alchemystical

What are your thoughts on AI and its coming implications?

5 hours ago, ralis said:

Please submit documents to back up your claim and that test is free online.

Binet, not Bidet. 

No ... it WAS  a   bidet

s-l300.jpg

A bull's eye is 250 points .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ocean Form said:

Ok maybe I misunderstood the original post... but now you're doing the thing I originally criticized you for :)

?  NOW  I am doing it  ?   That doesnt make sense .  Unless you are a Time Lord  .

-    and here I was , not even realising I had been criticised  retrochronastically for what I was about to do

(Unless you meant  " You are still doing the thing I originally criticized you for ." )

1 hour ago, Ocean Form said:

I happen to be a wizard! A soothsayer! A prognosticator! I have the power to see into the future! Centuries into the future!

Ahhh ,  good  !

Then I won't have to say what I was about to say to you  .  :) 

No one has opened this Pandora's box yet

... allow me ....

Who dies when the car is forced into a no-win situation?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2017/11/23/self-driving-cars-programmed-decide-who-dies-crash/891493001/

People were presented with several scenarios. Should a self-driving car sacrifice its passengers or swerve to hit:

• a successful business person?
  • a known criminal?
  • a group of elderly people?
  • a herd of cows?
  • pedestrians who were crossing the road when they were told to wait?

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-45991093

I was watching a panel discussion on this and the future scenario was presented where the DC (driverless car)  had to decide who was going to die , it scans the persons involved, identifies them,  brings up  their 'social history', criminal record, etc  ( 'social credit ' standing ' ? * ' consumer preferences ' ? ) . and decides if they should live or die .

Another panel member asked if that was a bit far fetched  and the first answered that the technology is already able to do  that .... quicker than you can get your foot onto the brake

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Credit_System

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, GSmaster said:

Tesla had it for years, 

I don't think Tesla makes or sells that.  I was thinking of things out of the prototype stage.. ie things you can actually buy and use.  

Beyond the philosophical stuff, ie who to sacrifice, the everyday stuff is hard. 

Truck driving is much more then getting from a to b.   Warehouses are huge, truck parking is mazelike.  Who does the robotruck listen to when they tell it to pull around, 2 lefts, right, back up to 18C?   Will it listen to anyones instructions?  If so, it'll be jacked.  People come and go, are out to lunch and myriad emergencies.  Parking a truck is often listening to myriad people giving shifting orders.  (Owning a box factory trucking ins and out was controlled chaos)

Simple like opening the door is complicated, can anyone signal the AI to open the door, tell it where it where to go?  A human has common sense, a robot not so much. 

For a driver, time is money.  A good driver has stories (and light bribes) to tell a clerk to get unloaded faster.  Cops know that tickets are death to trucker, 3 or 4 and they're out of a job.  But Highway cops are there to make $ by writing tickets.  If they know a robo will pull over and give a fast honest answer that they were driving 10 miles over the speed limit, then its a nice, fast conscience free $500 to $1500 for their community.  If the robotruck only goes the speed limit, then its significantly slower then human truckers and a bit of a traffic hazard. 

Whatever I said, there 100s more potential problems to driverless trucks.  On the other hand tech is improving. One never knows, but for the foreseeable future, 5 10 years, driverless trucks will have a human for safety, communication, counting and translating humanese into instructions a computer can follow. 

54 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

My robot vacuum cleaner, charges itself automatically.

It is not a complex thing at all.

Thats not a car and ofcourse your vacuum charger is on the same floor as your vacuum.  I'd be very impressed if it was on another floor, ie the vacuum had to go up steps.  I'd be even more impressed the vacuum could plug in the chargers cord.  Not super hard, but pretty difficult.  So hard its probably too expensive to design. 

On 1/17/2020 at 3:01 AM, GSmaster said:

You are really dumb.

Competition with the A.I is a driving force for human evolution.

A.I capabilities will make the life of humans easier and safer 1 million times.

You can prevent hundreds of millions of deaths in car accidents every year by using A.I.

You can improves surgeries / operations by using A.I. / robots eliminating human error.

There are hundreds if not thousands such applications.

Too much life too little death. All that accomplishes is faster destruction of forests, woodlands, and jungles. There's already enough people in the world, I see people every day, I kind of see animals every day since I live close to a mountain and a small nature reserve with a river. The point is though, one day there won't be animals left to see, people will have to go to museums to look at modern animals the way we have to in order to look at prehistoric ones. Overpopulation is in my opinion the single worst problem facing the planet right now.

