Sign in to follow this  
Earl Grey

Volcanoooooo

Omg,

Hyperbole made real.

There is literally a volcano raising ash on one man's neighborhood, poisoning the air, wreaking havoc in his community, and threatening further explosions,

While there is another man who sees this as a good time to start jibbering about the Catholic church and colonialism.

I could see @gendao walking past somebody on the street who's just been hit by a car, looking down, noticing that the victim has a crucifix necklace, and going, "hmm, welll, see, did you realize that that's a colonial icon around your neck? No wonder you got hit by a car, it must have been the revenge of the aboriginal spirits, and how ironic that they would use industrial technology to exact vengeance! I would call an ambulance for you, but actually western medicine is high carbon footprint violation of natural principles. And anyway, if you weren't brainwashed by the Europeans you wouldn't be afraid of death. Plus, to be honest, I don't want to call 911 for you because I'm pretty sure they play subsonic brainwashing waves through the earpiece if you call the authorities. So sorry, I have to go, you see if I get to McDonald's after 10am they already switched from breakfast menu to normal menu and then I can't get my six Egg McMuffins and four hashbrowns that I need to eat to have enough energy to play World of Warcraft all day. Ta-ta!"

Amazing. In one sentence:

"That boy ain't right."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

^ Lol, try reading this thread from page 2 and see who politicized it first (ranting about Duterte, China, etc)?  Um, what does China even have to do with this volcano?  And also already called zerostao an Asshole, BTW? 

You're like the latecomer who only sees the last punch in a scuffle and has zero clue what led up to it.  Of course, it matters not to you - you just opportunistically see an opening to blow off some steam and take another swing at me, lol.

34 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Nope. Not the only reason.

Please stop following him around, and then acting the innocent martyr when he responds to you in the way you know he will. 

16 minutes ago, Walker said:

Omg,

Hyperbole made real.

There is literally a volcano raising ash on one man's neighborhood, poisoning the air, wreaking havoc in his community, and threatening further explosions,

While there is another man who sees this as a good time to start jibbering about the Catholic church and colonialism.

I could see @gendao walking past somebody on the street who's just been hit by a car, looking down, noticing that the victim has a crucifix necklace, and going, "hmm, welll, see, did you realize that that's a colonial icon around your neck? No wonder you got hit by a car, it must have been the revenge of the aboriginal spirits, and how ironic that they would use industrial technology to exact vengeance! I would call an ambulance for you, but actually western medicine is high carbon footprint violation of natural principles. And anyway, if you weren't brainwashed by the Europeans you wouldn't be afraid of death. Plus, to be honest, I don't want to call 911 for you because I'm pretty sure they play subsonic brainwashing waves through the earpiece if you call the authorities. So sorry, I have to go, you see if I get to McDonald's after 10am they already switched from breakfast menu to normal menu and then I can't get my six Egg McMuffins and four hashbrowns that I need to eat to have enough energy to play World of Warcraft all day. Ta-ta!"

"That boy ain't right."

Is it possible for people to make a united group report against Gendao? I’m really getting sick of him and am trying to keep everyone informed here about the volcano, but he somehow can’t shut up or stop invading threads to force his agenda everywhere. 

I mean I’m in communication with friends now whose relatives and business are affected by the explosion, the government keeps downplaying how serious it is, and the Chinese government keeps doing absolutely nothing but find opportunities in a crisis to strangle the country, which means people who work in agriculture, construction, and residents of resource-rich areas NEVER WILL HAVE WORK OR RETURN HOME BECAUSE OF CHINESE PROJECTS THAT DICTATE CHINESE LABORERS AND MANAGERS WILL EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY KICK PEOPLE OUT AND KEEP THEM OUT WHEN A CONTRACT IS SIGNED.

The natural disaster and the complete apathy from much of the world now is a lot like people ignoring the Rohingya in Myanmar or the Uighurs in China, or the fires that are STILL fucking up Australia and parts of California, the floods in the Midwest, or the hurricane devastation in Puerto Rico that “received too much aid” according to Donald Duck—is THAT political when ultimately, people are being adversely affected? 

Shit! The air I’m breathing is already toxic, and all gendao can do is act like a complete lunatic who should have been banned for multiple reasons over the years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, gendao said:

^ Lol, try reading this thread from page 2 and see who politicized it first (ranting about Duterte, China, etc)?  Um, what does China even have to do with this volcano?  And also already called zerostao an Asshole, BTW? 

You're like the latecomer who only sees the last punch in a scuffle and has zero clue what led up to it.  Of course, it matters not to you - you just opportunistically see an opening to blow off some steam and take another swing at me, lol.

No, I've been watching from day one. I held my tongue when Zerostao made silly comments, because while they were silly, he generally seems like quite a reasonable fellow. 

