Sign in to follow this  
Tibetan_Ice

Microcosmic Orbit Questions

Hi,

I found this in the instructions on how to do the Microcosmic Orbit, which is an instructional except from two of Mantak Chia's students:

Before I begin the instructions there are a few cautions. The Gia Pe point opposite the heart chakra and the Ta Chui point opposite the throat chakra are not used in this particular meditation. Do not activate these centers when doing the Microcosmic Orbit. The Hsuan Chi or throat chakra is not used in the beginning. Wait until you have achieved a level of success doing the meditation before activating the throat chakra.

1) Why is the Gia Pe point not used? Is it dangerous? What will happen if you do?

2) Why is the Ta Chui point not used? Is that one dangerous too? What will happen if you do use it?

3) Why is the Hsuan Chi (throat chakra) not used in the beginning? What does it do when you do use it?

Thank you :)

TI

Educated guess...

For the point behind the heart, if you're opening up from the bottom upwards, then at some point that will be the highest point open. Dont want a qi overflow going at the heart.

As far as the throat chakra...maybe it would have too much of an effect on the thyroid?

Hi,

I found this in the instructions on how to do the Microcosmic Orbit, which is an instructional except from two of Mantak Chia's students:

1) Why is the Gia Pe point not used? Is it dangerous? What will happen if you do?

2) Why is the Ta Chui point not used? Is that one dangerous too? What will happen if you do use it?

3) Why is the Hsuan Chi (throat chakra) not used in the beginning? What does it do when you do use it?

Thank you :)

TI

According to M.Chia point behind the heart not used as Joe said, to not overstimulate the heart energy.

Calling Hsuan Chi the throat chakra is somewhat inaccurate. Here we see the problem with mixing nomenclature. MY recollection of M.Chia teaching is that they use the point on the throat in the front but not the back. The point on the back which corresponds to the throat point in the front is where C7 vertabrae is. As I recall too much focus on this point when bringing energy up the back will encourage flow of energy out the arms and diminish flow through the micro orbit. This is often a problem with martial artists and people with some training as healers/bodyworkers.

This is without reference to any of Chia's books (I'm too lazy to pull one off the shelf) but I don't actively use those methods now.

Craig

If you really want to learn the microcosmic orbit, check out Yang Jwing Ming's Qigong Meditation: Small Circulation. I've compared and contrasted his methods with Chia's in the past, and I've found his description to be far more detailed and safe.

• Like 1

If you really want to learn the microcosmic orbit, check out Yang Jwing Ming's Qigong Meditation: Small Circulation. I've compared and contrasted his methods with Chia's in the past, and I've found his description to be far more detailed and safe.

Hi JoeBlast, Craig and Yue :)

Thank you very much for the responses and the information. I appreciate it. :D

I will purchase the "Qigong Meditation: Small Circulation" book. It looks like a popular book, has won some awards even and has some instructions on breathing techniques (which was my next question). I noticed that Mantak Chia's instructions do not include any breathing techniques during the practice.

TI

I might also suggest Yang Jwing Ming's prerequisite book, Embryonic Breathing. That practice alone gave me the most profound reaches in meditation I've experienced. (The DVD lectures are very good as well, I have them both :) )

Hi JoeBlast :)

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. I'm waiting for the first book to come in. I can hardly wait.

TI

Hi Rain :)

Is the a book on Tiger and Dragon breathing that you would recommend?

This deep energizing breathing came for me by itself during deep meditation focusing on root chakra and lower dan tien, leading to self intercourse and dripping of nectar.

That sounds very interesting. If I do the root lock along with the diaphram lock on a full breath of air, it produces heat and heat waves which follow my spine all the way up to the top of my head. Then, using tongue on palate, I take it back down to the lower tan tien. I'm just discovering my lower tan tien. If I focus on it long enough, it tingles and releases heat. It looks like a ball with 5 or 6 little white-hot suns in it, but part of it is still obscured.

