Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

The Chi Revolution

Hi Cam
The Chi Revolution is an excellent overview of the world of chi, the most comprehensive intro I've read. I've been doing Frantzis' Energy Gates set for a couple years now, so most of the information was not new to me, but this is definitely the book I'd recommend to friends who are just starting out and want a big picture overview of the whole territory (well, a lot of it anyway). He's got a great introductory exercise set at the end of the book that introduces Longevity breathing, energy scanning (dissolving) and concludes with 3 exercises from his Dragon and Tiger Chi Kung set. I found these exercises effective and chi-full, and a great impetus for my Energy Gates practice.

The first exercise is for balancing both side of the body, the second for opening the heart, and the third, freeing trapped chi. I liked doing the exercises so much that I got his new instruction manual (Dragon and Tiger Medical Chi Kung), which details all seven exercises. The three exercises from The Chi Revolution are the EASY ones! The new one I'm learning now (Dragon Looks to the Horizon) is the most complex of the set, a real challenge to coordinate. Frantzis breaks complex movements down into small doable pieces, and I feel the energy powerfully when I do the movements individually. But attending to the chi when I'm trying to coordinate my left and right hands and feet all doing different things is really a trip. It's been a great incentive to learn to just laugh at myself without being discouraged. Each day I get a little more of it together.

I agree with everything chev said. I have all of Bruce's books. This one gave a great overview of the whole chi gung/taoist thing and ties it all together in a way that I haven't seen Bruce do yet (and I've been to 2 of his seminars as well..)

I wish everyone would read this book. It has an endearing tone to it, and encourages humanity to move towards life than towards death. What can be wrong with that?

Does it go into the water method in more detail than his other books or more of an overview?

It's more of an overview. For me, the best description of the water method is in Relaxing Into Your Being, another great book.

Sign in to follow this