EmeraldHead

Would a sage find babies cute?

A question on a serious note, do immortals find young children to be cute?

I mean children have "potential" but, are they a SAGE? ..

On the other hand, sages are STILL HUMANS! ..

Edited by EmeraldHead

Regarding the title ;   yes we do .

Regarding the post ;

7 hours ago, EmeraldHead said:

Does a sage have to be immortal ?  Regardless, why would an immortal  NOT  find young children to be cute ?

Lets examine what 'cute' is  -  I find that more interesting .

Some are . Also, some children are not 'cute '  (for some)  .... and some are declared cute  by certain others .. and they are not cute at all .

What's going on here ?

(Hint : 'certain others'  in one case - their grandfather ;   he was showing his grandkids photo to a woman working in a bakery, I entered and waited to be served . next thirng he turns , stares at me  jams the photo towards my face and 'asks' me , aggressively,  " Tell me they aren't gorgeous ! "   ....  :unsure: )

Here is another hint .... what is 'cute'  is actually what made us , as HUMANS , give us the modern looks we have . 

Its all about a 'fascination'   for 'the undeveloped juvenile ' 

Here is a word to look up ;    paedomorphosis  or neotony .

.... and to cut through one of my 'ranting theories'  -    of course if people are attracted to others looks and have children with them, their children will likely  will have those features too , after a while 'natural selection' steps in and we end up looking the weird way we do now  :)

I'll let wiki fill in the rave I left out ;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoteny_in_humans#Physical_attractiveness

Now ... we be lookin' like babies !      We all so cute !

You might have read me before on some of my anthropological rants about how the Australian Aboriginal was  when Euros first them .  An ancient people ... the 'old people'  , like we all used to be .  The Euros often commented on a quality the Aboriginal had that seemed hard to define  . They admired their looks, poise, posture, construction , pride .... one European even commented that they had the shape and form of  Man ' before he was ever  made a slave, bent to pull a plow or carry a load all day like a beast of burden , or hunched over a desk all day reading and  writing ' .

here we find ; 

" Aboriginal Australians

Frederick S. Hulse wrote in 1962 that aboriginal Australians have retained "similar" "skeletal characteristics" to those "which most men possessed in earlier times" (gerontomorphic characteristics) that are "contrary" to the "pedomorphic qualities"

Edited by Nungali

7 hours ago, EmeraldHead said:

I think they are able to either transcend sentiment (closer to the Dao) or to totally engage in human emotion.  The choice is theirs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Does a sage have to be immortal ? 

semantics. :D

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Lets examine what 'cute' is

no c'mon I know you practice western occultism and concentration practice. thats not what I told you about.

I meant besides your own children which you naturally have a causal/hormonal connection with

normal people, everyone around, find children attractive or not unpleasant because they are PURE, in comparison to themselves at least

surely the kids never mean no harm, but they channel what early Daoists called 'higher shens' and have very pure bodies and modes of function

BUT WHAT OF THE SAGE?! He can directly all this 'mystical' secret phenomena even.

He knows the ins and outs

The sage is very pure and free of impediments is his mind. Something else entirely

would he still be attracted to children? I mean they are just undeveloped creatures...it's like taking a homeless bastard, shower him, groom him, now see how people react to him. but the wolf does not change

what does a child have that a sage does not ? what could a sage find interesting in a baby ?

Edited by EmeraldHead

21 hours ago, manitou said:

or to totally engage in human emotion

what about the impression?

Okay let's see this scenario:

Very high level sage, one with Dao sees a junior Very EARNEST in his cultivation, talented and making progress but an awfully long way to go. The sage can see so many imperfections, yet he can see the spark of what he once was or probably a spark of something he never can understand and never hate.

Let's assume the sage is having a lazy day and messing around, drinking and being in a good mood when he sees this fellow. Would he help him or would he see the TOTAL of that fellow cultivator as being just his imperfections and lack of progress?

I mean they reach an unconditioned existence so surely they can project love just as they project willpower/endurance.

(tell me if my English doesn't make sense)

Edited by EmeraldHead

18 hours ago, EmeraldHead said:

semantics. :D

Nope . Two totally different things  IMO . I ask why does a sage have to be immortal ? A simple question  without semantic juggling

no c'mon I know you practice western occultism and concentration practice.

So ?  Does this  exclude my type of accrued wisdom  ?

thats not what I told you about.

What you told me about ?

:huh:

.. and here I was thinking I was going to help you by offering some answers to your questions  !

I meant besides your own children which you naturally have a causal/hormonal connection with

I guess you just skimmed my response .  I WAS  talking about it generally . See the links I made for you .  I dont have my own children

normal people, everyone around, find children attractive or not unpleasant because they are PURE, in comparison to themselves at least

.But what does 'pure' mean  ? Its just a word that palms off the explanation , again, see the links I made  ... or maybe I should not have even bothered ?

surely the kids never mean no harm, but they channel what early Daoists called 'higher shens' and have very pure bodies and modes of function

BUT WHAT OF THE SAGE?! He can directly all this 'mystical' secret phenomena even.