This self intercourse sounds like you have caused your pineal gland to drip! Congratulations! Which practices do you follow?

:)

TI

I was practising a simplified version not knowing all the details in Mantak Chias system at the time, no idea about cauldrons or even the alignment to the stars. But nevertheless I believe you could say that I simply was "turning the waterwheel" focusing on sexual energy and gathering the qi in lower dantien, and then then let it expand through solar plexus to the heart, aided by the "tiger and dragon breath" as described. Simultaneously focusing on receiving energy from the divine through the crown into midbrain/pineal and down into the heart. The result was the mentioned unvoluntary slowing and deepening of breath, a marked sinking into lower dan tien and mulhadhara, the two forces were drawn to each other, the heart fire descended into the watery sexuality and the result were gaslike waves of extacy more etherical, less physical than I was used to. I do not think my tounge was in the right spot in the palate, but as my head tilts backwards it leads to tension in the palate...being pressured upwards..this breathing also vibrates the back of the palate come to think of it.

Thank you very much for that. I means a lot to me, because it kind of clarifies things for me. You see, I've raised the kundalini a few times now and your account is very similar to what I did and what I'm learning. This is how I did it:

I focused on my crown chakra and kept meditating on it until my crown disolved into a 'bathing cap' of bright white light. Liguid white light. It was very bright and intense. I then took the liquid white light down the center of my head into the third eye chakra, spinning both front and back chakras and filling them with the liquid light. Next I took the liquid light to my throat area at the spine. Again, I sent the bright light into the front and back chakras, spining them and making them come alive. I then did the same routine for the heart chakras (front and back), the solar plexus, the sacral and finally the muladhara (root) chakra. This took me about 1/2 hour. During the descent, I would go back to the crown and imagine it spinning faster, drawing down divine energy from above.

When I got the root chakra, (Immense concentration here because all of the chakras are alive and spinning and you keep visualizing them at the same time) I proceeded to pound it with white light. My whole bottom and solar plexus areas tightened up. It's what happens involuntarily when you really concentrate. Now I know it is the root lock and the diaphram lock.

Anyway, after pounding the root chakra for a few minutes with liquid light, kundalini started to rise. To me, it looked like a dark green snake. It's mouth was open and it was feeding on the white liquid light. I kept pouring the white light down into it. When it got about 4 inches up my spine, moving very slowly, it felt like having 100 orgasms or more at the same time. At that point my neck arched back, my tongue hit the back of my palate and my eyes turned up. I wanted so bad for the snake to come up my spine and feed off of the crown. I wanted to feel it. I kept pouring in the liquid light and the snake kept rising, up my spine and finally opened it's mouth wide and tried to swallow the crown but didn't succeed; it kept feeding. It was amazing! I sat there and watched it for 3 or four minutes. Then I realized that I was actually about 2 feet from the back of my body, watching.

After 3 or four minutes, I shut off the crown and the snake descended. That is when I noticed a tunnel of pastel colored rings directly above me, maybe 30 degrees forward. I kept looking at the tunnel. It was so beautiful and clear. The center was dark. I wanted to go through it. I tried to push myself upward and into the tunnel but it did not work. (I wish I would have known or remembered about spiraling in..). After 3 or 4 minutes of examining the tunnel, I dropped my attention down. A whole scene opened up. There were 10 monks or people clad in brown gunny-sack type clothing, ropes for belts and no shoes. They were holding their hands upwards towards a cauldron that was floating in the air about 10 feet above them. There was fire coming out of the cauldron. The whole scene was very clear and took me by surprise. I wasn't expecting to see anything like that. Now I think the cauldron is my lower tan tien. Something was trying to tell me something.

The points of intersecting interests for me in your experience are as follows:

1) The divine light. Both of our approaches used the divine light as a starting point for the top-down flow.