You, on the other hand, remind me of a pitiful crackhead yelling about the apocalypse on the subway.

I mean that 100% literally. If it stings, check yourself. If it doesn't sting, double check yourself. 

And if you still think the words "humanitarian" and "CCP" belong in the same sentence... Fuck it... Keep on doing whatever it is you do all day, because you're probably past the point of no return. At least real life batshit is a useful fertilizer. Batshit crazy? Just kinda sad. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Walker said:

No, I've been watching from day one. I held my tongue when Zerostao made silly comments, because while they were silly, he generally seems like quite a reasonable fellow.

And if you still think the words "humanitarian" and "CCP" belong in the same sentence... Fuck it... Keep on doing whatever it is you do all day, because you're probably past the point of no return. At least real life batshit is a useful fertilizer. Batshit crazy? Just kinda sad. 

Right, but to Earl Grey...he's simply an Asshole.  Because anyone who so much rubs him the wrong way, is. 

bpdthinking-copy.png?w=490

4467593.jpeg?464

So, do you think that Earl Grey is a reasonable fellow?

Oh yea, I'm free and way off the rez.  I'm an indy thought leader who doesn't cave into peer pressure, buddy.  I speak for a planet that otherwise has no voice, and is getting curbstomped to a pulp by the "norm."  That's the difference between me and you/Earl Grey, and why you think I'm "crazy"...or think it's "sad."  I think it's sad that all of you aren't. ;)

Edited by gendao

Well, according to Gendao it all comes to this:

"X incident happens and triggers a crisis!"

1. "Was the area colonized?" If yes the answer is Colonialism is to blame! If No goto 2

2. "Did Christian Missionaries ever appear there?" If yes then Christianity is obviously at fault. If no goto 3.

3. "Do the people implement environmental protection measures there?" If no then Capitalism is to blame. If yes goto 4.

4. "If you got here you missed one of the true reasons* of the crisis!". Goto 1 and answer "correctly" this time. :lol:

*What do you mean that volcanoes erupt by themselves? It is colonialism! Duh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, gendao said:

Oh yea, I'm free and way off the rez.  I'm an indy thought leader who doesn't cave into peer pressure, buddy.  I speak for a planet that otherwise has no voice, and is getting curbstomped to a pulp by the "norm."  That's the difference between me and you/Earl Grey, and why you think I'm "crazy"...or think it's "sad."  I think it's sad that all of you aren't. ;)

You know, I had written some other stuff, but really, just two things:

1. You don't speak for "a planet that otherwise has no voice," that is just madness. Even as a metaphor it's ridiculous.

2. Why not give GSMaster's advice a solid try? 

• Like 4

In the meanwhile, people who want to donate can follow this list on CNN Philippines. Other sites have some recommendations too, like Primer, and a list of what not to donate from Esquire. 

I personally can suggest:

1. Help evacuees directly through the Philippine Red Cross
  2. Helping animals through PAWS or PETA,
  3. If you want to give to the churches or schools, you can do that too, but if you want me to handle direct donations, you can send it to me and I will forward the funds to the appropriate group then give you paperwork to reflect your donation went where it was supposed to go. One member wanted to help animals, so I am going to forward their donation to help animals there. 

Here's a photo for one org that is doing this through Facebook, which I don't use, but my friend screen captured to help get donations.

One of those is the PPBCC Foundation for animals (who spayed my dogs and cats, follow Trap, Neuter, Release for strays and offer homes to rescued animals):

photo_2020-01-20_15-04-15.thumb.jpg.4a54b491466cd3e3158268919546e449.jpg

photo_2020-01-20_15-07-04.thumb.jpg.a16d8b04b0d21aa1cc1fe33ce9ebd091.jpg

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Walker said:

You know, I had written some other stuff, but really, just two things:

1. You don't speak for "a planet that otherwise has no voice," that is just madness. Even as a metaphor it's ridiculous.

2. Why not give GSMaster's advice a solid try? 

Because it's not TRUE.  The planet IS in ecological crisis mode...and has been since, YES, Christian colonialism clearcut the continents clean.  YES, the PI WERE in fact brutally colonized by both the Spanish and Americans - because they reached into every farthest corner of the globe.  That is not just in my "monkey mind" and up for debate...we are in the midst of the 6th Mass Extinction (Extermination).  The Titanic has hit the 'berg...and of course your band just wants to still play on... :rolleyes:

No, F*** that noise!  Although I do suggest we get off this tack here and stick with the volcano.  But, if Earl Grey wants to limit it to just that, then he also needs to drop his politicking here too - or he is INVITING political debate.  If he wants to grind his axes, fine - but don't complain when others then grind theirs back too.

30 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

I can see your mind running endlessly, like a mad monkie, you should stop at once, sit down, breathe deep and meditate.

