Sign in to follow this  
Hannes

WW3 2020?

2 hours ago, moment said:

I got to thinking about this again and how your reply seemed so strange. TaoMeow herself said that she had never before gone off on anyone like that before. Other people mentioned how she was unrecognizable in her responses. (Obviously not brilliantly following her way). Why were you spinning obvious BS?  I also was wondering why you had to jump in and defend a very strong, extremely capable women who does not need a white knight?

Then I was looking at how you twisted and misapplied my use of guilty.  Then it dawned on me. When TaoMeow was being harassed and treated so unfairly, (that she ended up leaving until the moderators left and you were no longer admin) that it was your moderators that were harassing her.  You watched it unfold and you could have stopped it at any time and you did not!  You know you should have, but, you did not. Guilt!

It was a joke... people can't take a joke any more these days.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, dawei said:

I see! You have made the same claim that Trump is usually joking around and only you and his sycophantic base understand the difference. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 12:31 AM, Nungali said:

One could demand to see the quote that usually settles it  .   

How are you with a hand gun ? 

1present.jpg?format=1500w

i'm thinking those umbrella holders have quite a bit of faith. ah the code duello; wah wah wah,,,

the formal gentlemanly civilized way to snuff out your rival. black tie.

some legislature had the audacity to outright ban formal duels in Kentucky--say what?! I must defend my honor!

besides, i'm a bit of a red neck,,,,

well, the de-facto duel became all the fashion. her name was magill, she called herself jil, but everyone knew her as Nancy.

while the Danish national symphony amplifies dramatic expression we kept playing my old Kentucky home and results were mixed between heroic tragedy and outright farce.

I used to scoff, attempting to put some sense of humor, some chance at de-escalation of dissuasion and say shit like that's bold talk for a one eyed fat man or you're gonna look awfully silly with that knife sticking up your ass, you learn some folks don't have much of a sense of humor,,

then a one eyed half tailed cat adjusted my view of things, so the element of tension remains, the Danish national symphony doubles down on the morricone

and you must realize that gallantry is at once both,; courteous attention and respect given to women by men and daring action on teh field of battle dauntless and plucky, game and gritty. 

in a formal duel much of all that is left out and maybe you stand there unflinching adhering to the rules of engagement, your gentlemanly honor remains intact, so intact that preserving honor trumps falling in mortal competition,,,and I get that to an extant yet--

yet, some have a fighting spirit and don't want to stand a motionless target,. face to face point blank shot---the hell with that,

personally, I usually prefer to use barely perceptible movements that most usually has the other guy leisurely presenting his back to me,,, and other ghostly skills. 

sometimes, in a playful mood and/or feeling the need to be challenged; ya know to wind in some odd way against all odds for experience sake. either way this is what expressionism means to me. strum and drang style. not to become some dark legend, rather to shine some light on the darkness that we all encounter. unless you're a sissy or something.

I guess duels are ok if it results in avoiding crossroads killing and that level of madness. a improvisational spirit combined with a high fighting spirit with some barely perceptible effective moves, yeah. 

the origins of tragedy and ritual in the western tradition led to the emergence of the greek play. theatre. 

war is the oldest ritual. I cant explain why that is. just know that it is. on Thursday, 0820 hours my local time, our effortlessly annoying cat gave a measured perspective, the effortlessly annoying cat also included mention that these dramatic actions can lead to chaotic results. 

dialogue existed prior to plato and plato holds the light to shine on dialogue and it's still an element of drama. a much needed element.

nowadays seems we get lots of diverting banter.. banter all ya want, war is hell.

I don't mind, (in fact I like) a good street fight. some de-facto form of duel, and it can lead to chaos too on a smaller scale.

never know when on the larger scale due to these dramatic actions we end up with some frightening form of chaos beyond our imagination. 

