Sign in to follow this  
Earl Grey

Volcanoooooo

28 minutes ago, zerostao said:

the majestic sublime awesomeness of nature gets our attention sometimes

flip.jpg

Except the real concern is the fact that those who can appreciate pictures like this are not the people affected by it. 

Yes, farmers lose their livelihood and the government's plan to address it is abysmal, to say the least, with the idiot president Duterte still chasing his white whale of fighting a drug war in a manner that is swatting a few mosquitoes but doing nothing for their eggs and the conditions that invite them that somehow still bring him financial prosperity. https://www.rappler.com/nation/249339-lorenzana-urges-duterte-declare-taal-no-mans-land. So much of his manpower is focused on his drug war that he isn't able to allocate enough resources to helping people, and as usual, the Philippines will inevitably rely on NGOs and foreign government aid to address its problem. 

Those farmers don't just lose money and livelihood, multiple supply chains are now affected, driving costs up. 

The smoke may look pretty, but you try inhaling that every day now and feeling like someone is ripping your lungs out with bits of glass and rusty nails. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Except the real concern is the fact that those who can appreciate pictures like this are not the people affected by it. 

Yes, farmers lose their livelihood and the government's plan to address it is abysmal, to say the least, with the idiot president Duterte still chasing his white whale of fighting a drug war in a manner that is swatting a few mosquitoes but doing nothing for their eggs and the conditions that invite them that somehow still bring him financial prosperity. https://www.rappler.com/nation/249339-lorenzana-urges-duterte-declare-taal-no-mans-land. So much of his manpower is focused on his drug war that he isn't able to allocate enough resources to helping people, and as usual, the Philippines will inevitably rely on NGOs and foreign government aid to address its problem. 

Those farmers don't just lose money and livelihood, multiple supply chains are now affected, driving costs up. 

The smoke may look pretty, but you try inhaling that every day now and feeling like someone is ripping your lungs out with bits of glass and rusty nails. 

exactly,

I see that the majestic sublime awesomeness of nature captured your attention.

54 minutes ago, zerostao said:

exactly,

I see that the majestic sublime awesomeness of nature captured your attention.

I think if you actually live through a natural disaster, you wouldn't sound as foolish as you do now. 

Otherwise, I do not know what you're saying, but your atrocious communication skills could use some work. 

Edited by Earl Grey

28 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

I think if you actually live through a natural disaster, you wouldn't sound as foolish as you do now. 

Otherwise, I do not know what you're saying, but your atrocious communication skills could use some work. 

ive been through several, it is naturally a part of life. ive been through civil wars as well. well, and of course a lot of other stuff.

you are in the "in shock" phase. it may take a couple or three years for you to get through the shock phase, the next few months will be trying, to say the least. I wish you the best.  ^^

the smoke from austrailia's fires will circle our planet a few times. anyone who pays attention, even in times where technology didn't transmit these events instantly, would notice what had happened. 

I woke from my sleep, here in Kentucky, the instant that volcano spoke in its majestic sublime awesome voice.

its due to the fact that ive learned to listen. learned to listen without criticism. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, zerostao said:

ive been through several, it is naturally a part of life. ive been through civil wars as well. well, and of course a lot of other stuff.

you are in the "in shock" phase. it may take a couple or three years for you to get through the shock phase, the next few months will be trying, to say the least. I wish you the best.  ^^

the smoke from austrailia's fires will circle our planet a few times. anyone who pays attention, even in times where technology didn't transmit these events instantly, would notice what had happened. 

I woke from my sleep, here in Kentucky, the instant that volcano spoke in its majestic sublime awesome voice.

its due to the fact that ive learned to listen. learned to listen without criticism. 

And yet you still sound like you're trivializing by making a false equivalence of your own experience and distilling it to "These things happen, I've gone through them, you'll get over it" while somehow not realizing they are negating the plight of the many people enduring these things (not to mention my own personal experiences in life, including work and trauma involving the Sri Lankan Civil War and a the typhoons of 2009 and 2013 too if we're going to compare penises hardship here). 

This thread is reporting what's going on, and you've somehow attempted to both trivialize it in some New Age naturalist manner and then turn the spotlight towards you. 

