Earl Grey

Why gendao is worth having on this forum

16 hours ago, thelerner said:

definitely, until my wife comes in.. and asks some cutting question like.. What do you think you're doing**?   then i feel young again. 

**ie finding books to doyrsnate, once I had a pile it occurred to me I could stack'em up like card house..maybe get'em to 5 or 6 feet high.

Yeah, I know!  After 34 yrs here, with the same woman  A close well-balanced relationship is one of the great beauties in life!

Edited by moment
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

this forum asphyxiates on the dirgeful deluge of your distasteful delusions that dominate and destroy any meaningful dialogue in each thread you disrupt.

Oh, well done .  Now  another sting with words beginning with the letter 'e '  this time    :D

• Like 3

The thing is guys - every system I know of says that if you find someone annoying then keep them close and treat them as a teacher because that way you learn a lot very quickly.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Oh, well done .  Now  another sting with words beginning with the letter 'e '  this time    :D

Eh? Well, as you know, it’s...Entirely exasperating elucidating how each extremely embarrassing episode he egregiously ejaculates his emphatic epiphanies in EVERY THREAD, everyone is exhausted by his endless exaggeration that he embodies elite, eloquent, erudite, and esteemed encyclopedic enlightenment thanks to his exposure to the essential Sitchin and Icke, who both equate everything with extraterrestrials whom we must emancipate ourselves from eventually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@sean seemed to imply on the "No More Right-wing Bullshit" thread that this forum is not a place for "crypto-antisemitic conspiracy-theorists."

I consider @gendao one of those.

I have also reported his repeated anti-Christian ranting, which I see as belonging to the same spectrum of behavior as the racism and transphobia that was explicitly banned. I say this despite the fact that I am no fan of most of Christianity's iterations.

@Earl Grey, you could maybe chill a bit with the yelling at idiots. They do need to be dealt with head-on sometimes, but there's a point to be made that yelling at them too much can make you seem more like them than not, and perhaps also makes some people uncomfortable.

I don't know what the best way to deal with these incorrigible agenda-heads is, though. Good-old "civility" failed here over the years as well; it can win over reasonable people we don't agree with or at least help us to "agree to disagree" or just keep out of each others' hair; it doesn't work well with people whose reasoning is impaired.

Treating trolls, cult recruiters, fools, maniacs, megalomaniacs, conspiracy theorists, bigots and perverts who gloat about sitting cross-legged in McD's leering at children as though they were remotely normal, well, normalizes them and their behavior. This behavior only gets worse when it is normalized, not better. That is why I think it can be necessary to conflict with such people openly. But if, after all the fighting, they never change, never accept defeat, never leave, and never get banned, the conflict seems only to simmer, or even grow and spill over. 

I agree that Gendao needs to stop swooping into thread after thread to "decolonialize" us with stupid, prejudiced, David Icke-esque caca. In a world with no such thing as a perfect option, I don't see why not to ban him. He doesn't seem to learn anything here, he hasn't convinced anybody of anything, he makes it so people can't have serious conversations about the very real problem of colonialism, he's a bigot, and seemingly his only supporter is a guy who took fifty pages of arguing to half-assedly admit that he's not really in the MoPai, but even so still continues to refer to himself as a member of the MoPai. Pretty crappy character witness.

I think there is good advice on when, how, and why to ban in this article about the Reddit /relationships subreddit: https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2019/10/reddit-moderation-relationships-subreddit-memes/600322/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Walker said:

@sean seemed to imply on the "No More Right-wing Bullshit" thread that this forum is not a place for "crypto-antisemitic conspiracy-theorists."

I consider @gendao one of those.

I have also reported his repeated anti-Christian ranting, which I see as belonging to the same spectrum of behavior as the racism and transphobia that was explicitly banned. I say this despite the fact that I am no fan of most of Christianity's iterations.

@Earl Grey, you could maybe chill a bit with the yelling at idiots. They do need to be dealt with head-on sometimes, but there's a point to be made that yelling at them too much can make you seem more like them than not, and perhaps also makes some people uncomfortable.

I don't know what the best way to deal with these incorrigible agenda-heads is, though. Good-old "civility" failed here over the years as well; it can win over reasonable people we don't agree with or at least help us to "agree to disagree" or just keep out of each others' hair; it doesn't work well with people whose reasoning is impaired.

Treating trolls, cult recruiters, fools, maniacs, megalomaniacs, conspiracy theorists, bigots and perverts who gloat about sitting cross-legged in McD's leering at children as though they were remotely normal, well, normalizes them and their behavior. This behavior only gets worse when it is normalized, not better. That is why I think it can be necessary to conflict with such people openly. But if, after all the fighting, they never change, never accept defeat, never leave, and never get banned, the conflict seems only to simmer, or even grow and spill over. 