I suggest doing a 1 month long vipassana.

You dont realize that you have no control over your mind.

it looks as if energy larvae got to the online forums. You are obsessed with things that don't matter, are not real, nobody cares about.

Lol, but no similar prescription for Earl Grey, who blows his top every 10th post at someone? :lol:

If you are actually psychic, give me a real reading about myself with details that I can actually verify first.

Edited by gendao

5 minutes ago, gendao said:

Lol, but no similar prescription for Earl Grey, who blows his top every 10th post at someone? :lol:

More accurately is I blow my top at you, you dipshit. GET OFF THIS THREAD AND LEAVE YOUR GARBAGE OUT OF THIS.

10 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

More accurately is I blow my top at you, you dipshit. GET OFF THIS THREAD AND LEAVE YOUR GARBAGE OUT OF THIS.

I've only given my political opinions in response to yours, and have not personally insulted you once here, yet.  Yet, you've called zerostao an Asshole, me numerous insults (including this one now), and then lied that you only blow your top at me.  All just in this thread alone.  Dude, you've blown your top at MANY different posters all over this forum...on a very regular basis...which is easy to fact check and debunk since it's all in writing (just like your previous phony "actual quote" of mine, LMFAO). 

3 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

Get Treatment.

Get out of denial and spiritual escapism.  And like I thought, no real psychic ability.  So much for "monkey mind" and "energy larvae"... :rolleyes:

Edited by gendao

2 minutes ago, gendao said:

I've only given my political opinions in response to yours, and have not personally insulted you once here, yet.  Yet, you've called zerostao an Asshole, me numerous insults (including this one now), and then lied that you only blow your top at me.  All just in this thread alone.  Dude, you've blown your top at MANY posters all over this forum...on a very regular basis...which is easy to fact check and debunk since it's all in writing (just like your previous phony "actual quote" of mine, LMFAO). 

Get out of denial and spiritual escapism.  And like I thought, no real psychic ability.  So much for "monkey mind" and "energy larvae"... :rolleyes:

I've stated FACTS about what's going on and am trying to get focus on the situation and donations, while YOU keep fucking shitting your bullshit here as usual.

NOBODY LIKES YOU AND NOBODY WANTS YOU ON THIS THREAD OR FORUM. 

LEAVE.

3 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

@Walker @ilumairen @Zork @virtue @GSmaster and anyone else: who here is interested in simultaneously making a group report against gendao? 

This is going on far enough and this idiot is really too much. 

Hell, maybe people should petition to ban him already. 

Lol hypocrite, ever try reading your own signature???

Cynics regarded everybody as equally corrupt... Idealists regarded everybody as equally corrupt, except themselves.

It's only possible to see people when one is able to see the world as others see it.

Everyone has a belief system, B.S., the trick is to learn not to take anyone's B.S. too seriously, especially your own.

Of course I’m crazy, but that doesn’t mean that I’m wrong.  

Only the madman is absolutely sure.

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.

- Snippets of Wisdom from Robert Anton Wilson

How small are you, boy?

Edited by gendao

Just now, gendao said:

Lol hypocrite, ever try reading your own signature???

How small are you, boy?

Which also shows you have no grasp of Robert Anton Wilson or what the fuck the quote actually means. 

Why don't you get fucked already and get off this thread? 

THIS IS ABOUT THE VOLCANO, NOT YOUR FUCKING HARD-ON FOR BEING A DICK IN EVERY THREAD YOU INVADE AND FORCE YOUR AGENDA ON, YOU WORTHLESS SCROTAL SACK.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Which also shows you have no grasp of Robert Anton Wilson or what the fuck the quote actually means. 

Why don't you get fucked already and get off this thread? 

THIS IS ABOUT THE VOLCANO, NOT YOUR FUCKING HARD-ON FOR BEING A DICK IN EVERY THREAD YOU INVADE AND FORCE YOUR AGENDA ON, YOU WORTHLESS SCROTAL SACK.

The volcano explodes because it become frustrated by the work of Christian missionaries imposing colonialism on the locals!

What don't you understand????

image.png.231b2ac6e94be07c7989e4ad7d1c4a47.png

Yeah it took it 400 years to figure it out but it found it's way and boy is it mad!!

:lol:

It also blew up because of climate change! Not a hoax! Never! :lol:

So, it's only hours or days as the estimate for the next eruption. 

While Duterte is calling for more funds to help those affected (https://www.rappler.com/nation/249790-duterte-wants-supplemental-budget-taal-volcano-eruption-january-2020), he is also curiously ignoring the fact that it's three years in a row that funding for calamities was slashed. There's also a question of where some of that money went. There wouldn't have been as great a need to raise more funds had there not been the funding cuts. 

Worse is the government does not give a shit about the animals there, so please help out the animals in the links to help PAWS or PETA.

