dwai

The biggest secret about Advaita Vedanta

56 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

There is real awakening and then there is imaginary awakening, they may sound similar, but the difference is heaven and earth.

We can speak only of the imagined.

If one is truly awake, all have awoken.

56 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

Get treated, you have mental illness.

Mind cannot go where the question's answer points to.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

Mind has no limits, but you don't know.

I guess it takes one to know one.

Is it limitless enough to allow for not needing to know? :)

• Haha 1

to interject, of course mind has limits in mind stuff itself, thus THINGS may spin around and mix and morph infinitely in mind yet they are still limited to what could be called the many dimensions of mind. (or variations of THINGS)

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

Space and time don't really matter when we realize the Oneness underlying all manifestation. We can share presence with each other, uplift those who are stuck in more worldly realms if necessary -- sometimes just to give them a taste of what this Oneness can bring. 

Some of those who have experienced the shared presence with an illuminated person might stay that way for a long time. Some others might get scared...don't be afraid. Just open your heart and your mind. It is your own Self that is shining forth through those that you think are "others".  :) 

When it first happened to me, my mind was going, "No way...this can't really be happening...am I dreaming?!?"

And then it became a natural way to be...realization triggered realization...

Edited by dwai
  • Like 4

The problem with chronically adversarial personalities is that they will not actually take the time to understand the perspective they are knocking, and instead continue to make noise. Here's a little throwaway article from me to such individuals -- This is one of the methods employed by Advaita Vedantins to help the seeker realize the truth. 

May you grow up and realize your True Nature :)

https://www.medhajournal.com/close-encounters-of-the-fourth-kind

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/23/2020 at 11:55 AM, dwai said:

The problem with chronically adversarial personalities is that they will not actually take the time to understand the perspective they are knocking, and instead continue to make noise. Here's a little throwaway article from me to such individuals -- This is one of the methods employed by Advaita Vedantins to help the seeker realize the truth. 

Well said mate.  I enjoyed the article and your succinct response here.

My own chronic adversarialness was a direct expression of my Chronic Certaintism.

Chronic Certainty, maintained itself in local awareness for me, born from notions of Naive Realism, (where one assumes their perceptions are processing and taking in 100% of reality at 100% accuracy).  This method of assumption was taught to me by my Materialist Father, our schooling system and Western Society as a whole.  The Certainty born of this assumption is a malady I would not wish on anyone.  It is a malady of mind that is quite painful to unwire. 

The first cracks appeared in adolescence but were quickly pasted over with dogma.   But through turning inward and a steady exploration and eventually an unavoidable diet of doubt, born of curiosity and a desire to be able to entertain ideas without instantly having to accept or reject them, the inevitable dissolution of former certainties finally began in earnest.

Chronic Certainty is a malady that in my case, bore its own sustenance within its structural isolationism.

The more certainty I held of an assumption about my perceptual modeling of reality, the less I was able (or felt it profitable or helpful) to even entertain, or consider any notions or ideas counter to my perceptual certainties... as Cognitive Dissonance was untenable and would require either a reassessment of what I was already certain could not be untrue, or the adoption of the potential that my perceptual processes were incomplete and inaccurate. 

That for yeeeears was unthinkable.

Chronic Certainty is like unto a mental disorder as I view it from my current perspective. 

One I would not wish on anyone, no matter how acidic, virulent or abusive they be...

Indeed, could I cure humanity of one illness, Chronic Certainty, if not top of the list, would be top three.

Thanks for the chance to re-explore this aspect of my unfolding awareness through this conversation Bums.

It is deeply appreciated!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2020 at 11:55 AM, dwai said:

"Eventually, the goal is that we learn to recognize and abide as the underlying awareness, which ultimately is the only reality, upon which all other experiential realities are dependent. This is evident as the pure awareness underlying our daily experience of waking, dreaming and deep sleep."-- Much to think about there!

• Like 2

Dwai,

Your Swami Sarvapriyananda videos are stating that they are unavailable. Do you have a good link? 

To others,

I think a lot of people just don't vibe with Jnani Yoga. It sounds intellectual, which turns off non-intellectuals, but it is actually very experiential, which turns off modern Western -type intellectuals. 

On 1/15/2020 at 11:01 AM, dwai said:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, forestofemptiness said:

I think a lot of people just don't vibe with Jnani Yoga. It sounds intellectual, which turns off non-intellectuals, but it is actually very experiential, which turns off modern Western -type intellectuals. 