Thankfully, here's a word in the English language that people love to use to describe these kinds of people:

"Assholes". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

And yet you still sound like you're trivializing by making a false equivalence of your own experience and distilling it to "These things happen, I've gone through them, you'll get over it" while somehow not realizing they are negating the plight of the many people enduring these things (not to mention my own personal experiences in life, including work and trauma involving the Sri Lankan Civil War and a the typhoons of 2009 and 2013 too if we're going to compare penises hardship here). 

This thread is reporting what's going on, and you've somehow attempted to both trivialize it in some New Age naturalist manner and then turn the spotlight towards you. 

Thankfully, here's a word in the English language that people love to use to describe these kinds of people:

"Assholes". 

I don't see how I trivialized anything. Majestic sublime awesome doesn't ring of trivial. While your looking in the dictionary; words that associate with awesome: overwhelmed, frightening, terrifying, formidable, awful.

I said it's gonna take time to deal with it and wished you the best.

In return for acknowledging your extreme situation and plight, you insult me basically calling me a foolish asshiole.

That's fine, whatever makes you feel a little better about yourself, at whatever cost, in this case putting someone else down, if it makes you feel to hurl insults at someone commenting in that overwhelming situation, you are free to continue that line.

If you want to get mad at me over a major natural disaster, go ahead. I never said those clouds of ash were pretty.  You drew alot out out of the little I said. However off base your interpretation was~~~~

Obviously, you're hurting. It's gonna take time to heal. Excuse me for believing you can.

/\ /\

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zerostao said:

I don't see how I trivialized anything. Majestic sublime awesome doesn't ring of trivial. While your looking in the dictionary; words that associate with awesome: overwhelmed, frightening, terrifying, formidable, awful.

I said it's gonna take time to deal with it and wished you the best.

In return for acknowledging your extreme situation and plight, you insult me basically calling me a foolish asshiole.

That's fine, whatever makes you feel a little better about yourself, at whatever cost, in this case putting someone else down, if it makes you feel to hurl insults at someone commenting in that overwhelming situation, you are free to continue that line.

If you want to get mad at me over a major natural disaster, go ahead. I never said those clouds of ash were pretty.  You drew alot out out of the little I said. However off base your interpretation was~~~~

Obviously, you're hurting. It's gonna take time to heal. Excuse me for believing you can.

/\ /\

I'm not a mind reader and hearing platitudes and vague comments aren't really the thing I have the time to think through when it comes to the air I'm breathing now and the people I know personally affected we're trying to help out. 

Work on your communication skills, dude. 

• Like 2

https://www.rappler.com/nation/249539-phivolcs-advisory-taal-volcano-status-january-17-2020

The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) said Taal remains under Alert Level 4, which means a potentially deadly and destructive eruption is "imminent." 

"Activity in the main crater in the past 24 hours has been characterized by steady steam emission and infrequent weak explosions that generated dark gray ash plumes 100 to 800 meters tall and dispersed ash southwest to west of the main crater," Phivolcs said in its 8 am bulletin on Friday.

https://www.rappler.com/nation/249551-list-foreign-aid-taal-volcano-eruption-2020

...and China only donates face masks, for all that wealth and talk of partnerships it makes...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

https://www.rappler.com/nation/249551-list-foreign-aid-taal-volcano-eruption-2020

...and China only donates face masks, for all that wealth and talk of partnerships it makes...

And for all of Duterte's tough talk, he's still serving as the US military's b*tch to keep replacing self-sovereign freedom (like China's) with their own imperialistic global rule.

The United States has gained a forward base for its Pacific Air Force in the Philippines despite President Rodrigo Duterte's rhetoric against the country’s oldest security ally and former colonial master and his pivot to China.

Talk about the fox guarding the henhouse, here!  Just let that sink in for a minute...the slaves letting their masters "protect" them?  These same masters who had:

On February 4, 1899, just two days before the U.S. Senate ratified the treaty, fighting broke out between American forces and Filipino nationalists led by Emilio Aguinaldo who sought independence rather than a change in colonial rulers. The ensuing Philippine-American War lasted three years and resulted in the death of over 4,200 American and over 20,000 Filipino combatants. As many as 200,000 Filipino civilians died from violence, famine, and disease.

