starfire

Complete beginner

Hi fellow dao bums, I am looking for material which can help me along the way. I am a complete beginner when it comes to qigong and seeing as there are no nearby classes i can attend im looking for resources which can help me progress on my own. Are there any resources out there which you can recommend which will get me to at least an intermediate level of practice. I understand that the energetic pathways in the body are very delicate and without the proper foundation and output of energy will lead to more problems then it will do one good. The only resource I currently use to facilitate my practice is Spring Forest Qigong, along with wim hof breathing I would really appreciate something which will extend upon Chunyi Li's excercises. Much Love

Edited by starfire
  • Like 2

I like Lam Kam's book, 'The Way of Energy', been using it on and off for 20 years now and still happy with it.

It describes a fairly simple standing practice which I have found works for me, the only addition I'd make is that you don't need to increase up to a 20 minute stand quite as quickly as he suggests.

Good luck on your journey.

SFQ is great. The Secret Smile and Moving of Yin and Yang he offers are great tools to build a foundation for your practice. The interview he did for TDBs is one of my favorites.