Goku76

Breathing into LDT properly using reverse breathing

On 1/17/2020 at 5:21 AM, GSmaster said:

Those come from weak subconsciousness.

Nocturnal emissions with a dream, perhaps.

Nocturnal emissions with no dream are called 滑精/huajing, which is different from those with a dream, usually called 遺精/yijing or 夢遺/mengyiHuajing is generally understood to be primarily caused by weak kidney yang. There are various types of mengyi which are categorized by their causes, which can include excessive desire, built up jing fluid, kidney yin deficiency leading to a type of "fire" (metaphorically speaking) that disturbs the mind during sleep and triggers wet dreams; and visits from entities which in English I suppose we could call incubi/succubi.

"Weak subconscious" arguably plays a role in all of this, but not necessarily the main role. For instance--supposing that we interpret the term "weak subconscious" in a similar way--a person with this problem may be more easily "seduced" in sleep by a ghost. However, strong qi in and of itself will protect the body from the advances of such creatures, and not everybody who has strong qi has a strong mind, just as not all people with strong minds have strong qi.

On 1/17/2020 at 5:21 AM, GSmaster said:

Lack of qi circulation / qi stagnation

Premature ejaculation is not generally treated as a symptom of qi stagnation or insufficient qi circulation in Chinese medicine, and since Chinese medicine is very good at treating this condition, I lend credence to its explanations. Premature ejaculation is also more about deficient kidney yang (leading to the inability of the body to "hold" jing in long enough) or kidney yin deficiency (leading to "deficiency fire," which means that the various sexual responses, including both arousal and orgasm, are too easily triggered, kind of like a fuse that burns way too quickly). Chinese medicine also recognizes the mental factors that dominate the thinking on this condition in western medicine, anxiety and excessive excitement being the main culprits.  

• Like 4

To the original poster: Jou Tsung Hwa's books "Dao of meditation" and "Dao of Taijiquan" covers some use of the reverse breathing method. They are a little difficult to understand without a teacher.

Also thanks to Taomeow your comments have clarified some of the confusion I had while doing some reading. I am male but did practice with a few female players/practitioners. 

12 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

I've started a blog in order to comment on different ideas I find on forums.  My first one was inspired by this thread.

Reverse Breathing is Bullshit

Sorry to say, it is a complete fallacy. Reverse Breathing is the ultimate goal in martial arts and Qigong.

BTW I can give you tons of examples for the use of Reverse Breathing(RB).

Edited by ReturnDragon
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ReturnDragon said:

Reverse Breathing is the ultimate goal in martial arts and Qigong.

The ChiDragon campaign of lies stacked upon lies stacked upon lies begins again.

Beginners: beware taking any qigongneigong, Daoism, etc. advice from ReturnDragon aka ChiDragon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 08.02.2020 at 1:26 PM, ReturnDragon said:

Please check out this demo which require the martial artist to perform reverse breathing.

Is this result of qigong training?

1 minute ago, SongShuhang said:

It could be of either of two ways: Iron Shirt qigong, or Golden Bell. One kind involves mostly tapping and conditioning, with some internal practice that does include some breathing techniques (not necessarily reverse breathing), and the other is purely from internal training. I know several forms of iron shirt and golden bell, but two are developed passively and as a side effect of training more than directly focused. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SongShuhang said:

Yes, difinitely, my friend.

The performer has to do reverse breathing for this demo. Please note that his abdomen is tucked inward.

Edited by ReturnDragon
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, ReturnDragon said:

The performer has to do reverse breathing for this demo. Please note that his abdomen is tucked inward.

Zork, I am not surprised that you are confused at all.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ReturnDragon said:

I am not the one who is confused. ;)

You are alluding to systems that have breathing to protect from blows like Goju ryu karate do. They do not use reverse breathing. Plus they are damaging to the lungs!

Have you ever tried taking a blow using reverse breathing? It is both unnatural and dangerous.

The systems that Earl Grey is talking about are different. There are hints of how they work in Lam Kam Chuen's books but i don't think that LKC has mastered the techniques.

Edited by Zork
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Zork said:

You are alluding to systems that have breathing to protect from blows like Goju ryu karate do. They do not use reverse breathing. Plus they are damaging to the lungs!

Since when we are talking about karate, here, I thought we are talking about qigong?

1 minute ago, ReturnDragon said:

Since when we are talking about karate, here, I thought we are talking about qigong?