• Like 1

Since we are on the subject the last mod crew here only moderated from a right wing point of view in which any alt-right person here could say or make accusations with impunity. Ad hominem attacks,  misogyny, anti-Semitism along with all forms of bigotry were the norm. There were a number of instances (Hillary Clinton thread) by one individual that I reported which I felt should have been forwarded to law enforcement. Did the mods take further action on this? No! Only silence!

One misogynist on this forum created a thread in which he demeaned women as a lower life form in which he claimed that women were inferior to men and advocated the death penalty for women having abortions!

There are rules that govern this forum and the mods turned their back by not enforcing the rules.

The reason I bring this up is that no one has an inkling as to whom may be influenced in the wrong direction which is why words matter!

• Like 2

Tao bums is a moderated, privately owned, web site; all who agree with our guiding principals are welcome to join our discussions:

Treat other members with respect. No personal attacks.

Moderators are present to enforce this, please abide by their decisions.

Basically No personal attacks.

It is totally fine to vocally disagree with a person's opinion, technique, politics, approach, lifestyle choice, etc.

But no insulting (or links to attacks) of individuals, nationalities, genders, political preferences, lifestyle choices, etc.

While this may sound restrictive and categorically un-Taoist, I believe it is a useful guideline to help us stop for a moment and think about how to present our perspectives intelligently without just flinging unproductive rudeness at each other. This way other members can receive value from your perspective and you can gain clarity by reasoning out why you initially felt compelled to verbally put down someone else for being different. No one, including the originating poster, gains anything from statements like "So and so is a complete moron", etc. If you have an opinion and you believe it's relevant to a topic at hand, post it as constructively as possible so we can learn from you, debate with you, ignore you, whatever.

If you can't abide by this simple constructive guideline, either create your post in a PPD or expect it can be moved. This is our mini-octagon here for those of you that insist on a more primitive breed of taoist war.

Thanks,
Sean.

Edited June 9, 2015 by dawei

1 hour ago, zerostao said:

i'm thinking those umbrella holders have quite a bit of faith. ah the code duello; wah wah wah,,,

the formal gentlemanly civilized way to snuff out your rival. black tie.

some legislature had the audacity to outright ban formal duels in Kentucky--say what?! I must defend my honor!

besides, i'm a bit of a red neck,,,,

well, the de-facto duel became all the fashion. her name was magill, she called herself jil, but everyone knew her as Nancy.

while the Danish national symphony amplifies dramatic expression we kept playing my old Kentucky home and results were mixed between heroic tragedy and outright farce.

I used to scoff, attempting to put some sense of humor, some chance at de-escalation of dissuasion and say shit like that's bold talk for a one eyed fat man or you're gonna look awfully silly with that knife sticking up your ass, you learn some folks don't have much of a sense of humor,,

then a one eyed half tailed cat adjusted my view of things, so the element of tension remains, the Danish national symphony doubles down on the morricone

and you must realize that gallantry is at once both,; courteous attention and respect given to women by men and daring action on teh field of battle dauntless and plucky, game and gritty. 

in a formal duel much of all that is left out and maybe you stand there unflinching adhering to the rules of engagement, your gentlemanly honor remains intact, so intact that preserving honor trumps falling in mortal competition,,,and I get that to an extant yet--

yet, some have a fighting spirit and don't want to stand a motionless target,. face to face point blank shot---the hell with that,

personally, I usually prefer to use barely perceptible movements that most usually has the other guy leisurely presenting his back to me,,, and other ghostly skills. 

sometimes, in a playful mood and/or feeling the need to be challenged; ya know to wind in some odd way against all odds for experience sake. either way this is what expressionism means to me. strum and drang style. not to become some dark legend, rather to shine some light on the darkness that we all encounter. unless you're a sissy or something.

I guess duels are ok if it results in avoiding crossroads killing and that level of madness. a improvisational spirit combined with a high fighting spirit with some barely perceptible effective moves, yeah. 

the origins of tragedy and ritual in the western tradition led to the emergence of the greek play. theatre. 

war is the oldest ritual. I cant explain why that is. just know that it is. on Thursday, 0820 hours my local time, our effortlessly annoying cat gave a measured perspective, the effortlessly annoying cat also included mention that these dramatic actions can lead to chaotic results. 

dialogue existed prior to plato and plato holds the light to shine on dialogue and it's still an element of drama. a much needed element.

nowadays seems we get lots of diverting banter.. banter all ya want, war is hell.