2) Your heart chakra! The heart is the junction between the lower and upper 3 chakras. In the B Gita, it says that it is easier to take the energy upwards using the heart chakra. I also do a lot of work on my heart chakra. Perhaps I will try just taking the liquid light to the heart chakra next time.

3) Yes, there is a lot of pressure in the neck. Moving the head straight back as well as the chin, but maintaining the a straight spine/neck is called jalandhara in kundalini terms. I sort of did this involuntarily during my experience and it sounds like you did too.

4) It sounds like your experience is very similar to kundalini, if not kundalini.

5) There is definately a sexual component to the experience which feels great, but that component did not augment as the snake got closer to the crown. Hmmm.

6) After this experience, I burped a few times and although I hadn't eaten anything in a while, it tasted sort of like sweet milk. I remember thinking that that was strange because usually if I burp, it is very acidic. This was very alkaline.

Since then, I've done the same routine two other times but the second time was less intense though. Perhaps knowing what to expect helped tone it down a bit? However, I was getting a lot of pressure in my head and also constant visions of things (like a world consisting of only ocean, sky and a sun). That's when I learned that I could relieve pressure by touching my tongue on the palate and focusing on the downward flow. (The visions didn't go away, though). That is what got me interested in the microcosmic orbit. According to some authors, kundalini rising puts great current and pressure on the head because it bring the energy up but never back down, whereas the MC Orbit circulates and stores it. That's why I'm very curious about the breathing techniques.

Anyway, thank you very much for writing about your experience and thank you for the information. I am awestruck about the similarities and the fact that someone else has had a very similar experience. See, we're not crazy, are we?

Nope, I don't live in the US.

As far as my visual sense goes, I see you as having short straight brown hair, a straight nose, dark blue eyes and most of the time you wear a dark blue sweatshirt and jeans. You also have a bicycle with a white plastic basket on it, and, dare I say this, "tassles"? B) Sometimes I'm on, sometimes I'm not.. How did I do?

:)

TI

Edited by Tibetan_Ice

'bathing cap' of bright white light. Liguid white light. It was very bright and intense. I then took the liquid white light down the center of my head into the third eye chakra, spinning both front and back chakras and filling them with the liquid light. Next I took the liquid light to my throat area at the spine. Again, I sent the bright light into the front and back chakras, spining them and making them come alive

LOL!!

all I know is that i am not in agreement with david wilcok on the silver chord going out from the crown, I am sure it is connected to the heart chackra, and comes out from the back. It was connected to thea death experience of mine and if you are not after terminating a karmic "episode" I would recommend just enjoying the groundwork first.

I believe the heart chakra is the most important. Have you ever heard of the assemblage point? It is supposed to be behind the spine at the heart chakra.

How it is supposed to work is that men are supposed to learn how to open their heart chakras. Once the heart chakra is open, they can receive love from woman. Then, the love received by the man flows down to the sacral chakra (feels like a waterfall) and is sent back to the woman. The woman receives this energy and it ascends into the heart chakra where it is tranmuted into 'love' and then sent back to the man. However, I think in real life, most men's heart chakras are closed so they send energy from the sacral and it becomes a one-sided affair. (pun intended).

I have experienced this exchange of energies on two occasions with complete strangers. Distance circulation! There are others who have felt the flow of energies by simply hugging someone. You can read about it at this link:

Tantra The map

The part that stands out to me is that not many men have opened their heart chakras.

I will have to think about your statement about terminating a karmic episode... Hmmm. I've heard that humans are reincarnated and have on average 108,000 lives. That's a lot of karmic episodes to terminate. :o

TI

i have a questio about mco.

1. is it safe to practice mco without guidance?

2. do i have to open all the channels/chakras in my body first then do the mco, or i can go straightly to mco.. because i have energy trapped in my head and having a kundalini psychosis. and i know all of the chakra still not balanced very well. but i want to heal the energy stucked in my head.. so i wonder, what should i do?

Sign in to follow this