I agree that Gendao needs to stop swooping into thread after thread to "decolonialize" us with stupid, prejudiced, David Icke-esque caca. In a world with no such thing as a perfect option, I don't see why not to ban him. He doesn't seem to learn anything here, he hasn't convinced anybody of anything, he makes it so people can't have serious conversations about the very real problem of colonialism, he's a bigot, and seemingly his only supporter is a guy who took fifty pages of arguing to half-assedly admit that he's not really in the MoPai, but even so still continues to refer to himself as a member of the MoPai. Pretty crappy character witness.

I think there is good advice on when, how, and why to ban in this article about the Reddit /relationships subreddit: https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2019/10/reddit-moderation-relationships-subreddit-memes/600322/

I actually had a chat with a friend and a few others off site about exactly what you say. This level of frustration now is serious enough for me to take a short break from the forum because as much as I’d like to update folks about the volcano and help out the people I’ve attended to here outside of shouting at gendao, it has been more aggravating while choking on a daily basis as we anticipate the next eruption.

I posted links for people to follow the news here on the volcano thread and encourage people to please donate to either PETA or Red Cross Philippines. After this post, just find me by e-mail—I’m not going online here for at least a week or so to wash myself of gendao. Anyone who does want personal updates can get my email or get it from one of my friends.

• Like 4

I regularly take media fasts now.

It began from a deep need to cease the heart-harming, painful influence of random news, and participation in horror glorifying story-telling movies and tv and most of all, the emotionally bent and charged conversations here @ the bums.

No media, no tv, no internet.  First fast was meant to be a month.  Was so welcome, like being able to breathe freely for the first time in a while, that it turned into nine months.

Some 12 years ago, after reinvesting myself in sincere cultivation and after reconnecting and beginning to be able to hear my body again, I foundationally shifted my approach to food.  To great effect.  I was in a health crisis and managed in 90 days, to rework my blood chemistry by cutting out processed foods and sugar bs that my GP asked me to outline my methods, so he could emulate them with his family.  Kept me from a life time of using blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol medicines.

That led to re-evaluating what I was putting on my body... soaps, detergents for laundry, toothpaste, hair products...

Lastly and by far the most impacting to quality of cultivation and overall life... was the media/thought fasting.

What I choose to allow myself to ruminate on in mind, what I select to watch, read and talk about... in short what I select to allow into my mind space is now of paramount importance.

Always resonated with Buddha's statement 'take care what you allow yourself to think, this becomes your reality.'

But now, it's no longer a mental slogan to me, but a living expression of the impact of mind and body, with environment.

Love, Respect and Vitality to you All.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Apech said:

Ban Bam Bum!

See?! He's not even annoying at all! Despite what he claims to be! We HAVE to get rid of him!

1 hour ago, Papayapple said:

See?! He's not even annoying at all! Despite what he claims to be! We HAVE to get rid of him!

You would miss me.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Apech said:

The thing is guys - every system I know of says that if you find someone annoying then keep them close and treat them as a teacher because that way you learn a lot very quickly.

yeah but .......   annoying !   :angry:

WAIT ! 

OMG !   Finally  !

>>>>  thunderous revelation <<<<<   !

I just realised how you guys put with  your cats  !

giphy.gif

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Papayapple said:

Ban Apech instead!

Nah ... that just means you need a self imposed exile for a while .

Bye bye .

Here is a twist ;

Ban Nungali !  ... now I need an exile from myself   :) 

8 hours ago, Apech said:

Ban Bam Bum!

Hey !  No homophobia !      :angry:

If peeps want to ' bam bum'  thats their business !

• Haha 1

I banned pants.

Turns out, this is almost as effective as wearing a MAGA hat, for keeping most folks at bay.

Downside... the folks it doesn't  keep at bay... the one's I'd most like to...

oh well... back to the lab

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

I banned pants.

Turns out, this is almost as effective as wearing a MAGA hat, for keeping most folks at bay.

I wonder...is ST referring to the folks his hypothetical MAGA hat doesn´t keep at bay or his lack of pants doesn´t keep at bay?  Or both?  Interesting either way.  I imagine the intersection of folks that frequent both Trump rallies and nudist beaches is a small one, though I am open to being corrected if any naked patriots wanna give a yell.  

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

.. This level of frustration now is serious enough for me to take a short break from the forum because as much as I’d like to update folks about the volcano and help out the people I’ve attended to here outside of shouting at gendao, it has been more aggravating while choking on a daily basis as we anticipate the next eruption.

I posted links for people to follow the news here on the volcano thread and encourage people to please donate to either PETA or Red Cross Philippines. After this post, just find me by e-mail—I’m not going online here for at least a week or so to wash myself of gendao. Anyone who does want personal updates can get my email or get it from one of my friends.

