit of resettling and evolution, but seems the community is strong. Let's leave this thread as an example, as the OP indicates.

I look forward to hearing some of your new stories!

Thanks for the setting out the welcome mat Nintendao, and for clearing that up: At first glance I thought that the thread heading: "Why gendao is worth having on this forum" was some new form of martial arts, so still a little bit fuzzy from my travels I went and looked up Gendao on google, 'who knew':wacko:, I didn't connect it to the"No more right-wing bullshit" thread. When earth gate hopping I just can't seem to muster enough focus to read or write anything well for at time, you might have noticed this the last time that I went off to england 'exploring the possibility of a 4th chk/gate entrance being accessible there', and met up with the welsh blue faced witches. Glad to be back there is no place on the physical plane/internet like TDB:)

Edited by mrpasserby
clearity
  • Like 2

On 2/19/2020 at 6:54 AM, steve said:

Very nice to see how this turned around.

_/\__/\__/\_

Imagine if we could do this with each and every contentious or strained relationship in our lives, especially those close to us.

I think it’s possible if we cultivate openness and flexibility.

I’m inspired to issue a challenge, or call it an invitation: 

Identify a troublesome relationship, preferably someone close like a family member or coworker. Take whatever steps work for you to open to them, see the relationship from their perspective, let go of expectations and the inner narrative of right, wrong, etc... Commit to getting closer. 

Post about it here....

On 2/18/2020 at 9:37 PM, Earl Grey said:

Actually, this reminds me of two things: first is the Tekken video game series: two characters, sworn enemies in the beginning, Marduk and King 2, fight with extreme hostility and malice all throughout the 4th game in the series. At the end, King is about to finish Marduk off in the hospital where he is recovering and on life support after their fight, when he notices a photo of his parents by the side who had visited and are wishing for him to get better. He realizes something and lets go of his anger--later on, they become friends because after the conflict, they found a strange kinship even if they weren't much alike, they found they were very much alike in other ways and became tag team buddies, mutually forgiving each other for transgressions (Marduk had accidentally killed King's friend in a bar brawl and King was hounding him to the ends of the earth for this to avenge him).

The second thing I am reminded of is The Matrix Reloaded, where the character Seraph tests everyone he meets by fighting them first, and after a short brawl, says that you only know a man after you have fought him.

Let's actually try to go beyond amicability because communication issues here and personal shadow work tell me even if I disagree with a lot of things you've shared and the manner you've written them, the root of why you believe them is at least interesting, just like the Neo Platonic ideal of why we believe what we believe instead of the beliefs themselves. 

Indeed!  I just wish my more intimate relationships could all resolve this (very relatively) "easily," lol... :D

And I also agree that we should each just keep staying true to ourselves and transcend cordiality.  Only by being authentic can we fulfill our own purposes!

For example, as harsh as this whole brouhaha started, it's had time-delayed layers of deepening meaning and transformational healing for me.  For example, I just realized this morning how it's mirroring my own evolving beliefs about my personal self-worth on this planet.

Starting out with the original title of this thread:

Is gendao worth having on this forum [planet]?

This reflected my own chronic, low, existential self-esteem...which was intensely force-fed back to me in this forum/thread for a while.  IOW, a primary part of the healing process is first fully feeling your unfelt feelings out.  Clear out your kundabuffer and empty your cup!

Shzcnqu.jpg

This catharsis should allow more of our own innate REALITY then shine through...

Which then shifted to a question:

Why gendao is worth having on this forum [planet]?

Not is, but why, now?

And then a statement:

Why gendao is worth having on this forum [planet]

This is where I discover and fiercely OWN my unapologetic existence and undoubtful purpose here!!!

Edited by gendao
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gendao said:

Indeed!  I just wish my more intimate relationships could all resolve this (very relatively) "easily," lol... :D

And I also agree that we should each just keep staying true to ourselves and transcend cordiality.  Only by being authentic can we fulfill our own purposes!

For example, as harsh as this whole brouhaha started, it's had time-delayed layers of deepening meaning and transformational healing for me.  For example, I just realized this morning how it's mirroring my own beliefs about my personal self-worth on this planet.

This reflected my own chronic, low, existential self-esteem...which was intensely force-fed back to me in this forum/thread for a while.  IOW, a primary part of the healing process is first fully feeling your unfelt feelings out.

Shzcnqu.jpg

This catharsis should allow more of our own innate REALITY then shine through...

Not is, but why?

And then a statement:

This is where I discover and fiercely OWN my unapologetic existence and undoubtful purpose here!!!

let us have a longer dialogue as i am about to ask the Akashic some questions about what we can learn from our conflict and friendship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gendao said:

For example, as harsh as this whole brouhaha started, it's had time-delayed layers of deepening meaning and transformational healing for me.  For example, I just realized this morning how it's mirroring my own beliefs about my personal self-worth on this planet.

This reflected my own chronic, low, existential self-esteem...which was intensely force-fed back to me in this forum/thread for a while.  IOW, a primary part of the healing process is first fully feeling your unfelt feelings out.

Shzcnqu.jpg

Not is, but why, now?

And then a statement:

Oh, and in case you were wondering about Akashic readings for yourself too and your own work, I'll say this: consider the antagonism and everything that we said and the distrust that arose, the hostility, the venom, and bias. Do you really think I would still read for you?

The answer: you bet your ass I am ready and available any time you're ready to set up a schedule if you want it. ;) 

Edited by Earl Grey