The basic causes of the Philippine-American War can be found in the U.S. government's quest for an overseas empire and the desire of the Filipino people for freedom.

Lol, the only reason the US is in your land is because they want your land and freedom...or somebody else's land and freedom nearby.  In this case, as a backdoor to leapfrog to China/Asia.

Ergo, China sends humanitarian face masks...while the US regularly sends their fiercest army ants, lol!

Edited by gendao

14 minutes ago, gendao said:

And for all of Duterte's tough talk, he's still serving as the US military's b*tch to keep replacing self-sovereign freedom (like China's) with their own imperialistic global rule.

Talk about the fox guarding the henhouse, here!  Just let that sink in for a minute...the slaves letting their masters "protect" them?  These same masters who had:

Lol, the only reason the US is in your land is because they want your land and freedom...or somebody else's land and freedom nearby.  In this case, as a backdoor to leapfrog to China/Asia.

Ergo, China sends humanitarian face masks...while the US regularly sends their fiercest army ants, lol!

You somehow fail to realize I’m an expat here as I’ve mentioned multiple times with all this “in your land” crap, and that your analysis shows you have absolutely no understanding of Philippine history, which I actually have more qualifications to discuss from university studies and living here, plus—I speak the language. All three things that give me more insights on the situation that you’re not only misquoting from your cherry-picking as usual, but betraying your usual stupidity.

This thread is about the volcano, so get your nonsense on another thread of your own, and don’t bother us here with your usual drivel.

You took a couple of links and somehow seem to have no understanding of Duterte and his four years of history and rejecting US relationships while shocking everyone as he continues his human rights abuses. You then seem to talk about colonialism while ignoring the BRI of China which is debt diplomacy that is a lot more like colonialism with their presence displacing people throughout Southeast Asia, Central Asia, and South Asia, such as locals living by the rivers.

Humanitarian aid from China? It’s like you were told once by Walker:

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 3

On 9/8/2019 at 8:34 AM, Walker said:

Habitually connecting every dot you see to confirm, confirm, and once again re-confirm to yourself that all evidence everywhere proves the story you are already convinced of is a disease of the mind. It is  obsession. A paranoiac who believes Mickey Mouse is out to kill him, upon having an explosive shit, will turn his eyes upon the toilet bowl, see a matrix of brown dots, and instantly within them a clear image of Mickey Mouse will appear.

That is you. 

You're a silly boy who plays all day on his Christian phone using Christian Google Image Search and Christian Twitter and Christian electricity to make points that are not points.

For fuck's sake, this twit gets a little "I made a smart" mind-boner by telling me about "historical organic toilets from 100 years ago" that I shit in on a regular basis while I'm actually there.

Get off your pasty, bepimpled ass and experience the world. 

Stop playing on the internet all day.

Or I will be forced to conclude that, much like the homophobe who secretly craves to know the flavor of penis upon his lips and savor the aftertaste of cum in his throat, you secretly love this techno-Christian internet West where you evidently spend 100% of your time.

Fucking lame. Grow up and live instead of peeing the same predictable stream of copy-paste everywhere. 

This was a very appropriate dressing down from another individual who lives in the country you speak of, speaks the language, knows the history and context which you somehow have no understanding of, Gendao.

Kindly get off this thread.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2

Still a threat one week later...

https://www.rappler.com/nation/249666-phivolcs-advisory-taal-volcano-status-january-19-2020

Begging for help too from China, a country that has been installing spyware, manipulating elections and politics, and stealing jobs from locals and territory, and poaching endangered animals...

https://www.rappler.com/nation/249689-batangas-governor-asks-chinese-envoy-grant-help-taal-rehabilitation-january-19-2020

grants and help that come with strings attached just like how their dam projects actually offer no benefits to the environment or communities and somehow only benefit China the vulture and the opportunistic traitors of the Philippines...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Some of the photos of the ash...

Villages buried in ash.  Roofs caving in.

11 towns in Batangas, locked down to prevent returns to homes.

160,000 displaced.

Livestock, livelihoods, gone.

Heart-wrenching.

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Some of the photos of the ash...

Villages buried in ash.  Roofs caving in.

11 towns in Batangas, locked down to prevent returns to homes.

160,000 displaced.

Livestock, livelihoods, gone.

Heart-wrenching.

