Yoda

anyone taking Oprah and Tolle's online class?

I've heard over a million people are signed up and it's hard on the servers!! Let me know what you think and where to sign up.

Eckhart Tolle claims to have become enlightened at age 29.

And I've heard many laymen recommend his book, The Power of Now.

My question is if he is all he's cracked up to be?

I haven't read his book, but from his YouTube vids, I dunno, I'm not overly impressed with what sounds like standard New Age rhetoric of living in the present moment and finding stillness, etc...? What does everyone else think?

I saw him live a few months ago.

He seems awakened. But after studying with Max he would probably bore you :lol:

But after studying with Max he would probably bore you

:lol:

Tolle isn't going to be putting out any back slapping vids on youtube or anything, but I enjoy his chats.

Eckhart Tolle claims to have become enlightened at age 29.

And I've heard many laymen recommend his book, The Power of Now.

My question is if he is all he's cracked up to be?

I haven't read his book, but from his YouTube vids, I dunno, I'm not overly impressed with what sounds like standard New Age rhetoric of living in the present moment and finding stillness, etc...? What does everyone else think?

I liked the book. He sounds like he's in a good place.

:lol:

Tolle isn't going to be putting out any back slapping vids on youtube or anything, but I enjoy his chats.

John Sherman is good too. His story is he got awakening while in prison.

fVcKDAFb5tQ&feature

I've heard over a million people are signed up and it's hard on the servers!! Let me know what you think and where to sign up.

Hi Yoda and everyone!

I hope every one is well.

It has been a long time since i was on this board.

Wow things look really nice here..... way to go Sean!

I had been meaning for so long to come on here and thank thelearner, Michael for steering me to check out Echart Tolle.

I try to minimize my surfing on the net nowadays, but when I heard about the Tolle/Oprah event, I logged on and afterwards, I decided that a post here was long overdue.

My reduced net surfing coincided with my reading of the power of now and a new earth. After reading Tolle, I felt much better. I found what i was looking for.

Now, It is really neat to see his stuff getting so mainstream. Hats off to Oprah for that.

So again thank you so much Michael, you helped me transform from a seeker to a finder. Blessing to you and yours.

btw Yoda, I also am still into Yogani's teaching as well. I hope all is well with you and your family.

Peace and smiles to all.

Farooq

Hi Yoda and everyone!

I hope every one is well.

It has been a long time since i was on this board.

Wow things look really nice here..... way to go Sean!

I had been meaning for so long to come on here and thank thelearner, Michael for steering me to check out Echart Tolle.

I try to minimize my surfing on the net nowadays, but when I heard about the Tolle/Oprah event, I logged on and afterwards, I decided that a post here was long overdue.

My reduced net surfing coincided with my reading of the power of now and a new earth. After reading Tolle, I felt much better. I found what i was looking for.

Now, It is really neat to see his stuff getting so mainstream. Hats off to Oprah for that.

So again thank you so much Michael, you helped me transform from a seeker to a finder. Blessing to you and yours.

btw Yoda, I also am still into Yogani's teaching as well. I hope all is well with you and your family.

Peace and smiles to all.

Farooq

Man, that's so weird. I was just thinking about you a couple of days ago and wondering where you'd got to. I was delivering something to an Islamic Centre and they had this amazing photo of everyone walking round the big black thing. (Sorry - I'm so ignorant, but you know what I mean, I hope.) And I remembered your report of doing the same. Nice to hear from you again.

And yes, I love Tolle. People often think he's "not enough" somehow, which illustrates his point beautifully.

All the best,

Ian

I must say Tolle's The power of Now has struck a chord with me, just at the right time, I'm using it's principles and Geting Things Done to survive changing jobs.

It's funny, I actually brought it for Deanne. I don't usually read these sort of "modern" books. But she said she already had it, I was sure it wasn't in my pile of books so she went and found a copy that she brought 2 years ago to give to her brother but had never sent. I read that one while she read the one I got her :) At least I think she read it, she won't talk about these things for some reason but I can tell she has read bits of it.

I'm currently reading Practicing the power of Now. It's virtually the same book, could save your money, I got it specifically for pages 87 to 100 (From Addictive to Enlightened Relationships ) even though New Earth looked more interesting. Will probably pick up New Earth or perhaps his Silence book soon at least they are out there in the bookshops.

Any more details about the online classes?

Man, that's so weird. I was just thinking about you a couple of days ago and wondering where you'd got to. I was delivering something to an Islamic Centre and they had this amazing photo of everyone walking round the big black thing. (Sorry - I'm so ignorant, but you know what I mean, I hope.) And I remembered your report of doing the same. Nice to hear from you again.

And yes, I love Tolle. People often think he's "not enough" somehow, which illustrates his point beautifully.

All the best,

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thats pretty cool that seeing the Kabaa reminded you of my experience at the Hajj.

I guess this really means that us taobums are really connected :D

All the best to you and yours Ian,

Farooq

Any more details about the online classes?

Hi Mal,

The online class is free at oprah.com

They have a class every monday at 8 pm central, and if you miss it live you can download it later.

Basically you don't really need the class if you read any of his books, and sit everyday in stillness.

I like the class because its nice to groove in real time with Tolle's vibe.

peace and smiles

Farooq,

Thanks for checking in, good to hear from you!

That confirms my suspicion about advaita... it would obliterate taobums if people *actually* followed it! :lol:

Are you doing ayam or a custom mantra with ayp protocol? (Tries to pull Farooq back to site.)

Your pal,

Yoda

Farooq,

Thanks for checking in, good to hear from you!

That confirms my suspicion about advaita... it would obliterate taobums if people *actually* followed it! :lol:

Are you doing ayam or a custom mantra with ayp protocol? (Tries to pull Farooq back to site.)

Your pal,

Yoda

Hi Yoda,

Its always a pleasure to chat here,

you hit the nail on the head about nondual cultivation, Once i felt it, I lost my desire to search for anything outside of my self anymore.

I am is a great starter for me, and I also use AL Lah quite a bit - Allah is heavier though, so I recommend Iam for anyone in the beginning stages. As I go deeper during meditation, the sound of the silence/stillness allows me to drop what ever mantra I'm doing and i just..... be

How is your cultivation comming along? ( trying to politely carry on the banter;0)

Cheers,

Farooq

Farooq,

Firing up the crystal palace with Kunlun and fish oil. Plus I'm doing a daily mantra, some Vaastu musings, and I'm working on falling into a gymnastics bridge by my 40th birthday in May. I'll put it on youtube!

Yours,

Yoda

how incredible it would be

if one million people

suddenly realized

who they are

and of what they are a part