He knows the ins and outs

The sage is very pure and free of impediments is his mind. Something else entirely

would he still be attracted to children? I mean they are just undeveloped creatures...it's like taking a homeless bastard, shower him, groom him, now see how people react to him. but the wolf does not change

what does a child have that a sage does not ? what could a sage find interesting in a baby ?

Are these real questions this time ?        Or maybe they are rhetorical and you already know the answers ?

• Like 1

Very high level sage, one with Dao sees a junior Very EARNEST in his cultivation, talented and making progress but an awfully long way to go. The sage can see so many imperfections, yet he can see the spark of what he once was or probably a spark of something he never can understand and never hate.

Let's assume the sage is having a lazy and messing around, drinking and being in a good mood when he sees this fellow. Would he help him or would he the TOTAL of that fellow cultivator as being just his imperfections and lack of progress?

I mean they reach an unconditioned existence so surely they can project love just as they project willpower/endurance.

Not much ... the syntax is often confusing , eg the italicised bit.

If English isnt your first language  and /or  you have difficulty with it and reading the links provided , its good to let us know, then we can understand the communication issues .

Edited by Nungali

15 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I don´t find babies cute but I suspect that as I meander my way towards sagehood they will grow on me.

Dude ! 

Thats just plain weird ! 

80b622cabc590a55e4e22d07bb4f2a2d.jpg

Babies can have a positive effect with the higher shens, essentially transmuting trapped mind in desire energy. Even more so, a sage essentially charges his environment to higher heights just with his presence. Because the higher awareness is scarce mostly, he has plenty to spare and no chill for himself.

Edited by EmeraldHead

On 1/10/2020 at 7:09 PM, EmeraldHead said:

Let's assume the sage is having a lazy day and messing around, drinking and being in a good mood when he sees this fellow. Would he help him or would he see the TOTAL of that fellow cultivator as being just his imperfections and lack of progress?

The Sage would make no judgment.  The overriding pertinent dynamic here is love.  The Sage would do the most loving thing he could for this fellow;  the Sage would have the wisdom to know (anticipating your question) the difference between loving and enabling.  He wouldn't be afraid to speak the truth to this man, but he would do it in a kind and gentle manner.  Being able to confront all situations with Love is borne of the knowledge that we are all the great I Am.  This is what the self-realized ones know.  We're all the same soul, only with different conditionings.  We think we're separate but we're not.  To look into the eyes of another is to look into the eyes of the Dao, the Intelligence, the I Am, God - any number of names.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Nungali said:

Dude ! 

Thats just plain weird ! 

80b622cabc590a55e4e22d07bb4f2a2d.jpg

Nungers - what strikes me is that picture juxtaposed with your signature line, about the serpent coming forth from the earth.....:lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, manitou said:

but he would do it in a kind and gentle manner

I like what you said.

^ Sometimes harsh words are needed but the sage need not say them for he can teach without words :)

Edited by EmeraldHead
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, EmeraldHead said:

^ Sometimes harsh words are needed but the sage need not say them for he can teach without words :)

Nice.

Edited by manitou

5 hours ago, EmeraldHead said:

I like what you said.

I enjoy teaching without words . Sometimes at martial arts  I  avoid all words and mime and demonstrate , stop and point ,  move my posture one way and shake my head and then correct it point and nod .  

One day someone might turn up that doesnt speak English   :D    , but really, its a whole different way .

I also did it with  the twins, when they where very little boys , 'toddlers'  , pre speaking , just a few words .  Here the 'sage' or  the 'responsible adult'  must teach 'by example' , as they say .   So I would act out things for them , put on a little show .

Not harsh words , but by teaching by example - harsh example  .... harsh self example . I would act out silly comedy scenes  and do everything wrong with disastrous slapstick consequences to myself .    Eg  ,    they are fussing near the burning wood heater and thinking about putting more wood in ( I could tell ) . So I approach them with  a condescending adult look  , shake my head, wave them back miming authoritarian adult  ( and believe me this works on much smaller children , pre-speaking , they 'get' the mime and the joke ..... because its such a big part of their life and often frustrates them  :D  ) .    I  over act it all out wrong , pretending to show them the 'right way'  . I open the door with no  glove , pretend my hand is burnt ,  I go to get the wood  and smoke is coming out into the room  so I rush back and shut the door THEN go and get the wood first ,  pick up a too big bit ( for the smouldering fire) with one hand , drop it on my toe , hop around  ouching , and they are in hysterics  and start  showing ME the proper way to do it ;  give me the thick fire gloves to put on , point to get the wood fist BEFORE opening the door ,   say 'No'  when I go to grab the big piece " little wood first "  and then 'TWO HANDS '  ... the other one  " watch your toes , be careful . "  At the end I would 'Oooohhh !  THATS how ya do it ."

