braungohed

New here

Hello everyone,

Looking to learn from members here and share my experiences as well as hear that of others. My main interests right now are chi gong and falun gong both of which I practice on a weekly basis.

Looking forward to be part of this forum and grow in learning others experiences and advice. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

falun gong is not very old and made the major mistake of being political so the government shut them down. Outside of China countries believed it was suppression of the Chinese government and it is not illegal so I guess there are a handful of clubs still active?

Legitimate schools of chi gung are a much better way to go.

Falun gong is a very effective chi gong. The reason for the suppression of the Chinese government is because the group is getting too big. As I recall, a member just made one phone call to other members to go practice at Beihai Park (北海公園) , There was about ten thousand members showed up in a very short time. Hence, the government did not like that too much. That was why the suppression took place.

Edited by ReturnDragon

No matter what side one maybe on falun gong has caused way more harm then good. Philosophically and in practice of falun gong goes against precepts and principles of legitimate schools. If the founder did not make a stance it could have continued but that is his mistake. 

1 minute ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

..... falun gong has caused way more harm then good.
Philosophically and in practice of falun gong goes against precepts and principles of legitimate schools.

How do you justify your reasoning?

Fulan gong was huge in the 90s, the Chinese government after chairman Mao's death in the 70s supports all traditional Kung Fu schools. The foundation of Chinese civilization is again  not to  be put down.

Shaolin  is vacant during the Chinese revolution and is restored. Wudang wrote on all the temples walls long live chairmen Mao so the red guards could not destroy the temples. My teaches teacher refuses to leave Wudang .Masters are sent across the globe and reunited in the  80s. After Mao's death the nationalist government embraces their long traditions of civilization.

So why is falun gong put down and stopped by the government when they were funded by the government at first.  

Li has asserted his absolute authority over the transmission of the teachings and the use of healing powers of Falun Gong: he said in Changchun that only he is possessed of these right, and any who violate are to be expelled. Do we see a problem here?

Fulan gong attracts controversy, hello the law of attraction. Li Hongzhi said that things such as organized crime, homosexuality, and promiscuous sex, and so on are not standards of being human . Li had many outlandish ideas and the position  he assumed would have to make him a god or enlightened light giver or something. Just doesn't sound like the immortals I have met,

The blend of Buddhism that is not Buddhism is weird to me  it is like using buzz words to promote your brand, seriously its is awful.

The founder fucked up the people that practiced became fucked up. When you harm your own citizens and the social fabric of the longest civilization on earth that raises some serious questions and good for you China that shit is  not tolerated.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Fulan gong was huge in the 90s, the Chinese government after chairman Mao's death in the 70s supports all traditional Kung Fu schools. The foundation of Chinese civilization is again  not to  be put down.

Shaolin  is vacant during the Chinese revolution and is restored. Wudang wrote on all the temples walls long live chairmen Mao so the red guards could not destroy the temples. My teaches teacher refuses to leave Wudang .Masters are sent across the globe and reunited in the  80s. After Mao's death the nationalist government embraces their long traditions of civilization.

So why is falun gong put down and stopped by the government when they were funded by the government at first.  

Li has asserted his absolute authority over the transmission of the teachings and the use of healing powers of Falun Gong: he said in Changchun that only he is possessed of these right, and any who violate are to be expelled. Do we see a problem here?

Fulan gong attracts controversy, hello the law of attraction. Li Hongzhi said that things such as organized crime, homosexuality, and promiscuous sex, and so on are not standards of being human . Li had many outlandish ideas and the position  he assumed would have to make him a god or enlightened light giver or something. Just doesn't sound like the immortals I have met,

The blend of Buddhism that is not Buddhism is weird to me  it is like using buzz words to promote your brand, seriously its is awful.

The founder fucked up the people that practiced became fucked up. When you harm your own citizens and the social fabric of the longest civilization on earth that raises some serious questions and good for you China that shit is  not tolerated.

Thank you... that is the closest explanation that I know from people who really looked into it. 

TCM has a huge following... and nationalist embracing of history and medicinal use...  that is not banned.

Li was bat crazy in his assertions... or did nobody actually read his works? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9. 3. 2020 at 1:42 AM, dawei said:

Thank you... that is the closest explanation that I know from people who really looked into it. 

TCM has a huge following... and nationalist embracing of history and medicinal use...  that is not banned.

Li was bat crazy in his assertions... or did nobody actually read his works? 

I tried reading it. Few months back I had a small qigong revival and was quite interested in Falun Gong as it claimed to be rather effective. I tried it and it was indeed really intense. But! Reading the books I was seriously perplexed.

Not only does he claim it to be buddhist, which is weird as it did not touch buddhism even with a long stick, but there are some strange outrageous claims which I just could not accept. Then I also read stories from his students and it acutally sounded more like a cult where they clearly see the master as a god of sorts. 

I think the most telling thing about Falun Gong is that I could not accept most of its claims, which says a lot since I am a follower of Tibetan Buddhism and I accepted quite a lot of things. :lol:

• Like 1

I read it. Translated on my language. At the same time I started practising, or better to say - cultivating. The practise was great, but I didn't like the tone of the book. I felt to much ego, especially for some one that is claiming him self as a teacher. But book as a book, nice ideas, great goals, by leaning on it man would be a better person. What is, by my opinion, most important.

Hi Dalmat,

This comes a little late but better then never; the standard TDB welcoming statement-

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Michael and the TDB team

• Thanks 1

Thx for your explanations!

I didn't read the rules, every place I come I come with open hart, without desire to offend, provoke or hurt, so, as this is Dao forum I've supposed that there is nothing to read about.

I apologise if I did something wrong, and if I have poked someone, it wasn't on purpose, it was on my language or on my cultural differences.

Edited by Dalmat
  • Like 1