Don't stay away too long, but taking a break is a probably a wise decision.  Walking away from an annoying person or situation is one of life's great pleasures.  And when we back, our tolerance is higher, til drip drip drip..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, silent thunder said:

I banned pants.

A kilt ?

You look a bit Scottish ?

What is worn under your kilt though  ?

Spoiler

" Nothing .... its all in perfectly good working order . "

Spoiler

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

Mostly Norwegian... but a fair amount of the rest is Scot.

The Kilt is not a bad idea... have a buddy who sometimes works our crew, he wears one every Friday.

Two years ago I banned pants as a New Year's Resolution.

Decided I was only going to wear Pajama Bottoms that year.

Nailed it.

Second year, it was, only Linen pants with draw strings.

This year, pants it seems, are back... 

Spoiler

though now I keep forgetting about the fly... :lol:

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 10:48 AM, Earl Grey said:

alien Christian colonialism conspiracies and pseudoscience in every thread regardless of whether it has anything to do with a topic or if anyone wants to hear what he says, like he is on the volcano thread and won’t shut up about it.

The funny thing is I'm a colonial, and I still like him more than I do you, so what does that say about how irritating and obnoxious you are?

On 1/20/2020 at 8:19 PM, Earl Grey said:

you did start with a personal attack against me

You didn't attack and insult me when I joined this forum and wasn't buying your bullshit? The reality is the vast majority of the people on here, including yourself are no better than people from Abrahamic religions, because what you practice is the Tao of Conformity. You need your hand held and can't think for yourself. If you're such a great master with such a great set of skills, why the fuck are you wasting your time complaining on an internet forum about other people? I thought an aspect of Daoism was accepting nature, I guess that's just another aspect you don't have mastery over. 

I remember a similar thread where you commended the censorship on this forum since it was in favor of your set of political ideals, you were thanking the owner and kissing his ass because other people were bullying you. I think you need to grow up. Once again, isn't politics somewhat beneath a great Daoist master who is working towards immortality? 

On 1/21/2020 at 3:57 AM, gendao said:

If you were banned or disappeared, there would be a lot of calm from me and everyone else as we stay on topic and discuss what is good, and I have indeed had healthy disagreements here--from sane, respectful, rational people, which are all characteristics absent in you. 

Everybody doesn't think like you do, you're not Jesus of Borg. There's a lot of alternatives to this forum, I suggest those banned for not conforming to check out OriginalDao.

On 1/21/2020 at 4:15 AM, Earl Grey said:

FORCE YOUR AGENDA.

You do the same with your Orthodox Daoist brainwashing. Look at my introduction thread. You irritate people with your agenda, but when others do it to you, you beg for them to get banned? Strange... 

the average educated adult would say

The average educated adult would say that other worlds and qigong is all bullshit. We're not dealing in average here.

your obnoxiousness doesn't know when to stop

Didn't I ask you to stop on my introduction thread?

Edited by Boerewors
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 5:09 AM, Earl Grey said:

What value, gendao, do you even bring to this forum? You do nothing but force your uninformed and unrelated views everywhere, and when someone who does have authority (again: someone like Walker or I have language skill, formal training, life experience in respective countries we speak of, and actually talk with the people you've never directly engaged with), it is disregarded by you because it does not suit your conspiracy agenda. 

You don't have authority, and even though I have no problem with Walker, neither does he. Nobody is an authority on spiritual matters, not some Celestial Master, not the Dalai Lama, not the Pope, nobody, because it's all subjective. So sorry to burst your superiority bubble. Guess who the real supremacist is, the guy kissing some false authority's ass so he can talk about his supposed authority. You can't get to immortality by holding your masters hand.

Edited by Boerewors
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 10:40 AM, Walker said:

He doesn't seem to learn anything here, he hasn't convinced anybody of anything, he makes it so people can't have serious conversations about the very real problem of colonialism

I wasn't aware that we had to prove anything to anybody here? Hmmm, I guess you're closer to a cult than you'd like to admit. What is it one would have to "convince" others of? Superpowers?

The very real problem of colonialism, hmmm. Does that extend to Chinese, Indian, and Japanese colonization of others? Does it extend to Turkey having been a colonial nation since the 11th century after they committed genocide against the Byzantines? Or reparations from Mongolia, or North Africa for conquests in Europe? How about Bantu tribes displacing the Khoi people in South Africa? 

When are you telling the Turkish to fuck off back to Central Asia then? Or does nativistic ideology only apply when it's at the expense of the white people you hate? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Boerewors said:

You don't have authority, and even though I have no problem with Walker, neither does he. Nobody is an authority on spiritual matters, not some Celestial Master, not the Dalai Lama, not the Pope, nobody, because it's all subjective. So sorry to burst your superiority bubble. Guess who the real supremacist is, the guy kissing some false authority's ass so he can talk about his supposed authority. You can't get to immortality by holding your masters hand.

How do you know?

• Haha 1