I don't mind, (in fact I like) a good street fight. some de-facto form of duel, and it can lead to chaos too on a smaller scale.

never know when on the larger scale due to these dramatic actions we end up with some frightening form of chaos beyond our imagination. 

Indeed !  A duel, when 'managed' can sort out all sorts of difficulties  , but when executed under different motivations can lead to a chain of disasters .  here is a whole film about that .... all starts from a 'duel'  (and not the BS type where you stand still and take turns  at each other ) ;

81dXV16KDDL._SL1453_.jpg

A better way to have  a duel ;

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ralis said:

Basically No personal attacks.

It is totally fine to vocally disagree with a person's opinion, technique, politics, approach, lifestyle choice, etc.

But no insulting (or links to attacks) of individuals, nationalities, genders, political preferences, lifestyle choices, etc.

While this may sound restrictive and categorically un-Taoist, I believe it is a useful guideline to help us stop for a moment and think about how to present our perspectives intelligently without just flinging unproductive rudeness at each other. This way other members can receive value from your perspective and you can gain clarity by reasoning out why you initially felt compelled to verbally put down someone else for being different. No one, including the originating poster, gains anything from statements like "So and so is a complete moron", etc. If you have an opinion and you believe it's relevant to a topic at hand, post it as constructively as possible so we can learn from you, debate with you, ignore you, whatever.

If you can't abide by this simple constructive guideline, either create your post in a PPD or expect it can be moved. This is our mini-octagon here for those of you that insist on a more primitive breed of taoist war.

Thanks,
Sean.

Edited June 9, 2015 by dawei

What ?  :huh:

dawei 'edited' a post by Sean ?   Am I reading that right ?

1 hour ago, ralis said:

2 hours ago, dawei said:

Nope.

5 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Where we you in 2007 when all this kicked off.  Eh?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Apech said:

Where we you in 2007 when all this kicked off.  Eh?

Errrmmmm ....  ummmmm   .....   probably stoned man  ....  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNRQI5pqxEHQl11BBHMaD

• Haha 3

I dont go to Trump discussion threads .  I saw some of it ... I didnt know it went  THAT far .

if that DID happen Sean seems very liberal in allowing THAT particular membership to continue .

I mean ... thats  MUTINY !

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuHoQ6PfooyxQz0_sIK--

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Apech said:

Nope.

I gotta joke for ya !

Oh wait , its   bad one  ....  maybe people CANT  take a joke any more   .... I better PM it to you

....  you send me  $20   - I will PM you the joke      ;) 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I gotta joke for ya !

Oh wait , its   bad one  ....  maybe people CANT  take a joke any more   .... I better PM it to you

....  you send me  $20   - I will PM you the joke      ;) 

I can't PM or send Paypal at the moment cos I'm in full lotus and my hands won't reach the keyboard.  Sorry.

Edited by Apech
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Rules are updated by staff... What's in the kool-aid being passed around here :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Apech said:

I can't PM or send Paypal at the moment cos I'm in full lotus and my hands won't reach the keyboard.  Sorry.

Okay ... ya owe me  then .

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dawei said:

Rules are updated by staff... What's in the kool-aid being passed around here :rolleyes:

Did you swim back ?

Its not the cool aid  ... its those  damn doggie treats  !

stoned-dogs-0004.png

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree WW3  began awhile back, I had some thread  down here covering it.  It was promptly ridiculed. The thread was ridiculed not the war mongering, which I found, well,,,

Right wing~~left wing~~~all a bunch of wing nuts. It's a fact, but I can say, ok, iMO

Opinion, fact, whichever, the war never ends. Ah some schmuck politician, choose whatever flavor is in favor, and that bozo might say, elect me, I will end this war! Ok,

It happens like that sometimes and then you know what happens next?