It's made worse when China is using it to secure more contracts for places that actually don't need help and projects that offer no value to the community and constituents in order to further entangle the Philippines in the web of debt diplomacy through its BRI program...while the few corrupt individuals in the Philippine government get to enjoy it, especially Duterte and his cabinet of sycophants like Cayetano and Bong Go. 

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Begging for help too from China, a country that has been installing spyware, manipulating elections and politics, and stealing jobs from locals and territory, and poaching endangered animals...

https://www.rappler.com/nation/249689-batangas-governor-asks-chinese-envoy-grant-help-taal-rehabilitation-january-19-2020

grants and help that come with strings attached just like how their dam projects actually offer no benefits to the environment or communities and somehow only benefit China the vulture and the opportunistic traitors of the Philippines...

Lol, again, you never look past the symptoms to the roots of the "problem..."

Poverty in the Philippines is not caused by China, it is caused by a myriad of reasons that have nothing to do with China. 

Of course, one was Spanish/American Christian colonialism - where 81% is still Roman Catholic, 8% Protestant, and 6% Muslim and a dramatic caste system still remains with just a tiny elite minority at the top.  And their church still retains heavy influence on the state to tailor laws for their benefit (but not the masses), too.  So, there is little upward mobility available for the untouchable, indigenous majority following their lead.  You see this same situation in all the other former Spanish colonies/aboriginal reservations around the world, too. 
Carpenter-Ant-Cordyceps-Fungus.jpg?w=650

I mean, did they ever even charge Uncle Sam a red cent in rent for allowing them to use their islands as military bases?  I would have taken them to the bank for that, at the very least!  The Stormtroopers needed the PI a lot more than the PI needed them (not)!

Of course, there are many other reasons too, that have nothing to do with colonization or China...

Not to mention, wealth (GDP) or industrialization as a primary societal metric is a very colonialist lens...  Notice that colonialists never measure and rank ecological and environmental health - which are typically farrrrr higher in "underdeveloped" countries, lol.  No amount of money can ever buy or compete with a pristine wilderness!

Edited by gendao
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, gendao said:

Poverty in the Philippines is not caused by China, it is caused by a myriad of reasons that have nothing to do with China. 

Of course, one was Spanish/American Christian colonialism - where 81% is still Roman Catholic, 8% Protestant, and 6% Muslim and a dramatic caste system still remains with just a tiny elite minority at the top.  And their church still retains heavy influence on the state to tailor laws for their benefit (but not the masses), too.  So, there is little upward mobility available for the untouchable, indigenous majority following their lead.  You see this same situation in all the other former Spanish colonies/aboriginal reservations around the world, too. 

I mean, did they ever even charge Uncle Sam a red cent in rent for allowing them to use their islands as military bases?  I would have taken them to the bank for that, at the very least!  The Stormtroopers needed the PI a lot more than the PI needed them (not)!

Of course, there are many other reasons too, that have nothing to do with colonization or China...

Not to mention, wealth (GDP) or industrialization as a primary societal metric is a very colonialist lens...  Notice that colonialists never measure and rank ecological and environmental health - which are typically farrrrr higher in "underdeveloped" countries, lol.  No amount of money can ever buy or compete with a pristine wilderness!

But the quote you are criticising didnt mention poverty .

You have just used that quote, to make a misquote and to yet again push your agenda in a topic about peoples unfortunate enough to have a terrible natural disaster happening to them .  And LOLed at them too  .....    WTF ? 

Good one Gendao   !   

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

You have just used that quote, to make a misquote and to yet again push your agenda in a topic about peoples unfortunate enough to have a terrible natural disaster happening to them .  And LOLed at them too  .....    WTF ? 

Good one Gendao   !   

:rolleyes:

I really wonder why nobody reports him for being the pest he is like we did to Everything for the Sumer thread. I wish he would be banned and go away because he offers absolutely nothing to this thread or forum and is a complete asshole who pushes his own pseudoscience and conspiracy theory agenda in every thread.

3 hours ago, gendao said:

You really are an illiterate and selfish motherfucker who can't get enough of pushing your agenda everywhere while demonstrating that your understanding of history, geography, language, or current events is both completely and batshit insane.

