Goku76

Breathing into LDT properly using reverse breathing

10 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

Breathing is generating electricity, there is also electricity in air

Thank you! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Goku76 said:

I have another question does anybody on here do reverse breathing on any form like zhan Zhang for example or should I only do abdominal breathing

Unless you know the pros and cons, don’t reverse breath. Why do you want to engage in that practice since it seems to me you don’t have the necessary knowledge for such an advanced practice. Most will strain in this practice which can lead to stress, high blood pressure and who knows what else. 

Like I said earlier, engaging in basic practices such as Vipassana, is far more appropriate than what you realize. 

Zen meditation is also a good place to start. Staring at a wall can be a profound experience. 

Edited by ralis

8 minutes ago, ralis said:

Unless you know the pros and cons, don’t reverse breath. Why do you want to engage in that practice since it seems to me you don’t have the necessary knowledge for such an advanced practice.

Thanks for your feedback but personally I have done abdominal breathing for about 2 years and a half and I have to say that for whatever reason reverse breathing feels more calming and relaxing for me and it definitely gives me more results of energy levels than the normal abdominal breathing. Also does anybody know how to do proper tummo meditation like the actual Tibetan one, and can someone  please send me a link for that :) 

Edited by Goku76

9 minutes ago, Goku76 said:

Thanks for your feedback but personally I have done abdominal breathing for about 2 years and a half and I have to say that for whatever reason reverse breathing feels more calming and relaxing for me and it definitely gives me more results of energy levels than the normal abdominal breathing. Also does anybody know how to do proper tummo meditation like the actual Tibetan one, and can someone  please send me a link for that :) 

If reverse breathing is apropos with benefits to your practice then why are you asking for advice? In terms of tummo, there is a lot of holding the breath which I don’t recommend. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

Why would you want it?

Its that meditation practice that heats the body to dry up the wet towels?

Its just a pointless and dumb practice, that is dangerous when you overheat the body and dont put a towel you can die, as a protein in the body "ceases" to be above 42 degrees.

I can guess that you listened or belong to idiots from w i m p a i that believe tummo and lvl 2b are the only real practices out there.

Both are a worthless waste of time and one can gain more benefit in the gym.

Heating or electrocuting physical body never leads to enlightenment, or to freedom from samsara, or to any form of immortality.

I guess it would come in handy if a clothes dryer is not available. :lol:

10 hours ago, Goku76 said:

Hello all I, have been training everyday to hold a full Lotus position which i now know to be able to cultivate more energy. And while I practice to hold the Lotus i would do zhan zhuang after and I can really feel the breath accumulate and it gets very warm in the dantien i know this might start some controversy, but i was also training to practice mo pai and if anyone could help with that it would be very beneficial to my training. 

3 hours ago, Goku76 said:

It seems you are slow to explaining the situation so we can understand your past practice but that's ok...  and you have already done NAB for 2 years and seems you have done  RAB also...  If you are trying RAB already, just do it.  Why are you asking?   My only advice is whether you have the coordination of the perineum and diaphragm moving in sync.   For RAB, you still want that coordination.

As for Tummo... @thelerner  has shared his experience.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dawei said:

As for Tummo... @thelerner  has shared his experience.   

I've done Wim Hof method, which really isn't Tummo though its a cousin.  I was exposed to 2 Tummo system, but can't say how authentic the stuff I learned was. Not compared to tibetan monks.   Both systems used a 7in7hold7out breathing system (which could grow to 10-10-10.  Breathed in, felt open, then light compression and heat, visualization of warm bones and inner heat, on out you'd let the fire out.  One was done sitting the other from horse stance and had a sanskrit mantra. 

Always seemed like the secret ingredient was chi/juice.  if trying such things, be careful.  If things get too hot slow down or stop.. find a real teacher.

On the other hand I think tummo is a forgotten birthright of mankind.   Something all our ancestors did at some point.  Like swimming its a practice that might save your life someday or at least make you look good by letting you offer your jacket to damsel in distress. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GSmaster said:

Why would you want it?

Its that meditation practice that heats the body to dry up the wet towels?

Its just a pointless and dumb practice, that is dangerous when you overheat the body and dont put a towel you can die, as a protein in the body "ceases" to be above 42 degrees.

I can guess that you listened or belong to idiots from w i m p a i that believe tummo and lvl 2b are the only real practices out there.

well I wanted learn proper tummo because it as we all know that it is currently winter, and i don't like meditating inside so i just wanted to heat up my body whilst cultivating energy at the same time. 

And as for being a Idiot i don't believe that level 2b are the only real practices out there. Gmaster wouldn't you also believe that every chigong or neigong method is similar in a way, I know everybody on this forum thinks that the instructions form Jim are stolen and incorrect but its still gathering power and that's important to me. Somehow this "stolen and incorrect instructions" are working for me and is getting results, sadly Jim McMillan and the bias Indonesian students towards westerners are and the only ones who know about the original Mo Pai. P.S NOT TRYING TO START WAR ON THIS FORUM, please just give your feedback in a positive way thank you.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Goku76 said:

I know everybody on this forum thinks that the instructions form Jim are stolen and incorrect

They are stolen. You are not authorized to practice, nor is anyone not part of the school allowed to practice officially. There are consequences for using stolen goods just like there are for pirating music and and movies.

