joeblast

Waterfall Meditation

Since Jen and I have a trip planned to go to Niagara Falls in a couple weeks, I was wondering if anyone has any experience or knows anything about meditation near waterfalls? Its a biggun' there, so I am curious. I would like to go meditate on that island in between the falls...the falls are loud, it feels energetic being near them....

Edited by joeblast

i don't know about meditating near waterfalls (tho that would be interesting to try)

but

i grew up in the bflo-NF area and "the Falls" aren't a joke.

you can't imagine the power and how much water is rushing

until you're there and feel it.

i remember getting all this crazy energy from it before i'd even heard of tao.

so i can imagine you'd have to really jazzed up meditation/energy flow happen if you lotus around there.

just be warned - the american side is industrial and the canadian side is a tourist attraction

but there are places to find some nature and relative quiet.

I am guessing the air will be pretty well saturated with negative ions which is supposed to be very good for meditation etc...

Speaking of negative ions, has anyone done sweatlodge? There you get lots of negative ions and its very cleansing to the whole body. You get a little wired in the head aswell and you recieve visions and opening experiences, things like that. Its a lot of fun! Negative ions are great!

I went there when I was a kid. There are probably some great spots on the side of the waterfalls that you can sit and do some practice.

Really amazing place.

Although it sounds like a great experience and idea, I wouldn't recommend it. Trying to meditate next to such a powerful place can really be damaging to your qi. Honestly I'd find a smaller place in the park with a little less power. Nature is powerful and can be great but you need to respect it as well. I don't think too many people can take on such a place.

I once tried doing Zhuang Zong standing meditation in front of the great pyramids in Egypt and that was a bad idea...knocked me right on my but. The ocean will have the same effect.

Just my opinion.

Wudangspirit.

Since Jen and I have a trip planned to go to Niagara Falls in a couple weeks, I was wondering if anyone has any experience or knows anything about meditation near waterfalls? Its a biggun' there, so I am curious. I would like to go meditate on that island in between the falls...the falls are loud, it feels energetic being near them....

Not a good idea, that extreme Yin turns into Yang, you know I-Ching fundamentals.

You don't want to absorb Yang resulting from extreme Yin.

This kind of waterfall has the right amount of Yin energey and a real joy for your entire energetic core.

2cq1qc2.jpg

I once tried doing Zhuang Zong standing meditation in front of the great pyramids in Egypt and that was a bad idea...knocked me right on my but. The ocean will have the same effect.

Just my opinion.

Wudangspirit.

Bah, I practice tai chi at the ocean all the time. It feels awesome, and I get a good vibe. Niagra Falls may be different, but if he is meditating downstream I think he would be fine.

Dan, promise us you won't try to sit and meditate directly under the falls compadre! At least not without an umbrella. :P

<_< I though this topic was going to be about K3 :)

K3 is about absorbing the mist from a waterfall, right? So negative ions really have some relevance here, even though it is "just" a visualization.

Gotcha Mal :P

I wasnt thinking of doing kunlun, I just had some peaceful sitting in mind. I'll have to feel what the energy is like, then decide if I want to sit or not.

I've been there before, once a long time ago.

Taiji on the beach and doing alchemical meditation by a huge waterfall such as Niagara are two different things. Maybe you're just more powerful than the nature around you? Hhhahahah...just kidding. Everyone has different experiences....just sharing mine.

Wudangspirit

Bah, I practice tai chi at the ocean all the time. It feels awesome, and I get a good vibe. Niagra Falls may be different, but if he is meditating downstream I think he would be fine.

Dan, promise us you won't try to sit and meditate directly under the falls compadre! At least not without an umbrella. :P