A new war gets started. Every fucking time.

The wars never end, I try and choose which ones I participate in. I don't need politicians telling me which ones to fight.

Since the thought police is on patrol here~~check this out; I am issuing a blanket insult out directed towards all politicians who do not oppose the war. I'm not referring to the latest installment issue. But to the war. I just insulted basically every politician, save a rare few, you've ever heard of. I know I feel insulted by them. I do with hold insults directed towards fellow bums, the bums who support these bozo politicians, surely, I can express disappointment, no? I love y'all bums, but that's another thing entirely.

Isn't it strange, maybe it's just me, probably is, I ain't in lock step with the mainstream, I know a few others of ya ain't either, I salute those bums. So yeah, two things seem on opposite ends of the spectrum,  love and war, and we've all heard in those two theatres, ain't no rules. ALL Is FAIR...

Time for me to go back out on patrol. I'm sensing darkness.

Catch ya later thought police.

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 12:28 PM, dawei said:

OK

Edited by moment

On 1/9/2020 at 5:42 AM, SirPalomides said:

Fine consolation for living in an open air prison where the government can murder your family or flatten your home with impunity. 

the “Christian Zionist” ideology that is in fact deeply anti-Semitic and which influences Trump’s policies toward Israel. 

As an aside let me be clear that I have no sympathy for the stuff Gendao is posting that suggests that the “Zionists” (and yes in this case it is an antisemitic whistle word) control the US government. The reasoning that criticism of Israel being persecuted proves that Israel controls the US is faulty to say the least. In response to a few of Gendao’s Annunaki shitposts on another thread I posted the fittingly insane rants of Francis E Dec, Esq.

Lol, the callous dismissal, degradation, dehumanization, and denialism about the (Semitic) Arabs living under Israeli apartheid is ACTUAL anti-Semitism.

It's like heyyy, the inmates had a swimming pool, orchestra, sauna, and brothel in Auschwitz, so it was like summer camp there too, yo!

And BTW, ultra-colonialist Bibi would disagree with you...

“I know what America is. America is a thing you can move very easily, move it in the right direction. They won’t get in their way.”
“They asked me before the election if I’d honor [the Oslo accords],” he said. “I said I would, but ... I’m going to interpret the accords in such a way that would allow me to put an end to this galloping forward to the ‘67 borders. How did we do it? Nobody said what defined military zones were. Defined military zones are security zones; as far as I’m concerned, the entire Jordan Valley is a defined military zone. Go argue.” - Benjamin Netanyahu

But of course, who cares...here again, we have CHRISTIANITY DRIVING AMERICAN POLICY again...and again, and again...  HERE is the root of all colonialist evil!  No matter how whack it is in reality today...still gotta follow what the Bible instructs its sheeple to!  I mean, it's literally insane that our government plays global checkers based entirely upon that playbook...instead of sane and situational ethics.  But instead, literally insane!

Edited by gendao

Gendao, one of many problems with your historically illiterate narrative is that “Christian Zionism” is a modern ideology, chiefly found among Western Protestants. Christians in the Holy Land by and large have no sympathy for it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SirPalomides said:

Gendao, one of many problems with your historically illiterate narrative is that “Christian Zionism” is a modern ideology, chiefly found among Western Protestants. Christians in the Holy Land by and large have no sympathy for it. 

So what?  There are nearly 300 million Protestants worldwide alone and the elite American power structure has long been composed of WASPs, hello???  

The Ozzie Trump, ScoMo, is also a WASP...

Now compare this to your ~200,000 minority Christians living in the "Holy Land," lol..

Edited by gendao

4 minutes ago, gendao said:

So what?  There are nearly 300 million Protestants worldwide and the elite American power structure has long been composed of WASPs, hello???  

Now compare this to your ~200,000 minority Christians living in the "Holy Land," lol..

Nothing in the world is larger than the tip of a hair in autumn.

Sign in to follow this