5 minutes ago, Goku76 said:

but its still gathering power and that's important to me

Then you deserve whatever happens to you for pursuing power irresponsibly and unethically.

7 minutes ago, Goku76 said:

Somehow this "stolen and incorrect instructions" are working for me and is getting results

You are playing with energy; feeling results versus actual proper progress is different. Sensations are common, but you are also slowly causing long-term damage to yourself.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

. Sensations are common, but you are also slowly causing long-term damage to yourself.

Earl Grey Just to be clear you mean that level 2 is causing long-damage to myself not level 1 correct because that's just basic neigong?

14 minutes ago, Goku76 said:

Earl Grey Just to be clear you mean that level 2 is causing long-damage to myself not level 1 correct because that's just basic neigong?

Over a prolonged period of time, you will damage yourself--these are just foundational exercises which eventually will cause stagnation and qi sickness--which you apparently did not get when it was mentioned before. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Goku76 said:

Earl Grey what form of cultivation do you practice  MCO, Zhan Zhuang etc.

You must not be looking from a desktop. If you were, the sidebar where a user posts displays almost everything I practice.

1 minute ago, SirPalomides said:

Don't the Grey Lords hang out at Tanelorn?

Yes, and WiFi is not bad here in Tanelorn either. Rackhim makes sure of it.

• Haha 1

It feels nice when you breathe low and hit the spot you were after.  It doesn't always happen. 

P.S. a Tibetan Bon society is having-

Don't know anything about them or how much 'Tummo' will be presented.  Since its religious/enlightenment emphasis there's a chance the Tummo has other meanings then generating physical heat. 

Edited by thelerner

1 minute ago, SirPalomides said:

I picked up this demonic soul-sucking black sword in Chinatown the other day, anyone know any good Taiji sets for that?

Singing Elric style?

John Daker style?

Anybody else when they exercise breath into the spot that hurts then the area feels really energized, especially after a run it feels blissful. 

18 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

I picked up this demonic soul-sucking black sword in Chinatown the other day, anyone know any good Taiji sets for that?

I missed that, I got a cool mechanical hand instead.

• Haha 2

Haha yes GSmaster I have warm clothing but my reasoning for, this is just that it is amazing to feel like you don't NEED  any warm clothing and how you can for whatever reason if fate had it you were stranded like if you climbed Mt. Everest and you have a pileup of people and the gear you bought was complete rubbish, and the frost is setting in I think i rather have this trick up my sleeve. Just a hypothetical situation.

Hey guys this is a wild wild, idea being thrown out there I was reading mo pai warning and instructions and GSmaster commented on Megamind on how breathing sublimation+reverse breathing+straining = cancer, and I thought what if somehow you use your energy overtime to make the body very resistant and strong so then you can cultivate as much as you want in the dantien or your head or whatever the hell you want, and NOT get cancer from it.

• Haha 3

On 1/10/2020 at 9:57 AM, Goku76 said:

Haha yes GSmaster I have warm clothing but my reasoning for, this is just that it is amazing to feel like you don't NEED  any warm clothing and how you can for whatever reason if fate had it you were stranded like if you climbed Mt. Everest and you have a pileup of people and the gear you bought was complete rubbish, and the frost is setting in I think i rather have this trick up my sleeve. Just a hypothetical situation.

Random thought: People who are freezing to death often strip off their clothes - believing themselves to be overheating. They don't feel like they need warm clothing (paraphrase), although it generally doesn't turn out so well. The whole paradoxical thing can trip up the brain sometimes.. and I'd suggest fostering caution when setting up beliefs..

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 10:14 AM, Goku76 said:

Hey guys this is a wild wild, idea being thrown out there I was reading mo pai warning and instructions and GSmaster commented on Megamind on how breathing sublimation+reverse breathing+straining = cancer, and I thought what if somehow you use your energy overtime to make the body very resistant and strong so then you can cultivate as much as you want in the dantien or your head or whatever the hell you want, and NOT get cancer from it.

Jim's cancer was due to agent Orange exposure.

I know another vet with the same exposure and same cancer and he never practiced mo Pai one day in his life.

Gsmaster thinks he has machines that charge his LDT for him and gets power mutation capsules and brain injections so he can open portals to other worlds and fight 1000000 year old Naga demons, teleport and shoot eye lasers.

Yes seriously.

Be careful who you listen to online most of these people are just as bad as if not worse, and they all want to convince you how evil, dangerous and fake mo Pai is, all the while pushing their own made up placebo garbage.

Edited by MegaMind
  • Like 1