You should check out the movie "The Time Machine".

Buddha... Awake.

Waking, not as waking up out of sleep...

but in the manner of becoming aware of true nature.

unveiled in the cave

when mind rests without stimulus

true nature unveils

with the full atrophy of behavioral conditionings

self identifications with emotional responses

and attractions/aversions

when all else falls away

what remains?

true nature

when all that is not true nature atrophies and falls away,

what remains is not what is achieved

not what is sought, manufactured, or gathered and stored up

what is revealed is what abides all along

under the trappings and seekings

true nature

unmarkable

spotless

untaintable

clarity, emptiness, bouyancy

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

intriguing...

i didn't intend that post for this thread.

Yeah, I wondered where you were going with that.  I actually like the juxtaposition of those thoughts with the subject of AI though.  There´s a lot of (understandable) fear about AI and technology generally, sci-fi nightmares that our computers will become conscious and turn on us.  Some say it´s already happening.

I do think there´s a place for making wise, intentional choices about tech use.  I recently changed my cell phone to greyscale (black and white) so I´m less tempted to click on those shiny app buttons.  At the same time, the use or overuse of technology will never taint our spotless nature.  Good to be reminded of this.

• Like 1

I grew up on golden era science fiction.  If it wasn't aliens attacking, it was AI.  Yet, despite 5 Terminator movies I'm willing to give AI the benefit of a doubt.  Hoping its a tool that'll help us.  Though as a tool, its only as good as we are..and that in itself is troubling. 

<course I'm pro-gmo, so Vive le Monstre>

Edited by thelerner
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

Come to syberia, there is one human on ten thousand square kilometers.

You live in Siberia?

1 minute ago, GSmaster said:

In mountains like a hermit.

Mountains are a great place to live! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

If you pay for it I would love to. It does sound great, I am glad you live in such an amazing place.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

idk, seems like alot of walking to see a neighbor. 

more importantly.. how many Starbucks??

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thelerner said:

idk, seems like alot of walking to see a neighbor. 

more importantly.. how many Starbucks??

Just now, GSmaster said:

None. 

well, I'm out then. 

probably no dunkin donuts either..

• Haha 3

Always wanted to take a train to Siberia... preferrably in the Fall/Early Winter transition.

This talk of AI has me reflecting on my obsession with the notion of AI in humans, Automated Interaction... i.e. lack of free will, or independent choice.

I'm seemingly made of the notion that we do not have much in the way of 'free will' or 'independent choice' in our actions/reactions of life and movement through life.

Stimulus prompts response.  What is called Choice is a local mind rationalization after the compulsion has played out.

The origins of what is called by Society... choice, for my awareness, are made and arise from well below the threshold of local 'waking' consciousness. 

Most of what folks who claim (often vehemently) that they exhibit Free Will, or 'make a choice' when they get up and get a drink of water, go camping, read a book, or call a friend, or respond to a news article, or reply to Bums thread...  I don't consider any of that, nor most of conscious waking trance life, to be a result of local awareness making an independent choice.

To me, what most folks call choice, is the localized conscious rationalization of compulsory response to stimuli.

In many ways this is a mirror of computer programs, which will respond to prompts in predictable established, programmed pathways.

AI... is not artificial intelligence in my analysis

It's Automated Interaction and it mirrors (as do all human tools) an aspect of human perception, allowing us to peer just a bit further into the nature of reality, than our senses are tuned to... but being designed by us, is still going to have inherently the same human paramaters and limitations, but in different spheres of relative influence.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

In mountains like a hermit.

In the Altai ?

Siberia , Like Australia, has varied landscapes that many do not expect , It aint all snow and tundra folks ;

s150216004.jpg

• Like 1

Looking at it now  .... WOW  !

frozen-lake-baikal-russia-kristina-makee

02683efc-db70-11e9-80eb-3aa57b6d2433_ima

ygfw0f2ue4g21.jpg

lake-baikal-ice-310.jpg?imgmax=800

lake-baikal-alternate.jpg

Hey Silent Thunder  .... you can ride a train along the lake   :)   ;

Lago-Baikal-Imagen-destacada-2.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2