Do you have any experience coming here? Speaking the language? Studying the history from the perspective of the people here and from actual researchers on both sides of the Pacific? Do you even know people who had anything to do with history whether they are the old plantation families, the dynastic families, or military figures? I raise my hand to all of the above, which you can't. 

When you say you see the same effect for all Spanish colonies and aboriginal reservations around the world, you are once again making broad sweeping generalizations and ignoring nuances because everything from mathematics to science to Mark Zuckerberg's gimp outfit are explained by Christianity, colonialism, and aliens in the tiny, disheveled raisin known as your brain that gets knocked around by crows attempting to break through your thick goddamn skull which somehow refuses to listen to any social intelligence that says nobody likes you or wants to hear your opinions that you keep forcing in our faces that are completely unrelated to any OP you invade

If you really want to talk about global poverty in this country, okay, motherfucker: remember you're dealing again with a situation where 1) you've never traveled or lived here, 2) you don't speak the language, 3) you have no understanding of the history here besides broad generalizations, 4) you have no credentials to speak with the authority you do, 5) my partners and I do research on this regularly as journalists and historians, 6) I do know historical politicians and figures personally that adds more than what is publicly available and gives me more insight into what causes poverty here. 

BUT THE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS THE VOLCANO, NOT YOUR IDIOTIC AGENDA, SO ONCE AGAIN AS SAID ABOVE:

GET OFF THIS THREAD.

Or otherwise continue licking the asshole hairs of David Icke and Zecharaiah Sitchin, lose your unemployment check every time you waste time on this forum, piss of some black people by comparing your lack of using a pillow to being Rosa Parks (who risked her life and safety over your comfort, you idiot), talk about how Feminism and the Pill causes homosexuality in animals and people, and spam threads with your desire to have Annunaki girls gone wild ride your conspiracy boner again and again.

May the curse of Mary Malone and her nine blind illegitimate children chase you so far over the hills of damnation that even Jesus H Christ can't find you with a telescope, you twat. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

Uh, when you are begging for help, grants, and soft loans...it's because you are impoverished.

And I was LOLing at Earl Grey, not them...

Of which I was just responding to HIS politicization of the volcano...which I'm sure he knows what is really about, lol.

slide_4.jpg

transference-8-638.jpg?cb=1443860005

2.1x.gif

Edited by gendao

33 minutes ago, gendao said:

Uh, when you are begging for help, grants, and soft loans...it's because you are impoverished.

And I was LOLing at Earl Grey, not them...

Of which I was just responding to HIS politicization of the volcano...which I'm sure he knows what is really about, lol.

slide_4.jpg

transference-8-638.jpg?cb=1443860005

2.1x.gif

Do you even have experience working in aid, development, or NGOs to make idiotic generalizations again, you fuckwit? I have. In multiple agencies. And you’re completely wrong as usual.

You were asked twice to get the fuck off this thread.

Edited by Earl Grey

43 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

You were asked twice to get the fuck off this thread.

I have not been violating guidelines, unlike you who has repeatedly hurled personal insults at multiple members in this thread with complete impunity.  And you never directly respond to the issue at hand either, but merely attempt to engage in a "street cred" contest for authority, lol.

Moreso, you are not a mod, nor is this your PPD.

In short, you lack both the ethical grounds and authority to kick me off this thread, and are extremely arrogant to even think you do.

NO, YOU DO NOT OWN THIS JOINT.  And even if you did, your despotic tendencies would drive everyone away voluntarily...

The only reason why you're even still here is because I have a high tolerance and have not reported you.

But if you really didn't like all my posts...you can simply block me, ya know??

Edited by gendao

I can't repeat the small bits of Tagalog I remember from my days of being married to a Filipino with dual citizenship in the states.

And I'd rather focus on the faces and people affected by this ongoing natural disaster than the politics which relegate people to statistics.

Please continue to keep us informed @Earl Grey

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, gendao said:

The only reason why you're even still here is because I have a high tolerance and have not reported you.

Nope. Not the only reason.

Please stop following him around, and then acting the innocent martyr when he responds to you in the way you know he will. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

^ Lol, ludicrous.  You do realize he's one of the most active, aggressive posters here and is harder to avoid than follow?  Well to each their own and birds of a feather flock together, lol...

Sign in to follow this