I also finally heard from my cousin, who was there when it first erupted and almost died. She is crazy and going back to help evacuees and animals too--yep, philanthropy and being crazy runs in the family, and is no surprise given how much of an ass-whupper she has been since she decided to never take shit from anyone when she used a chalkboard eraser to lay down the law on someone who threatened her in middle school all the way to being the only person who can give me a challenge in combat given that she's a knife and FMA expert, which came in handy when she was in university in the US and a minority. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, gendao said:

Uh, when you are begging for help, grants, and soft loans...it's because you are impoverished.

DUDE   Its  disaster area  !    Can you comprehend that yet ? 

During the recent disaster in Australia , we got help from  PNG  .

- That must mean PNG is rich and Oz in poverty , yeah ?

And I was LOLing at Earl Grey, not them...

OH MY  .

He IS one of them .

- My God   .... he has it *    bad today

*  Gendaoism

Of which I was just responding to HIS politicization of the volcano...which I'm sure he knows what is really about, lol.

slide_4.jpg

transference-8-638.jpg?cb=1443860005

2.1x.gif

Well, thanks again for explaining things we already know about with huge  simplistic kiddy diagrams   :rolleyes:

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, gendao said:

^ Lol, ludicrous.  You do realize he's one of the most active, aggressive posters here and is harder to avoid than follow?  Well to each their own and birds of a feather flock together, lol...

Thats right   ... and considering we are  birds of the same  feather   (i.e. who dont harass people having a  disaster ) and you are not...

You should  'flock' off .

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Walker said:

Omg,

Hyperbole made real.

"That boy ain't right."

It seems that his behaviour is sickening to everyone but himself .

• Like 2

14 hours ago, gendao said:

What led up to it ????  Are you kidding ?

What led up to it has been your continual ranting  about the same thing over and over regardless of the subject .

And you talk about 'cognitive dissonance '   .

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GSmaster said:

I noticed this when working in hospital Operating Theatre  . I could see many OT nurses and doctors , had a mask on, but wore it so you  could see gaps all round .

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2020/01/20/1986346/number-taal-evacuees-still-rising-now-112000-ndrrmc

Evacuee numbers according to Philippine Star: 112,000 and rising. 

"Over 215,000 people from the provinces of Batangas, Quezon, Laguna and Cavite have been affected by Taal Volcano's unrest, NDRRMC said, adding that some 69,304 individuals are being served outside proper evacuation centers." 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Small vendors are hit hard by the volcano's destruction: https://www.rappler.com/nation/249787-video-taal-volcano-eruption-hits-small-vendors

One mayor is pissed and wants the Phivolcs to already lower the alert level so that people can go home, but it doesn't work that way...https://www.rappler.com/nation/249823-phivolcs-advisory-taal-volcano-status-january-21-2020

Mostly because 

In its 8 am bulletin on Tuesday, Phivolcs said "weak steam emission" persisted from Taal's main crater in the past 24 hours. This "generated ash plumes 500 to 600 meters tall and dispersed ash southwest of the main crater."

The sulfur dioxide (SO2) emission, meanwhile, was measured at an average of 344 tons per day, which is relatively low compared to over 4,000 tons in previous measurements. SO2 is a major gas component of magma.

Bornas explained that SO2 levels have been fluctuating, so far.

"The fluctuation actually reflects [the] interaction between [the] groundwater and the magma.... This could be one of the reasons, but definitely it means that magma is at the shallow level of the volcano," she said.

As for volcanic earthquakes, Bornas said the numbers are going down, but "the eruptible magma...is already in place."

"The trend of the seismicity is lowering...but the type of earthquake signifies that there is magma intrusion," she explained.

"We have ground deformation signifying that the volcano is still inflated and is still inflating," she added, referring to another indication that magma is rising.

Phivolcs is using two networks to monitor volcanic earthquakes – the Philippine Seismic Network which covers the whole country, and the Taal Volcano Network, which includes small earthquakes undetected by the former.

The Philippine Seismic Network has plotted 718 volcanic earthquakes since 1 pm of January 12. Of these, 176 were magnitudes 1.2 to 4.1 and were felt at Intensities I to V.

From 5 am on Monday, January 20, until 5 am on Tuesday – or a 24-hour period – there were 5 volcanic earthquakes plotted at magnitudes 1.6 to 2.5, with no felt event.

The Taal Volcano Network, meanwhile, recorded 448 volcanic earthquakes, including 17 low-frequency earthquakes, in the past 24 hours.

"Such intense seismic activity likely signifies continuous magmatic intrusion beneath the Taal edifice, which may lead to further eruptive activity," Phivolcs said in its bulletin.

I'm gearing up to go volunteer this week probably if I get clearance to help out. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Sign in to follow this