Anyway, it was fun . . . . .  more fun than  the harsh words of,   ' GET BACK from that!  Do you want to burn your hands off !  :angry: "

( That was  the Mumonster  !  :o      ..... whose nastiness I often had to counter . )

Now you know why the 'sage' sometimes seem like a 'buffoon'     :)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, EmeraldHead said:

you're still communicating using the body here. not being a dick but it's different. it's more of a physchic means of communication. paramount to the 9th bhumi of good intelligence :)

Oh that .  I do that with my 'badly retarded' niece .  She has severe autism.  But in other ways she is a genius . We have wonderful psychic communication and when I do that she calms down and comes over to me just to be in my space, or sit next to me or even  touch me . It freaks the family out as when they try to get her to respond 'normally'   to others she goes off - violent or constant screaming .   - Its actually very sad , her own family does not understand her  - or me for that matter ;  they separated us to stop her 'annoying me' , I told them she was not , but they still did it  so the screaming started again and she attacked her father and got taken to her room . Sad .  They dont understand at all  :( 

16 hours ago, Nungali said:

Not harsh words , but by teaching by example - harsh example  .... harsh self example . I would act out silly comedy scenes  and do everything wrong with disastrous slapstick consequences to myself .    Eg  ,    they are fussing near the burning wood heater and thinking about putting more wood in ( I could tell ) . So I approach them with  a condescending adult look  , shake my head, wave them back miming authoritarian adult  ( and believe me this works on much smaller children , pre-speaking , they 'get' the mime and the joke ..... because its such a big part of their life and often frustrates them  :D  ) .    I  over act it all out wrong , pretending to show them the 'right way'  . I open the door with no  glove , pretend my hand is burnt ,  I go to get the wood  and smoke is coming out into the room  so I rush back and shut the door THEN go and get the wood first ,  pick up a too big bit ( for the smouldering fire) with one hand , drop it on my toe , hop around  ouching , and they are in hysterics  and start  showing ME the proper way to do it ;  give me the thick fire gloves to put on , point to get the wood fist BEFORE opening the door ,   say 'No'  when I go to grab the big piece " little wood first "  and then 'TWO HANDS '  ... the other one  " watch your toes , be careful . "  At the end I would 'Oooohhh !  THATS how ya do it ."

The only problem is, the rest of us weren't mimes in our past life.

Really, that is a fabulous way to get kids to remember things.  I had a science teacher in high school teach us the female reproductive parts of a flower by doing a little samba, including wagging finger, to the cadence of "stigma, style, and ova-reeeee!"

Sounds like you are great with kids.

15 hours ago, EmeraldHead said:

You're still communicating using energy here :)

On 11/01/2020 at 2:09 PM, EmeraldHead said:

Your  sage is still using energy here as well  ^  ... actually they are  projecting energy

So , what's your point ?

You dont like a sage with harsh words , so good words are used for you .

You; 'You are still using words '.

So you are given an example  of sage action without words .

You ;  ' You are still using actions .'

So you are given an example without words or actions .

You ;  'You are still using energy .'

You asked previously if we could let you know if you are not making sense  -  Dude , you are NOT making sense.

( and now you are tipping on the line , about to fall into THAT category  -  I suppose which side you fall on depends on your response . )

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

' Grouping them '  ? 

You think that's what you where doing ?     Okay then  . 

Finger-on-scales-of-justice-photo-780x40

bye bye .

Now  how did he remove all his silly posts here from Monday onwards up to the one before my last post above    ? 

At least that is the view I am getting on this page now .  You can see the remains of them as I quoted some .

Somebody got their hands on the  moderation  codes did they ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Now  how did he remove all his silly posts here from Monday onwards up to the one before my last post above    ? 

At least that is the view I am getting on this page now .  You can see the remains of them as I quoted some .

Somebody got their hands on the  moderation  codes did they ?

Probably hid his own posts.

3 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Probably hid his own posts.

You can do that in a  thread ?   Interesting - an escape clause for people that write BS and then get  challenged on it .

Rather silly, as all it takes is one person to quote them , and its obvious what they did .

He is DEFINITELY  in  '  THAT  '  category now .

11 minutes ago, Nungali said:

You can do that in a  thread ?   Interesting - an escape clause for people that write BS and then get  challenged on it .

Rather silly, as all it takes is one person to quote them , and its obvious what they did .

He is DEFINITELY  in  '  THAT  '  category now .

Yep, a lot of people hide or just edit their posts to read “.”

Some also change their user names to hide their past associations—someone for example associated with M_ P__ changed their username then hid all posts related to any participation they had on the subject matter, then for some bizarre reason join up with another questionable individual and his group here, for example.