thelerner

3 Goals for this year, easy, hard and near impossible

I'll fill in an answer later, after it percolates a bit.

Looking for people to write down 3 Goals for the New Year.

One easy, One hard and lastly a goal they'd like to accomplish but it would be very very hard. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I'll fill in an answer later, after it percolates a bit.

Looking for people to write down 3 Goals for the New Year.

One easy, One hard and lastly a goal they'd like to accomplish but it would be very very hard. 

Easy - don't spend any money on monster energy drinks (a personal weakness).

Hard - let people argue, and leave such things be.

Very very hard - don't call out at work, or leave early unless the company is offering early outs.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Easy - do more training, reading, good eating, cash raising, loving my dogs and cats and rescuing and finding homes for more strays

Hard - sleeping early instead of playing video games/going on TDB/chatting with Super Cultivation Bros

Brutal - neither starting nor continuing fights and just accepting people with love, respect, and forgiveness

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

Brutal - neither starting nor continuing fights and just accepting people with love, respect, and forgiveness

If it wasn't brutal,

everyone would do it :)

also you're in the right place to get in epractice.  which is much easier then real life, cause (e)here we have to do is (e)ignore or (e)move on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Easy -- nothing is easy for a cat, whatever it is, I'd much rather take a nap.

Hard -- nothing is hard for a cat, whatever it is, I'll just sit and stare at it and someone will eventually do it.  Maybe even me.  

Brutal -- all that superfluous stuff humans have to do.      

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I usually don't plan that much. I'm more like a tree I keep going with obvious (but vague) vital goals and things happen around me. Most living forms seem to have that receptive idling ability. Possibly the latest's branch DNA will mutate, it did happen before.

Truth is I'm confident and happy with things as they are including -what some oddly call- weakness as it turns into (or come from) force on a regular basis.

So you said tree goals ?

1 : taking care of root network

2 : search for the light

3 : spread out what is learnt on the way

Edited by CloudHands
english weaknesses
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, CloudHands said:

1 : taking care of root network

2 : search for the light

3 : spread out what is learnt on the way

mù phase.   Can tell without looking at your chart. :)  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

Maybe I'm retro phasing - was born fire tiger - but trees ranks high in my chart ;)

• Like 1

Easy - *wanders off somewhere for no particular reason, and becomes fascinated by the antics of nature*

Hard - *returns from wandering and actually manages to maintain some semblance of a functional household*

Ultimate - *wanders off for good*

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CloudHands said:

Maybe I'm retro phasing - was born fire tiger - but trees ranks high in my chart ;)

You mean the year of the fire tiger.  I mean either your "proprietary" or your "dominant" phase.  They sometimes happen to coincide with that of the year, but bazi is "eight characters," of which "fire tiger" (year) is two.  I'm betting on the remaining six. 

Of course Fire folks may also use Wood metaphors to express their aspirations pertaining to Self -- but only the most filial ones among them, since Wood is their Mother phase. :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

As a Sagittarian Water Pig, I am hoping for a better year myself after a few bad ones consecutively. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, thelerner said:

If it wasn't brutal,

everyone would do it :)

also you're in the right place to get in epractice.  which is much easier then real life, cause (e)here we have to do is (e)ignore or (e)move on. 

E here is much easier than offline. I tend to get into conflicts when telling people to lower the volume of their phone or use earphones instead of playing music and movies from their speakers, and some people are nice, others want to fight.

I hate Steve Jobs for inventing iPhones and the smart phone revolution. I hate people for not respecting public space. This is why I end up in fights because it’s hard to ignore.

• Like 2

Add daily to my word collection of favorite words.

Recognize that feelings are just feelings.  They won´t kill me and no feeling necessitates the eating of a chocolate chip cookie.

Stop glomming onto my partner energetically.  (I´ll know I´ve succeeded when I can feel happy when he´s sad.)

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Guess I woke up too late and missed this. Drat. :( 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Haha 1

It's easy to know what I want.  Not hard to develop a plan that gets me there.  But to act on it, is to fight against the gravity of my personality.  To gain an escape velocity that keeps me from being pulled back by laziness and desires.  The pull of pleasure. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Guess I woke up too late and missed this. Drat. :( 

Sorry, had second thoughts -- wasn't sure I was giving sound advice.  Maybe some other time though. :) 

• Sad 1

On 1/2/2020 at 9:55 AM, silent thunder said:

sincere heart

kind heart

quiet heart

I think this says it all for me too.  thanks, ST

Edited by manitou
  • Like 2

On 1/2/2020 at 9:11 PM, thelerner said:

It's easy to know what I want.  Not hard to develop a plan that gets me there.  But to act on it, is to fight against the gravity of my personality.  To gain an escape velocity that keeps me from being pulled back by laziness and desires.  The pull of pleasure. 

I want to get healthier, which means losing 20#'s and gaining some muscle and endurance. 

I want to be productive.  Learn programming, get some programs done, mainly visualizing charts in game forms ie farming and movement of fish.  Want to learn Affinity Photo and get some picture work done.

Be nice to join some cool clubs this year.  Kids to escape the nest, as the kids come back to it.