It turns off several groups of people

1. Those who have brain

2. Those who have proper higher education from any top university

3. Those who have studied in any major tradition

4. Those who have rich practical experience

5. Those who have developed siddhi and supernatural powers

You won't catch this fish with that hook, bud. 

:rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

It turns off several groups of people

1. Those who have brain

2. Those who have proper higher education from any top university

3. Those who have studied in any major tradition

4. Those who have rich practical experience

5. Those who have developed siddhi and supernatural powers

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, forestofemptiness said:

You won't catch this fish with that hook, bud. 

I want no fish, if that fish studied Advaita Vedanta or anything of the sorts!

Odd thing to say from some one attempting to troll an Advaita thread in the Hindu forum. 

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

I want no fish, if that fish studied Advaita Vedanta or anything of the sorts!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, forestofemptiness said:

Odd thing to say from some one attempting to troll an Advaita thread in the Hindu forum. 

How else will I help you?

Being a follower of a tradition where people don't have an ounce of qi, and don't have any supernatural powers, and don't strive to evolve or improve SELF.

But rather seek to waste time and abandon their only reason they reincarnate into this realm.

4 hours ago, forestofemptiness said:

Dwai,

Your Swami Sarvapriyananda videos are stating that they are unavailable. Do you have a good link? 

To others,

Seems like their purpose has been completed.

However, here's Swamiji's formal youtube channel --

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZOKv_xnTzyLD9RJmbBUV9Q

All the videos I've posted here are also available on his channel.

• Like 2

I know the channel and the podcasts, I would more interested in the specific videos you were recommending since you have been pretty on point at picking the best ones out. No issue, though, I can comb as I always have. 

15 hours ago, dwai said:

Seems like their purpose has been completed.

However, here's Swamiji's formal youtube channel --

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZOKv_xnTzyLD9RJmbBUV9Q

All the videos I've posted here are also available on his channel.

• Like 2

I don't know you, and you don't know me, so this is just presumption to think you can "help" me by posting a bulleted list on an internet forum with bald, unsupported conclusions when I'm asking for specific information. I mean, c'mon, this is the internet. Why should I listen to you? 

This comment below sounds more like some made up pish-posh quasi-Western occultism, a poor imitation of Bill Bodri, or at worst, an attempt to sound like a Star Wars Sith Lord. It is like I'm standing in the rain and you're telling me I'm dry. I don't need some one else to confirm my direct experience when I'm wet. I know Swami Sarvapriyanda is telling the truth because what he teaches can be confirmed in one's immediate experience right now. In philosophical terms, it is knowledge that is epistemologically incorrigible --- it cannot be doubted. 

Once you've had a taste of the strong scotch, then siddhis and supernatural powers just seem like a bunch of watered down Busch lite banquet beers. Plenty of people develop crazy powers and end up sad and miserable. The point is to get out of the jail cell, not decorate it and make it pretty. If you want to party with your Busch lite, go for it, but don't think everyone else wants to. 

19 hours ago, GSmaster said:

How else will I help you?

Being a follower of a tradition where people don't have an ounce of qi, and don't have any supernatural powers, and don't strive to evolve or improve SELF.

But rather seek to waste time and abandon their only reason they reincarnate into this realm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, forestofemptiness said:

This comment below sounds more like some made up pish-posh quasi-Western occultism, a poor imitation of Bill Bodri, or at worst, an attempt to sound like a Star Wars Sith Lord. It is like I'm standing in the rain and you're telling me I'm dry. I don't need some one else to confirm my direct experience when I'm wet. I know Swami Sarvapriyanda is telling the truth because what he teaches can be confirmed in one's immediate experience right now. In philosophical terms, it is knowledge that is epistemologically incorrigible --- it cannot be doubted. 

Here you go. You believe there is "truth" and "non-truth" so you have not freed yourself from any duality.

You are arrogant and conceited, and believe your path is the only right one, and siddhi is lego games not worth developing.

To go further you are offended by some words, so you are not free, not a buddha, not even aware of own consciousness / mind, you cannot read intent behind words.

Plenty of people develop crazy powers and end up sad and miserable.

Is goal of your life to get drunk and happy? Then whats the difference listening to "swami" or drinking booze?

The point is to get out of the jail cell, not decorate it and make it pretty.

The reason both of us can even have this discussion is because we are within the same jail cell. The reason Swami can teach you, is because he is sitting inside the same Jail Cell. I have yet to see anyone who is not. But yet, some are delusional to think they are free, while other see world how it is, not how you want to see it.