So there are no martial qigong forms that have been passed on to other systems i assume??? :lol:

• Haha 1

Karate meant "chinese hand" by the way. It is a derivative of chinese quan fa mixed with native Okinawan techniques.....

Keep proving how clueless you are!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zork said:

So there are no martial qigong forms that have been passed on to other systems i assume??? :lol:

Let's not talk about apples and oranges. Our mindset are too far apart. My friend!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zork said:

Karate meant "chinese hand" by the way. It is a derivative of chinese quan fa mixed with native Okinawan techniques.....

Karate is 空手道 means "empty hand"

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ReturnDragon said:

As i said you are clueless!

the pictograms changed. They used to mean chinese hand but the Japanese changed that to "empty hand".....

"Karate was originally written as "Chinese hand" (唐手 literally "Tang dynasty hand") in kanji. It was changed to a homophone meaning empty hand (空手) in 1935. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karate

6 minutes ago, ReturnDragon said:

Let's not talk about apples and oranges. Our mindset are too far apart. My friend!

So martial qigong isn't qigong? Is that what you are telling us?

Edited by Zork

43 minutes ago, ReturnDragon said:

What's confusing is how stubborn you are to insist with absolute certainty and self-appointed authority what you claim to know.

19 minutes ago, Zork said:

I am not the one who is confused. ;)

Have you ever tried taking a blow using reverse breathing? It is both unnatural and dangerous.

The systems that Earl Grey is talking about are different. There are hints of how they work in Lam Kam Chuen's books but i don't think that LKC has mastered the techniques.

There are some techniques for taking blows with reverse breathing. One is taught by Sifu Eric, but by and large, this is such a gross oversimplification since reverse breathing itself won't absorb the blows, your body has to be both rewired and conditioned to be able to absorb the blow and reflect the attack back at your opponent while taking zero damage. This of course requires development of the internal aspect, the golden bell, for its qi-based approach to create an intelligent body, more than the iron shirt for the external damage. 

14 minutes ago, ReturnDragon said:

Um, it's a comparison for reference since you're making conjecture and posting a video of an external style that is closer to Karate than it is to internal styles and training. 

13 minutes ago, Zork said:

The only thing that's not passed are the core internal techniques, as Kyokushin Karate has roots in Yi Quan, believe it or not. It's the most internal of all Karate styles, but it doesn't have Shili or Zhan Zhuang emphasized as much, or rather it has been adapted and refit into a more Karate context. 

10 minutes ago, Zork said:

7 minutes ago, ReturnDragon said:

Ever consider what Japanese people think Karate means versus what Chinese people think it means, even with the same characters?

バカバカ!!! 黙れ!!!

15 minutes ago, ReturnDragon said:

What mind do you even have to speak of? :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Zork said:

As i said you are clueless!

the pictograms changed. They used to mean chinese hand but the Japanese changed that to "empty hand".....

"Karate was originally written as "Chinese hand" (唐手 literally "Tang dynasty hand") in kanji. It was changed to a homophone meaning empty hand (空手) in 1935. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karate

So martial qigong isn't qigong? Is that what you are telling us?

Remember: he doesn't even use the actual definition of qigong. If he ran across styles like Wisdom Qigong, he would immediately say it's not qigong because it doesn't fit his criteria for reverse breathing or work on the mitochondria, because to him, qigong is just breathing and oxygen is qi. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zork said:

Sorry, 唐手(Tang hand) was the Japanese version using the Chinese Characters to fit their own meaning. I know it is very confusing with the mixture of languages Chinese, Japanese and English. It is very hard to communicate. 

@Earl Grey @Zork
I rest my case.

Edited by ReturnDragon

3 minutes ago, ReturnDragon said:

Sorry, 唐手(Tang hand) was the Japanese version using the Chinese Characters to fit their own meaning. I know it is very confusing with the mixture of languages Chinese, Japanese and English. It is very hard to communicate. 

Unless you actually speak both languages, know the history, and know the martial context while having competent skill. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ReturnDragon said:

I rest my case.

Except you contradict yourself by saying martial qigong is not qi, given that you yourself stated many times all over the place with bizarre certainty qi is oxygen, and so Goju-ryu breathing by your criteria is qigong because it's breath work in a martial context!

But yes: your case is put to rest because you've dug yourself into a hole with your poor logic and atrocious understanding...again. :lol:

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Thanks 2