dawei

Full Editor option ?

I recall a Full Editor option or at least a button in the editor to the far left so that one could view their post in code mode.  This was one of the easiest ways to fix messed up quotes.  Not sure if that was a staff only setting but seems useful to members if that is available. 

2 hours ago, sean said:

Is the "Source" button not visible for you?

Full Editor option ? - Forum and Tech Support - The Dao Bums 2020-01-04 13-22-03.png

It is not there... so must be a staff viewing/use setting.

But for those who can wade through tag codes,  it is a nice option.  

I always found it a useful feature when it was available and my most vehement gripe after the upgrade was how clumsy the quote function was and it definitely messed with my posting until I figure out how to work around how many problems its seeming simplicity hid.

Being able to go back and forth between editing on a word processor on my computer in code and bring it back here to finish it up was a big help to me and also kept a better record of what I had posted.  The quality and quantity of my posting has suffered over the past few years because of the change, but my understanding is that bringing in some types of source could pose a security problem.  I don't know how serious a problem it could be, but that was a concern in not making it generally available.

ZYD

• Like 2