This comment below sounds more like some made up pish-posh quasi-Western occultism, a poor imitation of Bill Bodri, or at worst, an attempt to sound like a Star Wars Sith Lord.

Unlike you who is sulking over everything and taking "life" very seriously, I am enjoying it in free and unrestrained manner. I can be whatever I want, a Sith Lord or a Saint, a Sage or a Demon, a Mortal or a God, and watching and how people react, and how obsessed they are with "getting free", with "being right" is hillarious. Unfortunately, delusion is very hard to get through, may take many lifetimes, not one for sure.

and you don't know me, so this is just presumption to think you can "help" me by posting a bulleted list on an internet forum with bald, unsupported conclusions

Both statements are wrong. I know you, and I know swami. and It does feel like esoteric fast food with "freedom" as main dish.

By all means if you want freedom in life, I hope you achieve it, but I don't see your freedom. I don't see a freedom of swami, he looks like a person, who is extremely bound, to talk, to carry those lectures, endlessly. He is very tired. I can see his Qi its weak, I can see his soul it is no different from any other soul out there.

Edited by GSmaster

5 hours ago, forestofemptiness said:

I know the channel and the podcasts, I would more interested in the specific videos you were recommending since you have been pretty on point at picking the best ones out. No issue, though, I can comb as I always have. 

Not that I don’t want to...thing is the videos would “pop up” on my radar, and I’d share then because they seemed to be needed at the point in time.

Unfortunately I was unable to find the specific videos that have since been unlisted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, forestofemptiness said:

I don't know you, and you don't know me, so this is just presumption to think you can "help" me by posting a bulleted list on an internet forum with bald, unsupported conclusions when I'm asking for specific information. I mean, c'mon, this is the internet. Why should I listen to you? 

Once you've had a taste of the strong scotch, then siddhis and supernatural powers just seem like a bunch of watered down Busch lite banquet beers. Plenty of people develop crazy powers and end up sad and miserable. The point is to get out of the jail cell, not decorate it and make it pretty. If you want to party with your Busch lite, go for it, but don't think everyone else wants to. 

Well said!! 

Many ‘Demons’ have supernatural powers too.

The asura Rāvana (The villain of Rāmāyana) was a great scholar and had many siddhis. Yet his downfall was his enormous ego, which made his nature turn demonic.

It takes a special kind of emptiness to be able to deal with siddhis (which are side attractions at best anyway...

• Like 3

On 23.01.2020 at 10:55 PM, dwai said:

Please accept my truly honest and sincere apologies for I was wrong!

I was lured onto demonic path, by my former teacher who is a dark demon lord.

It was never my intention to question your path honorable sages, but I just slip sometimes.

I am doing my best to hold back all those demons inside me that grew on a desire of a freedom and siddhi.

• Like 1

😃

For whom that this may apply — 

Better way to share presence is using the MDT. The Lower  Dantien is good for things but not good for sharing presence. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@dwai 

Has shown me the light of the true path. He is a real master.

I am flabbergasted and shocked. I will do my best to correct my errors and our misunderstanding.

Realization, it came sudden as lightning strike.

Edited by GSmaster

Roger, don't worry about it. As you say, things pop up when they need to.

Speaking of which, I've been listening to Swami on Mandukya Upanishad. Does Vedanta have any specific dream/deep sleep induction techniques? Or is it just a matter of increasing daytime awareness which naturally leads to dream/sleep awareness? 

1 hour ago, dwai said:

Not that I don’t want to...thing is the videos would “pop up” on my radar, and I’d share then because they seemed to be needed at the point in time.

Unfortunately I was unable to find the specific videos that have since been unlisted. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, forestofemptiness said:

Roger, don't worry about it. As you say, things pop up when they need to.

Speaking of which, I've been listening to Swami on Mandukya Upanishad. Does Vedanta have any specific dream/deep sleep induction techniques? Or is it just a matter of increasing daytime awareness which naturally leads to dream/sleep awareness? 

The Mandukya is very powerful. The process of inquiry automatically seems to result in recognizing the awareness that underlies the three states. In my case experientially, it resulted in many days continuously of being completely aware through dream and deep sleep state (though it is hard to articulate what that is like as the mind is not active then -- just a knowing of being). 

Of course Advaita Vedanta often relies on yogic techniques. One such is yoga nidra (yogic sleep)  -- Swamiji has a video (on his channel) in which he walks us through the process of yoga nidra.

• Like 1